AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-17, 17:50   Link #101
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I love Sena because she's that insanely beautiful, impossibly smart, crazily athletic, and ultra-rich girl who seems godly perfect in every possible way but turns out to be just as awkward, dumb, flawed, conceited, wonky, and hopelessly imperfect as all the rest of us.
Old 2013-02-17, 17:53   Link #102
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I love Sena because she's that insanely beautiful, impossibly smart, crazily athletic, and ultra-rich girl who seems godly perfect in every possible way but turns out to be just as awkward, dumb, flawed, conceited, wonky, and hopelessly imperfect as all the rest of us.
Uhmmm.... not me...
Old 2013-02-17, 20:20   Link #103
sky black swordman

Sena is not dumb, however, she is naive and gullible.
Old 2013-02-24, 19:25   Link #104
n120cky

After watching second session I can't help thinking that Sena is a Bi, how her grudge to Yozora become nearly a Fetish, and her interest in Yukimura when she knew Yukimura is a girl, and her passion to Kobato, but come to think of it because how she plays gal games constantly, so deep in mind unconsciously she want to date a girl . . .
Old 2013-02-25, 00:15   Link #105
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
After watching second session I can't help thinking that Sena is a Bi, how her grudge to Yozora become nearly a Fetish, and her interest in Yukimura when she knew Yukimura is a girl, and her passion to Kobato, but come to think of it because how she plays gal games constantly, so deep in mind unconsciously she want to date a girl . . .
That kind of mindset must've been helped by her upbringing. The only places she could categorize males were in the doormat and family category. Her father in the family category; the rest of the males in the doormat because, as she supplied quite extensively, every boy in her class have no qualms in being her doormat.

She gives respect to her father since he is her father and that he will not hesitate to scold/spank her if she went too far out of line. Kodaka showed that he wouldn't hesitate to speak his mind as well, even scolding her if that's what it takes to get her to listen and think over her mistakes. Because of that, Sena couldn't categorize him in the doormat category, much less in the family category since he's not family (yet, I hope with all my might, ), so she was more or less forced to rethink her thoughts revolving around the other sex... to a certain extent anyway.

I believe that's where her attraction to him began to bloom because he was unlike other guys.

But still doesn't change the fact that, exempting Kodaka, boys do not actually ping in her "radar" because they are relegated to something akin to under-underlings. They get minimal respect and no one batted an eyelash or voiced a complaint. All they ever did is sing praises to Sena like a bunch of groupies, and let's face it, who wants to start a romance with someone in that groupie?

That pretty much makes it so that Sena only has girls to turn to, despite most of the girls in her class could care less about what she thinks or wants. She was ridiculed, yes, but that made girls a little bit more mysterious despite being one herself. She also has her own category for girls--those who are her friends, and those who are bitches. It drove more motivation in her to befriend girls and I guess she began to blur the line between friendship and attraction somewhere down that road alongside the difference between 2D and 3D girls. She probably doesn't even realize (or care) herself.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyhow.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:01   Link #106
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
That kind of mindset must've been helped by her upbringing. The only places she could categorize males were in the doormat and family category. Her father in the family category; the rest of the males in the doormat because, as she supplied quite extensively, every boy in her class have no qualms in being her doormat.

She gives respect to her father since he is her father and that he will not hesitate to scold/spank her if she went too far out of line. Kodaka showed that he wouldn't hesitate to speak his mind as well, even scolding her if that's what it takes to get her to listen and think over her mistakes. Because of that, Sena couldn't categorize him in the doormat category, much less in the family category since he's not family (yet, I hope with all my might, ), so she was more or less forced to rethink her thoughts revolving around the other sex... to a certain extent anyway.

I believe that's where her attraction to him began to bloom because he was unlike other guys.

But still doesn't change the fact that, exempting Kodaka, boys do not actually ping in her "radar" because they are relegated to something akin to under-underlings. They get minimal respect and no one batted an eyelash or voiced a complaint. All they ever did is sing praises to Sena like a bunch of groupies, and let's face it, who wants to start a romance with someone in that groupie?

That pretty much makes it so that Sena only has girls to turn to, despite most of the girls in her class could care less about what she thinks or wants. She was ridiculed, yes, but that made girls a little bit more mysterious despite being one herself. She also has her own category for girls--those who are her friends, and those who are bitches. It drove more motivation in her to befriend girls and I guess she began to blur the line between friendship and attraction somewhere down that road alongside the difference between 2D and 3D girls. She probably doesn't even realize (or care) herself.

That's my opinion on the matter, anyhow.
That's nice analysis, AFAIK Sena never play otome game so I think it's save to conclude without Kodaka she will loving girls.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:56   Link #107
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Anyone noticed that Sena seems to lose some of her meat (pun intended) in the second season?
Old 2013-02-25, 21:06   Link #108
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
Anyone noticed that Sena seems to lose some of her meat (pun intended) in the second season?
It happens sometimes, if not often, in anime. The girls' breast size can be subtly or immensely variant from episode to episode and season to season. It can also be from the animator's slight mistake (intentional or not is anyone's guess), like that one time in season 1 when the gang are in the beach. There was a still image of Kobato, Maria, and Sena enjoying the sea on the 2nd day, and there is Kobato, with her breasts bigger than they should be. They corrected it in the Blu-Ray. They did a lot of breast correcting in the Blu-Ray edition.
Old 2013-03-04, 09:28   Link #109
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
I think I like sena more in S2... especially in this last episode where she got Yozora back ^^; (I'm far from a yozora hater..but I am happy to see Sena getting her back in some small way..though she did pull out the b-card and smack her with it)
Old 2013-03-04, 09:37   Link #110
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
I think I like sena more in S2... especially in this last episode where she got Yozora back ^^; (I'm far from a yozora hater..but I am happy to see Sena getting her back in some small way..though she did pull out the b-card and smack her with it)
B-card? Lol no. I'm rooting for Yozora and have no interest on Sena whatsoever but Sena was so right. She destroyed Yozora with the truth. Just like how Maria destroyed Kodaka with her brutal honesty lolz
Old 2013-03-04, 20:12   Link #111
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
Lol I have no real preference on who Kodaka gets with, I just think that Yozora had a taste of her own medicine..

Heck, I actually thought Yozora was going to hit Sena.

Tags
characters