Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-24, 16:03   Link #1
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Fandubbed Bleach!

(I found this on gamefaqs earlier today, if it's "teh old", I apologize. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=e...&search=Bleach

This is a fandub in which some of the characters from Bleach have been given english voices. The results vary... Some of the voices were very good in my opinion (Hanataru and that little kid captain with white hair for example) while some didn't fit at all. (Renji )
Anyway, watch it and give your opinion of it below!
Old 2005-12-24, 16:11   Link #2
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Didn't really like the voices except for Hitsugaya :x
Old 2005-12-24, 16:12   Link #3
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Just watched. Wow..the voices were..umm..interesting? That is to say the least..

Renji's voice was outright hilarious..whenever he spoke I couldn't help but laugh a little. I didn't like any of the voices really. This makes me fear what a professional dub will be like if Bleach is ever licensed.

Hitsu's voice sounded a little like Gohans :|
Old 2005-12-24, 16:15   Link #4
KanaKaishou

Oh dear...PLEASE NO...Let's hope the pros do a better job.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:22   Link #5
Apekatt
Monkeycat

^comeon. Sure it isn't the best VA I've ever heard but it isn't THAT terrible
Old 2005-12-24, 16:24   Link #6
Taylor--
!

The sad thing is, I doubt the "pros" could do anything better.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:24   Link #7
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Ah, this should be worth watching!

*watches*

Easily the funniest thing I've seen all week. Yachiru and Momo were a bit annoying though.

EDIT- ZOMG

"I found you". Best_thing_EVAR. \- (=_=) -/
Old 2005-12-24, 16:39   Link #8
shud

The really sad thing is that this is probably better than the VA for Magna Carta on PS2 was.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:46   Link #9
Haru

Send a message via AIM to Haru
Renji made me bust a gut, that was priceless. I thought yachiru really fit though, it made me want to slam my face against my desk, the perfect hyper 6 year old vioce.
Old 2005-12-24, 16:48   Link #10
Apekatt
Monkeycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shud
The really sad thing is that this is probably better than the VA for Magna Carta on PS2 was.
The voice acting from that game is what makes me hesitate from buying it.
On topic::"I found you!" xD

Last edited by Apekatt; 2005-12-24 at 17:02.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:22   Link #11
shud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apekatt
The voice acting from that game is what makes me hesitate from buying it.
On topic::"I found you!" xD
The VA in that game will make you:

A) Hesitate in buying it
B) Wish humans didn't have voices after playing it
C) Wonder who the hell green-lighted a final production version of that game with such horrible voice acting. It seriously would have been better with the original Japanese (Korean?) voices and subtitles. WTF.

But that's neither here nor there. Another sad thing is that this probably isn't much worse from the ADV Evangelion dubbing, which, from what I can tell, often doesn't even come close to matching the subtitles.

EDIT: Why does Shunsui sound like he just got done catching "rad waves" off the coast of California? He is way more quiet and contemplative than that. Just because he's a Hippie-gami doesn't mean he sounds like a total bum.

Upon further review, all of the Japanese zanpatkouto releases are going to sound really, really bad with American voices, although these guys manage to do a pretty *decent* job.
Old 2005-12-24, 17:54   Link #12
Kona
Banned

WTF! That was horrible =/
Old 2005-12-24, 18:08   Link #13
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
Oh dear...PLEASE NO...Let's hope the pros do a better job.
URGH. Why do they bother? BTW pros never do a better job. They're worst. Fans are quite good actualy.. well, sound quality put aside.
Old 2005-12-24, 19:38   Link #14
Vicke

Some voices seemed off but otherwise, not bad
Old 2005-12-24, 19:50   Link #15
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
OMFG KENPACHI SOUNDS SO PERVERTED AND YACHIRU SOUNDS DO KIDDY AND HITSUGAYA SOUNDS SO DAM WEIRD AND ICHIGO SOUNDS SO STUPID AND RENJI SOUNDS SO... DAM UGLY-ASS BAD!!

If they take away the blood of Bleach and make it a little kiddy show I'm gonna...... The Japanese version sounds so much better. I would rather watch Japanese show without translations instead of listening to the English piece of CRAP. I mean, come on, I could do the voices wayyy better than they could do it.
Old 2005-12-24, 19:57   Link #16
shud

The problem with dubbing is that they don't really seem to get ACTORS. They find people whose voices would fit the part and cast them. They don't show situation-specific emotions or anything like that.

Also, the difference of the pacing between Japanese and English (the fact that some things take 10 seconds to say in Japanese that are 2 words in English, and vice versa) causes a lot of things to come out really weird.

Subbing is clearly the best alternative but you can't expect kids (probably the target fanbase once it comes stateside) to have the attention span to pay attention to subtitles.
Old 2005-12-24, 20:10   Link #17
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shud
The problem with dubbing is that they don't really seem to get ACTORS. They find people whose voices would fit the part and cast them. They don't show situation-specific emotions or anything like that.
alot of the voices in that video weren't too bad though. Some were though. Although I do agree with the horrible acting that plagues dubbed anime. I almost puked when I saw dubbed FMA. Ed was sopposed to be acting bad-ass and the actor was talking like he's so excited he's about to pee himself. It's like he didn't even try at all.
Old 2005-12-24, 20:43   Link #18
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
alot of the voices in that video weren't too bad though. Some were though. Although I do agree with the horrible acting that plagues dubbed anime. I almost puked when I saw dubbed FMA. Ed was sopposed to be acting bad-ass and the actor was talking like he's so excited he's about to pee himself. It's like he didn't even try at all.
Funny, Ed's english VA didn't sound like that to me at all...
Old 2005-12-24, 21:05   Link #19
shud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Yeah, the voices were unpolished but not horrible, but sometimes I really wonder where ADV and the like get their VAs from for dubbing. They are, in my estimation, probably worse than a random person you pull off the street.
Old 2005-12-24, 21:11   Link #20
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheBlade
OMFG KENPACHI SOUNDS SO PERVERTED AND YACHIRU SOUNDS DO KIDDY AND HITSUGAYA SOUNDS SO DAM WEIRD AND ICHIGO SOUNDS SO STUPID AND RENJI SOUNDS SO... DAM UGLY-ASS BAD!!

If they take away the blood of Bleach and make it a little kiddy show I'm gonna...... The Japanese version sounds so much better. I would rather watch Japanese show without translations instead of listening to the English piece of CRAP. I mean, come on, I could do the voices wayyy better than they could do it.
Yachiru is suppose to be kiddy.

I think Shunsui has a nice voice. Ukitake sounds very funny. The sound doesn't match his sick personality.
Closed Thread