Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-27, 11:10   Link #201
Raitos
I'm Bored

Ichigo and his future

Wow, just typed an entire essay and entered it and forgot to login.

Basically I talked about Ichigo's Changes to his robes and to his bankai and then talked about his future, I will enter another post some other time with more detail *sigh*
Old 2010-08-27, 11:18   Link #202
Nosauz

GOD DAMN YOU KUBO TITE!!!!!!! You were so close!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO DAMN CLOSE!!!!! It just seems that Kubo Tite hates parity, without parity you can't have nuanced things like soul/spirit/will to win/etc play a realistic/effective role as a deciding factor when those things allow for the characters to just transcend their enemies. I know I feel duped by Kubo and I shouldn't have but damn I was expecting more that just boosh ichigo is some void type entity that Aizen can't defeat.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:30   Link #203
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitos View Post
Wow, just typed an entire essay and entered it and forgot to login.

Basically I talked about Ichigo's Changes to his robes and to his bankai and then talked about his future, I will enter another post some other time with more detail *sigh*
I suppose it's too late now but next time you can go back to the page you were typing it in, click in the area you were typing in an hit "ctrl + z." The stuff you just typed should all appear again.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:37   Link #204
Raitos
I'm Bored

Ichigos Changes

Ichigo's Changes broken down into extreme detail.

2 Major things that have changed about ichigo since he showed up.

Tensa Zangetsu: The Chain is longer, The handguard has changed, The handle has changed to pure black perhaps? (pg 16 for best view of handle)

Ichigo: Hair longer (obvious), Eyes changes (obvious), Gauntlet on his hand, one sleeve of his robes is missing and has Tensa Zangetsu's chain wrapped around it, seems malnutritioned, Taller?, Ability to detect reiatsu much easier, Lack of own Reiatsu

Did anyone else notice on the last page that Ichigo's hand is almost like a skeleton, poor Ichigo must not have eaten in a while
Most likely just another indicator of the passage of time.

Other than that I think Ichigo's bankai robes have changes somewhat. The end of his only sleeve seems more cut up and frail. This is visible around the collar as well. Also, are those little splotches (white ovals) on the bottom of his robe new? Also the collar seems to go down into a deeper V shape almost to his mid chest, Whereas the first time he released bankai against byakuya the collar was tighter but the robe was more open revealing his stomach (though he was covered in bandages at the time).

Cut Up Sleeve- pg. 3
Collar Cut Up and deeper- pg. 12
Splotches on Robe- pg. 3 or 18
Skeletor hand- pg.18(last page)

Thats about all I noticed, If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to.
Most of what I mentioned however, could just be inconsistancy in drawing or "touch ups" just to make the character look better.

Last edited by Raitos; 2010-08-27 at 13:49.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:41   Link #205
haegar
mangaviking

I dunno...I think him looking so thin and frail has nothing to do with malnutrition from the timeskip but comes rather with this new form.

actually this kinda reminds me of good oll' badass Baishin

to me his appearance looks like he now perfectly merged with his Zanpakotou ( not the old man but the form from some chapters back ..)
Old 2010-08-27, 14:07   Link #206
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

The frailness and malnutrition are stylistic. Since he's a bishie now, Kubo has decided to draw him as if he were drawn by CLAMP, the experts at action bishies. All their characters are unhealthily thin (witness Code Geass, xxxHolic).

I like the facepalm. It's a move that works as well IRL (if you can surprise the opponent well enough to pull it off), since the human body isn't designed to be lead around (physically) by the head. It's very disorienting. And it is scary how much this has suddenly become like the Goku/Freiza fight on Namek, down to the basic look of the surroundings. Let's just hope Aizen doesn't need to a-splode Ichigo's comic relief (Kanonji) to get him to go SS (Super Shinigami).

And Ichigo sensing Yuzu and Karin was a very nice touch. Ichigo has always been shit at tracking reiatsu, even from other Shinigami, so this is yet another proof of his development. Personally I think it might just be a perfect realization of Zangetsu's Bankai. Think about what Ichigo's Bankai was before. It was a compression of the power of his zanpakuto (from giant to normal-sized), making it more efficient. Now he's learned to do that with his own reiatsu, forcing all of it toward whatever use he's putting it toward, with none escaping.

Too bad we're going to find that the "deity" hinted at in the chapter titles isn't actually Aizen, once Aizen remarks how Ichigo "has become like a god" or something similar, right before "killing" him. We all know this is going to end up playing into his plans somehow...
Old 2010-08-27, 14:19   Link #207
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Too bad we're going to find that the "deity" hinted at in the chapter titles isn't actually Aizen
I don't know why I never considered that. Deicide could also foreshadow Aizen succeeding in breaking into the Kings Real and wiping out the King. Although, I think the other 2 possibilities are more likely.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:46   Link #208
JustRob

I don't think Aizen will die before entering the King's Realm. If he does, then KT would miss a big chance to properly introduce the Royal Guard and the Shinigami King.

I can see Ichigo giving Aizen a pain in the ass here though.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:47   Link #209
papidoom

so Gin is actually gonna die? what bs...

im pretty much done with bleach , i'll still watch cuz i care to see what happens but how can they let gin die ... kubo your a douche.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:51   Link #210
JustRob

In my opinion they handled Gin's betrayal a bit wrong, the timing just seemed bad. We all knew Gin had his own agenda, but they did a bad job with it.

Especially that bullsh*t line about him wanting to protect Matsumoto or something, he's never ever shown to care for her except when he saved her from starving and when he said "You could have held onto me longer, Rangiku", which may just have been sarcasm. Now all of a sudden he's this caring guy? I liked Gin when he still did things for no apparent reason.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:52   Link #211
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by papidoom View Post
so Gin is actually gonna die? what bs...
Uhhh, I'm pretty certain Gin is going to live. He's been elevated to good guy status after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Especially that bullsh*t line about him wanting to protect Matsumoto or something, he's never ever shown to care for her except when he saved her from starving and when he said "You could have held onto me longer, Rangiku", which may just have been sarcasm. Now all of a sudden he's this caring guy? I liked Gin when he still did things for no apparent reason.
Lol. You would prefer it if Kubo didn't even try to explain anything? I guess i can see where you're coming from.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:53   Link #212
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Gin won't die!! At least thats what I think
As we already know Kubo doesn't kill off the good guys only the bad...
Which category does Gin fall in?... Hmm maybe both
But since he is agianst Aizen lets just say he's a good guy

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-27 at 15:11.
Old 2010-08-27, 14:55   Link #213
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Am I only one who's amazed that Urahara Kisuke is lying on his ass in FKT? I expected a lot more of his fight with Aizen, like a bankai.

Having said that, where the hell is Aizen's bankai? You're not gonna tell me KT forgot to give him one! Come on!!!

Also, I think they ruined Aizen's character. Seriously, he's got f*cking butterfly wings. And the long hair is just ridicilous, it looks like all the cool strong characters have long hair now.
So true, i want kisuke and i wanna see bankai

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-08-27, 14:59   Link #214
Alchemist007
*Author

Isshin: "Aizen is too strong"

Yoruichi: "How about we...you know try, with our Bankais. Do I even have a sword?"

Urahara: "NOOO! ALL IS LOST, ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

*everyone faints
Old 2010-08-27, 15:02   Link #215
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

Yoruichi: "How about we...you know try, with our Bankais. Do I even have a sword?"

*everyone faints
My thoughts exactly
Old 2010-08-27, 15:26   Link #216
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitos View Post
Eyes changes (obvious)
How are his eyes different? I thought that Gin's comment about his eyes were merely referring to his new-found resolve which appeared in his eyes - he'd mentioned how his resolve had disappeared between their two fights when in bankai - I can't see any difference in colour or shape between his eyes now and before, suggesting that he still has hollow to beat Aizen's bankai
Old 2010-08-27, 16:13   Link #217
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Am I only one who's amazed that Urahara Kisuke is lying on his ass in FKT? I expected a lot more of his fight with Aizen, like a bankai.

Having said that, where the hell is Aizen's bankai? You're not gonna tell me KT forgot to give him one! Come on!!!

Also, I think they ruined Aizen's character. Seriously, he's got f*cking butterfly wings. And the long hair is just ridiculous, it looks like all the cool strong characters have long hair now.
I know I wanted something better from Urahara like a bankai as for Aizen we might see a bankai, but I would hate that because he is already over powering. I wonder if the wings came from the Hogyoku or from Gin's poison. Either way it is still funny. We might find out soon enough.
Old 2010-08-27, 16:55   Link #218
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

*everyone faints
Think about it do we really even want Kubo to make them bankais?

Soifon's bankai was much better in my head, I don't want them ruining Urahara's bankai or Yoruichi or Isshin.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-08-27, 17:36   Link #219
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Think about it do we really even want Kubo to make them bankais?

Soifon's bankai was much better in my head, I don't want them ruining Urahara's bankai or Yoruichi or Isshin.
You have a point. The last two new bankai reveals were underwhelming to say the least.

But bankais are the main reason I read Bleach in which I have a genuine interest in the potential quality and creativeness Kubo might actually shell out.
Old 2010-08-27, 17:49   Link #220
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

So, may the one with the longest mullet win?

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread