AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-07, 10:07   Link #11921
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Ladies and gentlemen, the first part of Toaru Majutsu no Index series is officially complete. Happy Tanabata everybody.

Now, should I continue with the series? I know I'm still up for it, but let's just hear everyone's honest opinions.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:12   Link #11922
arson88

why not do what you want to do?
Old 2011-07-07, 10:27   Link #11923
Ashaman

Quote:
# 7 The Toaru Majutsu no Index series

* 7.1 Volume 1 (Full Text)
* 7.2 Volume 2 (Full Text)
* 7.3 Volume 3 (Full Text)
* 7.4 Volume 4 (Full Text)
* 7.5 Volume 5 (Full Text)
* 7.6 Volume 6 (Full Text)
* 7.7 Volume 7 (Full Text)
* 7.8 Volume 8 (Full Text)
* 7.9 Volume 9 (Full Text)
* 7.10 Volume 10 (Full Text)
* 7.11 Volume 11 (Full Text)
* 7.12 Volume 12 (Full Text)
* 7.13 Volume 13 (Full Text)
* 7.14 SS Volume 1 (Full Text)
* 7.15 Volume 14 (Full Text)
* 7.16 Volume 15 (Full Text)
* 7.17 Volume 16 (Full Text)
* 7.18 SS Volume 2 (Full Text)
* 7.19 Volume 17 (Full Text)
* 7.20 Volume 18 (Full Text)
* 7.21 Volume 19 (Full Text)
* 7.22 Volume 20 (Full Text)
* 7.23 Volume 21 (Full Text)
* 7.24 Volume 22 (Full Text)

# 8 The Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament series

* 8.1 NT Volume 1 (Full Text)
Its like magic
Old 2011-07-07, 10:33   Link #11924
Ilidsor
Angelerator

You should do some of the side stories. Although as long as you (or Js06) does New Testament 2 when it comes out I'm happy.

By the way thanks for all the hard work. It's good to see this entire series done.

Last edited by Ilidsor; 2011-07-07 at 12:54.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:56   Link #11925
Miraluka
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, the first part of Toaru Majutsu no Index series is officially complete. Happy Tanabata everybody.

Now, should I continue with the series? I know I'm still up for it, but let's just hear everyone's honest opinions.

Why not helping Js06 with the SS translations?
I finally realized both you and Js06 are unique on the whole Bakatsuki.
Old 2011-07-07, 11:06   Link #11926
tsunade666

Quote:

Thanks for the translation and you should do what you want most like baka-test baka-test and baka-test I want to know what happen next.

Quote:
The Dragon King's head that came out of the severed right arm.
That should be a monster created out of Aureolus' 'anxiety' with regards to Kamijou.
Logically, it should be like that...but in that situaton, did Aureolus Izzard really think of such a tremendous imagination like 'there would be a transparent Dragon King's Head from the sliced-off part on Kamijou's right arm'?
Though the probability is low.
But what if, just what if, that monster's unrelated to Aureolus' power?
(...)
Impossible. Kamijou thought.
However, Kamijou remembers Himegami Aisa. The 'Deep Blood' Himegami Aisa is a girl with a unique power that can only work on vampires.
But since the power that's able to kill vampires caused her to have so many incidents happen to her, then how valuable is the 'Imagine Breaker', Kamijou's right hand, that can negate even miracles?
Besides, the basic question is.
What is the Imagine Breaker?
Right........ continue to think like this Touma even after witnessing holy right and the event when holy right slice your right hand. NT 2 NT2 NT 2
Old 2011-07-07, 11:13   Link #11927
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:

well i think is up to you but i think i am pretty happy if you take care the ss too (although the godly translator JS06 make me pretty sure the SS series will be done too) but i feel more at ease if you still join to it hehe
Old 2011-07-07, 11:32   Link #11928
outerelf

Quote:

Honestly, I think that you should work on whatever makes you happiest. You've been a cool translator who's been working on three series at the any given time, you've been quite consistent, and now that the main series is finished, I think you deserve a break

So a congratulations to you, a pat on the back, and a mighty thanks to both you and Js06 from the ToAru community. Feel free to do what you like
Old 2011-07-07, 11:57   Link #11929
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:

All hail Teh_Ping!

If you want to continue translating, then please, I WANT LOLI KIHARA

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-07, 12:36   Link #11930
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Since from now on it'll be just a matter of waiting three weeks to pass before August kicks in, I'd say... Why not.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-07-07, 13:13   Link #11931
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this series.
With all the main novels translated at the moment, I think Js06 is more than enough for the side stories.

Of course, I hope to see you back after more novels have been released.
Old 2011-07-07, 14:14   Link #11932
zaeraal

Quote:

If you are bussy with other translation projects, what about the small science side oriented stories (as Js06 said, he prefers magic side stories) - uiharu ss (not even on bakatsuki page.. 13 pages), toaru jihanki no fanfare (31 pages), love letter ss (don't have it, but mostly composed of images, story should be short) and if mars ss not = uiharu ss, then that one too.

Anyway thanks for the translations, they were a nice addition to the anime.
Old 2011-07-07, 15:10   Link #11933
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_ping View Post
ladies and gentlemen, the first part of toaru majutsu no index series is officially complete. Happy tanabata everybody.

Now, should i continue with the series? I know i'm still up for it, but let's just hear everyone's honest opinions.
yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
Old 2011-07-07, 15:18   Link #11934
Breidaluk

don't forget A certain prophecy "INDEX".
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/s/ipi.htm
I really wanted to know what they say in that.
Old 2011-07-07, 16:20   Link #11935
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Well honestly speaking? Since it's not going to cost the rest of us lazy bums anything, of course we'll say yes But I don't might if you take a 1 month break to recharge for NT2.

All that remains are the SS, with the exception of the Love Letter Battle, I'm not too interested in them.

Btw, would it be some kind of record for a series on baka-tsuki to have all it's volumes translated? Or rather, have that many volumes translated ?
Old 2011-07-07, 16:31   Link #11936
Flere821
Lurker

Thanks Teh Ping for your efforts So the bet you had with someone finishing translating the novels before November is your win?

I also would like to see the Love Letter Battle translated, if only so I can direct others to it if I need to reference it. Your call though, do what you want after you've worked so hard.
Old 2011-07-07, 16:32   Link #11937
leukrota

Quote:

Since you're still going to do translations I'm OK with any project you decide to do. Contributions to TAMNI, Shakugan no Shana or Baka to Test would all be great IMHO.

BTW, Why do I always remember Haruhi every time I hear about Tanabata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Btw, would it be some kind of record for a series on baka-tsuki to have all it's volumes translated? Or rather, have that many volumes translated ?
I haven't checked all the projects, but I believe TAMNI has the most volumes translated... it's so nice even just looking at all the Full Text links. Have I said how grateful I am for the translations? I haven't felt like this since Christmas as a child.
Old 2011-07-07, 18:19   Link #11938
Ilidsor
Angelerator

50% of chapter 3 of Liberal Arts City is up.
Old 2011-07-07, 19:25   Link #11939
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Suzumiya Haruhi was the first series to have all its volumes translated on Baka-Tsuki (before they were taken down). Whether Toaru will follow suite remains to be seen.
Old 2011-07-07, 19:35   Link #11940
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Wow, to think the main storyline would be completed, our translators are the greatest of the great, I can only thank you greatly and bow down before you.

As for what you should do Teh Ping, you should do whatever you please, though I would love to see Kanzaki SS translated, but don't force yourself on account of me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen