AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 12:24   Link #8201
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ahhhh ok forgot, my bad. So from Pandaria he escapes and goes to the dark portal?
Old 2013-11-12, 12:47   Link #8202
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From what little we get out of Blizzard at this stage, somehow he escapes from his trail on Pandaria and used the Dark Portal to return home in the past. Probably has something to do with the Timeless Isle.

We don't know if he survived his changing time though. The Iron Horde is said to be under the leadership of his father. The Frostwolf Clan seems to be against the Iron Horde, so the Horde under Vol'jin and probably lead by Thrall, go to them.

The Alliance goes to the Draenei at what would become the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley. Looks like the Alliance will have to deal with Ner’zhul, who's joined he Iron Horde....but also Gul'dan, who is in league with the Burning Leagon (a Fel Orc).

Both Alliance ad Horde start at the Dark Portal in the Tanaan Jungle (what would be Hellfire Pennisula) to stop the Iron Horde's invasion of Azeroth (a temporary messure), and then go off to their starting zones (Alliance in Shadowmoon Valley and the Horde in Frostfire Ridge (as zone that was destroyed when the planet was destroyed.) That zone would be west of what would become the Blade Edge Mountains.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:59   Link #8203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Are there any events going on that will be removed later? like Thrall fighting Garrosh before MoP expansion?
Old 2013-11-12, 17:10   Link #8204
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unknown.

We have just a bit of info from Blizcon and that's about it. Some background details, but not all that many story details beyond that.

There is a few details on the zones, what Hellscream did (sort of), and small details about essentally Warcraft and Warcraft II (and some Warcraft III) Orc heros without having drunk the Demon Blood. Not much else in terms of stories and certainly nothing on what happens in Azeroth aside from just outside the Dark Portal and the invasion of the Iron Horde leading up to the Alliance and Horde going in to deal with them.

From Bashiok on the WoW Forum:

Quote:
Right. Garrosh goes back to Draenor and starts messing with things to make his perfect Horde which creates an alternate timeline. From that alternate timeline they find a way to come through the Dark Portal to our present. A very real danger to our current Azeroth, but changes on the alternate timeline's past would not affect our present (except for the angry murder-orcs spilling out of the Dark Portal).

As Dave said it's not something you need to worry about, this isn't the time travel/paradox expansion; it's about exploring that setting, visiting those locations, meeting or facing these legendary names and figures from the past, and experiencing some extremely important settings of Warcraft's history in a bigger way than we've ever done before.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:44   Link #8205
Wigwams

From what I gathered:
1) Garrosh escapes from Pandaria thanks to a bronze dragon and travels back in time
2) He arrives in Draenor just in time to stop the orc clans from drinking Mannoroth's blood
3) Instead of fel blood, the orcs turn to "advance" technology brought by Garrosh
4) The orc clans unite into the Iron Horde led by Grom Hellscream
5) The Iron Horde plans to invade present time Azeroth via the Dark Portal which now serves as a time travel machine
6) As players your job is to stop the invasion, so you go back to the past and contain the threat there
Old 2013-11-12, 19:04   Link #8206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The suggestion is that this expansion will lead into the next one, so that from Pandaria forwards, the story is more intact instead of us going from one lore character point to a completely different one that has no relation at all (Burning Crusade had no tie in with Wrath of the Lich King which has almost no tie in with Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria that has almost no tie in aside from Deathwing's destruction and the renewed war leading us to find Pandaria and the Wandering Isle.

It could be from Cataclysm forward, but only in a general sense with Hellscream's raise and fall as a Warchief.
Old 2013-11-27, 02:17   Link #8207
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ds-of-draenor/

The new stats make it sound like a diablo game...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 02:41   Link #8208
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ds-of-draenor/

The new stats make it sound like a diablo game...
That's probably a good thing, depending on how you look at it.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 05:37   Link #8209
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

(I assuming the biggest impact will be on PvE since PvP gears, when I last played, are standardized: you just want your gladiator gear due to resil)

cleave/lifedrain/heal on damage taken just sound too powerful to pass up.

"I need to wait for this item to drop AND I hope it will have this one bonus stat".

I think what Blizzard wants to do is to give some form a purpose of farming a raid instead of gearing alts.

Even if stacking all cleave on every piece of gear only gives 5% bonus cleave damage, 5% is a LOT of dps in the min/max world. Healing on damage taken can also be... very interesting on those AoE fights (thinking of halfus whelps).

The idea of primary stat alternating is rather interesting: I can see a ret pally being able to act as a part time healer (enchants/gems might be all wrong and not statistically optimized).

Tank gear remain a problem: no one need that new "defense" stat except tanks.

I honestly think they should work on the 2ndary stats so tank gears can be gotten rid of. There is also this... concept... where people think tank dps shouldn't be "high" which I have always disagreed with (vengeance and other on-hit abilities already cripple a tank's dps who isnt tanking).

I don't know - I have no intention of playing the game again. If somehow someone can hook me up to the beta I might give that a shot... but I don't think I will bother playing live servers.

I also think blizzard should work really hard in teaching people how to play the game. The game imo isn't exactly friendly to new players who wish to step into the serious PvE path. Itemization isn't very self explanatory to new players nor is the priority system...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 05:44   Link #8210
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Finally got around to completing the Wrathion questline after Garrosh, and I have to say it was pretty awesome. Wrathion's dialog and reactions were great. Auntie Onyxia indeed, haha.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:23   Link #8211
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm starting to have fun again. To some extent. I only play for an hour or two a night now, with maybe some raid finder stuff during the day. Still got a long way to got for Wrathion's quests since I stopped for a very long time and don't raid much.

But with Timeless Isle, I was able to get at least reasonable gear after having stopped during 5.2 and not quite being fully epiced out even then. Plus going around and finding stuff was something I use to like early in WoW. In the days when Goldshire was this big place down the road, and Stormwind was HUGE. When the overlook to the mines south of Goldshire was a big thing and you couldn't pathom how you would survive all the red named monsters.

Also, slightly later on...the warlock quest that took you to the Barrens. That was a trip. Horde territory! (it was a PVE server so it wasn't that bad...but I didn't know that) Plus I took the wrong boat and ran from Theramore to the Barrens.
Old 2014-01-20, 05:11   Link #8212
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still on Wrathion's legendary quest lines. I figure it will take a few weeks to finish if the drop rate for stuff is not all that good in raid finder. Especially since the stuff only drops in throne of thunder raid and the first half of the seige of Orgimmar. Finishin his valor quest early this week (1000 more valor to go) then convince my guild to do that stuff again even through they just did it two or three weeks ago. The pvp stuff will probably be annoying. It almos always is when you spend most of your time on a pve server so you don't have to worry about Horde players ganking you. (I have been readly careful on the Timeless Isle in not using aoe when I start seeing either flagged horde (usually from Llane server) or alliance looking for bloody coins on Arygos. I just don't want to deal with both pvp and elite mobs.
Old 2014-01-23, 19:40   Link #8213
Mr Hat and Clogs

They released some pictures of the new human female model today. Have to say it looks pretty damn awesome. I'm just happy about the really long pony tail now, good times.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-24, 00:18   Link #8214
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Very nice
Old 2014-01-24, 00:39   Link #8215
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All the Kyon's will be happy.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:25   Link #8216
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

World of Warcraft subscription up to 7.8 million in Q4 2013 from 7.6 million in Q3 2013.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:41   Link #8217
GDB

So, what's this I heard about buying the next expansion giving you a free level 90? Saw it on mmo champion, but it looked like a PTR note. If it does actually give you a free level 90, I might give it a shot again over the summer. Depends on how busy I actually get.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:36   Link #8218
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yeah, next expansion will let upgrade 1 character, existing or new, to level 90. You'll also be able to spend money on getting a level 90 upgrade for any additional characters.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:45   Link #8219
GDB

That's kind of neat. I stopped back in Cataclysm, so I guess the upgrade basically lets you skip Pandaria on that character, in a sense? Now the question is, when is the expansion due, and which of my hybrids (because somehow, that's all I had) would I raise up... Warrior, Paladin, or Monk (which I'd have to make fresh)...

I guess the former question is more important, since if it doesn't come out until September or later then I might as well not even bother giving it another thought.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 21:48   Link #8220
Mr Hat and Clogs

When it was first announced it was a feature of the x-pac that you get one free level 90 boost to be able to play with a friend or whatever. But recently I've heard that its a pre-order bonus. However with the way things are I suspect it will be an option in the cash shop that gets implemented to be able to level a character up.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows