AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the color of the forum skin you use?
Default [brown] (AnimeSuki Default, AnimeSuki Compressed, what's a skin?) 54 73.97%
Changed [blue] (vBulletin, AnimeSuki Blue) 19 26.03%
I use both (neither one is dominant) 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-29, 16:34   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What forum skin do you use? (useful for artists to know)

Have you changed the forum skin from the default, and if so, which one are you using?

I ask this question because in creating images for use on the forums, it's possible to have a picture that uses transparency. However, this requires that you use either GIF, PNG-8, or PNG-24; the first two offer reduced colors and the latter generally offers a higher filesize over JPEG. However, by making the transparent areas the color of the forum background they will take on a transparent appearence regardless, allowing JPEG to still be used. (Yes, I'm a cheap artist )

Of course, this won't work if people are using a forum skin that uses a different background color from the one you used. I suspect that the vast majority of people are using the default, and I'd like to confirm that. (I know that NoSanninWa at the very least is using a different skin.) Thanks for your participation!

Note to moderators: I'm surprised that this topic hasn't been created before as it seems to be the perfect cheezy poll topic - I did a search but couldn't find one. Apologies if it already exists.

Last edited by Ledgem; 2008-02-29 at 16:39. Reason: Typo
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 16:35   Link #2
Dxon
Inactive Member

Is it possible to change?

I use default. Fresh on the eye. Didn't try the others though. Might try them once.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 16:37   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've never even thought about "skin" alternatives. The default is really easy on the eyes unless the poster chooses a garish font color.

Of course, now that you've mentioned it, I should go see what choices exist

edit: I tried AS blue for while but fell back to the default "beige and muck" color palette -- less glare.
Old 2008-02-29, 16:52   Link #4
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Y'know, I hadn't even pondered upon different skins for the forum. I agree with the sentiment that the default looks very nice and is easy to read.

The hidden message in my sig is intended for broken browsers, but would show up on alternate background colors. I will have to re-evaluate based on the idea of alternate skins (and I'm ashamed that I hadn't considered it.).

Edit: Yeah, the alternatives are too garish. I'm definitely sticking with the default. Fortunately, my sig's message doesn't stand out too badly on the blue background, so I won't have to change anything.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:00   Link #5
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Ive always used the Blue skin. For some reason I've always swiched away from the default skin, I've no idea why though. Now that i think about it, the default skin isnt really that bad
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:00   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It's rather strange that when you become used to "something", then you generally wouldn't want to change or would look at change with a negative view. This is the same with the defult skin as I feel that there is no point trying to fix that which is unbroken

Gray and boring banzai!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:35   Link #7
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

For some reason, after account creation, it's always been AS blue. I don't think I switched it either. Fits better with the sky blue banners that we have than the default, IMHO.
Old 2008-02-29, 17:44   Link #8
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I used the standard brown/tan for a while, but switched to the blue a few months ago. Blue is easier on my eyes and the various signatures/banners, etc., flow better. There's the occasional case of "fake" transparency that is intended for the default color, but no biggie.
Old 2008-02-29, 18:12   Link #9
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I also went for default. It's kinda funny, though, that this thread is made just before I was trying out other skins. But the default one is easier on the eyes, plus, it feels more like Animesuki. Changing to other ones make me feel me I'm on a completely different but typical forum.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:24   Link #10
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

pssh default FTW lol i've always used default
Old 2008-02-29, 20:04   Link #11
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Poll seems a little silly... if you wanted to know, you only had to ask ...
Spoiler for Stats:
That said, this doesn't take into account "cookie" selected styles... which you get from using the drop down in the bottom left hand corner.

Edit: That works out at ratio of ~25:1 (Brown:Blue; 244:6126; 96% using brown) looking at active users only and assuming anyone who bothered to change to blue is actually active, fairly likely I would say...

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-02-29 at 20:21.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 20:26   Link #12
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Always used the default AS skin from the time I registered here, because it's gentle to the eyes.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 20:33   Link #13
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I use blue since I got my new monitor. Changing from a 6bit to 8bit panel really made the default skin look... funky, the blue is much easier on the eyes to me now. That said, I'd certainly like more options. =p
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 20:38   Link #14
Shana

I use the default one, too. I, since a months ago, didn't really know that I could change the Forum skins since I went to another vBulletin Forum when they named the skins, and so I came to AnimeSuki and checked if there was any other skin; I saw the blue skin, I used it a few hours, but it didn't seem to be ASuki, but another typical and common forum.

And so, I love brown, it looks like a chocolate bar lol
Old 2008-02-29, 20:42   Link #15
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I didn't even know we had another skin.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:09   Link #16
Nemu

I didn't know we had other skins until I saw this thread, so currently I'm using the blue skin. ^^'

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:25   Link #17
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Brown/Cream. The soft color fits the home-like atmosphere of Animesuki.

Plus, it fits my signature Royal Blue writings.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:37   Link #18
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

I used to be un-satisfied with default but never realized that we had another option, and all of a sudden, default seems so tender to the eye

But I do want alter color schemes, something along the line of bright, and colourful, because the current one is getting dull considering i visit a lot of chinese forums, they either change every 2-3 months or have 8-10 beautiful alters.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:50   Link #19
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I'm using the default because I've never really bothered looking at the other skins on any of the forums I'm registered on.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 21:56   Link #20
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

i use the default, the blue is way to bright and hurts the eyes if your on long enough.

EDIT: It would be nice to have several colors to choose from.
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote