AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Delta - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 29.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 20.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 20.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-09, 13:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Macross Delta - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Macross Delta, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic and use the Macross Delta - Anime Spoilers, Speculation & Theories thread for speculation and theories not related to the current episode.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 09:16   Link #2
ReddyRedWolf

Just as the populace of Windermere think the war is over it turns out it has begun. Roid declares war on the entire galaxy. With the Protoculture ruin network they can mind control the entire galaxy... Where have I heard that before? As propaganda he shows a VF-22 launching a MDE on Windermere's surface as proof of NUNS wrong doing. Even if the video is true I find that doubtful as the VF-22 is already at the hands of civilian racers, terrorists and pirates. Not to mention Carlisle is where the NUNS base was. Keith and Roid fought in that war.

The newly crowned Heinz sings bringing all the ruins out of Fold Space. Mikumo starts to have a memory of her past.

NUNS send a taskforce with Fold Jamming to face the threat. It protect them from Var however Keith boosted by his resonance with Heinz destroys the entire fleet by himself. Leaving only one survivor to be retrieved by Delta platoon.

This guy was a comrade of Arad. Recognizing Hayate he asks his name. He then questions Arad of his decision as he is Raito Imellman's son.

Speculation: Mikumo is one of the Anima Spiritia than sealed the Protodevln 500,000 years ago.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:03. Reason: removed spoiler tags
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 09:38   Link #3
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

So this episode pretty much just reinforces our theory that Hayate's dad had something to do with Windermere getting nuked. I do wonder though who gave that order and how that guy they rescued at the end knew. Arad already knew which was pretty clear since episode 10 when he said fate had bound hayate and the windermere together.

As for the new OP i'm not particularly crazy about it. The song is good but they re-used a lot of animation material from past episodes.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:03. Reason: removed spoiler tags
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 10:19   Link #4
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Roid declares war on the entire galaxy.

I think a few people called that one early on...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:04. Reason: removed spoiler tags
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 10:21   Link #5
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So Roid... doing what many of us predicted.

Anyway, Hayate's daddy is either a great hero or a great sinner. We'll see.

Hell, he might just be the guy who dropped the dimension package. Interestingly enough, Dimension bombs weren't available at the time.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:04. Reason: removed spoiler tags
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:04   Link #6
magnuskn

Oh, those poor Windermerans, how much they must fear for their precious home that they can only declare war on the entire galaxy in obvious self-defence. By the glorious method of mind-raping every sentient being in the galaxy.

Wait, where did that happen before? I think it had also something to do with "Galaxy"....
Old 2016-07-10, 11:28   Link #7
Gravitas Free Zone

Once you've had two series-long galaxy-wide mind-control conspiraces in a row, that plotline is played out.

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:34   Link #8
AkitoW013

I don't know how to think about this, maybe keikaku doori? my god, the windbags fall will be glorious!
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:37   Link #9
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
I don't know how to think about this, maybe keikaku doori? my god, the windbags fall will be glorious!
I still toy with the idea of dropping Zetradis onto the Wind planet and enjoy the schadenfreude.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:58   Link #10
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I still toy with the idea of dropping Zetradis onto the Wind planet and enjoy the schadenfreude.

- Tak
Can we get a Sharon Apple drop please?!!
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 12:43   Link #11
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Gotta admit I feel bad for Windermere now. Heinz becoming king would be more stressful. And Keith didn't even show any concern towards Heinz as his big brother, then Heinz tells him to fight for the wind from now on. The conversation they had was just...sad.

I sure hope they don't lose any more stuff now that they declared war to the entire galaxy. (Well thanks, Roid!)

Seeing Keith fight like that actually scares me, does this mean he just wants Heinz's song to get even stronger than before...? Seriously though he looks focused. But that alone is worrisome.

And that VF-22. Dropping the bomb and causing the dimensional fold. Who, pray tell, could be it's pilot.

Thousand Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 12:51   Link #12
AkitoW013

Now that I think about it, maybe those ruins network are an attempt to copy the vajra fold network, dammit Protoculture, as if their vajra boner wasn't enough.

Something tell me that this experiment has gone wrong in the past.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:15   Link #13
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, those poor Windermerans, how much they must fear for their precious home that they can only declare war on the entire galaxy in obvious self-defence. By the glorious method of mind-raping every sentient being in the galaxy.

Wait, where did that happen before? I think it had also something to do with "Galaxy"....
Did you watch the episode? Most of them, except the young and stupid ones (like Alto was in Frontier when he eagerly believed Leon's lies and fought for them) weren't happy with the announcement (Cassim, Herman and Keith were surprised or displeased in the beginning). To most of them, the war ended and then this happened. It does confirm that a NUNS VF dropped Dimensional Weapons in Windermere and wasn't something Windermere did.

I still think Roid, Shifty NUNS Guy and Stereotypical Evil Middle East bad Guy are all plotting this together. Doesn't help that Epsilon guy is right next to Roid while he watches Heinz sing from a distance. I don't think I believe Roid that prolonging the war was Gramia's will. They are all testing the var-mind control protoculture thing for different reasons and making Heinz go to war again is the only way to see the widespread effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
So they'll have more official Protoculture cannon fodder for Heinz to control as puppets? That's pretty bad idea.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:19   Link #14
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The mind control plot element is a bit overused. It also appears the show really tries to give us valid reasons for aggressors conquest and to make viewers feel sorry for them. Ambiguous morality can easily be written into having our current aggressors allying themselves with Delta Squadron to defeat the real enemy, uncovering the real scheme.

Anyways, 15th episode and we finally learn something about Hayate. Hm, on the other hand, it's more of a promise to learn something about him in the 16th episode. That's...slow, really, really slow. I don't think this kind of pacing of character development is what this show needs. For me, it makes the character really uninteresting and hard to associate feeling with.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:05. Reason: removed spoiler tags
Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:26   Link #15
magnuskn

Maybe I need to repeat this again: Warcrimes you comitted don't magically go away because you were duped into them.
Old 2016-07-10, 14:33   Link #16
Thess

Quote:
Maybe I need to repeat this again: Warcrimes you comitted don't magically go away because you were duped into them.
Spoiler for frontier show and movies spoiler:

You seem very selective about war crimes and crimes in general, me thinks (I'm not saying they should be arrested, I'm saying that Kawamori sometimes handwaves this. See Apollonius in Aquarion saga as example).

Anyway, the opening is mostly series stock footage. Not that shocking because it's Kawamori... What shocked me that the last shot wasn't even the triangle. It was Walkure.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:35   Link #17
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
True that. Hope writers are aware of that as well.

Anyways, most of the time some plot aspects of this kind are omited in favour of more appealing ones.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:40   Link #18
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
You seem very selective about war crimes and crimes in general, me thinks (I'm not saying they should be arrested, I'm saying that Kawamori sometimes handwaves this. See Apollonius in Aquarion Evol too).
Spoiler for Comparison to Macross Frontier:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:22. Reason: added spoiler tags
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:44   Link #19
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It does confirm that a NUNS VF dropped Dimensional Weapons in Windermere and wasn't something Windermere did.
I somehow doubts that the NUNS dropped a dimensional weapons on their own military base so they could lose the war they had against Windermere and leave the planet along...because that's what happened.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:44   Link #20
magnuskn

@Thess:

Spoiler for Comparison to Macross Frontier:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-07-11 at 18:06. Reason: Added spoiler tags
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote