AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 02:18   Link #261
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally rarely go to the synchroom for ISML, as I can glean over much of the info I need just from browsing the main page.

For the other Saimoe tourneys on the other hand, it's pretty darn useful as it pretty much condenses the results, matches, or whatnot in an easy to read format. (I'm especially looking at J-moe, since 2chan is pretty hectic) Believe me, Psieye's website was my best friend during the main tourneys, as it was very VERY useful for people like me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-06-06, 07:38   Link #262
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I volunteer to help with synchroom for Saimoe too if Psieye and company doesn't mind.

But does anyone even check synchroom for ISML?
I didn't even know synchroom was covering ISML until minhtam2448's post just now. But then, I don't follow the main ISML site or thread, either, with all the talk of jewels, ranking, and whatnot...
Old 2008-06-06, 12:18   Link #263
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I didn't even know synchroom was covering ISML until minhtam2448's post just now. But then, I don't follow the main ISML site or thread, either, with all the talk of jewels, ranking, and whatnot...
Yeah, it's no longer like the days in which you win eight or so matches and you just become "champion". Now we have concepts like tiaras, necklaces, and a whole lot more.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:56   Link #264
ando

The schedule of nomination:

6/22          "ア" column
6/23          "カ" column
6/24          "サ" column
6/25          "タ" and "ナ" column
6/26          "ハ" column
6/27          "マ", "ヤ", "ラ" and "ワ" column
6/28~6/29    break(2 days)
6/30~7/01    additional nomination(2 days)
7/02          drawing for the first preliminary

Is it about time to create the thread for Anime Saimoe Tournament 2008?
Old 2008-06-09, 21:01   Link #265
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post

6/22          "ア" column
6/23          "カ" column
6/24          "サ" column
6/26          "ハ" column

Please name it using more generic terms like 2008 Moe Tournament as I believe it needs to cover both Japanese Saimoe and Korean Best Moe, unless the AnimeSuki administrators would like us to split the thread this time.
Old 2008-06-09, 21:01   Link #266
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Seems too soon... It'd be a duplicate of this thread until nominations actually started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Please name it using more generic terms like 2008 Moe Tournament as I believe it needs to cover both Japanese Saimoe and Korean Best Moe, unless the AnimeSuki administrators would like us to split the thread this time.
Generics... =/ There's merit to that, but I don't like it, since the voting instructions, match discussions, and so forth are all separate. Yeah, they're both moe tournaments, but still.
Old 2008-06-09, 22:15   Link #267
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Wotank, pm one of the mods and ask them if you can make a seperate thread.

personally i prefer 2 different ones
Old 2008-06-09, 22:26   Link #268
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Wotank, pm one of the mods and ask them if you can make a seperate thread.

personally i prefer 2 different ones
Actually, wontaek, let me help you out in that. With so many moe tournaments around out there, I think it's time we create a subforum for Saimoé. Why don't we come up with something, then present it to Klashikari (the moderator mostly leaning toward our side), and we can make this work out.
Old 2008-06-10, 09:59   Link #269
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
2 diffferent threads will b good. One for Korean one for Japanese, so ppl wont get mixed up.
Old 2008-06-10, 12:48   Link #270
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
With so many moe tournaments around out there, I think it's time we create a subforum for Saimoé.
Insufficient number of tournaments people are interested in, I would think. There's only so many threads you can create before things just start repeating and people get tired of following yet another tournament. The Korean and Japanese tournaments are big enough and distinct enough in implementation (voting mechanism, tournament structure, ...) to justify separate threads. Are there any other tournaments that can compare? If there are other competitions people care about, maybe you can create a fourth "Moe competitions (other)" and be done with it. Four threads (Japan, Korea, International, other) isn't that excessive, is it?
Old 2008-06-10, 17:11   Link #271
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Insufficient number of tournaments people are interested in, I would think. There's only so many threads you can create before things just start repeating and people get tired of following yet another tournament. The Korean and Japanese tournaments are big enough and distinct enough in implementation (voting mechanism, tournament structure, ...) to justify separate threads. Are there any other tournaments that can compare? If there are other competitions people care about, maybe you can create a fourth "Moe competitions (other)" and be done with it. Four threads (Japan, Korea, International, other) isn't that excessive, is it?
If anything, we can make it a restricted forum, as in moderators are the only ones allowed to create threads, but that is for them to decide.
Old 2008-06-10, 17:21   Link #272
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
If anything, we can make it a restricted forum, as in moderators are the only ones allowed to create threads, but that is for them to decide.
But what I'm saying is, it seems like a waste of space to have a subforum with only four threads. And I don't think many mods would want to go to the trouble of deciding whether or not some random new tournament is worth creating a new thread for. Any other threads would just sit there ignored anyway.
Old 2008-06-10, 18:08   Link #273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The threads from previous years Saimoes and related competitions could be added to the subforum.
Old 2008-06-10, 18:19   Link #274
Eater of All
NOM

Though my words don't hold much weight, I actually support what KaneDragon said.

He supports the seperate thread thing for Korea/Japan, but making a whole new subforum just for Saimoe-related matters is still a bit too much. For ISML, it might still be possible that we are able to squeeze in different threads for different aspects for organization (ie Graphic matters, or Technicalties, or whatever). Yet we don't control Japan/Korea's tournaments, and the most we can do is make a thread for discussion and another for campaigning.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2008-06-10 at 19:08.
Old 2008-06-10, 18:29   Link #275
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

While I agree that a separate thread would make it easier to isolate the Saimoe-related threads, keep in mind that this is the General Anime forum, and the previous Saimoe thread and current ISML thread are the two largest threads, so it wouldn't be necessary to keep them isolated, being that they'd always be on the front page.

And I'm not sure if I'm for a thread for both K SaiMoe and J SaiMoe, since while it would be easier to discuss each one, I'd have to jump back and forth a lot.
Old 2008-06-10, 18:57   Link #276
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
But what I'm saying is, it seems like a waste of space to have a subforum with only four threads. And I don't think many mods would want to go to the trouble of deciding whether or not some random new tournament is worth creating a new thread for. Any other threads would just sit there ignored anyway.
While I would agree with this statement if we are talking about just Korea, Japan, and International, keep in mind that I am seriously thinking about moving the official International Saimoe forums to AnimeSuki, and Klashikari has said that he is willing to work with me on it provided I cover all aspects of this issue. So the sub-forum won't be just four-threads as you stated, as it will be filled with different areas of staff work on ISML.

Speaking of which, doesn't K Saimoe start today?
Old 2008-06-10, 19:18   Link #277
Eater of All
NOM

a). If the workspace that a subforum provides is necessary for better ISML efficiency, and because a subforum only including ISML and not the other Saimoes would be kind of irrational, then +1 to subforum.

b). If Samoe-related matters are clogging the General Anime section, then a +1 to subforum as well.

c). The subforum (if ensued) can serve as a central meeting place for all that would want to talk about Saimoe. Perhaps a sticky on history/what it is would sound nice as well. Basically, "Saimoe? Here."
Old 2008-06-10, 19:19   Link #278
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
I am seriously thinking about moving the official International Saimoe forums to AnimeSuki, and Klashikari has said that he is willing to work with me on it provided I cover all aspects of this issue. So the sub-forum won't be just four-threads as you stated, as it will be filled with different areas of staff work on ISML.
...Why does International get so many threads on "staff work"? What do you mean by staff work? What other kinds of threads would be in this proposed subforum?
Old 2008-06-10, 19:56   Link #279
wontaek

Quote:
While I would agree with this statement if we are talking about just Korea, Japan, and International, keep in mind that I am seriously thinking about moving the official International Saimoe forums to AnimeSuki, and Klashikari has said that he is willing to work with me on it provided I cover all aspects of this issue. So the sub-forum won't be just four-threads as you stated, as it will be filled with different areas of staff work on ISML.

Speaking of which, doesn't K Saimoe start today?
Korean Best Moe starts on July 2nd with the first preliminary match scheduled for July 10th. They are discussing about the finer details so there is a chance that some dates may be modified.

Spoiler for Korean Best Moe Schedule in Korean:
Old 2008-06-10, 20:02   Link #280
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:

6/22          "ア" column
6/23          "カ" column
6/24          "サ" column
6/26          "ハ" column
Can you explain how that is supposed to work?

Also, do you know if this one qualifies? I don't know the stance towards doujin animu there is...
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe