Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 23:15   Link #981
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
The fact that he quit on his team in the Boston series in 2010 (kinda funny how every single X-ray and MRI came back negative on that elbow).

The fact he went on live television and kicked dirt in the face of his hometown and more importantly, a city that's had a history of receiving undeserved black-eyes (Art Modell much?)

The fact him and his two pals held some sort of WWF-esque introduction with endless amounts of pyro and came out to such arrogance and proclaiming they were going to win "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." NBA titles before having a single practice.

The fact that he's one of the most poorly educated athletes in the NBA, yet holds himself to this gold standard to the point he can make statements like "sometimes I spoil people with my play." Really? You're spoiling people who haven't seen a collective whole of talent in the NBA since the late 80s to mid 90s? The guy is an idiot.

And most recently, the antics him and Wade pulled by mocking Dirk, who has been a consummate professional his entire career. I didn't see him (Dirk) whining about his fever, you can blame the sports media for that. The guy didn't make a single comment about it, he just went out there and played and STILL owned the Heat in the 4th quarter.

LeBron James may not be the be end all of scumbags, but he's certainly shown NOTHING to justify that he actually deserves to be an NBA Champion.
You're entitled to your opinions but to me, that's all b.s. A poor performance in the play-offs(whether he quit or not is extremely subjective), The Decision, the pre-season show, arrogant quotes and mocking a player aren't reasons enough to justify a player being undeserving of a title to me.

Regardless, congratulations to the Mavs. As painful as this loss to as a Heat fan, it's a good thing quality veterans like Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Haywood and Peja have finally won a ring.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:22   Link #982
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Whether someone is deserving a player of a title is solely based on how they play on the court. Are the Heat arrogant? Fuck yeah they are, but that goes with the job of being a superstar player usually. Kobe Bryant (accused of rape, calling refs faggots) & Michael Jordan (not well liked by some teammates, ask Pippen or Horace Grant) were not known as caring individuals and are both super arrogant, but that helped them succeed. Unfortunately for LeBron James, his no-show in the Finals and last year Celtics' Game 4 is going to be on his back for a long time, until he wins a title along with a Finals MVP.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 23:29   Link #983
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
You're entitled to your opinions but to me, that's all b.s. A poor performance in the play-offs(whether he quit or not is extremely subjective), The Decision, the pre-season show, arrogant quotes and mocking a player aren't reasons enough to justify a player being undeserving of a title to me.
"Subjective" is a bit of a stretch, considering that numerous x-rays and MRIs were done and not even a bruise showed up. But hey, as evident by his 19.4 ppg in 10 NBA Finals games, that lack of heart sure sounds like a logical conclusion to make. I'm not trying to step on any toes and I know you're a Heat fan, but LeBron, IMO, does not deserve an NBA title. Hell, even his press conference tonight showcased a lack of class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Whether someone is deserving a player of a title is solely based on how they play on the court. Are the Heat arrogant? Fuck yeah they are, but that goes with the job of being a superstar player usually. Kobe Bryant (accused of rape, calling refs faggots) & Michael Jordan (not well liked by some teammates, ask Pippen or Horace Grant) were not known as caring individuals and are both super arrogant. Unfortunately for LeBron James, his no-show in the Finals and last year Celtics game is going to be on his back for a long time, until he wins a title along with a Finals MVP.
1.) Kobe was acquitted .

2.) Fair point. But hey, am I defending Kobe? Nope. Is this even about Kobe? Nope. But hey, even with his faults as a person, he's never quit on his team.

As for Jordan, who cares if he was a dick? The guy put in mad work and actually EARNED and FOUGHT for his legacy.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 23:30   Link #984
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

& yet also it was charles barkley who predict the mavs to win it & he was right yet also we're saved we will not see him do the http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/charles-...they-dont.html speedo

yea thank you mavs for

1.blowing up heat's death star
2.make sure lebron does not yet get his ring
3.make sure we not see barkley in speedo

overall lesson lebron to learn be patient for your ring & you owe all of cleveland a big sorry.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 23:46   Link #985
Elo the Blue

Quote:
"Subjective" is a bit of a stretch, considering that numerous x-rays and MRIs were done and not even a bruise showed up. But hey, as evident by his 19.4 ppg in 10 NBA Finals games, that lack of heart sure sounds like a logical conclusion to make. I'm not trying to step on any toes and I know you're a Heat fan, but LeBron, IMO, does not deserve an NBA title. Hell, even his press conference tonight showcased a lack of class.
No, subjective isn't a stretch. It's not about the X-Rays or MRIs either. He played poorly against the Celtics last year. That doesn't mean he quit.

His 19.4 ppg in 10 Finals games is comparable to Kobe's first 10 Finals games. Does that Kobe didn't have heart then either?

I agree his comments tonight weren't classy but again, it means little to me, especially when numerous players make questionable comments after they're eliminated.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:49   Link #986
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

lieing about a injury is pretty big and indefensible
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 23:49   Link #987
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Haha@ Lebron's press conference...

He basically said all the haters that dream for him to fail have to wake up at some point and realize their lives suck far more than his ever will...

Great theater^^...Oh, I hope you Lehaters weren't thinking you were gonna get fries with that shake...He's humiliated obviously, but don't get mad he didn't give you the satisfaction...His life is better than yours xD...
Old 2011-06-12, 23:54   Link #988
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
lieing about a injury is pretty big and indefensible
He didn't lie about the injury.

Link
Old 2011-06-12, 23:54   Link #989
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

If money is the only reason he thinks his life is "better" than everyone else, I feel sorry for him. That kind of attitude will lead him to die alone, but hey, he lived "better" than us lowly folk.

edit: just to clarify, I'll say this about ANYONE, LeBron isn't special.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:55   Link #990
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Haha@ Lebron's press conference...

He basically said all the haters that dream for him to fail have to wake up at some point and realize their lives suck far more than his ever will...

Great theater^^...Oh, I hope you Lehaters weren't thinking you were gonna get fries with that shake...He's humiliated obviously, but don't get mad he didn't give you the satisfaction...His life is better than yours xD...
Basically he said "I'm rich, b1tch"

This guy better to not allowed to talk in media again, he's sucks balls at it. Do he realize not just "da haters" that criticize his performance at this series? BUT his/miami fans too.

So that's the way to talk to his fan, no doubt why he can betraying his hometown then.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:59   Link #991
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
If money is the only reason he thinks his life is "better" than everyone else, I feel sorry for him. That kind of attitude will lead him to die alone, but hey, he lived "better" than us lowly folk.

Really? A reactionary comment to the media implies he'll die alone? The hate for this man is truly amazing.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:01   Link #992
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

LeBron isn't an exception to spoiled rich people, I'd put him on the bottom of the totem pole compared to lets say...Paris Hilton.

and I was replying to the way wing phrased it.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:03   Link #993
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
No, subjective isn't a stretch. It's not about the X-Rays or MRIs either. He played poorly against the Celtics last year. That doesn't mean he quit.

His 19.4 ppg in 10 Finals games is comparable to Kobe's first 10 Finals games. Does that Kobe didn't have heart then either?

I agree his comments tonight weren't classy but again, it means little to me, especially when numerous players make questionable comments after they're eliminated.
For starters, Kobe didn't come into this league hyped as "the next Jordan." In fact, he came in with little hype at all as the 13th selection in the NBA Draft. He wasn't as "NBA ready" as LeBron James and needed more time to acclimate himself in his first couple of seasons. But do you know what the funny thing here is? Even with Kobe only averaging about 19 a game in his first 10 NBA Finals games, look at the difference in shooting percentages and free throw percentages. Kobe, even as a supporting player to Shaq, still contributed more QUALITY play when it came to the big dance. But I don't know why you're so hell bent on comparing LeBron's underwhelming Finals numbers to former greats. The fact IS, LeBron was hyped as the "next one" for the NBA and so far, he's been anything but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
His life is better than yours xD...
Why? Because he makes a lot of money and can basically go anywhere he wants? Honestly, I wouldn't trade my aspirations, my desires, or the things that make me happy or stimulate my imagination for a single day of his life. I really wouldn't. LeBron can go ahead and smile since he's living comfortably, but he under performs in the clutch of his profession. I don't.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 00:08   Link #994
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
The city of Dallas just announced tomorrow is LeBron James day... everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.
No way?!

well..

out of the big three I like LeBron the most and I HATE Dwayne hes the reason LeBron did not come too Chicago and Dwayne Wade calls out Bulls as 'not loyal' and there fans

I actually feel sorry for LeBron. Its his dream to win a ring, and he gave up alot to do get there. Anyone who wants someone to not get too there lifetime dream is uncool....
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 00:10   Link #995
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

leave it to 4chan to have a ton of images ready
Old 2011-06-13, 00:16   Link #996
Elo the Blue

Quote:
For starters, Kobe didn't come into this league hyped as "the next Jordan." In fact, he came in with little hype at all as the 13th selection in the NBA Draft. He wasn't as "NBA ready" as LeBron James and needed more time to acclimate himself in his first couple of seasons. But do you know what the funny thing here is? Even with Kobe only averaging about 19 a game in his first 10 NBA Finals games, look at the difference in shooting percentages and free throw percentages. Kobe, even as a supporting player to Shaq, still contributed more QUALITY play when it came to the big dance. But I don't know why you're so hell bent on comparing LeBron's underwhelming Finals numbers to former greats. The fact IS, LeBron was hyped as the "next one" for the NBA and so far, he's been anything but.
I brought up LeBron's number to one player, not multiple.

The hype surrounding LeBron since he was in grade school was purely circumstantial. Media coverage from the time Kobe was in high and when LeBron was in high school can't even be compared. Had Kobe been a high schooler around 2000, I doubt the media hype would have been any less.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:18   Link #997
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
No way?!

well..

out of the big three I like LeBron the most and I HATE Dwayne hes the reason LeBron did not come too Chicago and Dwayne Wade calls out Bulls as 'not loyal' and there fans

I actually feel sorry for LeBron. Its his dream to win a ring, and he gave up alot to do get there. Anyone who wants someone to not get too there lifetime dream is uncool....
You hate Wade because LeBron chose to play with him as opposed to Rose? Wow...
Old 2011-06-13, 00:22   Link #998
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I don't really understand why people keep saying this about the conference, he can't be bothered about what fans think of him. And he was right, Cleveland (and most of everyone else) may be happy that LeBron didn't get his title, but at the same time, it's just basketball and they'll still have to go to work tomorrow and go through their daily trials and the Cavs will still be terrible. You probably would have gotten the same answer from any player in this position.

Like what wingdarkness said, what did you expect him to do? Apologize? He's not obligated to care, really.

Quote:
1.) Kobe was acquitted .

2.) Fair point. But hey, am I defending Kobe? Nope. Is this even about Kobe? Nope. But hey, even with his faults as a person, he's never quit on his team.

As for Jordan, who cares if he was a dick? The guy put in mad work and actually EARNED and FOUGHT for his legacy.
1.) I know, which is why I said that he was accused of rape. As a superstar, if you put yourself in that position, it was probably because of a sense of entitlement.

2.) I was referencing to several mentions of arrogance, like arrogance is a trait undeserving of NBA titles.

Quote:
The fact IS, LeBron was hyped as the "next one" for the NBA and so far, he's been anything but.
Now this is bull, James literally carried that 2007 Cavs team through the Finals himself and anybody watching that series would be crazy to say James didn't try. But I guess Žydrūnas Ilgauskas, Wally Szczerbiak, Drew Gooden, and Booby Gibson is as good as Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, & Robert Horry, huh? And was Cleveland not a perennial loser prior to LeBron? Nobody else made that team a regular contender. Kobe Bryant and Jordan both played in markets that players wanted to play in, so when Jordan and Bryant demanded some help it was relatively easy to get it, whether it's Pau Gasol or Dennis Rodman. James tried to recruit Bosh to Cleveland originally, but Bosh didn't want to play in Cleveland. Neither did Boozer five years ago.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 00:23   Link #999
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
You hate Wade because LeBron chose to play with him as opposed to Rose? Wow...
yeah, My Hopes where crushed when my old favorite player chooses a team with Wade, which he somehow convinced bosh into joining. Plus he told the public that bulls and there fans where not loyal... whats not too dislike about that?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 00:23   Link #1000
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I'm not sure what all he gave up, didn't he say something like he's going to do what's good for him? He's a good player, nobody will deny that and I'm sure he'll have his time. I can only pray his attitude matures.

Either way, more lulz