AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 01:27   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 546 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Chapter released before the spoilers...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-07-07 at 00:33.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 09:26   Link #2
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Waiting for the script translation. But so far

-Gaara fights his father. His father has some type of gold dust sand jutsu.
-Onoki and Muu fight.
-Madara is heading to Alliance HQ.
-We finally get to see Toroi, an Edo zombie from Kumo, who uses a magnetism jutsu. Just like with Pakura and Gari, his design and powers are from the Third Shippuden movie. Naruto(the real one) beats him with a rasengan. Thanks for playing Toroi.
Old 2011-07-06, 10:01   Link #3
james0246

It seems the chapter has been released before the official spoilers have even been translated...

Short chapter, but it was fun to see the various Edo-Kages working together. Getting some much needed info on Gaara's father was also a plus (even if the info was almost solely the nature of his abilities).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 10:14   Link #4
neshru

One of the guys there looks like Hidan's father
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 10:24   Link #5
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

chapter is already out

so Gaara's father used gold dust and 3rd kazekage used iron sand,Gaara's sand looked too normal to me
Old 2011-07-06, 10:49   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well that was short and fun. But wait a minute, wasn't Naruto using clones last chapter? Shouldn't he be, I dunno, feeling the after-effects right around now, considering what a big deal Hachibi made it out to be? And now he can do a normal Rasengan in the controlled mode too? I thought that move had to be used in the form of the Bijuu Blast Sphere. Oh well, at least we got to see the other kages fight. Gaara's dad also seem to have the tanuki lines though so wonder what that means...
Old 2011-07-06, 11:06   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah, he's using clones. But of course the real one would be on the move as well, it's only natural.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 13:00   Link #8
Kallen4life

well that's was alright, but nothing too special

all in all, so far, I'd say I like this arc rather then dislike it
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 13:33   Link #9
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Gaara: Hello father. It's been quite some time.
Dad: Where the heck is your sand monster young man?
Gaara: I'm not your little jinchuriki anymore dad *da da da, enter dramatic music here*
Dad: WTF! This is why you never got toys on x-mass. Gods, if your head wasn't screwed on to your neck you'd lose it too- seriously though, the sand monster is gone?
Gaara: That's right. You heard me.
Dad: Next thing you'll tell me is that you're into drugs and alcohol and you've been skipping class
Gaara: *facepalms* you're the one who has come here with a pose of zombie friends. Seriously. What's your problem?
Dad: Um... *whips out some gold dust*
Gaara: *rolls eyes* you're like...the worst parent ever. Zombie or not, I'm kicking your decomposing ass.
Rabid Gaara fangirls: YAAAAAAAY!

Hm...that's pretty much how I saw this chapter....
Old 2011-07-06, 15:12   Link #10
haegar
mangaviking

mmm. chapter is too short. mmmm. we see only one of dozens of kagebunshins do work. mmm. gaara vs. daddy I've been waiting for patiently for some time and then it only gets half a chap, mmm. not enough explosions either.MMMM. then again as chapters go it wasnt bad as such so.mmm. its ok.mmm.
Old 2011-07-06, 16:48   Link #11
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

hmm kishi needs to start setting up some plot twists, the story is feeling to linear and predictable atm for my likings
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 21:51   Link #12
thermopyle

Pity Naruto still hasn't been knocked down a peg.

I liked the crack about the time skip. And instead of developing an underutilized secondary character, he's going back to....Gaara. Oh well, at least the focus is on the only smart (former) jinchuriki out on the battlefield.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 04:48   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

so gaara finally gets to fight, huh? i'm guessing we'll be getting more drama next chapter. gold dust, eh? so gaara's dad must be rich then. lol

i laughed when one of the kage said, "it's not just a two-year time skip, huh?"
Old 2011-07-07, 05:21   Link #14
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Be able to control Gold Dust.
Now that's a serious problem as with that technique, he's able to stop Shuukaku.

But, Gaara father's eyes turn similar to Gaara itself after activating his Magnet-element.
If Magnet-element is act as a bloodline tech ( like Naruto first victim in this chapter ), doesn't that means Gaara is able to use it too ?
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 06:41   Link #15
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

So does this mean 3rd, 4th, and 5th kazekage are all related?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 07:01   Link #16
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
none of the kages know who the hell is controlling them. which made me laugh. Also the 2 year time skip line.

gaaras dad is going to get released from this world based on his son....going to say you are not a monster....smile...and then crumble.....
Old 2011-07-07, 07:10   Link #17
HasuMasu
*Artist

it's weird that they think orochimaru's controlling them

wouldn't it be more logical to think it's the 2nd hokage?

could someone please address this, i'm confused

as for the gold dust thing, i find that very awesome, where does it come from though?
Old 2011-07-07, 08:46   Link #18
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
it's weird that they think orochimaru's controlling them

wouldn't it be more logical to think it's the 2nd hokage?

could someone please address this, i'm confused

as for the gold dust thing, i find that very awesome, where does it come from though?
Gaara's dad confirmed the 2nd is dead and he met Oro before. None of them know that Oro is gone.

Gold comes from the ground. He probably got them the same way Gaara got them during his fight with Kimimaro.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 11:34   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Interesting to see that on page 6 Naruto is in normal mode, seems that he finally realized that he has finite chakra and has to keep his chakra consumption as low as possible. But that also means that his clones can enter and exit this kyuubi mode independently. Sure Kishimoto wants this to be Naruto's longest day, so he must show that Naruto is at last aware of his chakra reserves.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 13:32   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
And instead of developing an underutilized secondary character, he's going back to....Gaara. Oh well, at least the focus is on the only smart (former) jinchuriki out on the battlefield.
Did you expect him to focus on Shino or Lee? Gaara is one of his favorites so it was a given Kishimoto was going to give him fanservice.

I'd rather see Gaara than Naruto. Already tired of the Messiah. And now it seems like Kirabi is his sidekick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
gaaras dad is going to get released from this world based on his son....going to say you are not a monster....smile...and then crumble.....
Which is why I hope this is over in a chapter. Daddy doesn't seem like the monster we remember so we will learn he really wasn't a bad guy in boring flashbacks. Gaara and him will bond and make peace before he crumbles. While important to Gaara's character, in the grand scheme of things, it is meaningless and a total waste of time. Maybe I would have cared during the first day before we saw how the Edo Zombies have been handled.. Same thing with Onoki and Muu.

Gaara's group were suppose to get backup right? That was part of Shikaku's plan. So when do they show up?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote