Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2003-12-30, 23:49   Link #61
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
heheheheheh. soooo good. need more.

but yeah the armor is awesome looking.... just... the helmet.... eh.....

but yeah.... what was with the helmet changing shape....?

and that was one wicked blade..... cutting holes in space....
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 01:37   Link #62
acefighter
Banned

about the anime. why not do something new with it is the question. they left so much off, but why do they yhave to do it the way the manga was. i think the anime could be a good chance for the creator to make a new tale on the ending.
acefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 12:21   Link #63
Jn183

I'm a lil confuse. Is Gutts' new armor suppose to be stronger/more damned than Skull Knight's armor???
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 12:52   Link #64
acefighter
Banned

where can you find the full volume thrity. i tried the hawks but thiers is only imcomplete
Old 2004-01-03, 20:17   Link #65
acefighter
Banned

how many volumes

how many volumes of berserk are there going too be before it over
Old 2004-01-03, 20:20   Link #66
maxthelostboy

isnt it 26 now? is the first 1 worth buying say if u liked Bastard!! ? Also anyone know any volumes bastard is?
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 20:22   Link #67
acefighter
Banned

i know thiers 26 now. i want to know how many before the series is over
Old 2004-01-04, 03:30   Link #68
Lupin

Well, Miura Kentarou (creator and genius behind the manga) has stated that with vol.26 all events and characters are set up to finally start of the story! So by the looks of it 26 is not nearly half way !
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 06:43   Link #69
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
26 was released a while ago and 27 is now running is whatever mag it is in.
LBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 00:09   Link #70
Confusion

questions on berserk manga volume 13

***spoilers***

ok,so maybe i am a bit jaded but i am not sure why this is continually called a "rape" scene.caska never says no,she never says stop,etc.before this episode she seems to have been going through a turmoil about her feelings between gatts and griffith .and during the so called "rape" scene around volume 13 chapter she is clearly having her arms around the former griffith and kissing him back after telling gatts to "not watch"(chapter 7 i think)(she does kiss him back...look again page 150ish her tongue is still out as griifith pulls away from her)
i realise before he newborn griffith appears to her she has no choice in the matter and really doesnt after he appears but she doesnt exactly struggle or object till she looks back and notices gatts watching the scene.
so my question is ....is this really a "rape" scene or a painful experience to hurt gatts? i feels its clearly a slap in gatts" face .....and not as much a rape scene as thought when i first read it.....

opinions ??
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 14:57   Link #71
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
It's a scene that haunts me everytime i think about Berserk. In my honest opinion, she gave up and was letting Griffith have his way with her. However she didn't know that Gatsu was still alive til she saw him there watching in disbelief and that is why she told him not to watch because she couldn't stop it. Don't forget she was in love with both Gatsu and Griffith and her thinking that Gatsu was probally dead too, she just "gave" herself to Griffith. It's so painful, i need to read more of the manga though before i make my conclusions as to Caska's mindset. My two cents.

One thing really irritates the hell out of me though, i think the author tried to make that scene too sensual and thus the Caska kissing and taking the rape thing. In most hentai, once rape happens 9 times out of 10 the rapee just goes with it and to a degree almost enjoys it or does enjoy it. But this wasn't an hentai and completely pisses me off.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 10:21   Link #72
Ookami
Kuroi Kenshin

Send a message via ICQ to Ookami
they really changed the story in the anime. in the first episode some people said, that griffith had become king, but in the manga he is something very different from a king.
Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 23:42   Link #73
mark575
Inactive Member

Lightbulb im new here

and I heard the their are berserk mangas in englishi was wondering if thats trueand where can i buy them

thanks
mark575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 23:52   Link #74
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
volume 1 has been released by darkhorse, should be able to buy at any major bookstore, and possibly at some comic shops.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 03:19   Link #75
Hi_There

Don't mind my 2 cents... but

I simply must disagree about the rape seen not being 'a rape seen.'
Simply, Caska was too exausted, mentally and physically especially after Judo went down and the monsters started fondeling her. The monsters seemed to have their way(not penetration exactly) with her for quite some time.

I'm sure Caska was dipping into despair and Fempto was just the clincher. It was rape!
Monster apendages held her arms and tore at her skin, while she was powerless against a godlike being having his way with her, and I'm guessing it was all directed towards Guts.

Later, she simply had no power left, except to tell Guts not to watch. After Femto was done, she fell to the floor and passed out. It was rape.

The other affect comes later when she's revealed to be insane.
Hi_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 03:37   Link #76
Hi_There

Hello, new guy here.

Anyways, the Berserk MANGA is currently my fave anime/manga out there.

Darkhorse has only licenced the first 3 volumes, but good news, the first order sold out. So expect to see more.

As to the quality of translation/censorship etc etc, I think it was a perfect adaptation. Well at least the copy I have seems like it.

The chapters come out in Young Animal magazine before the volume, and currently there are 232 chapters-some great stuff.

To adress a few things SPOILER WARNING!!!!

The Berserk armor which Guts has: literally turns the person into their inner demon and the shape of the helmet reflects it-that's why the helmet morphed into that shape that looked like Guts' demon(in later chapter it shows that it even bites!)
Also, the helmet used to have the shape of a skull, so it's likely that Skull Knight was the previous user... before he became the skull knight.

Concerning Skull knights new Blade of Resonance made from behilits. It's because Void was able to fend him off with a dimentional rift that he probably came up with the idea. The blade is able to 'resonate' through all the dimensions/reality/astral plains which could then inturn hurt the Godhand's true form, through the properties of the behilits.

Guts' own sword seem to developing much like it due to him killing all sorts of things from all plains.

Chap 26 really jolted the storyline, I can't wait to see more.

I also look forward to reading berserk well into my 30's and middle ages (I'm currently 20)

Last edited by Hi_There; 2004-01-08 at 13:59.
Old 2004-01-08, 10:42   Link #77
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
I'm a lil confuse. Is Gutts' new armor suppose to be stronger/more damned than Skull Knight's armor???
Damned New armor? naaahhh......Its just a catalyst. It raises Gatts pain tolerance and endurance and has a bit of a steroid like effect. But it'll break with continuous use or right amount of pressure.

And if he uses it always, i guess Gatts will definitely be damned and become like Skull Knight.

master Ran
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 16:28   Link #78
Confusion

eh...look at chapter 13 again .

look over chapter 13 again.
she sure does kiss demon boy alot and toward the end of the so called rape she is no longer being restrained and is embracing femto just before he throws her to the floor .
i agree it started as a rape,but then she gets going with the flow....so to speak toward the end.this infuriates me.i now LOATHE the caska character :P

still an incredible manga

EDIT::eh.....its just a painful chapter to read and i overanalyze these things .
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 13:35   Link #79
Hi_There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusion
look over chapter 13 again.
she sure does kiss demon boy alot and toward the end of the so called rape she is no longer being restrained and is embracing femto just before he throws her to the floor .
I just did, she never embraces him, the first long moments her arms are being constrained by a monster's tentacle like arms. At the last moments, she never embraces Fempto Either.
Her arms seem to curl up(but never actually touches around him) because Femto's arms made them in that position as his right hand is FORCING her face to kiss him, barring her right arm, and his left hand is fondling her other side, pushing her left arm up.

I tend to over analyze too.
Old 2004-01-12, 15:11   Link #80
Ookami
Kuroi Kenshin

Send a message via ICQ to Ookami
it was definitally rape, because when femto took her she was first unconscious then barely awake (i think she was already insane). She was raped and tortured by several monsters, so i think she was already insane, when famto raped her and what seemed, as if she kissed him or enjoyed the rape could be his demonic "powers", he just gained.
Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen