AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 21:40   Link #1941
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Well, RAGE would not be the word to describe it... More like they are quite disappointed for the build-ups that have already been presented in Ep. 24. It's kind of the mixture between the two feelings there, like seems it ended too quickly and the LT ending/resolution is not really an ending. Kinda hard to comprehend these crowds...

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 21:53   Link #1942
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, RAGE would not be the word to describe it... More like they are quite disappointed for the build-ups that have already been presented in Ep. 24. It's kind of the mixture between the two feelings there, like seems it ended too quickly and the LT ending/resolution is not really an ending. Kinda hard to comprehend these crowds...

I recall there were only a few people that were dumbfounded by Alto's lack of decision....oh well. After the episode aired I was expecting them to react the same way the crowd did back in the end of the first season of Sailor Moon LOL. Takeuchi and Kodansha actually received death threats.

They seem to be pumped up more for the movie at least. I did post some of their reactions from thursday but I'll have to see what they are today. It's long over and I'm sure it's sunk in by now.

And well....Kawamori did say in an interview that this theme of Macross was "DYRL Minmei VS TV Minmei".

Oh well....it's weird that I decide to head back here after the series ends LOL. I don't post here regularly because I lost the motivation too (unless Tak promises those buns for me LOL) but I guess I should sign off as well since most of the other old folks are doing the same.

I'll just concentrate on this thread and maybe merchandise.

Apologies to those who have been waiting for my next piece (Although....Macrossuki crew, I'm working on that doujin LOL)...since I'm stuck at a particular work milestone right now (grrr), and my boss is still wondering why my designs are still looking like Macross characters LOL. I'm crossing my fingers that I could submit some "Sheryl" goodness soon.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 22:06   Link #1943
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Most probably because you and me take different sources for the info. I usually take the reactions from the blogs (Mostly fanartists) and right now, most Sheryl supporters blogs are quite "...Huh? WTF!" while most Ranka's supporters are like this forum too, somehow accepting with the ending. Triangle supporters are divided into two factions : one who loved the ending and satisfied with Happy End, while the others are like Sheryl Fans.

I think they will probably talk and speculate the movie right now. Kawamori-san saved his hides because he promised to do a movie, so Macross old fans who are interested in the LT would still give him a chance before sending off Death Threats like what we are assuming here. Plus the quality in the last episode does help.

And good luck for your work! Hope it would not be too stressful

Old 2008-09-27, 22:10   Link #1944
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Btw....how's the figure search coming along? Have you tried Yahoo auctions? Ikebukuro K-books may have the figure (ironically) too.
I have been checking. I saw one on Ebay a couple days ago, unfortunately its going for $89 plus shipping. As much as I love Shizuru, my devotion to her is slightly less than my devotion to the Queen.

Besides, I am a starving (graduate) student

Quote:
Nah...Japan is not in rage mode. I checked both the BBS and 2chan and they're just confused about the whole episode as well as the (their own words) underdeveloped sections of the series.
Of course they are not in rage. This entire franchise had been ecstasy in disguise. What they (and some of us) are going through right now is simply a period of recession. This is a period of recovery folks, getting too high for too long is detrimental to one's health.

- Tak (I am still deciding a name for me bike. I thought I should just name it Silent Viola, but that would be too bloody obvious)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 22:21   Link #1945
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Strangely enough, that Alto reminds me of a certain someone. Although I'd dump Ranka so quick her head will spin.

- Tak
Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic is immediately who I thought of when seeing that picture. Just a skinnier version of her in the face and with darker blue hair.

Spoiler for For Space:

All this proves is they need a good doujin rewrite of some of the story with Altooi in a yuri relationship with Sheryl and Ranka.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 22:22   Link #1946
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic is immediately who I thought of when seeing that picture. Just a skinnier version of her.
Dude, even Chidori is nowhere near as hot

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:24   Link #1947
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Most probably because you and me take different sources for the info. I usually take the reactions from the blogs (Mostly fanartists) and right now, most Sheryl supporters blogs are quite "...Huh? WTF!" while most Ranka's supporters are like this forum too, somehow accepting with the ending. Triangle supporters are divided into two factions : one who loved the ending and satisfied with Happy End, while the others are like Sheryl Fans.

AH I see where you get your info from....actually I always checked the official Macross Frontier BBS. Which can be found here:
https://cy.mbs.jp/pc/macross_f/index.php

Yeah...if you check SHeryl or Ranka-specific websites then that is bound to occur. I was in WTF mode myself as I am a Sheryl-supporter and have been since the first episode she acted like a bitch LOL but I had to remind myself that this was indeed a TV Minmei vs DYRL Minmei centered Macross.
But regardless, my final and true thoughts are on my blog and that's where they are staying....I tend to ramble much there

Anyhow, there's always the movie and Tak knows I'll be reporting that on my blog LOL.

Quote:
I think they will probably talk and speculate the movie right now. Kawamori-san saved his hides because he promised to do a movie, so Macross old fans who are interested in the LT would still give him a chance before sending off Death Threats like what we are assuming here. Plus the quality in the last episode does help.
Quote:
And good luck for your work! Hope it would not be too stressful
Thanks ! The VG industry is always stressful but I'll survive.

Well...I may not concentrate on the romance thread but I'll submit fanart from time to time and submit news about Macross F merchandise.

Plus I'll be "silently" awaiting the next Macross series since I'm a fellow Macross-head since 1982.

I still promised Stray, I'd do some Emilia artwork but for now I'm still in the アルシェリ phase and will be for awhile.

And don't worry Justinstrife (if you're still here...I think he signed off too)...you will get your Sheryl x Alto smut....umm...not here though

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-09-27, 22:35   Link #1948
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
AH I see where you get your info from....actually I always checked the official Macross Frontier BBS. Which can be found here:
https://cy.mbs.jp/pc/macross_f/index.php

Yeah...if you check SHeryl or Ranka-specific websites then that is bound to occur. I was in WTF mode myself as I am a Sheryl-supporter and have been since the first episode she acted like a bitch LOL but I had to remind myself that this was indeed a TV Minmei vs DYRL Minmei centered Macross.
But regardless, my final and true thoughts are on my blog and that's where they are staying....I tend to ramble much there
At least you still write in your blog. I have already given up writing due to total laziness here Gonna wait for the extra long rambling there!

Quote:
Anyhow, there's always the movie and Tak knows I'll be reporting that on my blog LOL.
I shall silently stalk your blog now to get more info for the movie

Quote:
And don't worry Justinstrife (if you're still here...I think he signed off too)...you will get your Sheryl x Alto smut....umm...not here though

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Justinstrife has signed off from this forum, except for the image thread and maybe Sheryl-related sub-forums.

Old 2008-09-27, 22:38   Link #1949
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
I have been checking. I saw one on Ebay a couple days ago, unfortunately its going for $89 plus shipping. As much as I love Shizuru, my devotion to her is slightly less than my devotion to the Queen.
Quote:
Besides, I am a starving (graduate) student

LOL, わかりました。

Quote:
Of course they are not in rage. This entire franchise had been ecstasy in disguise. What they (and some of us) are going through right now is simply a period of recession. This is a period of recovery folks, getting too high for too long is detrimental to one's health.
Takさん、お手伝いしましょうか......

.....希望と夢幻 (Ummm...more like Sheryl's)

Quote:
- Tak (I am still deciding a name for me bike. I thought I should just name it Silent Viola, but that would be too bloody obvious)
Well, when you do think, 詳しく教えて下さい。

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-09-27, 22:47   Link #1950
Tak

Quote:
.....希望と夢幻 (Ummm...more like Sheryl's)
You mean, more like Death Heels and Screeching Wheels? *runs*

Quote:
詳しく教えて下さい。
This is like naming your first born you know, I need time to balance my thoughts, finances, and my sanity before I can decisively move onto the next step

- Tak

Old 2008-09-28, 01:06   Link #1951
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Dude, even Chidori is nowhere near as hot

- Tak
so true. i love Chidori, but that Alto is just RIDICULOUS
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:34   Link #1952
Wesley84

Spoiler for One of my favorite artists:
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:42   Link #1953
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Super Robot Wars is from a series of games (if I'm right) with Giant robots. The game became popular and then there have been cross overs from many anime and game series.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:52   Link #1954
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Yes, It's a series of tactic mecha games featuring entries from well known series as well as original creations. Macross Plus and SDF were also part of it.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:53   Link #1955
Wesley84

I know, what I asked is if there were any manga or anime adaptations for it.
Old 2008-09-28, 01:55   Link #1956
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Oh, currently there aren't any anime or manga adaptions. Sorry I didn't fully understand your question.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 01:56   Link #1957
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Nope, there is no anime or manga adaptation for the game. Cross over games usually don't have it.

Old 2008-09-28, 02:41   Link #1958
Wesley84

That's a shame. The original girls are plentiful and attractive, and the mecha is cool-looking.
Old 2008-09-28, 10:43   Link #1959
Tak

Well, here is the feminine version of Banana-san:

And one of my favorite recent pieces:

- Tak

Old 2008-09-28, 10:45   Link #1960
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Ah, bravo, this one's really nice. Somehow everything fits perfectly

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, macross