AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-04-30, 22:00   Link #8821
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't Mikuru trying to avoid telling Kyon the secret of why they were really digging when discussing future events since she was in on Haruhi's game? So therefore shouldn't Mitsuuru be in on whatever Haruki has planned and be keeping the reasons behind their activities from Kyoon-chan?

Would Haruki take the Hosaka route and have his White Day item ready for V-day? But as a group wth Mitsuuru and Yuuki?

Haruhi's chocolates gesture worked better because Kyon has totally forgotten what day it was. That doesn't work in reverse since it would need to be Kyon-chan that gives Haruki chocolates and Kyon-chan's mind is far, far away from V-day. Would it make sense to skip over V-day and have this episode fit around White Day instead...somehow working in Kyon-chan giving chocolates to Haruki, Mitsuuru, and Yuuki in the Prologue or a new side chapter?
Old 2008-04-30, 22:04   Link #8822
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wasn't Mikuru trying to avoid telling Kyon the secret of why they were really digging when discussing future events since she was in on Haruhi's game? So therefore shouldn't Mitsuuru be in on whatever Haruki has planned and be keeping the reasons behind their activities from Kyoon-chan?

Would Haruki take the Hosaka route and have his White Day item ready for V-day? But as a group wth Mitsuuru and Yuuki?

Haruhi's chocolates gesture worked better because Kyon has totally forgotten what day it was. That doesn't work in reverse since it would need to be Kyon-chan that gives Haruki chocolates and Kyon-chan's mind is far, far away from V-day. Would it make sense to skip over V-day and have this episode fit around White Day instead...somehow working in Kyon-chan giving chocolates to Haruki, Mitsuuru, and Yuuki in the Prologue or a new side chapter?
We can't mess with canon placement.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:13   Link #8823
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Mitsuuru is now a recipient, rather than a conspirator. He has no reason to hide what happens on Valentines Day, so we could simply have another time travel self-consistent event. He tells Kyonko that's what she did for Valentines Day, therefore she must do it. For lulz have future Kyonko send the chocolates back in time with Mitsuuru, feeding them week old chocolates from the future.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:23   Link #8824
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
When thinking of Mitsuru's voice, I thought of Quatre(?) from Gundam Wing.

I still think name change is in order. Because in my mind, THIS will always be Mitsuru.

Spoiler for MITSURU-SENPAI!:
I suspect other people might like this, but now I feel dirty. Stop sullying me with unattractive women!

This all goes to show that I am broken.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:23   Link #8825
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I still don't think we should remove it from our rewrites.
You don't have to, and I'm not even sure how I implied that. I'm merely saying that Haruhi created that rule as an excuse to get Kyon to pay for them, which is supported by the fact that the entire brigade(with the exception of Kyon, as he made sure to arrive earlier than anyone else could have) showed up at the meeting place in a group in Volume 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That doesn't seem to quite work. Japan has developed it's own well established rules of valentines day. Girls give guys chocolate on V-day, and guys return the favor on white day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
I heartily agree with what's written here. The rules of V day is so entrenched in Japan and Korea that it's unlikely that even Haruki will try to change it.
That "idea" was mainly an attempt to save face after a bit of a blunder on my part... which ironically backfired, as I ended up making things worse for myself.

... Maybe I should just start removing parts of my messages I think are errors when I edit instead of trying to "correct" them with an addition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
So why not Itsuko have everything set up? She's part of the Organization and they'd know how important it is for Haruki's state of mind that he receive a chocolate from Kyonko.

The treasure-digging, instead of being an excuse to give chocolate, can just be an excuse to spend the day together.
Or, it could be a way to keep his mind from going completely haywire over whether or not he'd actually get anything. Also, thanks for the (possibly unintentional) save there.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:39   Link #8826
Discreet
The Fascist

It was intentional, but after those last few posts I see now that this problem is not that easily solved.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 22:47   Link #8827
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
That "idea" was mainly an attempt to save face after a bit of a blunder on my part... which ironically backfired, as I ended up making things worse for myself.

... Maybe I should just start removing parts of my messages I think are errors when I edit instead of trying to "correct" them with an addition...
It was done in good intentions I'm assuming? But yeah, I think some of us is underestimating just how some things are entrenched in the Oriental culture. Believe me, trying to change those is like trying to bring the sky down.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:14   Link #8828
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Believe me, trying to change those is like trying to bring the sky down.
... amusingly, that sounds like something either Suzumiya would claim to actually wish to attempt... key word being "claim," otherwise the sky really would fall.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-04-30, 23:57   Link #8829
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Believe me, trying to change those is like trying to bring the sky down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... amusingly, that sounds like something either Suzumiya would claim to actually wish to attempt... key word being "claim," otherwise the sky really would fall.
Yeah, I read that and thought "Wait, have you forgotten who we are talking about? Do you need me to repeat it another 15,498 times?"
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:59   Link #8830
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Bah. It was just a bad comparison. lol
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:24   Link #8831
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post
Yeah, I read that and thought "Wait, have you forgotten who we are talking about? Do you need me to repeat it another 15,498 times?"
It it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it... sorry, I couldn't resist that one
Old 2008-05-01, 00:26   Link #8832
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:28   Link #8833
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait, they haven't gotten you a Kyonko version of that yet? Bad minions.

(And just what is that icon of yours anyway?)
Old 2008-05-01, 00:30   Link #8834
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Wait, they haven't gotten you a Kyonko version of that yet? Bad minions.
Yeah... frickin' slackers.

Quote:
(And just what is that icon of yours anyway?)
Shinigami-sama/Teh Grim Reaper as portrayed in Soul Eater. Badass show, and also quite lulz worthy.

Also, Maka vs. Soul has many similarities to Kyonko vs Haruki in my opinion.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:33   Link #8835
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Damn it... I've been playing too much Guitar Hero... I initially read that as "Grim Ripper"...
Old 2008-05-01, 05:52   Link #8836
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post

*snipped kyon-sigh*
What? You assemble a group of Suzumiya fans in one area, and you DONT expect this?

And damn you, now I have another reason to watch Soul Eater.
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 06:18   Link #8837
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

1.Haruki going ahead and doing white day on V-day still won't change the fact he didn't get any chocolate.

2.Even Haruki comprehends how pathetic it is to ask/demand for chocolate (Nobody wants to just give any to you?)

3.Greater entertainment can be derived by having Haruki fret, Kyonko be oblivious, and the organization tripping over themselves trying to figure out a solutions.

Would Itskui be blunt enough to walk up to Kyonko and order her to Make chocolate at least for everyone?

Quote:
Would it make sense to skip over V-day and have this episode fit around White Day instead...somehow working in Kyon-chan giving chocolates to Haruki, Mitsuuru, and Yuuki in the Prologue or a new side chapter?
Kyonko would need to be motivated to make chocolate for Haruki. If left to her own devices, she'd probably just buy/make it for Yuuki and Mitsuru.

Haruki usually doesn't invoke Kyonko's most sentimental personalty the way that Mitsuru and Yuuki seem to, and Haruki's constant rambling regarding love as a mental illness are hardly things that would motivate Kyonko to give Haruki chocolate.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2008-05-01 at 07:10.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 10:44   Link #8838
kaura117
Word Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I suspect other people might like this, but now I feel dirty. Stop sullying me with unattractive women!

This all goes to show that I am broken.
To be fair, that's not the best fanart of Mitsuru by any amount.

Hotter! IT MUST BE HOTTER! The red hair, those sultry lips, those deep, chilling eyes...

(she's my favorite of the Persona 3 girls. Can ye tell? >_>)
kaura117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 11:19   Link #8839
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post
To be fair, that's not the best fanart of Mitsuru by any amount.

Hotter! IT MUST BE HOTTER! The red hair, those sultry lips, those deep, chilling eyes...

(she's my favorite of the Persona 3 girls. Can ye tell? >_>)
That melonpan...*shudder* I should get around to playing that.

Edit: Also, for red hair and eyes, I prefer Shana. ^_^
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 11:33   Link #8840
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Time to release my random creativity

I think the idea of Itsuko arranging the V-Day event does work, at least somewhat. After all, it would work with the fact that there's almost no way to make Kyonko even think of giving chocolate to anyone in her current situation. She wouldn't, but Itsuko's plot (sounds creepy...) would leave Haruki under the assumption that he did receive chocolate from Kyonko. Of course, that would be less cute than Kyonko actually giving him some, but with her personality, it is indeed a bit hard to come up with a reason for her to do it.

As for why Haruki wants to go treasure hunting in the first place... Well, Itsuko could just tell him that she knows of a legend involving a treasure buried in the location. However, she would do it in a rather obvious way; in other words, intentionally give Haruki the impression that she's not telling him the truth. And since her suggestion involves all of them going, most notably Kyonko, and Haruki has been despairing over whether or not he'll get anything, he would pretend to go along. Of course, in the end he'd just announce how he saw through the plan from the moment he heard of it, which would give Kyonko a way to realize what was really going on.

Maybe not the best idea in the world, but that's one way I can imagine being even remotely possible. However, the whole Mitsuuru part does probably mess it up a little. The only reason I can imagine for him to want to be secretive is that he too assumes that Kyonko is in the plot (and thus thinks she knows what it going on at the treasure hunt), and doesn't want to... err... ruin it for her?

Unfortunately, that's all I can think of. Hopefully it'll at least inspire someone into coming up with something better, as that might be (more than) a little too complicated.

Last edited by Puffendahl; 2008-05-01 at 11:52.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan