AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-03, 08:11   Link #81
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I'm just going to go and say...

"Damn, Why must the nurse die so earrrrly?!"

>.>

(Recently restarted my reviewing habits sooo)

I'll give it a 9/10. It can improve by ep 5.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:39   Link #82
warita
Dai-Youkai

The scary part of this curse is, that if you (=student) screw up, you will pull somebody from your family to the grave.
Old 2012-02-03, 08:50   Link #83
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I had a similar guess. I wondered, which are the differences between Kouichi and his classmates? Now I can't check if he was born in Tokyo or not, but the birth place could be a discriminant
Just want to point out we know from episode 1 he was born in the village and moved to Tokyo with his dad shortly afterwards.

Quote:
As such, Mei must have at some point been inquiring into the situation beyond what the class deemed as acceptable, and then deaths began appearing like in Sakakibara's case, and the way they treat her now is the "countermeasure".
Not sure about this,the anime starts on April 25th so that only leaves about 3 weeks for all that to happen.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:01   Link #84
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Just want to point out we know from episode 1 he was born in the village and moved to Tokyo with his dad shortly afterwards.

Not sure about this,the anime starts on April 25th so that only leaves about 3 weeks for all that to happen.
Actually I was speculating that Mei was in a similar position Sakakibara is in now in the pasy, i.e. her presence and subsequent action had deaths attributed to them. Then again now that I rewatched the episode some someone mentions that now deaths had happened for a while before Sakakibara came.
Old 2012-02-04, 06:20   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cue, the doll falling from the shelf at the store -> Mizuno falling from the top floor. Obvious death flag was obvious Liking the episode endings and the pacing, hope it keeps up.
Old 2012-02-05, 03:20   Link #86
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Cue, the doll falling from the shelf at the store -> Mizuno falling from the top floor. Obvious death flag was obvious Liking the episode endings and the pacing, hope it keeps up.
IMO I don't know.... If you get a reference for the Parasol (of Doom) Event and the Glass Falling Event, I'll give you kudos points for that.

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-02-05 at 03:41.
Old 2012-02-05, 10:11   Link #87
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Just wanted to say... So they don't die in the order of the ending. Good try anyway

It was pretty cool it's so obvious right from the start of the show Mei is a ghost but they still manage to build up the moment Sanae confirms the fact. The rumbling coming from my subwoofer was crazy but then again... It's always been the case in this show. Sound effects are ace XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I didn't notice it but it was pretty obvious who was going to die as soon as they chose to start ignoring Sakakibara too. Anyone linked to Mei through someone else just goes it seems...
Old 2012-02-05, 22:47   Link #88
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Maybe the moral of the story is "safety and health first"?
The moral of the story is different from episode 3, which was "superstition and paranoid kills".

In episode 4, it is about society responsibility and their consequences. In both cases, the accidents can be avoid if people had the heart to be mindful of what they are doing. First, non-tempered glasses shouldn't be lying outside when it is windy. Secondly, whoever got the elevator suspended should take full responsibility for not doing routine check-up to ensure safety measures are in place. You cannot just assume people will read the worn-out post inside the elevator!
Old 2012-02-09, 01:39   Link #89
molitar

Ok this show is just getting stupid.. the accidental deaths that have no semblance to reality.. elevators are fitted with emergency brakes in case of cable failure or earthquakes, ect.. the unrealistic fall down the stairs.. sorry but this show is losing it for me big time in the stupid unbelievable deaths.. only the glass with a big hard wind but even than the wind wasn't hard enough to tip the glass that far that was one large glass and the wind would of had to be hard enough to about blow them off their feet. So I am giving this show a very poor rating for stupidity.. They need to hire an advisor because evidently the animators do not have any semblance of reality in the death scenes.

Secondly no explanation why the HELL the class has not been sealed off if it's cursed! Damn if I was in that class I would of been visiting some priests to exorcise the damn class! But instead it's all about everyone ignoring what is really going on! And a back story of a girl that everyone loved and liked being killed in an accident than killing everyone makes no damn sense! If you were a nice person your not going to come back killing. So even the back story makes no damn sense! His own relative does not even seem to care that he's in Class 3 and acts like it's nothing!
Old 2012-02-09, 01:52   Link #90
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
If you were a nice person your not going to come back killing. So even the back story makes no damn sense!
Unless he or she was killed in a really brutal way.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:36   Link #91
kitten320

Oh for the... Just f@cking tell him already! I barely ever swear but this is getting way too annoying for me to really give a damn about anyone! "If we told him, we could have avoided it" "No, not yet!" Just WTF?! They are contradicting themselves!

If there won't be any good explanation, this series will go into a trash bin!
So many annoying things that... BAH!

And give the f@cking characters some personality and repeat their names at least once per episode so I could give a damn about them when they'll die!

Shiki also had a lot of small characters but somehow they insignificance never bothered me there. A story telling was far better there.
Old 2012-02-10, 23:08   Link #92
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh for the... Just f@cking tell him already! I barely ever swear but this is getting way too annoying for me to really give a damn about anyone! "If we told him, we could have avoided it" "No, not yet!" Just WTF?! They are contradicting themselves!

If there won't be any good explanation, this series will go into a trash bin!
So many annoying things that... BAH!

And give the f@cking characters some personality and repeat their names at least once per episode so I could give a damn about them when they'll die!

Shiki also had a lot of small characters but somehow they insignificance never bothered me there. A story telling was far better there.
Yes, and possibly have more people die. Fucked if you do...fucked if you don't.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2012-02-24, 20:47   Link #93
OkamiNoKaze

I think it would have been neat if the elevator broke between the 3 and 5th floors
Old 2012-09-13, 08:49   Link #94
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

To all those sceptics who said it would never happen in real life...

China lift plunges 30 floors, killing 19
Quote:
Wuha, China (Sept 13, 2012, Thu): A platform lift at a construction site in central China has plunged 30 floors to the ground, killing its 19 passengers, state-run media report.

The accident happened today in the city of Wuhan in Hubei province, said Xinhua news agency.

The lift, which officials say fell 328ft (100m), mostly carried construction workers.

Officials are investigating the accident, Xinhua said.

BBC
Old 2012-09-16, 12:58   Link #95
neutrino

That's a construction platform lift though. It didn't even have a closed elevator shaft that would have provided air resistance.
Closed Thread