AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-22, 02:02   Link #61
andy

One of them seem to be worth 690 million or 609 million not to certain yet .
Old 2009-07-22, 02:20   Link #62
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Well, what can I say about the New World pirate designs? They sure are... out of the ordinary...
Out of the ordinary is ordinary for Oda .

---

It's 6億900万, so 609,000,000 (億 means 100 million (so 6 x 100 million), and 万 means ten thousand (so 900 x 10,000) - so 600,000,000 + 9,000,000 = 609,000,000). I am a little surprised that the largest bounty we have seen so far, moderatly less than twice the previous highest bounty, is for a completely unknown character (whose name, provided by Kairouseki@AP, is Johnbravas John). The other bounty, listed for Hapyurosu Ryuhou, is 344,000,000 berry (4 million more than Doflamingo, who had the previous highest bounty in the series). Both have trully impressive bounties and make me eagerly await the other captains, as well as Ace's, Whitebeard's crew, and ultimately Whitebeard (if a non-Yonkou can have a 600 million bounty, then Whitebeard si going to easily have over a billion).
Old 2009-07-22, 03:54   Link #63
marvelB

Yeah, the Usopp ministory actually involves him getting fat. The whole bird thing was a mistranslation. I'll fix that after my post here.....

Anyway.... the captains. Hoo boy, those guys definitely have some far-out designs. I already notice some are complaining about how ugly most of those guys are, but I really think the fact that they DO look so strange is what makes their designs awesome in the first place (besides, I really wouldn't expect pirates of all people to be a handsome bunch in the first place ). And damn, a guy with a 609 million bounty..... I guess this means that Whitebeard's bounty IS over a billion after all. This also raises the possibility of Luffy getting a 500 million bounty after this storyline is over. Heh, maybe Buggy will even get a bounty of over a billion, thanks to that misunderstanding with the marines.

Anyway, I think my favorite design out of them is that dude with the banana-shaped chin (actually, his WHOLE HEAD looks banana-shaped). The guy on the right of him looks pretty cool, too. That fat guy sorta looks like a merman, but considering we've already seen a bunch of freaky-looking humans (Wanze comes to mind), I guess this guy's a human, as well. It also looks like [i]eight[/i[ NW captains are shown, which is more than 5 or 6 like the summary said, Well, it'll definitely be cool to see them in action, even if they do get taken out by the Shichibukai in the end......
Old 2009-07-22, 04:06   Link #64
Prestige

Some of captains names have been revelealed;

Frost Giant Grabio Lilins

White Wolf Pirate Crew, Slicing Wind Luis Silfido

Fire Angel Hapyurosu Ryuhou

Silver Soul Jian Bravas

Snake Fist Fizz Ieri

They all have massive bountys with one of them going over 600 million, they have pretty intresting designs aswell, I expect alot of them as them being high tier of the New World itself.

Looks like epic chapter, one of the bests of this entire year so far... Oda delivers massively this week.

Oh and nice job for Xris aswell, its nice to see these threads being supervised to prevent trolling aswell.

*Edit

If you check picture of Usopp not only he has gotten very fat but also he seems to be 2-3 times taller than before, he is almost like a mini-giant
Old 2009-07-22, 04:41   Link #65
james0246

Personally, of the pics I can see, I am diggin the designs for the Captain with a monkey on his back (he looks a bit like Trafalgar Law), and the Captain with the insane moustache...

I'm still reeling from the bounties, while this may have been a spur of the moment decision (the bounties, not the crews), it is still quite shocking to see someone past the half-billion mark. Here's hoping they live up to that bounty...
Old 2009-07-22, 06:25   Link #66
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

So now we have a drag queen and a fat man in our crew? thats the end of strawhats after all

Also we just embarked on our glorious bleach like "good guys vs bad guys weekly wrestling storyline".I hope they will do much better than just showing off each other with cool empty words and useless devil fruit spamming.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2009-07-22 at 06:37.
Old 2009-07-22, 06:46   Link #67
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It almost feels like Whitebeard is going to sacrifice himself for Ace. Hopefully, that won't happen. And, considering Whitebeard's plans regarding Ace, it also feels like Roger was an entity beyond the peak Whitebeard could have reached even if he had lived a thousand years. Who knows, maybe the pirate that Whitebeard couldn't manage to beat wasn't even using a good portion of his strength.
Old 2009-07-22, 07:08   Link #68
SMASHERJACKSON

it would be a shame if those new world captains get defeated so soon after introduction and hype, so im guessing they wont - which in turn leads me to think this whole confrontation will be resolved quicker then anticipated, im sure we'll see some action but not a full blown war as i was originally expecting and hoping for.
Old 2009-07-22, 07:32   Link #69
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
It almost feels like Whitebeard is going to sacrifice himself for Ace. Hopefully, that won't happen. And, considering Whitebeard's plans regarding Ace, it also feels like Roger was an entity beyond the peak Whitebeard could have reached even if he had lived a thousand years. Who knows, maybe the pirate that Whitebeard couldn't manage to beat wasn't even using a good portion of his strength.
Completely Wrong (in my opinion).
More like Whitebeard realized how old his ass is getting and knows his Era is over.
Old 2009-07-22, 07:54   Link #70
SMASHERJACKSON

just wanted to mention, all those silver medalists - they must hav been at least luffys age when going against roger, which would make them in their 40's now at least? - perhaps some of wb's allies could be them.
Old 2009-07-22, 08:23   Link #71
game2007

That woman among the captains might be Lola's mom going by her design. Can't be sure though.
Old 2009-07-22, 09:21   Link #72
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oda never fails to impress with his character designs. And doesn't it look ike the gates are opening rather than being blown up?
Old 2009-07-22, 10:02   Link #73
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm still reeling from the bounties, while this may have been a spur of the moment decision (the bounties, not the crews), it is still quite shocking to see someone past the half-billion mark. Here's hoping they live up to that bounty...
No surprises here about the bounties. I think I wrote some ago before that I expected the bounties of the Yonkou to start at a billion or so. Since we have a New World Pirate Captain (tm) within shouting distance of that, it looks like I may well be right.

btw, in the text it's stated that Ace's full name should have been "Gol D Ace". I wonder if Roger met Rouge before he ordered the split up of his pirate group, or after. I wonder if Roger turned himself in before or after finding out Rouge was pregnant.

Also, I think it's said in the text that Whitebeard's ships must have had a coating (like from Sabaody) to be able to go underwater.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:19   Link #74
marvelB

Also, I forgot to mention that another reason why I love the design of the captain with the banana-shaped head and crazy mustache is because he reminds me of those old-school cartoon villains like Snidely Whiplash and Dick Dastardly. I guess a more recent example of that look would be Waluigi. By the way, I mentioned Wanze in my last post.... one of those guys kinda looks like him, as well. Heh, considering how freaky most of these guys look, I'd expect at least one of them to be an Awakened Zoan.

Still, too bad that so many people have already dismissed these guys as fodder just because they're ugly. These guys ain't no young Supernova rookies..... they're New World veterans. IMO, it's to be expected that they wouldn't be a bunch of generic bishies. Those wacky, outlandish designs are one of the main reasons why I love this series in the first place! I can't wait to see these guys in action....

As for the rest of the pics, it's actually pretty nice to see a younger Garp. I also find it prety amusing that the more we see of Roger in flashbacks, the better view we get of his face. It also looks like we get to see Rouge's face, as well (I'm guessing this means that Garp was the one who helped hide her from the rest of the marines?).

Oh, and it's too bad that we haven't got any pics of the rest of Whitebeard's commanders. I really want to check those guys out, too. I still sorta have a feeling that one of those hot nurses may be a commander.....
Old 2009-07-22, 10:40   Link #75
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
I'd expect at least one of them to be an Awakened Zoan.
The hawk like guy with hood which resembles a beak will be....
Spoiler for ":

Quote:
Oh, and it's too bad that we haven't got any pics of the rest of Whitebeard's commanders. I really want to check those guys out, too. I still sorta have a feeling that one of those hot nurses may be a commander.....
He is probly saving Marco and rest for Admirals.Well after seeing Ace getting owned by a Shichibukai, I doubt that if any commander except Marco can hold his ground against an Admiral.
Old 2009-07-22, 10:49   Link #76
marvelB

^I still have the feeling that both Marco and Jozu are amongst the strongest commanders (and can therefore take on an admiral), but I still really want to check out the rest of those guys, as well. They're probably around the same level as those NW captains (well, barring the guy with the 600+ million bounty, anyway).....
Old 2009-07-22, 11:29   Link #77
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, too bad that so many people have already dismissed these guys as fodder just because they're ugly. These guys ain't no young Supernova rookies..... they're New World veterans. IMO, it's to be expected that they wouldn't be a bunch of generic bishies. Those wacky, outlandish designs are one of the main reasons why I love this series in the first place! I can't wait to see these guys in action....
I couldn't agree more with you on this. A lot of anime/manga fans are only interested in the "pretty boys" or "badasses". I say screw them. As I've said before (which is one of the main reasons why I love One Piece), Oda's designs are eccentric. The diversity in his character designs is absolutely astounding, and because of his creativity we are always treated to something that is new, fresh, and different. It's nice to see someone like you who can also appreciate variety .

I'm loving the designs of the new world captains, and rest assured marvelB, I haven't dismissed them as fodder. I'm pretty sure that they're going to put up one hell of a fight, and I'm looking forward to seeing them kick some ass. They're going to give us a taste of what the level of power is like in the new world.
Old 2009-07-22, 11:58   Link #78
marvelB

^Yep, definitely agree with you, there. And the funny thing is, these guys actually look a LOT more like what real pirates are supposed to look like. Heh, I'm still wondering if one of them is Lola's mama (that is, if she isn't a Yonkou as many people expect)....?

And about the ministory..... I wonder how gaining so much weight is going to benefit Usopp? He's gonna take up sumo or something?
Old 2009-07-22, 12:18   Link #79
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
SO! End result of all of this, Whitebeard dies, Ace escapes, takes over the whitebeard crew and becomes Luffy's future rival in finding One Piece (similar to Roger and Whitebeards relationship in the past)

and in terms of the ministory, the facts that usopp gained so much weight and the crew mates had various other strange encounters on their respective islands makes me think that all of the crew members will be physically different upon their reunion

(personally I am much more interested in Zoro who should be coming up in next weeks mini arc)
Old 2009-07-22, 12:31   Link #80
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Would? View Post
(personally I am much more interested in Zoro who should be coming up in next weeks mini arc)
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I couldn't agree more with you on this. A lot of anime/manga fans are only interested in the "pretty boys" or "badasses". I say screw them. As I've said before (which is one of the main reasons why I love One Piece), Oda's designs are eccentric. The diversity in his character designs is absolutely astounding, and because of his creativity we are always treated to something that is new, fresh, and different. It's nice to see someone like you who can also appreciate variety .

I'm loving the designs of the new world captains, and rest assured marvelB, I haven't dismissed them as fodder. I'm pretty sure that they're going to put up one hell of a fight, and I'm looking forward to seeing them kick some ass. They're going to give us a taste of what the level of power is like in the new world.

Quote:
Still, too bad that so many people have already dismissed these guys as fodder just because they're ugly.
LMAO! For some reason that was funny to me.
I actually agree with both of you, Blackbeard and MarvelB.
I called them fodder because I'm more interested in seeing Dark King Rayleigh and Red-Haired show up

Quote:
^I still have the feeling that both Marco and Jozu are amongst the strongest commanders (and can therefore take on an admiral)
Yeah, that's what I was saying before.
But I was talking about Marco though, not to sure about Jozu.
I think Marco is a Haki-user, Jozu looks like a Zoan-type, probably a bear or something.
Closed Thread