Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 01:48   Link #1
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Onihime VS

Quote:
Weak, bullied and pessimistic about life, that's Setsuna Kashiwagi. On the verge of jumping off a bridge, a mysterious man appears behind him and offers the contract "10 million yen in exchange for your life in a year." Skeptical at first, he accepts. Waking up the next morning, thinking it was an dream, he notices 2 beautiful women sitting beside him, they are Kanna and Rena, Oni princesses here to claim his heart in a year.
Another IM Dal Young manwha. Art is very pretty, but that's probably the only reason I'm reading this... Hopefully, Setsuna mans up unlike in some way to make me like him. Kanna is awesome though! Rena in a meido outfit... *drools* There just needs to be more of the strong hero balancing out the strong heroine.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 08:52   Link #2
CygnusX

Discovered this week as well.

After reading Unbalance x2, I've been a great fan of and have been searching for all of IM Dal Young manwha's.

Of his projects, this one seems the least interesting to me, especially because of the cliché storyline and the spineless main character. Compared to UxU it's not really a welcome change imho.

Though the story is still of IM Dal Young so I'm sure it be fun to read and the art is very nice so I'm looking forward to more releases and see how the story will progress and hope there will be some pleasant surprises.
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 10:24   Link #3
jesus28

Aflame inferno hasn't moved in a while (with respect to the raws, only can find up to vol 4). Freezing seems to be one of his more interesting manga.
jesus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 10:30   Link #4
RolePlay
Teh RandomPenguin

Send a message via MSN to RolePlay
i might have to look into this one as well ^^
RolePlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:31   Link #5
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Known about this for a bit but was reading Unbalance X2 just finished the first chapter and im loving it so far. I can see how this could appeal to many fans well back to reading. Will give a more complete post when im done.
Old 2009-02-25, 13:28   Link #6
kujoe
from head to heel

I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 14:15   Link #7
holyalexander
holy alexander

this is interesting.. i might look into it..
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 14:47   Link #8
yongshun

The series is pretty fun to read, I would have figured that Setsuna would be the one to grab the orb but it was unexpected of Arima to grab it, cant wait to see what happens next.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 23:58   Link #9
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.
Well not without some tragedy I think. He needs a heart transplant.

Meaning somebody has to croak first.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 03:08   Link #10
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, that's why I said, "by some stroke of deus ex machina".

Of course, it can always end tragically. If I'm not mistaken, Im Dal Young has ended one of his stories on a tragic note but I don't feel such vibes here, at least not yet, especially with a hapless main character like Setsuna. True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.
Old 2009-02-26, 03:56   Link #11
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.
I wouldn't say this is an anime only cliche, but yeah his character (so far) is rather generic. I do find the bully secretly liking him a nice touch though, the scenes where she's trying to somehow tell him that she likes him are fun to watch. ^^
Old 2009-02-26, 04:01   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel

Nah, that's actually quite reminiscent of Im dal Young's other manhwa, Unbalance x Unbalance.

That manhwa also has a female character with a nasty, scheming bitchy side that causes tension and drama from her end of the story. Arima isn't as bad, but I don't find her characterization particularly appealing, even for a tsundere fan like myself.
Old 2009-02-26, 04:09   Link #13
TrueKnight

Superb art and appealing females.

But a retard, emo, crybaby and useless male lead with females bossing him around, always pushed around, cries alot and again, relying most the time on females do clean the mess for him. Very inspiring indeed. Reading this made me somehow lost my manliness a bit. If he remain that useless spine I'm afraid even the ridiculously hot females won't be able the keep me interested.

Then again I'm read this when I just finished wacthed 300 again. So I maybe biased.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 04:32   Link #14
denice25

Good Luck in reading...
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 04:48   Link #15
Mentar
Banned

To be honest, after the 5 scanlated chapters the character I find most interesting and enjoyable is uber-tsundere Arima *lol*

Anyway, I'm having fun.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 06:01   Link #16
kujoe
from head to heel

Whoa, Ch 6 (raw)...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-26, 12:40   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
IM Dal Young is DA MAN when it comes to drawing sexy women...although I think he did kind of overdid it here with Kanna's chest size.

But holy zettai ryouiki

I do think that the guy looks a bit too much of a shota kid, which is a waste since he is surrounded by hot girls, but this isn't the first case I've seen of this. I wonder why

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:03   Link #18
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol, Hina in servant uniform looks a bit like a full-sized Suiseiseki...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 21:44   Link #19
FateAnomaly

Normally i would say i don't like someone like Arima but i do in this case. Anyway there probably won't be much of a storyline but i am still looking forward to the next chapter.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 01:23   Link #20
Cio
Otaku

Rena is awesome, she is remind me of Son Goku from Journey to the West

As for chp 6, it is hilarious to see Hina in maid costume LOL