AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 16:58   Link #9581
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

East Asian Physical Traits Linked to 35,000-Year-Old Mutation

Quote:
Gaining a deep insight into human evolution, researchers have identified a mutation in a critical human gene as the source of several distinctive traits that make East Asians different from other races.

The traits — thicker hair shafts, more sweat glands, characteristically identified teeth and smaller breasts — are the result of a gene mutation that occurred about 35,000 years ago, the researchers have concluded.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/sc...re-share&_r=1&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No one posting about the zombie warning hack?
Well why dont you post it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:23   Link #9582
Zakoo

Quote:
But Joshua Akey, a geneticist at the University of Washington in Seattle, said he thought the more likely cause of the gene’s spread among East Asians was sexual selection. Thick hair and small breasts are visible sexual signals which, if preferred by men, could quickly become more common as the carriers had more children.
What a lovely paragraph.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:28   Link #9583
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
What a lovely paragraph.
It certainly gets my attention
Old 2013-02-15, 20:52   Link #9584
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

It came from New Jersey...
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 22:51   Link #9585
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Cayman Islands woman bites intruder, loses tooth
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-15-09-56-43
Old 2013-02-15, 22:59   Link #9586
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
What a lovely paragraph.
They are referring to men with good taste.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 23:56   Link #9587
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
the hell how does a dead phallus-shaped sea monster looked cooler than an earth shaking russian sonic boom astroid?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:14   Link #9588
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Dallas Musician Caught In Underage Sexual Tryst

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-16, 06:49   Link #9589
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

One-man bank keeps German village business running
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91C0HZ20130213
Quote:
The Raiffeisen Gammesfeld eG cooperative bank in southern Germany is one of the country's 10 smallest banks by deposits and is the only one to be run by just one member of staff.

Small banks like this dominate the German banking landscape. Rooted in communities, they offer a limited range of accounts and loans to personal and local business customers.
Old 2013-02-17, 00:28   Link #9590
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
I remember this X-Files episode...
Old 2013-02-17, 06:12   Link #9591
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Long-missing WWII medal to be awarded
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-17-03-59-16
Old 2013-02-20, 06:26   Link #9592
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Whither PAP, whither the elite, whither Singapore?

Spelling error? So is it "Whiter" or "Wither"? Those words have 2 different meanings.

Old 2013-02-20, 06:49   Link #9593
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or it could be whither.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:04   Link #9594
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or it could be whither.
Ah yes, it seems our country is getting nowhere. Midlife crisis much?

Old 2013-02-20, 07:11   Link #9595
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Spelling error? So is it "Whiter" or "Wither"? Those words have 2 different meanings.
I don't think it is a spelling error, those who worked with him knows that's pretty good with english and editing (he practically writes his own speeches I'm told)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:45   Link #9596
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Where got error? Whiter and wither make no sense unless he trying to be smart
Old 2013-02-20, 08:16   Link #9597
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Nudes check out nudes at Austrian museum
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-19-15-50-14
Quote:
These museum goers didn't just leave their coats at the coat check. They handed over their shirts, trousers and underwear.

Everything, in fact, except their shoes and socks. After all, the stone floor can get chilly when you're touring an art exhibit in the nude, which was what more than 60 art lovers did in a special after-hours showing at Vienna's prestigious Leopold museum.
Old 2013-02-20, 10:18   Link #9598
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I don't think it is a spelling error, those who worked with him knows that's pretty good with english and editing (he practically writes his own speeches I'm told)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Where got error? Whiter and wither make no sense unless he trying to be smart
The word "Whither" is very archaic and Shakespearean, often found in artistic writing than actual ones. I had that slip from my mind because I spend more time reading technical stuff.

That being said, he is really more right than he is wrong. We are going downhill from here.

Old 2013-02-20, 11:28   Link #9599
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's someone trying to wax lyrical to a nation of aunties and uncles...of course he'll use language more commonly found in literary books
Old 2013-02-20, 11:40   Link #9600
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's someone trying to wax lyrical to a nation of aunties and uncles...of course he'll use language more commonly found in literary books
Don't underestimate "aunties and uncles". I learnt most of my presentation skills from aunties, and most of my technical skills from uncles, how the heck do you think I manage to get into electronics without a relevant diploma or degree?

Those who lived through the building years have a crapload more knowledge and experience than those with higher qualifications in the same job as them today because there are no service providers and they do everything themselves, unfortunately qualifications are so overrated that these old people are simply casted aside.

The saddest thing is that these people who spend their lives amassing such knowledge are now security guards, taxi drivers and low/mid-level adminstrators. I am glad I listened to them, and I think they are glad that someone is there for them to pass their knowledge to; these skills are eternal, tried and time-tested. Only thing left for us who have the opportunity to be guided like that is to practice and use it well so we may be as good as them one day.

The unnatural fault of society, politicians and citizens included, is that we fail epicly at one thing : listening. We have always compared ourselves to Malaysia and that we are better than them, now we are just as decadent as their government; it is just that we are still seen as more efficient because our society is smaller to run.

Tags
humor