AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 15 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 04:59   Link #81
KaleRylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
I totally gave up on the idea that EVOL would deliver a solid story at this point, it's more like they decide to use the first Aquarion's rebirth of love theme to create a serie solely based on ship/troll.

Amata's great plan to defy destiny involves buying Shushu's affection, that's not quite Mykage's level but it's pretty original for sure. Sazanka and Malloy finally reveal their elements, having refrained themselves all this time in order to deliver some puns. Zessica confesses, in front of the whole Neo Deava crew... shuki?

Previous serie's flashback, so what are there two sets of Apollo and Sylvie?
Well, given that theme of the franchise IS rebirth of love, a series based on shipping seems reasonable, but I agree with you that there seems to be a bit too much creator trolling going on at this stage.

I'm still somewhat hopeful, but it seems like this series might end up sacrificing nearly all its main characters' popularity just to hide who the OTP is. I'd rather just know the reincarnations and then have a unique plot than have this whole who's who thing going on. It actually makes the characters' feelings seem less important than if they just told us the reincarnations and went from there.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:12   Link #82
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
'screw destiny' is one of the most common themes in fiction, but I don't quite get where they're going with it in this show. This is a show that is all about destiny; it's basically the whole point of the franchise (alongside robots and fanservice).

On top of that, unlike most screw destiny plots, this is a destiny that most of the hardcore fans WANT to happen, concerning characters that most fans liked. Heck, they even gave it a romantic montage in this episode. It seems weird to use a happy montage to show a romance/past/destiny that your protagonist hates and is denying him happiness. It also seems very weird to use the sequel of a show to crap all over the first show's primary romance.

Because of that, I'm going to assume that we're being trolled and at this stage nearly everything we're seeing is a red herring. The most likely example of this is that despite all of the signs to the contrary, I'm guessing Amata is Apollo. I honestly would prefer he end up with Zessica, but they've just given it so little development. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

This is the guy who ended up going with Lisa/Misa over Minmay after all.

P.S. I haven't posted here in forever, and I'm unsure of spoiler guidelines here. I don't believe I spoiled much of anything, but if I did break the rules, feel free to inform me.

They show heartwarming flashback of the lovers promises and then we're supposed to root for Amata for going against this.

There is something quite wrong there.

Also now Amata is stalking Mikono. WTF. AmataxMikono is looking worse and worse as the story progresses.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:20   Link #83
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
They show heartwarming flashback of the lovers promises and then we're supposed to root for Amata for going against this.

There is something quite wrong there.

Also now Amata is stalking Mikono. WTF. AmataxMikono is looking worse and worse as the story progresses.
Your rooting for the ultimate stalker (Kagura). I find your bias hilarious he was most probably hanging around with andy who was also there and then noticed Mikono was there and chose not to make known the fact he was there. Typically any of the more dodgy type of stalking is done alone like Kagura does.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:26   Link #84
Kakkou
Tch.

Every week I'm reminded why I hardly post in this subforum. =/

I was afraid the new op would end up being another AMV. orz. Well, at least it meant Operator Guy got to be in the OP for a split second . Plus he spoke! Feels like it's been a while since he did. Next week is swimsuits and a Cherubim? Oh my.

Had other things to say but they've been brought up already, plus I don't feel like writing it up anymore after seeing the usual dumb posts. Back to lurking I go then.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:34   Link #85
Ypocaramel

Given that both the Ginis suits are bits of their former selves, I'm only mildly surprised a Cherubim is showing up.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:37   Link #86
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Your rooting for the ultimate stalker (Kagura). I find your bias hilarious he was most probably hanging around with andy who was also there and then noticed Mikono was there and chose not to make known the fact he was there. Typically any of the more dodgy type of stalking is done alone like Kagura does.
Except that Kagura is a villain.
Kagura is stupid.
Kagura is messed up in the head.
Kagura has no other mean to meet the girl.
Kagura is manipulated by Mikage.
Kagura (wrongly or not) does it in the name of a 24 000 years old love that could destroy planet, while Amata is just stalking a girl he's not even dating yet (because he's too much of wuss to actually confess despite an extremelly favourable settling).

And I also absolutelly despise how he keeps on looking like a beaten puppy instead of actually asking Mikono about Kagura. There would be no wrong about him being a bit confrontational to Mikono, but no, he prefers lokking beaten down. Pathetic.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:48   Link #87
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I'm still curious on what's the connection of the tree of life and all of this though :< Maybe that chaos in Altair happened because of it?
Well 11 years before Aquarion an event happened that greatly reduced Earth's population. It wasn't the Shadow Angels.

The Mugen Punch from another universe (OVA) created a dimensional distortion that affected the Earth.

Altair likely was similarly affected by dimensional distortions causing an environmental collapse. In their case they did not have an Aquarion
(Wings of the Sun) and Apollonius to save them like with Vega (Aquarion TV universe).
Old 2012-04-16, 06:07   Link #88
mayumi

i am personally hoping for operator guy x zessica cause he is more good looking than amata or kagura anyway. go for him zess. amata is not worth it.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:14   Link #89
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Except that Kagura is a villain.
Kagura is stupid.
Kagura is messed up in the head.
Kagura has no other mean to meet the girl.
Kagura is manipulated by Mikage.
Kagura (wrongly or not) does it in the name of a 24 000 years old love that could destroy planet, while Amata is just stalking a girl he's not even dating yet (because he's too much of wuss to actually confess despite an extremelly favourable settling).
Is that suppose... To be your justification...?

You're... Not really good at this are you?

Quote:
And I also absolutelly despise how he keeps on looking like a beaten puppy instead of actually asking Mikono about Kagura. There would be no wrong about him being a bit confrontational to Mikono, but no, he prefers lokking beaten down. Pathetic.
*cough irony, Zessica looking on for over 5 episodes cough*

Wait, let me guess- she doesn't look like a puppy?
Old 2012-04-16, 06:14   Link #90
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Well 11 years before Aquarion an event happened that greatly reduced Earth's population. It wasn't the Shadow Angels.
I meant the reason why those machines in Altair starts malfunctioning, I didn't meant the population problem when I said that. But now that you mentioned it, I'm still into the theory that the tree of life might also has something to do with that

Quote:
The Mugen Punch from another universe (OVA) created a dimensional distortion that affected the Earth.

Altair likely was similarly affected by dimensional distortions causing an environmental collapse. In their case they did not have an Aquarion
(Wings of the Sun) and Apollonius to save them like with Vega (Aquarion TV universe).
Hmm..I know that Apollo saved the earth in OVA by creating parallel universe and we can't really confirm about the situation of the original universe in the OVA, so maybe their state is like that because of dimensional distortions might have some truth in it...if that's what you're saying. Seriously though, my mind couldn't keep up to understand about your post since I've just woke up

Old 2012-04-16, 06:29   Link #91
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is that suppose... To be your justification...?

You're... Not really good at this are you?

*cough irony, Zessica looking on for over 5 episodes cough*

Wait, let me guess- she doesn't look like a puppy?
And yet Zessica did confess. While her love is obviously one-sided and she's bound to be rejected and she knows that. What is going into Amata's way again ? Did Mikono even rejected him even once ? No. He prefers courting Chouchou than actually moving thing forward with Mikono (Seriously shitty advice here Andy).

What is keeping him away from her ? Absolutely nothing. Even Cayenne has started acknowledging him.

I hope at least Zessica and Mikono are going to stay courteous to one another.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:44   Link #92
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
And yet Zessica did confess. While her love is obviously one-sided and she's bound to be rejected and she knows that. What is going into Amata's way again ? Did Mikono even rejected him even once ? No. He prefers courting Chouchou than actually moving thing forward with Mikono (Seriously shitty advice here Andy).

What is keeping him away from her ? Absolutely nothing. Even Cayenne has started acknowledging him.

No more like Kagura cockblocked him several times. He's tried multiple times but things out of his control keep turning up. He should probably just ignore whatever outside fear and battle inducing crap goes on and just say it regardless.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:00   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Yaay! So you're willing to give Zessica 5 episodes plus to make her move, yet slams Amata on day one?

Does your hypocrisy knows no bounds?
Old 2012-04-16, 07:15   Link #94
kuromitsu

>Zuul
Just be honest and admit that you have a hate-on for Amata x Mikono, and by proxy Amata and Mikono. And that they can't do anything right as long as they don't fall for the people you want them to fall for. (Though I suppose lately you've been seeing Mikono in a more favorable light. XD) And of course Kagura and Zessica are excused for ev-e-rything because you happen to like them.

Seriously, I have my preferences and all, but at this point I just want to see Amata x Kagura as the end couple, the shipper RAGE would be beautiful.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:50   Link #95
miketyson

A few more observations now that it's had time to sink in.

Firstly, I really liked Mikono's reaction at the beginning: what she really wants is some kind of answer -- some insight into what she did and why she did it -- but she's not getting it (...and Zen won't even look at her).

Second, did we get more (trollish?) evidence that Touma=Zen? We just might have. Mikono thought she knew Touma from somewhere. The straightforward reason would be due to past-life shenanigans...but an alternative reason could be that Zen is Touma, and Mikono's subconsciously aware of the via her powers. Just putting it out there.

Finally, without picking sides on the shipping wars, what I'd most like to see happen soon would be for Mikono to ask Amata what, specifically, it is about her that he likes...
Old 2012-04-16, 07:52   Link #96
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>Zuul
Just be honest and admit that you have a hate-on for Amata x Mikono, and by proxy Amata and Mikono. And that they can't do anything right as long as they don't fall for the people you want them to fall for. (Though I suppose lately you've been seeing Mikono in a more favorable light. XD) And of course Kagura and Zessica are excused for ev-e-rything because you happen to like them.
Don't forget, that's only because Kagura/Mikono is on the rise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally got around to watch the episode, a surprisingly light hearted and fun episode despite what Zuul's less than epic raging led me to think. I was willing to give the new OP a chance, though there's really not much about it to look forward to... Did something happen at some board meeting that made them decide on the new OP and ED ?

Where was I again? Oh yes, a surprisingly light hearted episode... The drama still exist, but nothing overwhelmingly choking. The three of them got their individual pep talk by separate friends... With various results When did Andy and Mix gotten that close ? It's like they're rubbing it in... >.>

The Aquarion vs Aquarion match was long overdue, I'm completely taken off guard by how strong the [Opposing Force] was in this episode cause they sure did jacksquat last week. I've always wondered why Amata can't use his Flying ability freely in EVOL? Then again with Cayanne's upgrade I doubt it would help.

Zessica's confession was one of the highlights, this I cannot deny. But I thought it would be more hilarious if the noise disturbance happened at least one more time Of course the only thing better than her 'SUUUUKKKKIIIII' is Zen's own 'SSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

The Genesis flashback was totally unexpected (Assuming I didn't spoil myself earlier), I guess this is to show that the original story still counts and they're not just using a new one? I don't know, that's above my pay grade.

And finally, not quite sure what to make of the ending, at first I thought it was a light hearted 'Oh Shit' moment, but it turns out to be serious business Though I guess not serious enough to skip a beach episode.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:12   Link #97
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Though I guess not serious enough to skip a beach episode.
They showed a frickin' cherubim in the preview. I think it will be a very serious episode that is coated with beach episode so that people would think that next week will be light-hearted And now that you've said it..I didn't expect that Zessica would go angst after the whole thing because of the Aquarion either. Also, how did Gepard survives that blast?

Old 2012-04-16, 08:17   Link #98
wisteria233

Really at this point in time only a blind shipper would try to blame Amata and Mikono for the problems they had with starting a relationship, considering that its outside forces that are trying to tear them apart.

Really at the beginning of the series we had
-Zessica who wasn't even serious constantly messing with Amata with didn't do anything to help their relationship, as Mikono just avoided him when she did that
- Fudo's love is forbidden shtick
- Shu Shu
and
- Kagura's constant stalking

in all the episodes its pretty much been established that is Amata and Mikono were left to their own devices then they most likely would already be in a relationship.

Really all things considered Kagura hasn't spent any time with Mikono (its actually a bad thing if he does).

And Amata has never shown any romantic interest in Zessica at all, its all been pretty much one-sided (another fact that this episode has clear). Really all that stuff in the beginning was time they spent together friends, when Zessica wasn't even serious about him, and looking back at it it didn't have any romantic undertones to it either.

This episode was alright, once again Gepard isn't useless, I'm so happy for it. Sazanka the Fujioshi has the ability to corrode things, huh, what a rotten girl (bad pun).

Nice to see it cleared up, that the vision that both Kagura and Zessica saw were fake (I totally called it). Thought this does open up the possibility that Zessica is either being used by Mykage or has some sort of relation so Kagura.
As for Kagura it pretty much just confirms what we've known all along, his "visions" are fake, and were most likely planted in there by Mykage, who had knowledge of the "Skies of Aquaria" movie. Which also confirms that Mykage doesn't really know what happened 12,000 years ago, and is the person who you cannot trust on matters concerning Aquarion. Which also calls into question Kagura being Apollo, which I personally think has something to do with Amata's changed appearance (by the way I'll laugh my ass off if he really looks like Kagura).

Its also pretty interesting how Mikono displays recognition towards the memories, but did not towards Kagura or his calling her Slyvie. Which also establishes that this is the TV series Aquarion, and means that she isn't being manipulated by Mykage, but it does explain why Mykage wants her.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:21   Link #99
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
but it does explain why Mykage wants her.
Does Mykage actually wants her? He sure didn't look like it last episode...
Old 2012-04-16, 08:25   Link #100
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does Mykage actually wants her? He sure didn't look like it last episode...
I meant wants to use her.
Closed Thread