AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-07-22, 20:01   Link #19621
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Speaking of Beast, whatever happened the “swords” that the girls took from her?
It was a temporary thing - they went back to Beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Nope, the only Inverses we’ve seen are Tohka and Origami in the main story, White Queen from DAB is Kurumi’s Inverse, Nia almost went Inverse in volume 13, and we have Yoshino’s Inverse art from Tsunako Spirit Conserves.
Mostly correct. Nia did fully Invert, we just didn’t get an image of it. Kaguya and Yuzuru also Inverted in V16, and Mukuro entered her Inverse Form and gained her Inverse Astral Dress and Demon King in V15, but was brought back at the last second.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2021-07-23 at 05:42.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 15:01   Link #19622
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Mostly correct. Nia did fully Invert, we just didn’t get an image of it. Kaguya and Yuzuru also Inverted in V16, and Mukuro entered her Inverse Form and gained her Inverse Astral Dress and Demon King in V15, but was brought back at the last second.
We should have gotten full illustrations of all those inversions by Tsunako. Pity we didn't.

In other DAL news, Bfull FOTS Japan has posted up more photos of their Inverse Origami figure, and reservations for that figure have already opened. Sadly the original fanservicey illustration by Tsunako could not be fully adapted to figure form due to age ratings.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 16:15   Link #19623
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
In other DAL news, Bfull FOTS Japan has posted up more photos of their Inverse Origami figure, and reservations for that figure have already opened. Sadly the original fanservicey illustration by Tsunako could not be fully adapted to figure form due to age ratings.
It’s actually just a re-release if Pulchra’s figure, as I believe Pulchra became part of Bfull some time back.

It’s still an awesome figure (I got Pulchra’s back then and this looks to be the exact same), great quality despite what people say about Pulchra’s quality check.
Old 2021-08-01, 21:38   Link #19624
Mazryonh

Quote:
It’s still an awesome figure (I got Pulchra’s back then and this looks to be the exact same), great quality despite what people say about Pulchra’s quality check.
Awesome? Sure, if you don't mind the censorship of the original artwork. Then again, that would have necessitated it being an 18+ figure anyway.
Old 2021-08-02, 04:14   Link #19625
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Awesome? Sure, if you don't mind the censorship of the original artwork. Then again, that would have necessitated it being an 18+ figure anyway.
It was obvious it would never be uncensored ever since Pulchra first announced it. DAL isn’t 18+ and never will be, and the only way to keep a figure of that illustration not-18+ was to cover what would be the nude parts.
Old 2021-08-03, 19:19   Link #19626
Mazryonh

Quote:
It was obvious it would never be uncensored ever since Pulchra first announced it. DAL isn’t 18+ and never will be, and the only way to keep a figure of that illustration not-18+ was to cover what would be the nude parts.
Then I'm confused as to why Kadokawa (apparently) never told Tsunako to tone down the nudity she put into various DAL novel illustrations (that eventually became figures). She seemed to like pushing the boundaries of what she could get away with, such as the virtually-nude colour illustration of Kurumi in Vol. 16 that became the "After Date Story" figure I posted a link to earlier.

I mean, Tsunako may think that "revealing clothing designs" or even outright nudity for her female characters is cute, but there's what you like as an artist and what will piss off an LN's publisher.
Old 2021-08-03, 22:43   Link #19627
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

There was no need to censor the original illustrations because as risqué as they were, there was no nudity. When they made their deal with Pulchra at a later date, they decided to alter the figure to cover the nudity because obviously with a figure, you can flip it around to see parts you can’t in the illustration.

Clearly Kadokawa and Tachibana weren’t pissed off or anything about the revealing nature of Tsunako’s art. They just didn’t want to make it full nudity in the figures for whatever specific reason. I can’t help but feel you’re making this a bigger deal than it is.
Old 2021-08-04, 10:06   Link #19628
Mazryonh

Quote:
There was no need to censor the original illustrations because as risqué as they were, there was no nudity.
I thought "nudity" in this case meant "excessive amounts of bare skin caused by lack of clothing." Are you using another definition? Does "no nudity" to you mean "no exposed nipples or genitalia," such as the Kurumi colour illustration in Vol. 16 which pretty much exposes everything else from the front?

Quote:
When they made their deal with Pulchra at a later date, they decided to alter the figure to cover the nudity because obviously with a figure, you can flip it around to see parts you can’t in the illustration.
It still counts as altering or otherwise not fully adapting the original illustration in my book. Yes, I'm aware the series has an all-ages age rating unlike, say figures from Highschool DxD which can have cast-off features.

Quote:
Clearly Kadokawa and Tachibana weren’t pissed off or anything about the revealing nature of Tsunako’s art. They just didn’t want to make it full nudity in the figures for whatever specific reason. I can’t help but feel you’re making this a bigger deal than it is.
I just find it odd that an LN series with little in the way of ecchi shenanigans gets so much risqué official art, compared with LN series like Shinmai Maou no Testament which still have to toe the line for censored official art but feature explicit scenes in the text. I mean, Highschool DxD regularly released figures with cast-off features, and I don't think that hurt the sales numbers.

In other DAL news, Marina Inoue (the Japanese voice actress for Tohka) reacted to the upcoming Pulchra release of Inverse Tohka whose original illustration involved Inverse Tohka being topless, but which was covered up in the actual figure.
Old 2021-08-04, 14:50   Link #19629
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Look, if Tachibana/Tsunako/Kadokawa/Pulchra/whoever don’t want to go all the way with these figures, that’s their call. It certainly doesn’t look like they sold badly since they’re being re-released the same way. Maybe there’s red tape (in fact, there probably is) involved in making figures all-out 18+, I don’t know, but it’s their choice and you’re making way too big a deal out of it.
Old 2021-08-04, 16:32   Link #19630
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
I thought "nudity" in this case meant "excessive amounts of bare skin caused by lack of clothing." Are you using another definition? Does "no nudity" to you mean "no exposed nipples or genitalia," such as the Kurumi colour illustration in Vol. 16 which pretty much exposes everything else from the front?

It still counts as altering or otherwise not fully adapting the original illustration in my book. Yes, I'm aware the series has an all-ages age rating unlike, say figures from Highschool DxD which can have cast-off features.

I just find it odd that an LN series with little in the way of ecchi shenanigans gets so much risqué official art, compared with LN series like Shinmai Maou no Testament which still have to toe the line for censored official art but feature explicit scenes in the text. I mean, Highschool DxD regularly released figures with cast-off features, and I don't think that hurt the sales numbers.

In other DAL news, Marina Inoue (the Japanese voice actress for Tohka) reacted to the upcoming Pulchra release of Inverse Tohka whose original illustration involved Inverse Tohka being topless, but which was covered up in the actual figure.
Preferably I'd like to see risqué figures of Kurumi as her design is my #1 favourite of Date A Live. About DxD figures, there needs to be ones of the other popular characters like Issei.
Old 2021-08-05, 15:17   Link #19631
Mazryonh

Quote:
Look, if Tachibana/Tsunako/Kadokawa/Pulchra/whoever don’t want to go all the way with these figures, that’s their call. It certainly doesn’t look like they sold badly since they’re being re-released the same way. Maybe there’s red tape (in fact, there probably is) involved in making figures all-out 18+, I don’t know, but it’s their choice and you’re making way too big a deal out of it.
My "big deal" is that I want to know why the rules can get so blurry regarding nudity on anime series, LN series, and their tie-in figures. It seems to be a major mess right now regarding what's permissible and what's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
Preferably I'd like to see risqué figures of Kurumi as her design is my #1 favourite of Date A Live. About DxD figures, there needs to be ones of the other popular characters like Issei.
Did you see my previous link to the "After Date Style" Kurumi figure? I think it's about as risqué as you can get without increasing the age rating of the series. And yes, there isn't enough variety among DxD figures--we need more of different DxD characters. But then again, figure makers often only go with what's most popular; look at how many figures there are of Kurumi from DAL and how few there are for the Yamai Sisters from DAL.
Old 2021-08-29, 09:40   Link #19632
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Kotobukiya announced an (NSFW) Kurumi school uniform figure…..and a MUKURO figure at their online showcase event.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1294235
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1294236

A bit miffed we’re getting Mukuro before Nia, but like I said before I like ALL the girls in this LN.
Old 2021-08-31, 20:51   Link #19633
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Tachibana and Tsunako’s next work together has been announced, titled King Propose. Releasing on September 18.

https://twitter.com/kingpropose?ref_...e-anime.com%2F

https://fantasiabunko.jp/product/202...012001025.html

The heroine’s outfit is giving off some serious Kurumi Raziel astral dress vibes, and I love it.
Old 2021-09-01, 07:06   Link #19634
Estzero1

Her design is really great, but I was expecting nothing less based on the person involved.
Btw, not sure if we already knew the cover of Material 2, if not it's also up. Kurumi on the cover is always a plus imo, but I also like the scenary with city, tree and tombstones in the back.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 11:41   Link #19635
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Other characters for King Propose as well as the store bonuses for pre-ordering the first volume.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KoshiTach...D&refsrc=email
Old 2021-09-06, 23:18   Link #19636
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Kadokawa’s Oiran version Kurumi figure is finally up for pre-Oder with a March 2022 release date.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-131540
Old 2021-09-06, 23:24   Link #19637
AndrewR5D4

Is there anymore material planned for DAL? I feel like the ending is reminiscent of To Love Ru Darkness.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 01:15   Link #19638
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The main story is done and Tachibana and Tsunako have started their next work together, King Propose which I pointed out above. I believe there’s going to be one more Encore, and I also believe DAB is on its final volume. I’m sure we’re going to be getting another collection artbook from Tsunako covering the second half of the main series and Encore. I wouldn’t be surprised (and am certainly hoping for) another Compile Heart DAL game to go with the fourth season.

And then there’s the fourth season, which looks to still be on track for October despite all the other animes getting delayed lately. Hopefully they’ll animate it all the way to the end, and maybe that might inspire some bonus DAL material from Tachibana and Tsunako maybe?

On the side, Tsunako is still doing DAL art for Fantasia Bunko’s Fantasia Re:Build mobile game, along with other artists doing some DAL art for the game.
Old 2021-09-07, 15:02   Link #19639
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Quote:
The main story is done and Tachibana and Tsunako have started their next work together, King Propose which I pointed out above. I believe there’s going to be one more Encore, and I also believe DAB is on its final volume. I’m sure we’re going to be getting another collection artbook from Tsunako covering the second half of the main series and Encore. I wouldn’t be surprised (and am certainly hoping for) another Compile Heart DAL game to go with the fourth season.

And then there’s the fourth season, which looks to still be on track for October despite all the other animes getting delayed lately. Hopefully they’ll animate it all the way to the end, and maybe that might inspire some bonus DAL material from Tachibana and Tsunako maybe?

On the side, Tsunako is still doing DAL art for Fantasia Bunko’s Fantasia Re:Build mobile game, along with other artists doing some DAL art for the game.
I may as well wait until those two volumes come out and are translated then, so I can binge read the entire series. About Fantasia Re:Build, I wonder what series is the most popular in it to fans.
Old 2021-09-07, 17:25   Link #19640
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I don’t have any hard numbers on series popularity in Fantasia Re:Build if such numbers exist at all, but so far DAL is getting more 5-star characters, as well as more characters overall, and is featured in more events than any other single title. High School DxD, Saekano, Rokudenashi, and Gamers have the next highest number of 5-stars, but DxD has more characters in 3 and 4-stars and it’s dude/extra story (I forgot the name) just had its main character made into a 5-star. For Rokudenashi they pulled a character from the LN that didn’t make the anime to make into an event 5-star.
For the recent swimsuit event where these games make a big deal, the main featured and event-limited 4-star was Inverse Tohka, with Rias from DxD and Kurumi appearing as 5-stars and Sistine from Rokudenashi and Chaika appearing as 4-stars.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2021-09-07 at 17:39.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy