AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 17:45   Link #141
wingman32x

I really liked this episode. I can tell I'm really going to like Inami. She's quite cute and she turned out better than expected. I really liked Souta's interaction with the little kid. Especially what he said about Poplar. Inami was pretty funny this episode. I usually hate androphob's but she was pretty funny. It's obvious and predictable that she likes Souta. Anyway, a good episode overall.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 23:37   Link #142
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really enjoy the humor here - the writing is very Gainax in style to me. But the whole Inami hitting Souta gag had a half-life of about 5 minutes for me - by the end of the episode it was utterly predictable and tiresome. I sincerely hope they don't gnaw on that bone and drag the rest of the series down in the process.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 23:48   Link #143
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Inami is just so awesome she keeps hitting Takanashi in the face
Old 2010-04-14, 01:12   Link #144
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

"Even if the crazy chick shatters every bone in my face, I'll still work here because of my cute sempai!"

I think I'm missing something here.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 05:21   Link #145
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But the whole Inami hitting Souta gag had a half-life of about 5 minutes for me - by the end of the episode it was utterly predictable and tiresome. I sincerely hope they don't gnaw on that bone and drag the rest of the series down in the process.
Whilst it is repetitive and perhaps predictable, to me, the interesting part is actually waiting for Takanashi to come up with yet another foot-in-mouth moment that will set her off.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 05:27   Link #146
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Gah.. that was repetitively tiresome past the 3rd hit .. Guess I hang around for hairchan .. or whatever her name was >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 09:25   Link #147
TCman

This series is quite awesome and entertaining, another series in this season worth following. The manager, Kyouko Shirafuji, is a pretty cool and kick-ass character (kicking the "customer" who harassed the puny and cuty Popura Tanashima. Another funny character Mahiru Inami with her androphobia and her "FALCON PUNCH".

In general the characters in Working!! are quite likable. And the humor in this show is "straight to the point" and quick, I like that; it got that kind of humor in shows like Hyakko. I guess we will even get to see more interesting characters in later episodes, so this show can become more interesting than it's now.

Pretty looking forward to next week's episode.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:04   Link #148
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
"Even if the crazy chick shatters every bone in my face, I'll still work here because of my cute sempai!" I think I'm missing something here.
You may be missing the fact that he's an idiot and a compulsive "mini-con." Which makes him even more amusing and wonderful, lol.

As for the repeated hits, the repetition is part of this style of humor. It's funny to me, even though I'm hoping for them both to reform soon. Reminds me of the classic vaudeville skit "Slowly he Turned"
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 20:00   Link #149
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Humor is a funny thing - pun intended. What works for some just won't work for others. I enjoyed the Three Stooges (who did a hilarious rendition of "Slowly, I Turned" - but the punching gag is the one thing about this show that I dislike.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:26   Link #150
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Humor is a funny thing - pun intended. What works for some just won't work for others. I enjoyed the Three Stooges (who did a hilarious rendition of "Slowly, I Turned" - but the punching gag is the one thing about this show that I dislike.
I'm on the same boat with you. All things considered, Androphobia is a pretty serious phobia compared to something scary like spiders or something irregular like peaches. Something that happens because of trauma and is something that people see therapy/take medication for. I can buy with someone like Kyouko hiring her, it's just that...they really are going to have to give a reason to WHY this girl has Androphobia.

I find most of the characters enjoyable, with the exception of Inami and Yachiyo (She just lacks character all-around for judgement). I wish Souma and Satou would get more time since they sound like a fun duo. And cooking, even if it's typical like a family restaurant, is still essential to working at a restaurant. So wish we could get more on time on them than the waitresses. Poplar is fun and really cute, and even is Souta is creepy, I do find him funny because of how brutally honest he is. XD And it's not like romance is really a focus here

So I'll give it a few more episodes for it to start moving along...
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 23:04   Link #151
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Inami is loev.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 00:50   Link #152
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
I feel sorry for the main guy really somewhat getting beaten like a plup.

Poplar well shes like a klutz and her height makes her very adorable and cute.

Inami is so awesome she knows what to do when men come near her lulz

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 00:55   Link #153
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
Inami is loev.
ZOMG!!Today is the birthday of one of the greatest communist (and my 3rd favourite Premier) Nikita Khruschev!!

As such, please stand as the Poplar Liberation Army marches in celebration of the birth of this magnificent leader.

Think I might do one of those ronery cakes later for this great man. Actually, it's my friend's birthday so...double win!!

'WE WILL BURY YOU!!'- Poplars of the World
“I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.”- Khrushchev.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 01:07   Link #154
HandofFate

Don't really like Inami-san.
I know its just comedic relief, but don't like her violence
Old 2010-04-15, 07:17   Link #155
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Don't really like Inami-san.
I know its just comedic relief, but don't like her violence
Agreed, especially since he really doesn't do anything wrong. This is one of the reason I hate violent tsunderes like Naru Narusegawa or Louise from ZnT. At least unlike Keitaro's grin-and-bear-it attitude Takanashi is able to retaliate, at least verbally. Well, since it seems that Inami's starting to like Takanashi, hopefully as her feelings grow we don't have to see her hitting Takanashi that much anymore. Also, hope this will help develop her character than just being a boys-hitting androphobic as a single trait without any past reasons.

Well, next week seems to be Yachiyo's episode, so I assume there won't be as much hitting. I hope they will give more focus to the cooks as well, it seems like a waste of VA talent for them to have so little screen time...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 10:48   Link #156
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally at this point do like Inami's character. Obviously the violence is bad for Souta's health, but it's not like she's doing it because of rage and she's trying to work through it. Obviously she didn't feel as bad earlier in the episode since he was taunting her. A cute character who is trying to get past this problem that would hold her back moving forward. The situation can by put on Kyoko who is putting them on shifts together. Anyways the only way we're getting less hitting is if they delve into why she has this phobia and Souta is used to get her past it.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:26   Link #157
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

It's a comedy, and so I'm not really expecting any of the characters to be sympathetic in any way shape or form. And I don't, really (save Poplar). These people are clearly insane. I don't know enough about the Shift Chief or the Cooks to make determinations about them yet, but the people I know anything about (Boss, Souta, Inami) I wouldn't want to be friends with.

Inami's my least favorite, in fact.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:14   Link #158
klare

in real life i have seen cute mini girls, lazy managers, waitress carrying a weapon, but i never seen any girl that punch any man that come near her, especially as a waitress

so i feel the character of Inami is a bit forced

apart from that, the show is ok, but if it keeps showing Inami punching Takanashi multiple times in every eps, i may stop watching
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 13:50   Link #159
SkoolRumble4Ya

Funny episode, I love it when Inami knock out Katanashi.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 14:18   Link #160
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
"Even if the crazy chick shatters every bone in my face, I'll still work here because of my cute sempai!"

I think I'm missing something here.
Nope, there are people out there that put up with impossible situations just for silly things like that. Considering he doesn't actually have any remantic feelings for her, just his fetish for little and cute things.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen