AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 23:32   Link #2241
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Although Athena interests me the most, I don't any feel dislike toward any other characters, maybe some annoyance base on their behavior/characteristic not because of their fans. That just totally bias and unfair to the character.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:23   Link #2242
tsunade666

.................. while I was busy in the real world I didn't think it will escalate this much....
Poor hinatan....... I don't like the way hata did this time but oh well. I say I like it and more I don't like it. Its just to much for hina with all the courage she's mustering and then

Spoiler for BANG!:

.............waiting for the raw........................................ I don't know on what to say to hata sensei.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 04:07   Link #2243
Maydie

Spoiler for Athena will be just...:

The only reason I hate Hata btw is cuz I've noticed several times in this series, that this guy use the word "like" instead of "love". What a nice way to confuse the readers cuz "like" could be either *caring someone cuz he she important to you or *truely loving someone.

Last edited by Maydie; 2009-08-29 at 04:09. Reason: Spoiler mistake
Maydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 04:16   Link #2244
Maydie

and poor Hina she's gonna be looking so mature in front of Hayate. When she goes home she's gonna cry like hell in the corner XD. Athena finds out about it, and walks up to Hina as she is caring about her, but her face is "just as planned".
Hayate's brother is unrevealed, but I have a feeling he's an irresponsible playboy.
Old 2009-08-29, 04:24   Link #2245
Maydie

Sorry for the triple post . I forgot, when I say that I hate a certain character or Hata. I'm just saying it as a fan cuz I got angry for a while for something they did in a short scene. Why wouldn't I know that without Hata there would be no HnG and all that. Don't take those kind of comments too seriously;

Last edited by Maydie; 2009-08-29 at 04:26. Reason: Sorry for triple post..
Old 2009-08-29, 06:32   Link #2246
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

The last page of this chapter is probably the spoiler picture where he tells her that he likes Athena, or the one after that with the shocked Hina.

Let's try to guess the outcome now instead of arguing over Hata hate, or with who will he end up with, etc...

Okay, so let's say that the last page is shocked Hina after she heard that.

My prediction is that she remains composed and asks him for more info, like since when does he feel this way, what does he plan to do now, and what if she rejects him (since he told her that she said that she doesn't know him). And depending on the answer she might reconsider confessing after (if) he's rejected.

But all that is probably too long for 15 pages.

Hmmm.. let's see..

Let's say the chapter continues with Hayate still telling her about his relationship, and her standing there petrified. Then it moves on to Ayumu & Nagi, which have just concluded the museum tour. I'd like to add that Hayate & Hina are discussing this (well mostly Hayate explaining everything...) on the street in front of the museum. Right about then, or wait... let's say the chapter ended with him telling that he loves Athena like I mentioned above, and in the beginning of the new chapter we see the shocked trio who just left the museum, and heard that. Hehehe.. well I said that I'd like to add this, but it's not going to happen anyway. So basically after a few museum scenes with Nagi and Ayumu, it goes back to Hayate still explaining stuff. The climax of the arc is supposedly this chapter(239), but it might be dragged on in an unexpected way to the next chapter(240).. like Hina confessing in tears (kay, I'm exaggerating, it's not like she'd ever do that..), or some other unexpected development.

Well, I say that 240 is going to be just an ordinary chapter ending with them returning back, after he's done explaining. What happens after is anyone's guess...

Last edited by Rah; 2009-08-29 at 06:50. Reason: Tweaked~
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 07:37   Link #2247
tsunade666

Hatesensei that 239 will be the conclusion you get from the end of the world arc so no point on dragging it if we got the answer from the mouth of the person in question. And I think the last page will be the bang... I think and 240 will start with a shock hinatan but even though she's shock and feel rejected I think she's the type that's composed on this kind of situation and can handle it. She is strong and I'm not underestimating her. I will be disappointed if she start crying and all like a normal girl and saying stuff to hayate and confessing to even though you could consider it a reaction of a girl in love feeling betrayed. I think hinatan isn't like that and I'm sure she can hold her feeling for a moment until they part ways..... and maybe their we can see some tears............. well oh well I think hina isn't the type to show her weak spot in front of others specially the ultimate bakabutler that super dense that didn't even budge in front of the pink goddess...... geezz. Even though she like the moon goddess and in full thoughts of her. He should be considerate to his surroundings.
Old 2009-08-29, 08:08   Link #2248
bebichocpha

So last pic of 239 is the time to say goodbye to every misunderstanding forever ^_^ Althought I'm not very happy bc the Hina's date isn't success.
Geezzz, after 2 week looking forward to a dreamy date between Hayate and Hina.
Now waiting for chap 240, Why hata-sensei must do it, he should settles this now ( Hina confess to Hayate )
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:39   Link #2249
tsunade666

its not really a 2 weeks wait. We've been waiting for this since baka butler decide to ask hinatan to have a date as thanks though we didn't expect a confession back then by hina and I didn't expect back then that it will lead to this though after hinatan states that she will confess to hayate I already foresee this but still it sucks.

and I'm not sure on what is the title of 239 but I read an English word their " SILKY HEART " reminds me of toradora....... and what happen their. With all ryuuji first like minorin but ended up with taiga..... I wonder if it will happen in HnG
Old 2009-08-29, 09:07   Link #2250
Used Can

NAGI SHINES!

As for Hayate saying he still loves Athena, I really wonder if no one really saw it coming. Anyway, the manga isn't ending yet; so, it hasn't been decided who'll he end up with. We do not even know if he'll end up romantically involved with anyone.

All the same, I'm expecting some nice development for Athena from here onwards.

Edit: Checking the spoiler pics... hell, Hina's shocked face made me quite sad.

Anyway, there's this function on these forums called the "Ignore List":

If there's a poster you don't like you can add him to your ignore list. All you've got to do is to write his username in that box, click "Okay" and you won't see that person's posts again.

Personally, I think it is understandable to get angry at certain posters, but making a generalisation as in "x's fans are like this" is not a good thing to do. But anyway, dragging these matters only brings Internet drama, and we know how that rolls.
Old 2009-08-29, 11:22   Link #2251
aldw

The most important thing for Athena and Hayate even more than being together is for both of them to acknowledge their love for each other. Even if Hayate ends up paired with someone else or no one at all, to paraphrase Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf: "They won't be apart, they just won't be together."
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 11:53   Link #2252
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
NAGI SHINES!

Spoiler for <3:
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 12:52   Link #2253
tsunade666

brother rah nagi shines too much my eyes gone wild!

and I kinda agree with aldw with the point of hayate wouldn't end up with the one he truly likes or love it or maybe its their destiny to be meant apart. I mean their first meeting is something like fairy dream like. In their hearts their are one but hinder by the sad past and in present their present situation hinders it again plus their past. Its like a cruel love story that will never come true. Well I think hina's state is much more depressing.................. for now that is. The girl whom he meet like a dream but that dream ended up with a nightmare and years have past. Reality states that the person in question have been save again and again he make a promise with this little girl. Now the story unfolds on which will prevail. The promise before the story unfolds. A fleeting dream and fantasy of happiness that ended badly or the present promise to the one he ones his life being save with. And considering its a story of butler and his master but the real master who can it might be. A master at work or a master of the butler's heart? hmm.... I kinda hate hata sensei but the same time I like his work but really the thing that just irritates me is his cliffhanger and the way he tries to make others to have less scene even though its about them.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:09   Link #2254
Maydie

Hayate's not going to end up with anyone. It's going to be a "everyone becomes happy" ending. Or there might be a very wierd ending, After all this series belong to comedy/harem. too much love dispute going on as of now. Where did the funny things go.
Old 2009-08-29, 17:52   Link #2255
Used Can

Hata did say these chapters would be somewhat serious; so, I think it is understandable why they aren't as funny as other chapters. I think change is good sometimes. Personally, I've liked it every time Hata has kept the story serious.
Old 2009-08-29, 18:28   Link #2256
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'll have to wait for a full translation to see if Hayate said e still loves Athena or he used to love her. Either way it is a serious blow to Hina. I bet she thinks sort of like Magi on this point; Nagi believes that she couldn't win against Hina if she fell for Hayate and I bet Hina believes that she couldn't win against Athena. This could be possible since the relationships are parallel, with Nagi looking up to Hina and Hina looking up to Athena. In fact, it will probably be a plot point sooner or later, especially if Athena returns to Hakuou in later chapters.

I'm starting to develop a theory here so bear with me...

The stone given to Hayate will lead him down a dangerous path but if he can cross it without giving in to temptation (or something like that I forgot the exact phrasing) then he will find true love or great treasure (which will probably be love) or something like that. This entire plot seems to be a test for Hayate with several points where he's almost failed (or did fail but corrected himself).

1) The incident where Hayate was fired and bought by Isumi - he didn't pay attention to Nagi and got into a misunderstanding but corrected it by coming to her rescue even though he wasn't hired by her at the time
2) The incident on the bridge with Hina during the marathon - he was only thinking about the prize so that he could clear his debt, therefore he took a rash action and exploited Hina's fear of heights getting him fired (temporarily) and starting that whole 'ice age' Hina had towards him
3) I can't think of any more times where he screwed up and got a karmic bitch slap, because he seemed to have learned his lesson after the Butler Tiger Den thing but a lot of other events seem to conspire to bring him closer to different people.

I'm specifically thinking of the time Hayate had to stay at Hina's house because Nagi kicked him out (though it was largely her fault). This may even have been a 'reward' of sorts as it straightened out a lot of things that opened the way for a Hinagiku end. If he had stayed employed by Isumi he likely never would have gone to Hakuou (she wouldn't have ever thought about it probably) and he never would have met Hinagiku. If he had never corrected his mistake during the marathon then Hina would have hated him. It even seems to affect Hina, like during the clock tower scene where she just knew that if she didn't salvage the situation then she would 'lose' even thought she didn't know what it was she would lose.

Currently, I'm holding out hope that everything is just a crazy gambit that may hook Hayate and Hinagiku up so long as he doesn't screw up and ruin things. Athena could be a common obstacle for them from their past or she may be a temptress trying to lure Hayate from the proper path, who knows? But I think if there was some kind of guiding force in Hayate's life then it would explain a lot of things (such as why he is so unlucky).

As for the humor, don't worry. As soon as they go back to Japan things will get crazy and they will soon be distracted by insane antics at the school, lunatics looking to get the Sanzen'in inheritance, etc. And of course there will always be Kotetsu to lighten the mood with his widly over-the-top affection for poor Hayate. A part of me just can't help thinking that Kotetsu is there either to counter beliefs that Hayate is gay (because of the whole feminine running gag) or that Hayate just might turn gay by the end of the series (it's even been implied by Maria!). It's just that Hayate only ever acts that way around the love-struck butler that I can't help but feel he may just be tsundere for him.

Whew, that was a long post! Hope it gave you all something to think about. Can't wait for chapter 239 to see if I'm right!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 19:10   Link #2257
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I'll have to wait for a full translation to see if Hayate said e still loves Athena or he used to love her.
He said "あの人は僕の ・ ・ ・ 好きな人です。 / That's the person I love."
Old 2009-08-29, 21:44   Link #2258
primuler
Love For 3D

For some unknown reason, we have a very detailed spoiler this week. I'll translate it and put it up later if anyone here doesn't.

EDIT

Spoiler for full of errors. Will come to fix later:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-08-30 at 07:54.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:50   Link #2259
bebichocpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
For some unknown reason, we have a very detailed spoiler this week. I'll translate it and put it up later if anyone here doesn't.

EDIT

Spoiler for full of errors. Will come to fix later:
WTF , chap 239 is very weird . This is the first time i read translation before RAWs or Chinese' scanlations.

So in chap 240,Hata-sensei better doesn't let us down, can't wait for what Hina will say to respone after Hayate admit . More and more Hina's tsundere.
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:44   Link #2260
Used Can

Two things:

1. What are the chances for Hinagiku to misunderstand what he just said? Hayate was indeed clear, but he didn't say who the person he loves is (although, it should have been obvious he was talking about Athena).

2. Notice how Nagi didn't show up in the group of people Hayate thought of - unless she's below Maria, and we didn't get to see her in the spoiler pics (although that pic was big enough and looked like a full page).

Tags
comedy, shounen