Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-25, 04:24   Link #41
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Sorry you're having problems as well though it is reassuring that the problem isn't just limited to me. I have other problems with Funi; for instance, subtitles on the Roku client lose sync. Chromecast from my phone's Funi client or direct via the PC connected to my TV can usually solve this. Still it's annoying because the Roku is so convenient in comparison.
It's thankfully working now, and I've finally had a chance to watch all 3 episodes.
Old 2021-01-25, 11:18   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well this episode had an unexpected event! Not too surprised our boy recovered so quickly.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 17:46   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ah yes, the El Clasico of every school playground in the world: the righteous heroic boys vs the despicable conniving girls. BOYS WIN.

I'm not entirely sure what Inugami achieved doing what he did. He clearly seemed to know exactly what was going to happen and yet he clearly arranged for it happen as well. It doesn't seem like he got anything out of it other than giving that woman a giant middle finger. It's not that I don't understand the appeal of a pointlessly elaborate middle finger but I get the feeling there's supposed to be more to it than that. Unless getting fox girl was his aim but that seemed pretty circumstantial.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 21:29   Link #44
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Ah yes, the El Clasico of every school playground in the world: the righteous heroic boys vs the despicable conniving girls. BOYS WIN.
Except that the opening at least seems to strongly suggest that the only girl (as in not woman) will become one of "the boys".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 22:05   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The mangaka (who is a woman, BTW) doesn't remotely come off as a misogynist to me. I never thought the nature of this fight was supposed to break down on gender lines - it just so happens that Inari and Inugami are natural enemies, as it were.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 22:09   Link #46
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure what Inugami achieved doing what he did. He clearly seemed to know exactly what was going to happen and yet he clearly arranged for it happen as well. It doesn't seem like he got anything out of it other than giving that woman a giant middle finger. It's not that I don't understand the appeal of a pointlessly elaborate middle finger but I get the feeling there's supposed to be more to it than that.
He knew it was only a matter of time before Inari made a move, so he got it over with in a way that let him control as many of the circumstances as he could.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 03:01   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The mangaka (who is a woman, BTW) doesn't remotely come off as a misogynist to me. I never thought the nature of this fight was supposed to break down on gender lines - it just so happens that Inari and Inugami are natural enemies, as it were.
Wait, wait, wait just a second here. I'm not sure where misogyny came from but that definitely wasn't what I was trying to say. What I was saying was that the writer basically nailed the imagination of a kids take on those classic match ups. I found it charming: I felt like a boy all over again.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 04:41   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait just a second here. I'm not sure where misogyny came from but that definitely wasn't what I was trying to say. What I was saying was that the writer basically nailed the imagination of a kids take on those classic match ups. I found it charming: I felt like a boy all over again.
Sorry, that wasn't how it read to me - my mistake.
Old 2021-02-01, 14:54   Link #49
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Kon really isn't too bright. But I'm still looking forward to the developments that seem to be hinted at in the opening. And judging by the OP, something tells me the first case wasn't really representative of the standard of the show. Not that I'd mind a series where a lot of the cases were fairly simple like getting a Nekomata who turns men into abominations that collect food for her to switch to becoming her secret admirer's house pet.
Old 2021-02-01, 16:35   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kon is definitely not the brightest bulb in the lamp, but she's honest as sin.
Old 2021-02-07, 15:16   Link #51
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Now getting into more action-oriented missions, quite fun. Kind of beneficial that Kabane didn't get to find out his own strength or the reason for Mihai's, it'll help him to grow thinking that Mihai is just average strength for adult kemono and he can't do jack against him unless he improves, rather than realizing that vampire muscles are unnaturally powerful and even so he managed to break the jerk's wrist.

And yeah, I really love Kon. She's absolutely adorable and makes a great pair with Kabane.
Old 2021-02-07, 15:18   Link #52
Blaat

The latest episode introduces a new definition of sucking head.
Old 2021-02-07, 22:46   Link #53
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Now getting into more action-oriented missions, quite fun. Kind of beneficial that Kabane didn't get to find out his own strength or the reason for Mihai's, it'll help him to grow thinking that Mihai is just average strength for adult kemono and he can't do jack against him unless he improves, rather than realizing that vampire muscles are unnaturally powerful and even so he managed to break the jerk's wrist.

And yeah, I really love Kon. She's absolutely adorable and makes a great pair with Kabane.
The wrist thing does not make much sense. We never even see the vamp's wrist flex when he took him down so how did it break? Crushed fingers or torn muscles and tendons in his arm would seem more likely.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-08, 00:07   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
OMG that Kon moment was so absolutely precious ! Doubly adorable how Kabane stayed with her even after she calmed down. Their unusual behaviors as kids makes their interactions so much more endearing too. I wasn't looking for any pairings just yet, as I just think Kabane is just the coolest, but the emotional support he gave here made me a fan of those two as a pair(not romantically; e.g. gon/killua, though not against it if it becomes romantic by any means).

Oh there was some other stuff that happened in this episode too, but... can't remember too much because the Kon part.... OH! The guy getting his brains pierced and eaten was a bit stomach-churning. You knew something was going to happen to him, but the abruptness of it kinda surprised me.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 01:13   Link #55
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Forgot to ask, and I haven’t seen it anywhere: just how many episodes is this series going to get?
Old 2021-02-11, 02:20   Link #56
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

12 - for now. But the manga seems to be getting a nice kicker, and the streaming numbers have been very good. A sequel certainly isn't out of the question.
Old 2021-02-14, 12:01   Link #57
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pretty good fight for Kabane's first activation. My favorite though was Kon. She seems a bit more puppy than fox, waiting for days and days for him to get back. Manga had a slightly heavier impact though: when Kabane admitted to forgetting about his promise her eyes went dead from the shock. Either way, dude really screwed up there.
Old 2021-02-15, 05:57   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If this is one and done, they certainly aren't rushing. They're at 9.5 chapters in 6 episodes.

The adaptation is pretty much nailing it so far. Extremely faithful and very effective.
Old 2021-02-20, 21:47   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

I kinda liked the evil mosquitos, reminds me of villains from some old ovas.
Old 2021-02-21, 10:07   Link #60
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The other day I wrote on MAL that Horimiya might be my favorite show of the season, and then we get this week's little masterpiece. I'm often not a fan of stories about megalomaniacs because they can feel trite,* but Kemono Jihen makes this story real and powerful. (At least as real as a story about kemono can be.) I don't know what fate has in store for the uncle, but a clean execution seems rather unlikely.

*That meme kept me from giving Noein a ten score.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote