AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 18:22   Link #10901
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - And yet you made it believable and got tons of readers for it The fundumental rules of the world weren't changed that much and it's not blatantly impossible (Charlotte getting a sex change is a possibility, a Gary Stu IS pilot that can kick everyone's ass that has no reason to be able to pilot in the first place isn't possible in the least).
Woo thanks, that doesn't stop hate mail and PM came like a river though (but I'm enjoying it actually, they bother to list paragraphs upon paragraphs of stuff they don't like, though some of them adding unnecessary swear and curse and unrelated stuff).

Quote:
Side note - Then how does Irish communicate with the main cast? I'm assuming Tatenashi knows English, along with some others like Cecilia or Chifuyu (She taught in Germany, I doubt all of them spoke Jap). His Japanese will probably be extremely broken and end up making him look bad.
It's easier to learn verbal language than properly written, yet sometimes it's actually harder when your tongue isn't accustomed to it. What language Irish use before came to I.S.A.? English? Hmm, then he's in a big, big trouble...

Quote:
Side note 2 - Wait a minute! Half of IS academy are foreigners, does that mean they all learned Jap in order to enroll? Shouldn't english be the national language considering the majority of foreigners there and the fact that it's the most broadcasted language nowadays?
Actually that's my assumption, but then again almost half of the student and the staff is Japanese so... talking about population dominance?

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-12-02 at 18:33.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:35   Link #10902
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity Besides, most of it is probably about Char's gender issue, right?

Side note - How long would one on one lessons take for the student to learn the language? Tatenashi will probably teach him when not on mission. Against his will, of course

Side note 2 - Still, most western countries and even some asian countries use english as a second primary language. You'd think they'd use the most common language to allow students to mingle easier. Or are they seriously making "fluent Japanese" an actual requirement?

@ Meistah - Isn't Browning already a teacher? Why the need to make Maximillian supervise? Also, is he forbidden from getting involved with his students?
Old 2011-12-02, 18:48   Link #10903
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity Besides, most of it is probably about Char's gender issue, right?
Definitely.

Quote:
Side note - How long would one on one lessons take for the student to learn the language? Tatenashi will probably teach him when not on mission. Against his will, of course
As I said, about two months, probably one considering Irish is smart enough, even then the conversation is mostly 2 way (Irish can understand proper Japanese but unable to speak them properly as his base language is English).

Quote:
Side note 2 - Still, most western countries and even some asian countries use english as a second primary language. You'd think they'd use the most common language to allow students to mingle easier. Or are they seriously making "fluent Japanese" an actual requirement?
Once again that's my assumption as well: especially that Ichika, while dense as brick, is a Straight-A student in Junior high, I figure English wouldn't be too much of a problem (and he's quiet so he doesn't speak a lot...). But as you said, if author didn't said anything, then we can only guess...
Old 2011-12-02, 18:56   Link #10904
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Then you have nothing to worry about. Notice most of them said it was fine to pair her with Laura, but not to make her male to do it. Speaking of which, will she angst once she finds out she was formerly female?

Side note - You'd think there was some kind of teaching machine a la Matrix there, but that would make things too easy Does white hair make someone look older?

Side note - Who's funding IS academy anyway? The tech is ridiculously advanced and way above everything else we've seen. The manga says Obama's making Japan do it, but Obama acted like a Yakuza there so I'm not trusting that.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:02   Link #10905
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Then you have nothing to worry about. Notice most of them said it was fine to pair her with Laura, but not to make her male to do it. Speaking of which, will she angst once she finds out she was formerly female?
Quote:
Side note - You'd think there was some kind of teaching machine a la Matrix there, but that would make things too easy Does white hair make someone look older?
Some people migth find it odd, and yes, it'll make them look old, but then again irish is bishie so.... there's a reason a trope called "White Haired Pretty boy" exist...

Quote:
Side note - Who's funding IS academy anyway? The tech is ridiculously advanced and way above everything else we've seen. The manga says Obama's making Japan do it, but Obama acted like a Yakuza there so I'm not trusting that.
Officially Japan funded it, but I believe other countries has their share of it too.

Obama not acted exactly like a Yakuza, but compared to other politician, yes, he's putting too much pressure in it (while IRL Obama is VEEERY subtle and prefer 'peaceful' and 'practical' approach such as pulling troops from Iraq etc). So, Obama is OOC in the manga, if it's Bush then I can understand it somehow...
Old 2011-12-02, 19:10   Link #10906
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Um, did the answer for the first quote get erased? It looks like it got skipped.

Side note - Would he look older if he cross dressed? You mentioned before that Charles looked younger as a male than a female (I agree). Is it because shorter heights and younger appearances are more common in females than in males?

Side note 2 - Isn't IS academy considered an independent country? Ichika says something to that effect to charlotte.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:17   Link #10907
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
@ Senpai - Um, did the answer for the first quote get erased? It looks like it got skipped.

Side note - Would he look older if he cross dressed? You mentioned before that Charles looked younger as a male than a female (I agree). Is it because shorter heights and younger appearances are more common in females than in males?

Side note 2 - Isn't IS academy considered an independent country? Ichika says something to that effect to charlotte.
Well, IS academy has policies which allow it to be somewhat independant. It's like an multi-international embassy (in a way) but somehow not, because once enrolled, they do not belong to a country anymore.

PS: You guys always surprise me, I wonder when was my last post on this thread was.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 19:22   Link #10908
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
He'll angst for a while, but by that time he and Laura is close enough that Laura will support him with all her might ("It's not a matter about who are you in the past, what's matter is who are you in the present and future")

Quote:
Yes, and (s)he's a French to boot...by September, the male hormone will kick full force and Charles looks older at least by one year and masculine bishounen than androgynous.

Quote:
That too, but how will they get any fund? It's so complex it must've require a lot of money for maintenance alone.

@Blitz how was the exam, I barely survived getting kicked out of college XD
Old 2011-12-02, 19:25   Link #10909
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
He'll angst for a while, but by that time he and Laura is close enough that Laura will support him with all her might ("It's not a matter about who are you in the past, what's matter is who are you in the present and future")

Yes, and (s)he's a French to boot...by September, the male hormone will kick full force and Charles looks older at least by one year and masculine bishounen than androgynous.

That too, but how will they get any fund? It's so complex it must've require a lot of money for maintenance alone.

@Blitz how was the exam, I barely survived getting kicked out of college XD
Actually, I have 12 more hateful days, I am just taking a small break. xD

Old 2011-12-02, 19:41   Link #10910
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

LAWL 12 days?!

That's a pity....

EDIT: So you literally has no time for fic? I really wanted to read "Red Rain" and complete chapter 12 soon. :3
Old 2011-12-02, 20:13   Link #10911
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There's going to be a lot of exposition going on then

I'll have to explain that most reasons of Rong's abilities can be traced to his time as a terrorist. Rong is already finished with his PTSD. He's got ISA stamp of approval. And I have to make him act like he's no terrorist at all even though he says he is.

I'll try to keep all these in mind.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 20:20   Link #10912
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - How long was he in rehab?

@ Senpai - Why is Charles unaware of his gender? Shouldn't his body show signs of genetic engineering?

Side note - What's average height for males for you? It's apparently 5'9 for western countries.
Old 2011-12-02, 20:22   Link #10913
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
LAWL 12 days?!

That's a pity....

EDIT: So you literally has no time for fic? I really wanted to read "Red Rain" and complete chapter 12 soon. :3
Yea. I know, the AGONY!!! But even when I finish my exam on Dec. 14th, my first project would definitely be the Red Rain title art.

@Eratas: I would say it's more believable if Rong actually went to hypothesis therapy to suppress his terrorist personality and has SORT of a split personality. Something that may cause the other personality to rise up when he's in danger or something.

For Charles/Charlotte, I'll leave it to Zero if he wants to spoil it (I rather remain spoiler-free on my hands) xD

Old 2011-12-02, 20:26   Link #10914
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas:6 years with Croixas(butt-monkey genius who kills all tension), 3 months with Fillia(moral anchor and emotional shrink) while still in HustleBack, another 3 weeks with Fillia(now moral anchor AND reason to live) in American holding cell or helping with AE development along with a ton of guilt tripping.

Basically he wasn't in rehab, but he was exposed to a lot of stuff that mellowed him out.
Old 2011-12-02, 20:28   Link #10915
Eratas123

......I feel like an idiot! Irish being sent to the Academy without any sort of rehab looks colossaly retarted from a meta perspective. I guess I'll have to crank up the limitations

@ demino_hellsin - Wait, the six years where he remained killing, kidnapping, bombing and didn't show signs of stopping. He can't be rehabbed while he was doing these things, no way is that possible!
Old 2011-12-02, 20:30   Link #10916
demino_hellsin
That one guy

his father figure didn't mellow him out?
Old 2011-12-02, 20:31   Link #10917
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Why is Charles unaware of his gender? Shouldn't his body show signs of genetic engineering?
As Blitz said, Classified. :3

Quote:
Side note - What's average height for males for you? It's apparently 5'9 for western countries.
Country dependent (genetic, culture, and stuff are took into that account), westerner tend to be taller than Asian, and of all east Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese etc) Japan has the tallest, but somewhat thin compared to South Asian with Mongol roots (such as Indonesian, Malaysian, Philippines etc).
Old 2011-12-02, 20:33   Link #10918
blitz1/2

Quote:
......I feel like an idiot! Irish being sent to the Academy without any sort of rehab looks colossaly retarted from a meta perspective. I guess I'll have to crank up the limitations

@ demino_hellsin - Wait, the six years where he remained killing, kidnapping, bombing and didn't show signs of stopping. He can't be rehabbed while he was doing these things, no way is that possible!
Then use my hypothesis solution. It works in the real world too, which allows for an acute solution but again, it may NOT be perfect.

Old 2011-12-02, 20:34   Link #10919
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I meant his habits: He still has paranoia, violent tendencies, resistance to being disarmed and other things. The fact that he's placed in an environment he hates is also not helping. Also, Joshua wasn't allowed to show that he cared for him too much due to the rules. Still, Irish is better than his mutiliating, kick the dog, completely amoral self as a kid because of him.

@ Blitz - Irish can't be hypnotized. As mentioned before, he has a resistance to the supernatural and is grounded to his point of view.
Old 2011-12-02, 20:35   Link #10920
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Then use my hypothesis solution. It works in the real world too, which allows for an acute solution but again, it may NOT be perfect.
"Inside battlefield, soldiers are heartless monster fighting for their ideals, outside it, they're nothing but humans"
-My Grandpa

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest