Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 18:12   Link #101
justpassingby

Quoting this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Moretsu (モーレツ) is a funny word. It originally meant hardworking, workaholic. Back in the 50s, this was a highly admired trait in Japan. Through use as a catchphrase for a very successful advertising campaign, it acquired the meaning of this admiration itself, like "Wow, hardworking!".

So in this context, I think the new title means more like "Wow, Space Pirates". They retain their miniskirts.
When the title "Mouretsu" was first introduced, I read at some random Japanese website that it is "Oyaji Kusai no Title" (Smell like old fart title). Even at Yaraon blog which I took the Newtype image, there is a similar comment. Hope the casts and staffs will not be dispirited in case if the anime does not perform well.

With 2 cour length , we may get anime original episodes

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-10 at 21:06.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:19   Link #102
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is the Space Battleship Yamato remake next year. And the CGi Harlock film.
Old 2011-11-10, 20:23   Link #103
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So I guess this is the only way they can even attempt to get space opera back on TV eh? Are they sure they have enough attractive females though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post

Speaking of which, I wonder why space SciFi anime series has become rare these days? I can't remember one, at least one that is not mostly a mecha series, off hand for the last 4-5 years. Nanoha is partly space SciFi, but its mostly a magical girl/mecha series hybrid.
Because as Kaisos Erranon points out they are sadly kind of a risk in todays kind of crappy, shallow taste, lowest common denominator anime market (which is slightly improving in terms of variety with the recent season but apparently still all too quick to mine the Light Novel hit list for hopes of finding something that can be a hit as an anime since very few studios can make anything from scratch anymore let alone a hit) so unless you add a hook/gimmick that's popular with todays otaku...like say cute attractive female characters out the wazoo, a school setting, and/or mecha you're probably just throwing good money after bad and very few if any people are going to be paying attention. It's really sad but anime productions, but for a few studios with lots of capital to burn, are sort of struggling to distinguish themselves from the Light Novel/Visual Novel market (something it existed long before I might add and should have no reason to be so unabashedly beholden to for source material) and what's popular there lately and I'm still not sure it can break free and be it's own thing again. At least not right now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-11-10 at 20:39.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 01:47   Link #104
justpassingby

So apparently today (11-11-11) is Mikako Komatsu (Marika) and Chiaki Omigawa (Mami) birthday. From Moretsu and Satou twitter. It looks like there is going to be an announcement for both Mouretsu and Rinne no Lagrange at their official site at 17:00

Happy birthday to both of them. I enjoyed Joey (Heroman) and Hotori (SoreMachi), and them working with many of my favorite seiyuu in Mouretsu is indeed a welcome

Edit: Might as well mention this first. Like LOGH, there is going to be narration to help further the story. The novel is averagely thick because of the explanations. And yeah, expect some high school cliches like transfer student, clubs activities etc. Although it is categorized as Space Opera anime, I hope people will not take this series overly serious like LOGH or expecting ship battle every seconds, because you may be dissapointed , though the author did say that he let the director to do as he likes

Eidt II:
There is going to be an event on November 27th Link
Title: Satou Tatsuo Produces! Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku vs Rinne no Lagrange in Shinjuku Loft Plus One

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-11 at 06:37.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:00   Link #105
Spartanz1170

So cheesy, yet a show i would take a second look at....
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 06:55   Link #106
justpassingby

Post dubbing commentary by Komatsu Mikako and Hanazawa Kana [Link]

Spoiler for Staffs and Casts:

According to Mouretsu Pirates Twitter, captainMARIKA there are going to be 3 events. First two have been posted in previous posts while the third one is that there will be a screening up to episode 5 at the end of December

遣る気満々だなおい :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-18 at 07:05.
Old 2011-11-18, 22:03   Link #107
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
wow!! I would like found forums in spanish whit information so detailed, about premieres well has advantages know and learn english, xD

when I have a chance I read manga
Old 2011-11-22, 09:22   Link #108
justpassingby

Hmm. Details regarding the screening [Link]

Date: December 22nd
Time: Floor Opening: 1830 Screening: 1900 - 2200

Komatsu Mikako and Omigawa Chiaki will be cosplaying their respective character. Besides Satou, there is going to be more guests (I guess it must be Sasamoto, duh. They didn't premier screening Gundam UC without inviting Fukui)

5 episodes huh? I think they're going to finish vol 1. I can't hardly wait 2ch and Japanese anime blogs' reactions .

Can we at least have an official trailer with voice acting included? I just can't imagine Marika's voice if Mikako is going to sound like Kotori from Zexal. And I hope the main casts on the Newtype spread a page before will not sound like guys , because the headline was "Handsome Girls of the New Era"

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-22 at 10:05.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:44   Link #109
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just wait that angela will perform the opening theme because it really fit with this anime. I can't imagine a opening theme of Moretsu without angela !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:05   Link #110
justpassingby

From Akiman's twitter. [Link]
Spoiler for Marika:

Edit: Saw Part I of Loft Plus One Event . Great PV with new scenes, and Mikako's Character song was used. I literally went "すげえええええ" when Odette II opened it's Solar Sails. Oh and we got a quick shot of Marika with the saber. If I'm hearing this correctly, the anime will follow up to 3rd volume, and then will go original route (?).
Mouretsu Pirates will start the earliest on January 7th on MBS and Tokyo MX, with other channel on later dates. Some images that I saved from the streaming. Sorry for the shitty quality :P

Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-12-01 at 08:48.
Old 2011-12-06, 03:44   Link #111
justpassingby

For those who can view it Latest PV

Marika's Image Song is titled "Black Holy". More details during Winter Comiket 81

And...
Spoiler for 御負け:

Edit: Youtube

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-12-06 at 07:35.
Old 2011-12-06, 08:08   Link #112
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

PV looks great, has that old-school quality to it.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:35   Link #113
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This could be good. I haven't seen much non-mecha space opera other than Cowboy Bebop and the first Captain Harlock TV series, but it's nice to see a new entry in a genre that's out of the ordinary for recent anime.

I wonder if anyone else noticed that when the name of the series showed up in the PV, there was an English subtext that read "Bodacious Space Pirates". I assume that that's the official English title. That's quite a funny title to say out loud.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:57   Link #114
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Saw PV. Had never heard about it. I need this about now-ish. Tickled my sci-fi nerves bad and it's been long since I watch a space opera anime.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 10:17   Link #115
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

seeing that trailer more space pirates this is female captain yea any guess she might expy anime version or bit doing of captain marvelous?

cause i've been feel vibes she could be shout-out expy another take of captain marvelous?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:03   Link #116
Utsuro no Hako

Bodacious ... sorry, I'm sticking with Miniskirt.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 14:19   Link #117
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I wonder if anyone else noticed that when the name of the series showed up in the PV, there was an English subtext that read "Bodacious Space Pirates". I assume that that's the official English title. That's quite a funny title to say out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Bodacious ... sorry, I'm sticking with Miniskirt.
The original title of Miniskirt Space Pirates is better than the new one.

My hopes are a bit deflated after seeing the PV. It's just not as fun or fresh or audacious as I hoped. There's more of the standard otaku fetish moments than I would have liked to have seen. Really, it looks more like an updated Angel Links than anything else.
Old 2011-12-06, 14:55   Link #118
LordEmbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The original title of Miniskirt Space Pirates is better than the new one.

My hopes are a bit deflated after seeing the PV. It's just not as fun or fresh or audacious as I hoped. There's more of the standard otaku fetish moments than I would have liked to have seen. Really, it looks more like an updated Angel Links than anything else.
Uh. What? Could you list all of the standard otaku fetish moments? This was pretty much as tasteful as anyone could have possibly hoped for.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:03   Link #119
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
Uh. What? Could you list all of the standard otaku fetish moments? This was pretty much as tasteful as anyone could have possibly hoped for.
I'm talking about things like the school life bit and the maid outfits and the nimble little ship. In and of themselves, they're completely harmless, but it means that the show itself is going to be limited in ways that we've probably seen a lot of. Instead of a show about awesome pirate adventures in miniskirts, the show seems more about telling the same old otaku-favored stories with the space pirate stuff serving as a backdrop.
Old 2011-12-06, 17:59   Link #120
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm talking about things like the school life bit and the maid outfits and the nimble little ship. In and of themselves, they're completely harmless, but it means that the show itself is going to be limited in ways that we've probably seen a lot of. Instead of a show about awesome pirate adventures in miniskirts, the show seems more about telling the same old otaku-favored stories with the space pirate stuff serving as a backdrop.
I think the school life bit and the maid cafe was simply to show what our heroine was doing before she left to have awesome pirate adventures in miniskirts. Its quite clear she was learning to become a space pilot so of course its going to show her kicking ass in a space fighter. I have not read the LN but I am sure that its going to be less otaku-favored then you fear. Hell if nothing else its going to be old school otaku-favored.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri