Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-03, 14:09   Link #461
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Fantastic news. She's one of the few I can picture measuring up to (and possibly surpassing) Kenji Kawai's already magnificent scores for FSN and UBW.

As for those saying KnK was her best work, go play Xenosaga Episode III kthx.
Measuring up? She's going to blow him out of the water. The soundtrack for UBW was extremely poor save for 1 or 2 nice tracks (which were often misplaced anyways).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:12   Link #462
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Yuki Kajiura is sure to do a great job anyway, but if Fate/Zero OST turns out like Tsubasa Chronicle, I'll need all blood donors I can get.
Kajiura's music, ufotable's animation (and it's usually of enough quality even in TV shows), Urobuchi's script and all of that superviswd by the director of Kara no Kyoukai... And here I thought I would have nothing more to look forward to after July.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:53   Link #463
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Heard it, and still say her KnK work was better. It's the first time a Kajiura score actually stands out, and doesn't sound like everything else she usually does.
...Really? KnK's stood out while Xenosaga's didn't and KnK doesn't sound like her typical work?

Cause KnK's soundtrack is vintage Kajiura. I could tell from a mile away it was her work even before reading about it. It's her typical operatic style with a pop beat and epic choir chants.

Whereas in Xenosaga III you had stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgihdsL8Dw

Now that was unlike most everything she'd done before and heart wrenchingly beautiful to boot.

Oh well, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Measuring up? She's going to blow him out of the water. The soundtrack for UBW was extremely poor save for 1 or 2 nice tracks (which were often misplaced anyways).
Now that you mention it the UBW score was rather disappointing. I keep throwing the two soundtracks together, but UBW's really did not measure up to TV series'.

But to say anyone, even someone as talented as Kajiura, is definitely going to blow the TV series' score out of the water is still getting ahead of ourselves as far as I'm concerned. I fully believe she can do it, seeing as she is probably my favorite composer of all time, but Kawai's definitely no slouch and tracks like Kishi Ou no Hokori, Uragiri no Majo and of course his version of Emiya proved it, with his music fitting FSN's setting very well, not to mention his other performances in equally high quality scores such as Ghost in the Shell's and stuff.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:58   Link #464
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Now that you mention it the UBW score was rather disappointing. I keep throwing the two soundtracks together, but UBW's really did not measure up to TV series'.

But to say anyone, even someone as talented as Kajiura, is definitely going to blow the TV series' score out of the water is still getting ahead of ourselves as far as I'm concerned. I fully believe she can do it, seeing as she is probably my favorite composer of all time, but Kawai's definitely no slouch and tracks like Kishi Ou no Hokori, Uragiri no Majo and of course his version of Emiya proved it, with his music fitting FSN's setting very well, not to mention his other performances in equally high quality scores such as Ghost in the Shell's and stuff.
Hah, well I'm definitely a Kaijura fanboy so don't mind me. I don't really blame Kenji Kawaii's poor work on UBW on him, but rather just the failure of a movie that DEEN made it. With each scene so disjointed, jumping from place to place without emotional build up, how was it even possible to have good music placement?

I'm aware he can do good work, and the original Fate/stay night OST was good, just that I think Kaijura is a bit more talented .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 14:59   Link #465
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

You're seem to be forgetting that Xenosaga III gave us the standard fare with tracks like Godsibb and Promised Pain, which (along with Hepatica #2) are the only tracks keeping the Xenosaga III score anywhere above average for me.
Old 2011-05-03, 15:06   Link #466
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Where can I watch the PV?? Or is it not released online yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
First Madoka, and now Fate/Zero. So far 2011 is shaping up to be one of the greatest years of anime.
Best anime of 2011 will be a very tough call.
Old 2011-05-03, 15:09   Link #467
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Now that was unlike most everything she'd done before and heart wrenchingly beautiful to boot.
Do you not remember the Tsubasa Chronicle soundtrack? There were a number of pieces that sounded just like this.

Don't get me wrong, i adore her work for Xenosaga III, just that personally her KnK score blows it away. Kajiura's recent Madoka score would place pretty high as well, though just waiting for the soundtrack release.
Old 2011-05-03, 15:31   Link #468
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Hah, well I'm definitely a Kaijura fanboy so don't mind me. I don't really blame Kenji Kawaii's poor work on UBW on him, but rather just the failure of a movie that DEEN made it. With each scene so disjointed, jumping from place to place without emotional build up, how was it even possible to have good music placement?

I'm aware he can do good work, and the original Fate/stay night OST was good, just that I think Kaijura is a bit more talented .
True that, hard to fault to guy when the material he had to work with was so mediocre. And yeah like I said Kajiura is the cream of the crop as far as animu composers go for me too, but I still think we shouldn't put down poor Kawai just because he's not quite on the same level as a musical goddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You're seem to be forgetting that Xenosaga III gave us the standard fare with tracks like Godsibb and Promised Pain, which (along with Hepatica #2) are the only tracks keeping the Xenosaga III score anywhere above average for me.
I didn't forget them, but those two are pretty much it for the typical Kajiura style I mentioned earlier in Xenosaga III's score. Most songs are actually piano and strings based. And hey maybe you're just forgetting tracks yourself, such as Creeping Into, The Harsh Truth, Hepatica (KOS-MOS), Testament, Febronia #2 and Maybe Tomorrow, as well as unreleased tracks like chaos & Nephilim, I love you sincerely, Abel's Ark, etc, hence underrating the score. Either that or your ears were simply malfunctioning while playing the game, I guess. D:

But I digress, Xenosaga III contains not only my favourite soundtrack, but is also my favourite game, so I can't help but get defensive about it like this. But the series' music really is damn good, especially if we add Kajiura's work in Episode II (particularly stuff like this, another very original Kajiura song). Too bad she only did the cutscene music in that one and the in-game music was cookie cutter, throwaway crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do you not remember the Tsubasa Chronicle soundtrack? There were a number of pieces that sounded just like this.

Don't get me wrong, i adore her work for Xenosaga III, just that personally her KnK score blows it away. Kajiura's recent Madoka score would place pretty high as well, though just waiting for the soundtrack release.
I haven't watched Tsubasa Chronicle. I've listened to a lot of random tracks from its soundtrack on youtube though and none sounded quite like that if you ask me, but whatever. It's obvious Kajiura has a very well defined personal style, so naturally a lot of fans of her previous works will recognize her touch even in newer soundtracks, but to me Xenosaga's still differed more from what I've come to expect from her than KnK's. But like you with Xenosaga, I'm not putting its quality in question of course. Still a top tier OST overall.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 15:49   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll admit, i was hoping Kenji Kawai would score Fate/Zero. Personally i found his work for F/SN fit the story nicely, which some seriously good music placement. Maybe not UBW not so much, though it was still a damn good soundtrack overall.

Though at the end of the day, you just can't go wrong with Yuki Kajiura. I'm hoping we hear a sneak peak of what she has ready for us in the PV.
Old 2011-05-03, 16:29   Link #470
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
And hey maybe you're just forgetting tracks yourself, such as Creeping Into, The Harsh Truth, Hepatica (KOS-MOS), Testament, Febronia #2 and Maybe Tomorrow, as well as unreleased tracks like chaos & Nephilim, I love you sincerely, Abel's Ark, etc, hence underrating the score. Either that or your ears were simply malfunctioning while playing the game, I guess. D:
I didn't forget and my ears weren't malfunctioning when I listened to the CD version I imported. They just didn't do anything for me.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I have nothing against Kajiura doing the score; I happen to enjoy a lot of her work. My only complaint is that we already have a pretty good idea of what it'll sound like.
Old 2011-05-03, 21:02   Link #471
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I didn't forget and my ears weren't malfunctioning when I listened to the CD version I imported. They just didn't do anything for me.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I have nothing against Kajiura doing the score; I happen to enjoy a lot of her work. My only complaint is that we already have a pretty good idea of what it'll sound like. :(
Knowing Kajiura, we'll probably have a cello song for mysterious/suspense scenes, a choir song near the end and some electric guitar-oriented songs, things like that. I'm not really against it (Kajiura fan here), but in a sense I agree that it is kinda disappointing that we already know how the ost will be XD As for KnK vs Xeno III, it's a tough one, since they are my favorite soundtracks by Kajiura (I think...), but I would go with KnK since I love how they fitted the perfect songs for the right scenes and how they were rhythmic with the scenes (also the fact that M41+42 is from KnK counts A LOT ;X)

As for Fate/Zero, I can hardly wait for it. Since the announcement of the series I was already thinking about reading the novel, but now I've made up my mind and just began it. Hopefully I'll have finished it until October.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 21:05   Link #472
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Knowing Kajiura, we'll probably have a cello song for mysterious/suspense scenes, a choir song near the end and some electric guitar-oriented songs, things like that. I'm not really against it (Kajiura fan here), but in a sense I agree that it is kinda disappointing that we already know how the ost will be XD As for KnK vs Xeno III, it's a tough one, since they are my favorite soundtracks by Kajiura (I think...), but I would go with KnK since I love how they fitted the perfect songs for the right scenes and how they were rhythmic with the scenes (also the fact that M41+42 is from KnK counts A LOT ;X)
I love the use of vocals in BGM. It adds so much to the music.

Quote:
As for Fate/Zero, I can hardly wait for it. Since the announcement of the series I was already thinking about reading the novel, but now I've made up my mind and just began it. Hopefully I'll have finished it until October.
I am waiting myself. I have found that watching the adaptation first leads to more overall enjoyment since there will be something that you liked from the original that wasn't portrayed as you thought or was left out.
Old 2011-05-04, 19:39   Link #473
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
According to Yuki Kajiura's twitter two hours ago, she's in charge of the music AND Fate/Zero starts broadcast this October. Nothing can describe how damn happy I am knowing she's doing the music (not that Kenji Kawai's score was bad or anything).
Oh my God, yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes.

I loved Kenji Kawai's work, but I am such a huge Yuki Kajiura fangirl. It's true that her work tends to be predictable like that, but her music is good at setting the mood of a scene. I look forward to seeing how her score works with the series.
Old 2011-05-05, 00:24   Link #474
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The art from that PV looks incredible; it's like ufotable is basing the art style directly off of the VN. Now, let's just hope that the animation will be just as amazing.
Old 2011-05-05, 01:40   Link #475
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Best anime of 2011 will be a very tough call.
If Fate/Zero starts airing in October then I don't think it'll finish by the end of 2011. Unless you're simply going by start date...

Oh and: Kajiura > Kawaii.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 07:42   Link #476
Sebasu
~

There's a new PV up on http://www.fate-zero.jp/movies/index.html
Old 2011-05-09, 07:47   Link #477
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Arrrrggghhh! I can't stand this anymore! Only 40 seconds of actual footage and i loved it.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-05-09 at 08:01.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 08:06   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Boy does this look good!

The music is typical Yuki Kajiura as expected, which is more than fine by me.
Old 2011-05-09, 08:15   Link #479
Shadow5YA

Urobuchi Gen as the writer and Yuki Kajiura as the composer... it's Madoka all over again, only this will have the grimdark ending everyone expects from Urobuchi!
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 08:26   Link #480
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Since blog is going crazy and whatever, posting images of screenshot;

Too amazing, Madoka Magica now have incredibly strong competitor. Will Urobuchi able to beat Urobuchi? (*eh?)

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation