AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-06-23, 17:50   Link #1301
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy_hylian View Post
This is, unless, you are bringing alternate dimensions and universes into the matter, at which case you'd have left our world and gone into one where the JFK assasination was thwarted by 25 men dressed as chickens
Or, as Kaisos will most likely spin it, one where the JFK assassination only went off because of 25 men dressed as chickens.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:07   Link #1302
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Or, as Kaisos will most likely spin it, one where the JFK assassination only went off because of 25 men dressed as chickens.
Am I really that predictable?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:15   Link #1303
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It is possible. However, it is equally possible that I just like stating "the JFK assassination only went off because of 25 men dressed as chickens."
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-06-23, 18:20   Link #1304
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It is possible. However, it is equally possible that I just like stating "the JFK assassination only went off because of 25 men dressed as chickens."
That is quite amusing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:26   Link #1305
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
But you gotta be more specific. Of those 25 men 14 had some sort of colon disfunction. Alternate timelines and dimensions are infinite. Therefore anything is possible.

It's like Rika, she just keeps rolling.

We're going too far into this, and haven't we argued about this before?

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:46   Link #1306
PastPrime

Lets face it. What any of us thinks will not determine how Time Travel and Split Time Lines work out in the story. That will be determined by what the person writing the story thinks. I just hope that no one is so wedded to his beliefs that he will be upset if something different happens, which is something that I have seen in other stories. I suspect that we will have a much better idea after the next volume comes out.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 18:49   Link #1307
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Perhaps not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6naJ08Tskk

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 20:02   Link #1308
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well that's one way to commit suicide...
Old 2008-06-23, 20:17   Link #1309
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Ah man, Time Travel.

I'm more of the camp that even if you did go back in time to change something, the odds are that you wouldn't change a thing - something would happen to prevent you from doing what you intended to go out to do.

Like, for instance, let's say you really are hell bent on going back in time to the JFK assasination dressed up in Chicken Suits. This is what you plan to do, and there is no way you are going to change your mind.

Even before you set out (in the present time) to do it - it's already happened. You were already there at the JFK assasination anyway. Whatever the circumstances were, you didn't manage to divert the camera mans attention away onto yourselves.
The chickens are now in the way of the presidential limo. The limo speeds away after JFK got, and the Zapruder camera follows it. It's impossible for the Camera not to catch the car going by the line of men in Chicken suits. It's impossible for the Chicken men to not change history with their presence.
Quote:
If you had a time machine that would allow you to go to a certain place at a certain time, and you programmed it to take you back to that time right in the middle of the road - something would have gone wrong with the device and it would have transported you somewhere else entirely from your intended place.
Now this is what I think would happen under these circumstances. Time will be changed when you show up in the middle of the road, so the powers that be must have all the Chicken men spontaneously combust before the warp, along with anyone not in a chicken suit who might try to send their remains back.
Quote:
I find this extremely unlikely. Especially if my Chicken men are armed with flame throwers, and are given orders to set everything on fire.

The time powers must eliminate my elite chicken commando squad before they can depart.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 20:24   Link #1310
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is why someone from either the farther future of sometime in between sends a group to stop the first group...causing multiple alternate realities...or multiple temporal sections of 4chan and 2ch.
Old 2008-06-23, 20:27   Link #1311
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Hmmmmm, maybe said time travelers will also be temporal manifestations ala "All you zombies", completely loyal to time continuity.
Old 2008-06-23, 20:34   Link #1312
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or they are trying to stop the "25 chicken assasination of JFK" listed in their history books. Or prove it was a conspiricy.

"After many many different time loops and alterations, the truth is that in 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was attempting to shoot the man in the Panda suit that was attacking the Catwoman that was trying to stop the man in a Chicken suit with a flamethrower from killing JFK...they suddenly vanished when one of the temporal bombs destroyed the first time traveler's Hub. Oswald's shots went wild into JFK at this point. He couldn't say why he killed the President because no one would believe him. He was assisinated to keep the knowledge of the Chicken men safe from the rest of time. This failed when the temporal bomb went off at the 4chan time Hub in the year...".
Old 2008-06-23, 20:54   Link #1313
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"After many many different time loops and alterations, the truth is that in 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was attempting to shoot the man in the Panda suit that was attacking the Catwoman that was trying to stop the man in a Chicken suit with a flamethrower from killing JFK...they suddenly vanished when one of the temporal bombs destroyed the first time traveler's Hub. Oswald's shots went wild into JFK at this point. He couldn't say why he killed the President because no one would believe him. He was assisinated to keep the knowledge of the Chicken men safe from the rest of time. This failed when the temporal bomb went off at the 4chan time Hub in the year...".
How do you explain that Lee Harley Oswald would know than he had to shoot the ''man in the Panda suit than was attacking the Catwoman that was trying to stop the nam in a Chicken suit'' ?
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:03   Link #1314
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There always has to be a conspiracy someplace for it to still be a story doesn't it?
Old 2008-06-23, 21:48   Link #1315
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Hmmmmm, maybe said time travelers will also be temporal manifestations ala "All you zombies", completely loyal to time continuity.
I, for one, like the idea of the universe spawning a group of closed causal loop time travel agents whose sole purpose is to make sure paradoxes are avoided. Not because I believe it in any way. I just think it's humorous. Under this theory, the chicken suit men would all be machine gunned by agents before leaving.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:02   Link #1316
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
I, for one, like the idea of the universe spawning a group of closed causal loop time travel agents whose sole purpose is to make sure paradoxes are avoided. Not because I believe it in any way. I just think it's humorous. Under this theory, the chicken suit men would all be machine gunned by agents before leaving.
I'm not sure now (it's been a while since I read the novels), but isn't something like this mentioned by Asahina-san (big)?

Anyway it makes sense, people travelling from time to time just to make sure things happen the way they are supposed to happen.

lol... I'm trying to imagine the poor chicken suit men laying on the floor and people in black suits and sun glasses with machine guns standing on a side...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:04   Link #1317
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
I'm not sure now (it's been a while since I read the novels), but isn't something like this mentioned by Asahina-san (big)?

Anyway it makes sense, people travelling from time to time just to make sure things happen the way they are supposed to happen.

lol... I'm trying to imagine the poor chicken suit men laying on the floor and people in black suits and sun glasses with machine guns standing on a side...
All the witless minions of the temporal over gods.
Old 2008-06-24, 07:43   Link #1318
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
I find this extremely unlikely. Especially if my Chicken men are armed with flame throwers, and are given orders to set everything on fire.
Okay, the chicken men set everything on fire. Which includes JFK, the bystanders, Oswald, anyone with a camera, and themselves. Then, in an effort to cover this up, a fake video of a JFK lookalike being "assassinated" is created. You still cause it.

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2008-06-24 at 08:02.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:04   Link #1319
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Okay, the chicken men set everything on fire. Which includes JFK, the bystanders, Oswald, anyone with a camera, and themselves. Then, in an effort to cover this up, a fake video of a JFK lookalike being "assassinated" is created to cover everything up. You still cause it.
That's impossible. Realistically there are to many witnesses, and to much evidence lying around for this to be covered up. It requires that every witness that said JFK was shot to be replaced within minutes of the actuals witnesses cremation, to give the fake testimony. It requires that all surviving witnesses keep their mouth shut. It requires paramedic on the scene to not notice hundreds of burnt bodies. It requires a fake Oswald to manifest to get arrested and then shot by that Italian dude.

This is impossible, Where as the 25 Chicken suited men with flame throwers is merely preposterous.

And technically speaking, what if I arm my Chicken men with thermo nuclear devices in stead of flamethrowers? How will the destruction of the city of Dallas by Nuclear Chicken men cause the JFK assassination as we know it?

At a certain point, trying to prevent the paradox cannot work, because by merely showing up they'll change history. The only thing that can prevent a paradox, is for them to not successfully make the time warp.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:22   Link #1320
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
How will the destruction of the city of Dallas by Nuclear Chicken men cause the JFK assassination as we know it?
. . . Did you really just ask what I think you did? Your plan to prevent the assassination of JFK is to kill him via blowing up the entire city he's in?

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga