AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-07-14, 21:27   Link #141
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I watched the prologue raw so I'm missing some context. But I'm picking up that society is against Gundams or some new tech they possess? But it definitely looks interesting thus far. Gonna need subs fast.
That is not the reason you're way off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I have to say, from the trailer, the animation looks phenomenal .

Also I think it's cool that Kana Ichinose gets to be the lead in a Mecha show this time around .
Ichigo finally wins in the end
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 07:30   Link #142
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post

Ichigo finally wins in the end

Well fill me in then.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 23:48   Link #143
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

More info on the mechs & merchandise for those not closely following Gundam news:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Old 2022-07-16, 18:53   Link #144
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So over on YouTube someone told me that in this setting, the effects of living in space are pretty harsh, like in real life. Cancer and musculature issues, etc. And so a new tech is made to help people that have been dealing with the effects of space life. Which in turn is adapted to MS technologies which allow pilots to use the funnel system.

But in such an advanced setting, you'd think the technology would exist to enhance human physiology to withstand that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 19:24   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Curing cancer & meddling with human physiology is considerably harder & more complex than making bionic arms & other body parts. Not even SEED tech had cure for cancer for Naturals or medicine to stop clones from dying faster. Unless society in this AS timeline support Coordinator-like program, the human body will always be at risk in space.
Old 2022-07-16, 20:08   Link #146
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So over on YouTube someone told me that in this setting, the effects of living in space are pretty harsh, like in real life. Cancer and musculature issues, etc. And so a new tech is made to help people that have been dealing with the effects of space life. Which in turn is adapted to MS technologies which allow pilots to use the funnel system.

But in such an advanced setting, you'd think the technology would exist to enhance human physiology to withstand that.
I suddenly remember Suisei no Gargantia, where

Spoiler for SERIOUS PLOT SPOILER:

But bioengineering on that scale appears to be far off this show's setting. Also, they technically are enhancing human physiology to withstand the rigors of space, they're just doing so using cybernetics and machines instead of genetic modification.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 08:58   Link #147
Router25
World Connector. I think

inb4 Nanomachines, Son.
Old 2022-07-18, 04:55   Link #148
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Some explanations about the techs in the Prologue:

YouTube
Old 2022-07-23, 18:19   Link #149
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
GN0010 isn't "way off" in the least. YOU'RE way off for saying that yourself.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 01:33   Link #150
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Watched the prologue subbed and definitely has me interested.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 03:14   Link #151
Kazu-kun

So the medical concerns were just an excuse. The council of space corporations just didn't want to let Earth get a superior weapon. That's why they attacked the lab and killed everyone.
Old 2022-07-26, 04:41   Link #152
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So the medical concerns were just an excuse. The council of space corporations just didn't want to let Earth get a superior weapon. That's why they attacked the lab and killed everyone.
Delling's intention of killing the Ochs Earth personnels & destroying their facility is obviously nefarious. But on the other hand, Ochs hands are not clean either. Vanadis developed the GUND-format to help human bodies adapt to space but Ochs bought Vanadis and made military-grade Suits out of the tech & it needs "human sacrifices". Developing, experimenting & using Gundams that harm & kill their pilots is definitely not a good look, especially if those early pilot-victims didn't know what they sign up for. Even if Cardo Nabo had good intentions with developing the Gundam Lfrith, such road was paved by a lot of victims.

Obviously, we need more context in order to get the bigger picture but, so far, both parties are already in different shades of gray.
Old 2022-07-26, 05:12   Link #153
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Obviously, we need more context in order to get the bigger picture but, so far, both parties are already in different shades of gray.
They're all weapons manufactures so of course no one is "good."

But between various morally-questionable parties, Dellin is clearly the greater bad. I mean, it's heavily implied that he knew Ochs was close to finishing the suit that wouldn't kill its pilot, and he deliberately attacked before they could get it out. Clearly what he cares about is not the human lives that were lost in the development of these machines. What he cares about is not letting Earth get an advantage.
Old 2022-07-26, 05:59   Link #154
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
But between various morally-questionable parties, Dellin is clearly the greater bad.
That much is obvious considering that the main series will follow a (most likely) grown-up Eri using a new name for herself. Delling has to be the big bad antagonist of the show.

The more interesting question is, with Delling being so anti-Gundam, why would he allow the Peil Technologies under his Beneritt Group to develop Gundam Pharact? Did the Peil people make it in secret?
Old 2022-07-26, 07:43   Link #155
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The more interesting question is, with Delling being so anti-Gundam, why would he allow the Peil Technologies under his Beneritt Group to develop Gundam Pharact? Did the Peil people make it in secret?
Because he's probably not really anti-Gundam. He's just anti-Earth. He's cool with the technology as long as it's on their hands.
Old 2022-07-26, 08:31   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Because he's probably not really anti-Gundam. He's just anti-Earth. He's cool with the technology as long as it's on their hands.
My concern is actually on the official side of things. It's safe to say that Delling will always chase more power behind the scenes.

The pressence of press seem to be pretty strong in this universe. If they really are (relatively) neutral, Delling need to cover up his Gundam project considering he said loud clear during the press conference that he is anti-Gundam and founded the Cathedral to eradicate them.
Old 2022-07-26, 15:55   Link #157
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The pressence of press seem to be pretty strong in this universe. If they really are (relatively) neutral, Delling need to cover up his Gundam project considering he said loud clear during the press conference that he is anti-Gundam and founded the Cathedral to eradicate them.
That's a good point. I doubt the existence of Gundam Pharact is a secret since Peil Technologies is part of the Beneritt Group (if I'm not mistaken). But yeah, there must be some kind of official excuse to justify it since Delling publicly declared rejection to all Gundams.

A possible explanation is that Gundam Pharact has the perfected system that doesn't hurt the pilot. If Delling's forces managed to stole the blueprints of Gundam Lfrith from Ochs' lab and the Beneritt Group finished the design, then Delling could claim credit for turning the Gund system into a viable weapon.
Old 2022-07-28, 01:03   Link #158
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's a good point. I doubt the existence of Gundam Pharact is a secret since Peil Technologies is part of the Beneritt Group (if I'm not mistaken). But yeah, there must be some kind of official excuse to justify it since Delling publicly declared rejection to all Gundams.

A possible explanation is that Gundam Pharact has the perfected system that doesn't hurt the pilot. If Delling's forces managed to stole the blueprints of Gundam Lfrith from Ochs' lab and the Beneritt Group finished the design, then Delling could claim credit for turning the Gund system into a viable weapon.
A politician making a name for himself by vehemently opposing something, only to later turn around and use that same thing to his benefit?

Sounds pretty realistic to me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-29, 18:39   Link #159
Tenzen12

While I obviously can see why would Delin want kill all involved, actually doing so feel unecessary and pretty hard to justify. If anything else he should at least set some false flag before storming in...
Old 2022-07-30, 10:01   Link #160
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
But bioengineering on that scale appears to be far off this show's setting. Also, they technically are enhancing human physiology to withstand the rigors of space, they're just doing so using cybernetics and machines instead of genetic modification.
Just for reference/comparison purposes, these sound like they were built upon the procedures associated with Star-Vipers...

Spoiler for Explanation:

Being familiar with the original Deus Ex - specifically, Anna and Gunther - I would wonder if said cybernetics include - unknown to the pilots - some form of kill switch and/or are vulnerable to external interference (i.e. EMP weaponry)...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote