Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 01:32   Link #901
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
How long does it have to be for "NEXT Generation" suits to be made.

GNX-IIIs, Aheads, and Trilobites are all still new...VERY new.
Weapon innovation is constant. The moment a new weapon is created, they go and start working on improving on it.
Old 2009-06-23, 01:59   Link #902
Ypocaramel

I've always thought Aheads were the replacement for GN-XIII, but seeing how the GN-XIII are pretty useless against the Gundams I was always looking forward to an upgrade package or refit that either improves or repositions the GN-XIII to be more useful.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 02:11   Link #903
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I've always thought Aheads were the replacement for GN-XIII, but seeing how the GN-XIII are pretty useless against the Gundams I was always looking forward to an upgrade package or refit that either improves or repositions the GN-XIII to be more useful.
The thing about the Ahead, though, is that its exclusive to A-LAWS. The GN-XIV would've likely been what the EF would have upgraded to. Plus, the Ahead is a weapon for ace pilots and commanders.
Old 2009-06-23, 02:50   Link #904
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
At the same time though,I do agree with you.The Ahead's manual did say that it evolved from the GN-X line making it sorta of like the succesor to the GN-X series of sorts,being the 4th Generation Gundam tech equivalant of the GN-X series.

My hypothesis on the GN-X IV is that it's the next level upgrade for the Original GN-X series.The GN-X III while an improvement over the GN-X,is still not on par with any of the 4th Generation Gundams,making the GN-X III sort of like a 3.5 Generation Gundam level.

The GN-X IV may be sort of like a 3.75 Gundam Generation equivalant,an improvement in technology and performence but retains much of the basis of everything else in the GN-X series,which has known to not change much over each subsequent generation of it's own series.From this point of view,I'm intepreating the word "next generation machine" to refer to the next generation of the GN-X.

Alternatively,the GN-X IV may aim to make something close to a 4th Gen performence but not the same as the Ahead but with economic advantages.

At least compared to the Aheads so far,they are alot more GN-X IIIs,so the attempt to make GN-X IVs could be a way to produce cheap massively advanced machines something the Aheads have achieved to a certain degree only,we know that they are less than 100 of them,possibly alot less than that number;making the Ahead a luxirious machine of sorts,not at the GNZ or Gundam exclusive level but sort of exclusive.

The GN-X IV may attempt to make a more cheap middle-class cost machines thats more affordable to make and more widely used,but may incorparate 4th Gundam Generation level tech and performance.The name GN-X may also stay on because of the basic machine design,which may still resemble the Original GN-X,making it a continues model trademark unlike the Ahead model which does not possess much characteristics of the GN-X in terms of external design so they may have avoided calling it by the GN-X name ,even if it is base on the GN-X line.

Starting to like the GN-X series more,certainly quite a nice mass produced series.I hope we'll see more of it in the future.

I want to see a transformable GN-X one day.A real jet transformable one.
Old 2009-06-23, 02:55   Link #905
furato
Chronic Googler

Nice Superbia.
I always like the GN-X best when we're talking Earth's mobile suits... too bad gunpla economy calls for new designs in S2 rather than just building on an existing model.

Also, who was it that mentioned 00I before? Because that's exactly the name of the new sidestory manga, announced in one of this month's magazines: http://zip.4chan.org/m/res/3444527.html#3445499
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 03:22   Link #906
calubin_175

GN-X IV would be better than the Ahead economically as they can just refit existing frames. Most Aheads would have been destroyed already.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 08:26   Link #907
Code
最強の剣

Maybe it's just me, but I find the face design of the Superbia to be really sleek.
Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 08:46   Link #908
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Gundam 00I

From Good Haro
Quote:
Gundam 00I will be starting serialization in next month’s Gundam Ace.
It’s the story of the Innovaids awoken in the midst of 00’s second season.
Quote:
Hobby Japan’s 00V is related to the movie.
Celestial Being, the spaceship containing Veda, is under the current Federation’s control and it appears that investigation [of the ship] is in progress.

Last edited by Nightwing(T_T); 2009-06-23 at 09:11.
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 10:13   Link #909
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Gundam 00I

'kay. I'm in.

Looking at the last image, why do I have a feeling he'd say "Zetsuboushita" instead at first?
Old 2009-06-23, 10:33   Link #910
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Gundam 00I

From Good Haro
Dies of happiness but im a little worried about CB ship O_O
Old 2009-06-23, 11:34   Link #911
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On the XN Raiser:

Spoiler for Model Pics:

Not gonna say much about the model-only compatibility perk, but two interesting things about the XN Raiser:

- It provides an additional arm + hand to the MS it's equipped with, as shown with it holding Cherudim's GN Handguns and the XN Raiser being used to hold the Seravee's GN Bazooka in an unconventional manner
- The GN Buster Sword III's can combine to form one large sword as shown in the Susanowo image

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 12:01   Link #912
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Can't help but thinking about Super Gundam .
I guess it need an addition pilot after all.
Old 2009-06-23, 17:45   Link #913
calubin_175

I hope 00I will position the Innovades as the protagonists, then I'll just have to wait for another one that is from the ESF's perspective. Most likely we'll see all the missing GNZ numbers.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 18:40   Link #914
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know, I don't think having a next generation of GNX suits is gonna help.

God only knows what HAX factor the newer Gundams in the movie will have. Especially if we get two 00 Gundams.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:19   Link #915
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I really want to know what that MS in the pics are.Reminds me of the TDS system,even has the same OO effect as Trans-Am 00.I swear that's a rifle though.
Old 2009-06-23, 20:27   Link #916
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think that is the 00 Gundam. Feet look the same.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:31   Link #917
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It looks like another MS, but on closer inspection, it's just the 00 Gundam.

- 4 spiked V-Fin with the vertical fins being much longer
- Shoulder located GN Drives
- Foot and leg design, which is that of the 00's.

The rifle is a bit different, then again the GN Sword II's have been known to operate in a hybrid mode in gun form but with the blade in sword mode, which would give it a slender profile.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:35   Link #918
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... I never once saw it as anything but the 00 Gundam. Only thing it could be, really.
Old 2009-06-23, 20:46   Link #919
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

On closer inspection it is the 00.The rifle I guess could be the GN-Sword II.

Interestingly,it's doing the OO effect without Raiser attached.......and of course a blazing town of fire which makes it look like it attacked it but not necessarily.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:05   Link #920
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The 00 fired off small rings of light whenever it launched from the Ptolemaios II, if I remember correctly.