AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-30, 22:23   Link #1
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Sonic Colors

Since noone else here seems to want to create a topic for this game I'll take up the obligation of doing so. (Even though it's already been several months since its inital announcment. ^^; )

Sonic Colors (or Sonic Colours in PAL countries) is an upcoming game for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS consoles. It is the next main installment in the series. It will be released in 2010 on November 12th in Europe, November 16th in North America and November 18th in Japan.

The game will have 2 different builds. One for the Wii and one for the DS. The Wii version will feature a gameplay style akin to the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed whilst the DS version will use a similar style of gameplay akin to the Sonic Rush games.

There are various power-ups in this game, which as well as holding plotline significance, are a race of miniature aliens called Wisps. There will be certain Wisps exlusive to each version and each one is color coded. The revealed wisps so far are as follows:

BOTH VERSIONS

White - Adds to Sonic's boost gauge allowing him to run faster
Cyan - Turns Sonic into a laser which can reflect off walls and eleminate any enemies struck
Yellow - Turns Sonic into a drill which will allow him to travel through soft ground
Orange - Turns Sonic into a rocket which allows him to shoot up to higher places

WII ONLY

Pink - Makes Sonic spikier, allowing him to cling to and traverse walls
Green - Allows Sonic to hover/fly for a limited amout of time, also enables the ring dash

DS ONLY

Red - Allows Sonic to transform into a fireball and burst in any direction

TRAILER:

WII GAMEPLAY:

DS GAMEPLAY:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I'm actually looking more forward to this game than Sonic 4. They took everything I loved about Sonic Unleashed and are implementing it into this game. Plus the Wisps are a nice gimmick that don't really seem to hinder it at all.

The music (aside from the main theme which is pretty mediocre) is sounding awesome, but I wouldn't expect any less from Jun Senoue.

All-in-all it looks like it's gonna be fun. Might not be for everyone but I know I'll be pleasantly entertained.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-08-30 at 23:27.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 03:03   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm looking forward to it. Glad it's basically Sonic Unleashed without the god awful werehog parts. Truly not sure if it'll be picking up the Wii or DS version though.

& yeah, music so far sounds so so good. About time Sega brought back Jun Senoue.

Tags
platformer