AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 11:10   Link #61
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
False spoiler.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:06   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
False spoiler.

Actually, it looks like the info wasn't so much false as it was a huge misunderstanding! An SBS pic finally appeared that mentions the 2929 thing and it turns out that it wasn't a hint from Oda, but a zany fan theory concerning the crewmembers with DF powers (gomu gomu= 5656, hana hana= 8787, etc.) Looks like 2929 was just the fan's attempt at guessing who the final crewmember will be. Apparently, Oda was baffled in his response.

Well, now that we've got THAT confusion out of the way, we can wait for the rest of the SBS info without worries.....

Update: Well, some SBS info came out. Looks like nothing really substantial was revealed this volume, which is a shame (but I guess it's understandable after seeing how much awesome was packed in 58's SBS). Anyway, probably the most interesting info so far would be character birthdays:

Ivankov: 1/8 (what's really amusing is that this comes from his "hee-haw" laugh )
Blackbeard: 8/3 (from "ya-mi", naturally )
Crocodile: 9/5
Marco: 10/5
Law: 10/6

And hey, we even get the admirals' birthdays! Interestingly enough, they share the same birthdays as their real-life models:

Akainu: 8/16
Aokiji: 9/21
Kizaru: 11/23

....Like I said, nothing really outstanding. Aside from the fan theory that was mentioned earlier, the only other somewhat interesting question asked was whether or not the chapter title for 572 was based off the Bob Dylan song (to which Oda replies yes). Oh well, now to wait for the volume 60 SBS.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-08-04 at 20:51.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:55   Link #63
Gin
*Artist

Will someone please explain the whole 2929 thing meaning Kuma to me?
Old 2010-08-05, 03:08   Link #64
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Will someone please explain the whole 2929 thing meaning Kuma to me?
Nikyu Nikyu no Mi, the Paw Paw Fruit, aka Kuma's Devil Fruit.
Old 2010-08-05, 03:28   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
the only other somewhat interesting question asked was whether or not the chapter title for 572 was based off the Bob Dylan song (to which Oda replies yes).
It was so obviously going to be that, i'm surprised someone even asked.
Old 2010-08-05, 13:30   Link #66
Rainbowman

Quote:
Update: Well, some SBS info came out. Looks like nothing really substantial was revealed this volume, which is a shame (but I guess it's understandable after seeing how much awesome was packed in 58's SBS). Anyway, probably the most interesting info so far would be character birthdays:

Ivankov: 1/8 (what's really amusing is that this comes from his "hee-haw" laugh )
Blackbeard: 8/3 (from "ya-mi", naturally )
Crocodile: 9/5
Marco: 10/5
Law: 10/6

And hey, we even get the admirals' birthdays! Interestingly enough, they share the same birthdays as their real-life models:

Akainu: 8/16
Aokiji: 9/21
Kizaru: 11/23

....Like I said, nothing really outstanding. Aside from the fan theory that was mentioned earlier, the only other somewhat interesting question asked was whether or not the chapter title for 572 was based off the Bob Dylan song (to which Oda replies yes). Oh well, now to wait for the volume 60 SBS.....
Let's see if I could figure this out:

Ivankov: January 8- Capricorn
Blackbeard: August 3- Leo
Crocodile: September 5- Virgo
Marco: October 5- Libra
Law: October 6- Libra
Akainu: August 16- Leo
Aokiji: September 21- Libra
Kizaru: November 23- Sagitarius

I like how Oda answered positive that the chapter title for 572 was based off the Bob Dylan song of the same name. I heard the song being played in the WATCHMEN movie opening title and it's rather fitting.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2010-08-07 at 18:22. Reason: Oops, my error.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:33   Link #67
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I woulda liked it if he had given the ages of the various WB commanders.

Blackbeard is only 38, so i'd probably bet Marco, Joz & Vista are around that same age...Just like Shanks is. it also means Blackbeard was on WB's crew from around the same age as Shanks...because WB mentioned BB 22 years prior, which would make him only 15-16 years old..which also means, he musta been a smart bastard for having come up with the plan he did and biding his time for that long.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 20:29   Link #68
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post

Ivankov: January 8- Capricorn
HELL YEAH!!!!

Btw, Blackbeard is Leo too.

mugenTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 00:31   Link #69
marvelB

Hey, so there actually was a couple pieces of really interesting information that slipped over our heads! Our friend aohige gives us the 411:

Quote:
Whitebeard pirates commanders are not necessary numbered in the order of their strength!
They are equal to each other, and younger number does not necessary mean they are stronger or have more authority.
The 43 allied pirates of WB are, obviously, not part of the WB crew. They however respect Whitebeard, and in the case of need they gather to help.
Ace's case is a little different, since his entire pirate crew was merged into Whitebeard pirates.

Yes, very interesting, indeed. Looks like this explains how guys like Jozu and Vista can be numbered lower than Ace despite them having a couple decades' seniority over him. The whole deal about the NW allies is no surprise, of course. Still, it would be nice if Oda gave us a little more info about Ace's old crew....
Old 2010-08-08, 00:37   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So I was right originally when I said division commanders with a lower number are not necessarily stronger than those with a higher number. I really like how Oda has avoided following typical shonen tiers.
Old 2010-08-08, 04:37   Link #71
Kallen4life

although we really only saw numbers 1-5 (not including Thatch) dishing it out .. Marco & Jozu taking on admirals (and Ace on Aokijii too later) and Vista on Mihawk

frankly I have a hard time believing WB had 11 more (up to 16) fighters of that level .. VA level maybe ..
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 22:49   Link #72
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Whitebeard pirates commanders are not necessary numbered in the order of their strength!
They are equal to each other, and younger number does not necessary mean they are stronger or have more authority.
The 43 allied pirates of WB are, obviously, not part of the WB crew. They however respect Whitebeard, and in the case of need they gather to help.
Ace's case is a little different, since his entire pirate crew was merged into Whitebeard pirates.
Where is this from?

Regardless, it does seem that Marco (No.1), Jozu (No.3), Vista (No.5) are the strongest in the crew, with Ace (No.2) coming after.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:13   Link #73
paradox13
zzz

Ok, I don't see how 411 links with volume 59 but ok.
Old 2010-08-09, 20:18   Link #74
james0246

^411 is directory assisstance in America, so calling the 411 is slang for getting information...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:42   Link #75
marvelB

LOL, my bad. I thought more people would be familiar with that expression. Guess I should stick with more general terms from now on.....

Anyway, one particular question I'm hoping that Oda will answer in a future SBS is whether or not Moria would be immune to the sun's effects if he separates himself from his shadow in broad daylight. I think he actually DID split himself from his shadow at Marineford, but it's a bit difficult to tell for sure. Therefore, I'd like for Oda to shed some light on that subject (no pun intended ).
Old 2010-08-13, 03:36   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^It might be easier to notice in the adaptation of the Marineford arc, then again maybe not.
Old 2010-08-13, 13:25   Link #77
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Hey, so there actually was a couple pieces of really interesting information that slipped over our heads! Our friend aohige gives us the 411:

Yes, very interesting, indeed. Looks like this explains how guys like Jozu and Vista can be numbered lower than Ace despite them having a couple decades' seniority over him. The whole deal about the NW allies is no surprise, of course. Still, it would be nice if Oda gave us a little more info about Ace's old crew....
I woulda liked some actual details as to the names of the NW Captains we did see fight in the war. I woulda also liked some stats, like how many pirates fought against the 100,000 marines, how many losses each side incurred etc

Maybe i'm 1 of the very few who cares about such minor stuff...but still...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:12   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^It might be easier to notice in the adaptation of the Marineford arc, then again maybe not.

I kinda had the anime in mind as well, but honestly, I've long since learned to take anime events with a grain of salt (like Zoro cutting steel before the Alabasta arc ).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I woulda liked some actual details as to the names of the NW Captains we did see fight in the war. I woulda also liked some stats, like how many pirates fought against the 100,000 marines, how many losses each side incurred etc

Maybe i'm 1 of the very few who cares about such minor stuff...but still...

I'd particularly love to get some more info about the NW captains (in fact, I'm pretty sure I mentioned something like that earlier in this thread), but my guess is that Oda still has plans for them at some point in the future, which is why we saw so little action from them at Marineford (kinda like why he didn't reveal the full details of Marco's DF).....
Old 2010-10-24, 14:40   Link #79
marvelB

Pardon the double-post, but quite a bit has been revealed about the upcoming data book One Piece Green:

-Full title is One Piece Green: Secret Pieces

-Has all 12 of the current splash page ministories included, as well as several of the other animal-themed splash images

-Has 4 new Straw-Hat Theater omake chapters

-Oda reveals various sketches and behind-the-scenes stories about his works

-New World's major forces introduced

-Over 80 secrets revealed

Apparently, a couple of those 80 secrets were already teased, partiularly the explanation of the crossed-out "S" on Ace's tattoo and Luffy's shipwright sketch from the Water 7 arc looking like Franky. But yeah, I kinda doubt that anything particularly major will be revealed.....

Oh, and cover:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4595523/01.jpg.html

Comes out November 4th, folks!
Old 2010-10-25, 12:54   Link #80
marvelB

Aaaannnd.... Triple post!

Once again our friend from APforums Greg has provided us with more nuggets of Green's content that was teased in the latest SJ issue. Among them is:

Spoiler:

Brooke's early design! Turns out that Oda had already planned out the character quite some time ago (long before he appeared at Thriller Bark!). Greg notes that he's drinking English tea and still makes his bone-related puns (but he uses the word "hone" instead of "kotsu". And in addition to that last pic:

Green's back cover! The inclusion of Gedatsu and Wapol (with his sexy wife) is pretty sweet enough, but a color pic of one of Eneru's moon bots is quite awesome, as well. Man, I can't wait for the flood of info that's about to come next week.....