AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-09-17, 08:27   Link #381
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
And wait, am I blind or did they make a crazy mistake here ? Shion's front hairs are way longer than Mion's here.
That could be a big mistake. It would make it easier to see through the ruse of Shion not being Mion.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 10:02   Link #382
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
That could be a big mistake. It would make it easier to see through the ruse of Shion not being Mion.
Yeah, that's exactly the problem. There shouldn't be ANY difference between them besides the hairstyle and the Oni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
In case they won't "fix" their current sprites, we'll probably get used to them anyway. It won't really deduct much from my reading experience, at least.

I wonder if they'll be making sprites for some characters that previously didn't have a sprite? Such as Kimiyoshi Kiichirou (the village chief) or Sonozaki Oryou (Mion's and Shion's grandmother). Kizuna (the DS version of Higurashi) has sprites for both of those characters, and some others like Kumagai (Ooishi's partner).
I asked them on their ask.fm if we could get other previews of the rest of the sprites, and if characters who only had sprites in Alchemist games would get ones, so wait and see. But honestly, besides loli Rika and loli Mion for the 4th arc where they would only have to replace the vanilla versions, that would surprise me, I don't see them taking the time to manually insert the new sprites in each scenes.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 10:44   Link #383
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly the problem. There shouldn't be ANY difference between them besides the hairstyle and the Oni.
Shion just has some of her hair on the front, she can just still tie it up. This isn't a problem. This is a clear nitpicking ;P

So, why haven't we talked about the BDs Higurashi is getting? I wonder how it's going to look. DEEN's animation is pretty bad in the canon Higurashi. I wish some studio would remake the whole thing without any screw-ups instead.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 10:49   Link #384
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Shion just has some of her hair on the front, she can just still tie it up. This isn't a problem. This is a clear nitpicking ;P

So, why haven't we talked about the BDs Higurashi is getting? I wonder how it's going to look. DEEN's animation is pretty bad in the canon Higurashi. I wish some studio would remake the whole thing without any screw-ups instead.
So you're saying Higurashi is getting a blue ray version? I wonder if it'll have any extras on it.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 11:25   Link #385
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
So you're saying Higurashi is getting a blue ray version? I wonder if it'll have any extras on it.
Yeah it was confirmed a while ago. I have no idea if it will have extras though.
Old 2014-09-17, 13:54   Link #386
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I was hoping to buy Australian versions that are already out just to see how it is like.
Old 2014-09-17, 14:00   Link #387
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I was hoping to buy Australian versions that are already out just to see how it is like.
Translator of the Australian releases is actually a close friend of mine. And he's a professional. The TL in Kai is very nice.
Old 2014-09-17, 15:24   Link #388
TheGuraGuraMan

Hum... ended up working on adapting Shion AM's Kizuna sprite after all... here you go with the new version in the comparison chart.

Old 2014-09-17, 21:30   Link #389
fuff

isnt the blu ray about kai or is it the first season?

here the commercial i found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaWNKB_ZDBA

some images:

anyone planning to buy it, i want to but its so expensive
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 04:09   Link #390
TheGuraGuraMan

Seriously, how can anyone be excited by a simple 1080p resizing ? Just look at the freaking price, is there anyone stupid enough to buy this shit for 36.500 yens ? Do you know how many other games/books/goodies of Higurashi 100 times more interesting than that you could get with this amount of money ?

Old 2014-09-18, 04:31   Link #391
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

BDs in general are very expensive in Japan. This is nothing new.

If the Anime was actually any good I'd consider to buy it but the animation is terrible and so is the directing. The only saving grace it has are the voice actors and the soundtrack.
Old 2014-09-18, 11:28   Link #392
TheGuraGuraMan

... what the actual fuck.

MANGAGAMER

HOW
DARE
YOUUUUU

U
N
F
O
R
G
I
V
A
B
L
E

And along with the sprite :
"However, we do not have plans at the moment to add sprites for minor characters who did not have sprites in the original."

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2014-09-18 at 12:33.
Old 2014-09-18, 12:17   Link #393
TheGuraGuraMan

DO YOU KNOW OYASHIRO SAMA ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfxMGBa9Ks

Old 2014-09-18, 12:22   Link #394
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I like it. Much better than PS2 sprites, imo.
Old 2014-09-18, 12:47   Link #395
Dr. Casey

What's wrong with the Ooishi sprite? >_>
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 12:57   Link #396
TheGuraGuraMan

I didn't ask for a gorilla.
Old 2014-09-18, 13:40   Link #397
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Umm... how is that Oishi sprite a gorilla? He's supposed to be big, If I recall correclty he's also described as a big guy. What's wrong with it >_>

Feels like you're complaining for the sake of complaining. You don't have to play this version if you don't like it you know.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:00   Link #398
TheGuraGuraMan

His nose is crazily huge. Irie had the same problem, what's the problem with the noses of guys with this artist ?
He looks WAY too fat, what with those boobs ?
His skin looks too dark too, I don't see the point, that's not an old pervert from a doujin.
let also remark that the mouth is EXACTLY the same as the ps2 one, the artist is just copying it and still manage to fail the face ?

After Irie and Shion who were pretty good, that's a huge disapointment. For some reasons all the other people I showed the sprite also found it totally horrible and unfitting to Oishi, with one or two being more angry than me, I don't get how you can be so satisfied about it.

At least, the artist should modify the nose and boobs :
Old 2014-09-18, 14:28   Link #399
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I do not mind chuby oosihi, I think its much better then the job they fudge on rika and rena. Atleast I did not see any glaring problems only nuances that I was never partial for. Let the chubies be represented.
Old 2014-09-18, 14:40   Link #400
Joly
モエカステル

Honestly, I didn't like it the first time I saw it either. MG/Steam!Oishi does look awkward to me. Though, I don't really think it's necessary to be throwing a fit over it either.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote