AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-16, 20:52   Link #3241
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan View Post
lucidrago@ Ross was a bishop in this match not a rook
He was refering to Roygun who was registered as a rook not rose
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 00:07   Link #3242
aw454wtr

Also is Issei pseudo dxd 88 mins? it seemed like the 88min is just the delay until Ddraig gets summoned, as even after the count hit 0 Issei was still in DXD form and able to use infinity blaster
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 00:17   Link #3243
Lucidrago

The form lasts for 88 minutes. That was on his left gauntlet.

But on his right gauntlet was a separate counter that started from 8 and continuously went down until it reached 0. And when it reached 0, Ddraig could be summoned.

They are two separate things. The 88 on his left gauntlet represents how many minutes his Pseudo DxD lasts for. While the 8 on his right gauntlet is a countdown for when Ddraig can be summoned when the countdown is complete. I have no idea what measurement of time is used for the 8 on the right gauntlet.

@fan Yeah I forgot that Rossweisse was registered as a bishop for the match so I hurried up and changed it to Roygun.

@aw454wtr And don't double-post.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 00:38   Link #3244
IDevK11

@sbh1fr Volume 22 Quote. look it stated that Pseudo TL is 3 Minutes. It's quote after he destroyed field.

Now then, I’ll go over our strategy. Although my Pseudo-Dragon Deification can utilise an incredible amount of power, it has a time limit. I can maintain the transformation for three minutes, but if I convert that to perform attacks or switch to defence, then the transformation time limit will be reduced. A cannon blast at maximum firepower — if I use ∞ Blaster, the time limit will be reduced even further. From the moment that the bombardment began, a ten second countdown also began, and once it reached zero, Pseudo-Dragon Deification was forcibly lifted. There is also a crucial problem after the transformation is undone.

Last edited by IDevK11; 2018-10-17 at 00:48. Reason: It doesn't hit 00 Ddraig comes after 8 from 88 reverse countdown. 8 Is Ophis and 0 Is Great Red. When they came together Ddra
IDevK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 03:33   Link #3245
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDevK11 View Post
@sbh1fr Volume 22 Quote. look it stated that Pseudo TL is 3 Minutes. It's quote after he destroyed field.

Now then, I’ll go over our strategy. Although my Pseudo-Dragon Deification can utilise an incredible amount of power, it has a time limit. I can maintain the transformation for three minutes, but if I convert that to perform attacks or switch to defence, then the transformation time limit will be reduced. A cannon blast at maximum firepower — if I use ∞ Blaster, the time limit will be reduced even further. From the moment that the bombardment began, a ten second countdown also began, and once it reached zero, Pseudo-Dragon Deification was forcibly lifted. There is also a crucial problem after the transformation is undone.
So what do you mean, you say ishibumi changed his mind ??
In volume 25 it clearely say he was able to use it for 10 seconds before the amrita.
So the 3min mentioned in volume 22 is irrelevant, specially since its an estimation about idle use. Also number 3 never appeared on his guntlet, only counter 10 appeared in vol 22.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 04:13   Link #3246
IDevK11

BC he never used Pseudo other than to destroy Fields before he drank Amrita. BC it puts his body lot of burden.

Rishi forgets lots of thing's, this is one of them. But it's fact he himself clearly said before 3 Minutes TL.
IDevK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 07:27   Link #3247
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDevK11 View Post
BC he never used Pseudo other than to destroy Fields before he drank Amrita. BC it puts his body lot of burden.

Rishi forgets lots of thing's, this is one of them. But it's fact he himself clearly said before 3 Minutes TL.
So the only way to reconcile these 2 statement from ishibumi is that the 88 minute counter is actually an evolution to the 10 sec counter from before.
So maybe the 3minutes from before is much longer than 88 minutes now
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 11:52   Link #3248
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Volume 25 is now fully translated.
Old 2018-10-22, 12:08   Link #3249
syzorst
syzorst

Anyone find it funny when the announcers complimenting the teams that made it to the main tournament, Rias team was mainly praised because of Crom and Strada but ignore the others.

Basically saying "Rias team is amazing only because Crom and Strada is there".
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 12:44   Link #3250
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Anyone find it funny when the announcers complimenting the teams that made it to the main tournament, Rias team was mainly praised because of Crom and Strada but ignore the others.

Basically saying "Rias team is amazing only because Crom and Strada is there".
Huh? The announcers basically said that them being strong was a given and that the two joining was the only surprising thing. Meaning they were basically.considered a shoo-in from the start.

It even says Rias drastically changed her evaluation in the eyes of others because of how strong they were, completely separate from the [Scout] thing.
Old 2018-10-22, 13:15   Link #3251
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Huh? The announcers basically said that them being strong was a given and that the two joining was the only surprising thing. Meaning they were basically.considered a shoo-in from the start.

It even says Rias drastically changed her evaluation in the eyes of others because of how strong they were, completely separate from the [Scout] thing.
What do you mean separate from the Scout thing?
Old 2018-10-22, 13:28   Link #3252
XFire
150% done

Quote:
What do you mean separate from the Scout thing?
Her ability to bring them into her team was covered under [Scout] as far as her evaluation went (no idea why this hasn't shown up before but whatever)
Old 2018-10-22, 13:45   Link #3253
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Her ability to bring them into her team was covered under [Scout] as far as her evaluation went (no idea why this hasn't shown up before but whatever)
I get that but it just seems weird because Crom and Strada didn't get her team to the main tournament. Strada only fought in one match (which they lost) and Crom didn't participate in most of them. So I find it strange they talk more about them than Rias herself.
Old 2018-10-22, 14:06   Link #3254
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I get that but it just seems weird because Crom and Strada didn't get her team to the main tournament. Strada only fought in one match (which they lost) and Crom didn't participate in most of them. So I find it strange they talk more about them than Rias herself.
Again, it was more that everyone already knew they were strong. The other teams who had well known members basically did the same thing, "AYLMAO these people who beat up super terrorists are strong, whoddathunk"

Strada and Crom got special mention because they caught everyone off guard.
Old 2018-10-22, 14:30   Link #3255
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Again, it was more that everyone already knew they were strong. The other teams who had well known members basically did the same thing, "AYLMAO these people who beat up super terrorists are strong, whoddathunk"

Strada and Crom got special mention because they caught everyone off guard.
So basically, the praise is coming from the fact Crom and Strada is on Rias team. She's getting praised for recruiting them rather than her performance in the preliminaries.
Old 2018-10-22, 14:32   Link #3256
XFire
150% done

Quote:
So basically, the praise is coming from the fact Crom and Strada is on Rias team. She's getting praised for recruiting them rather than her performance in the preliminaries.
No, she was specifically being praised for how her team performed outside of those two, and then her recruiting them was also mentioned.
Old 2018-10-22, 14:35   Link #3257
Blazor 98

I think I see where you're coming from. The announcers praised Typhon, Mahabali's team by their performance in the preliminaries. Despite they lost, they still did incredibly well. Issei's Team was praised because he defeated Typhon's team, who was a favorite and they even praised their tactics and had many wins despite not having a good start.

But for Rias, she only gets praised by the fact that Crom and Strada is on her team rather than her actual performance in the preliminaries despite she basically got to the main tournament without Crom and Strada.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 14:43   Link #3258
TommyG

It's probably just the shock factor, Typhon and Mahabali winning the bulk of their matches was to be expected, Issei beating Typhon was a surprise Rias didn't have any major upsets in the tournament except for enlisting Crom and Strada
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 16:05   Link #3259
Lucidrago

Even though Rias' team lost to Vali's, the display of Crom's and Strada's overwhelming power still shook everyone as they took on or even overwhelmed the monsters that make up the Vali Team.

As if Rias' team weren't monsters already, she had to add the most powerful Evil Dragon and the strongest human(or one of them). Basically two brings who have immense power that throw common sense out the window.

I know Ishibumi has been busy trying to put a lot of things in the beginning of the final arc, writing DX3 and DX4, and doing Slash Dog, but he could have at least had Shiva appear once after Volume 22.

Also the lack of detail or follow up for certain characters is kind of annoying me. I kind of understand why he's doing it from the Afterword but still annoying nonetheless.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 16:08   Link #3260
TommyG

Are the rest of Rias' team really monsters when you consider gods and heavenly dragons are fighting in this tournament? There talented sure but monsters is kinda pushing it.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote