AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-07, 10:32   Link #41
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I thought 00 teleportation was okay. I never thought it was out of place given the Twin Drive and the versatility of GN Particles. GN Particles already have the ability to generate negative mass effect, which I thought was a pretty nice fun sci-fi ability. This is especially since I knew Mass Effect played with it well with their codex which I was playing at around the same time 00 started.

I'm personally not liking how everything is so grounded. I don't mind it on the Graze and Mobile Workers so much but it's the Barbatos that bothers me especially given how powerful they are supposed to be. I understand that it fits the circumstance, it just bothers me for some reason tha. I think it's he lack of a basic rifle that bothers me even if I know it's going to get that cannon.

Still I like it when beam weapons become these big new disruptive thing against conventional weapons. So if Barbatos or one of the other Gundams starts using beam weapons and killing other things, I would be fine with that.

But I always judge things on a case by case basis so who knows. I mean I didn't like........whatever it is that happened on the final battle in Unicorn.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-10-07 at 11:04.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 20:19   Link #42
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I thought 00 teleportation was okay. I never thought it was out of place given the Twin Drive and the versatility of GN Particles. GN Particles already have the ability to generate negative mass effect, which I thought was a pretty nice fun sci-fi ability. This is especially since I knew Mass Effect played with it well with their codex which I was playing at around the same time 00 started.

I'm personally not liking how everything is so grounded. I don't mind it on the Graze and Mobile Workers so much but it's the Barbatos that bothers me especially given how powerful they are supposed to be. I understand that it fits the circumstance, it just bothers me for some reason tha. I think it's he lack of a basic rifle that bothers me even if I know it's going to get that cannon.

Still I like it when beam weapons become these big new disruptive thing against conventional weapons. So if Barbatos or one of the other Gundams starts using beam weapons and killing other things, I would be fine with that.

But I always judge things on a case by case basis so who knows. I mean I didn't like........whatever it is that happened on the final battle in Unicorn.
U mean that time trip thingy Banagher and FF went on? IMO it was fine (like if the Nu alone with a psychoframe cockpit was able to move Axis, then the Unicorn + The Neo Zeong going on a time trip seems rather plausible) aside from the fact that it cut the final fight off from an epic conclusion

I have a feeling the Gundams "power" is going to be more attributed to the fact that they possess two reactors, rather than their overall combat potential (which is probably still higher than normal). Maybe setting them both off together have enough power to wipe out a continent or something
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 23:12   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The time travel bit was all in their heads anyway, reflected through the cameras of their mobile suits. They didn't actually go anywhere.
Old 2015-10-07, 23:18   Link #44
Chibiloli

I'm wondering how does the Graze get its rifle to fire since its solid based, I don't see any triggers on the handle.
Old 2015-10-07, 23:44   Link #45
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I'm wondering how does the Graze get its rifle to fire since its solid based, I don't see any triggers on the handle.
Perhaps a plug/sensor in the hand/handle? Assuming of course, and also under the assumption its not an animation error (I should probably take another look at the gunpla)

It eliminates an additional step in the process (pilot>cockpit trigger>MS executing command>X-trigger on actual gun being pulled-X>firing) an makes it so theres less external things to worry about (could also serve a function of weapon ID usage)
Old 2015-10-08, 02:05   Link #46
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Technically speaking, it is more of a large cannon than an actual personal rifle used by real humans where trigger is important to enable firing. So you don't necessrily need the hand to actually pull the trigger if it was designed that way.
Old 2015-10-08, 18:02   Link #47
Rainforce
Banned

Option Set 1 Box info:
-CGS Mobile Worker: overall height: 3.5m, dry weight: 2.2t. It was being used for combat duty in CGS. Apart from combat, it has been used too in routine moving and materials transport.
-Schwalbe Graze Use Lance: anti-MS, anti-battleship specification armament with Nano Laminated Armor point penetration objective.
-Barbatos Use Smooth-bore Gun: Large Caliber Rifle produced considering use mainly in zero gravity space, emphasis was placed on power rather than accuracy. It can be equipped to back folded up.
-Graze Use Shield: heat-resisting specification shield that has been developed for the Graze's use. Nano Laminated Armor has been applied, extremely sturdy.

Graze Manual:
-Commander Type model number: EB-06s. Overall height: 17.8m, dry weight:30.2t
-Graze Standard/Commander Type: Gjallahorn's current mainline MP MS deployed in the Earth Sphere and outer space. MS development's keystone, the Ahab Reactor production, has become a monopolized technology by Gjallahorn; the Graze which has been developed in recent years is also state-of-the-art. Because of its general purpose nature the frame construction was precisely planned, by performing exchanges in armaments and armor it takes a structure that can adapt to various environments. In order to development to reach as far many same type trial machines were assembled. The Schwalbe Graze, which achieved higher output and mobility, is a same frame sister machine. From the Graze's versatility pursuit viewpoint even more improvements can be added by multifarious armament variation implementation. To raise stability, low cost was aimed for the operation aspect. It's an easy to handle machine for pilots as well as mechanics, inside Gjallahorn many have voiced their praises for the machine's performance so a negative view on a next version mainline machine development has come up.
-Soldiers of Gjallahorn: they lost because they didn't expect to face a MS in the CGS base attack since under the current Gjallahorn control it's rare for a pilot to have experience on anti-MS warfare, it was the 1st time Ein faced one.
-Battle Axe: because MS are protected by Nano Laminated Armor direct blows are considered to be extremely effective regarding battle between MS. The Battle Axe is an equipment assuming MS battle.
-Rifle: Graze's standard shooting armament. High accuracy, high utility value as the mainline weapon in the role of support armament.
-Standard Machine/Commander Machine: 1 Commander Machine and 2 Standard Machines, 3 units total composition which is the smallest unit, Gjallahorn's Mobile Suit Corps. The Commander Machine can preserve the chain of command even under the influence of Ahab Waves since it has a communication range corresponding to twice the Standard machine.
-Environmental activity: For the Graze, in order to cope with every kind of environment, many retrofit parts exist. To ensure mobility under gravity the armor equipment was made light weight. High movement speed in space because of Booster Unit implementation. In relation to armament too, all-purpose machine without regard to distance and support.

These IBO manuals are worded very weirdly but I think I got the meaning right.

Schwable Graze next week

**EDIT: info from the newest CGS site entry:
-A picture of a Gundam is mentioned, not Barbatos
-Barbatos was used as generator because it had no cockpit
-The Gundam Frame appeared in the last stage of the Calamity War

Last edited by Rainforce; 2015-10-08 at 18:37.
Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 19:40   Link #48
Skye629

And of course the greem grunt suit had to have the -06 model number with a (s) at the end for the commander types
Old 2015-10-09, 01:15   Link #49
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2015-10-09, 01:26   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I gotta say, Graze's head when it lets out its sensor "eyeball" looks like EVA-05 Mass Production' head with the creepy mouth

Oh, and I see Kimaris has Wing Zero-ish open-legs. It's not transformable, isn't it?
Old 2015-10-09, 01:38   Link #51
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

That's a lot of additional weight as well as armour on those leg boosters. The leg itself seems pretty thin too.

Ghah, good to be back, first post in ages

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 07:53   Link #52
Chibiloli

Wait, what do you mean Barbatos has no cockpit? How did Mika get it into battle then?
Old 2015-10-09, 09:02   Link #53
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Wait, what do you mean Barbatos has no cockpit? How did Mika get it into battle then?
Could be referring to when CGS first found it. Or could also be that the Tekkadan or Orga installed it shortly before the event because Orga and Mika looked like this was very well planned.
Old 2015-10-09, 15:47   Link #54
bigdeath

Apparently, the reason Melee weapons like giant maces are being used is because the armor of mobile suits is pretty effective vs ranged wepaons.

As for why a 300 year old mobile suit is still effective, the gundams are kind of like the tallgeese from wing. It has power that exceeds safety limits, putting a lot of strain on said pilot. The moible suits Galihorn has are mass production suits that are naturally going to be weaker than the gundam.

That said, the Barbatos lacks all its original armaments, its been used as a reactor since it carries two ahub reactors (apparently rare and complicated to combine two of these reactors and make it stable). Hence, we shall see our heroes scavenging equipment off of defeated enemies.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 18:10   Link #55
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Spoiler for images:
if only the Graze's eyeball was also a weapon that can shoot lasers or something but nope its just an up scaled version of the Knightmare Frame Factsphere-type sensor, also notice it is also capable of showing emotion with its animated 'iris'.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 18:46   Link #56
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Apparently, the reason Melee weapons like giant maces are being used is because the armor of mobile suits is pretty effective vs ranged wepaons.

As for why a 300 year old mobile suit is still effective, the gundams are kind of like the tallgeese from wing. It has power that exceeds safety limits, putting a lot of strain on said pilot. The moible suits Galihorn has are mass production suits that are naturally going to be weaker than the gundam.

That said, the Barbatos lacks all its original armaments, its been used as a reactor since it carries two ahub reactors (apparently rare and complicated to combine two of these reactors and make it stable). Hence, we shall see our heroes scavenging equipment off of defeated enemies.
Sounds quite appealing to me. I guess it's not so much that they can't build new Gundams but that without a compelling reason (ie large scale war) it's just not economically justifiable, particularly with the economy being bad.

If ranged weapons aren't very effective against that armour then melee is going to decide most battles, so I can see the rationale for creating a high speed high agility mobile suit even if it puts a big strain on the pilot.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 19:23   Link #57
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Sounds quite appealing to me. I guess it's not so much that they can't build new Gundams but that without a compelling reason (ie large scale war) it's just not economically justifiable, particularly with the economy being bad.
At this point, it's hard to tell even whether they even have the specific technology needed. The Gundams in IBO may very well use something something similar to the Twin Drive System from 00, which is a special system designed to link and get a higher output from the reactors (more than just putting two reactors together). One would need the engineering specifications of that as well.

We're still not entirely sure which factions have or had a possession of Gundams at the moment as Kimaris and Gusion are both listed as "Unknown". Since the Gundams are quite rare it's possible that the special reactor link technology was also lost.
Old 2015-10-09, 20:02   Link #58
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so who else want to speculate that all the suits used in the present day happens to be based off several of the 72 Gundams' designs hence why the parts were reverse compatible with them in the first place, all the grunts were basically the GM's of this universe.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 00:57   Link #59
The 48th Ronin

Any new info about Ahab Reactors and all the tech around it?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 01:41   Link #60
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
so who else want to speculate that all the suits used in the present day happens to be based off several of the 72 Gundams' designs hence why the parts were reverse compatible with them in the first place, all the grunts were basically the GM's of this universe.
I'm reading up the CGS in-universe website and I think the second most recent entry says something like that. It's pretty hard to understand though since well I suck. Not really done with it since I'm slow and there's quite a bit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Any new info about Ahab Reactors and all the tech around it?
Aside from the ones on Barbatos' HG manual, not much. All we know is that it's generated when a phase transition occurs inside a vacuum. And we know the particles and reduce the effects of inertia on the pilot, which is why in the Barbatos they are placed directly behind the cockpit. And of course they can block communications like Minovski Particles and GN Particles.

If anyone's interested, I've made a technology article on Wikia and place all the general tech we know so far. I've cited all the info primary sources with links to the original translation and stuff and will be updating it as we get new stuff.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Post_Disaster_Technology