Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 15:37   Link #321
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is50K-VL5Fc

The music i speak about anyways ... :s
And remember Leomon ?
You will know what that will going to do with Apollomon.

Spoiler for Apollomon:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 18:09   Link #322
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is50K-VL5Fc

The music i speak about anyways ... :s
And remember Leomon ?
You will know what that will going to do with Apollomon.

Spoiler for Apollomon:
Spoiler for Apollomon speculation:
Old 2011-07-31, 21:27   Link #323
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 44: The Bonds of X7! Grand Battle with Gravimon!

Episode 43's cliffhanger with the prologue of episode 44 watched in a combined viewing made X7's appearance to truly kick Gravimon's ass right off the start.

Another episode that goes to my list of top best episodes for this Digimon series, because it got lots of interesting developments.

Spoiler:

So, it's only one Death General left before Yuu, DarkKnightmon, and Bagramon.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 22:05   Link #324
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Apollomon speculation:
But.... Apollomon's is like Kiriha so he has to live on. Both were recruited to the dark side and have good sides to them. Nene's brother is also there so they can't just keep killing those generals forever.
Old 2011-08-01, 00:43   Link #325
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But.... Apollomon's is like Kiriha so he has to live on. Both were recruited to the dark side and have good sides to them. Nene's brother is also there so they can't just keep killing those generals forever.
Yeah, but Kiriha had the benefit of being human and being involved for most of the series. Apollomon just showed up in the latest episode so not sure he has the same protection.

Think that unless Taiki handles Yuu soon that it'll be Nene's fight to deal with her brother. Even in the final battle should be able to stagger fighting seriously powerful guys without needing to add someone like Apollomon. Plus right now Apollomon's usefulness is going to be questionable with the self-inflicted damage on his arm. I could see him being useful since they do have a lot of enemies to deal with, but could just as easily see him dying.
Old 2011-08-03, 15:01   Link #326
Homura7

I have a question. How many chapters this season will have? Because as things are now there's just no way this is going to end any soon, unless we are for a third season.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:06   Link #327
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
I have a question. How many chapters this season will have? Because as things are now there's just no way this is going to end any soon, unless we are for a third season.
By chapters do you mean episodes?

I think this is gonna last 55-60 episodes personally.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:30   Link #328
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
By chapters do you mean episodes?

I think this is gonna last 55-60 episodes personally.
It will be between 48 and 52 (the common format).
It's pretty clear they're gonna rush it. Next time, they'll defeat the last general and we're good for the final fight.

We are near the end, and I can't stop thinking that this was the worst digimon show ever.
It's only my opinion, and I was hoping for some "good" plot-twist but :
- the new digimons are ugly
- the human partners are so bad (the chara design doesn't help)
- the plot is lame
- the Shoutmon DX fusion is just stupid (when Kiriha and Taiki are waiting to combine their X-loads)

It's painful to watch it to the end, but hey, just a few episodes left.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 18:08   Link #329
Homura7

You are kidding, right? This is by far one of the best seasons I've watched, definitely better than 02, Tamers, Frontier and Savers.
Old 2011-08-03, 18:39   Link #330
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
You are kidding, right? This is by far one of the best seasons I've watched, definitely better than 02, Tamers, Frontier and Savers.
Erf. I'm not.
But as I say, I didn't like it. It doesn't mean it's bad. Just that to me, it is.

Digimon 01was nice to me.
02 was a sequel, so I was pleased to see the old chara growing up. And the new ones were cool (though the all digi-eggs arc bothered me)
Tamers got some great digivolution animation. But I wasn't really into it.
Frontier, I greatly enjoyed the fact that the kids turned into digimons. The animation was super nice. It was my favorite.
Savers was so-so.

The fact that we had to wait for 30 episodes to finally get a digivolution pissed me off. They gave me some Power-Rangers-mecha... Digi-cross is (to me, that is to say) a dumb thing.

I know some people liked the change, but I didn't.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 22:26   Link #331
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Hard to say until the series is done, but feel at this point that Xros Wars certainly is one of the better Digimon series we've seen lately. I still think the first series is at the top with Tamers slotting into second behind it. At this point think Xros Wars will probably slip into number 3. I didn't think the eliminating of levels and mostly using Digi Xros would do that well, but in the end it wasn't too bad. I'd still like to go back, but as a series specific idea it didn't turn out too bad.
Old 2011-08-04, 00:05   Link #332
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Just watched 46:

Spoiler for 46/47 Preview:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 06:25   Link #333
Homura7

In order to asses which saga is better I take into account many important things. To me Xros Wars is already above Tamers and all the previous sagas except Adventure simply because of one thing: there's no fucking stupid taken out of the ass jelly-like monster as final villian.

In addition to that, a good number of reasons for why I currently consider Xros Wars the best after Adventure.

-Likeable main characters. From Taiki the lead to Nene the main female I like all of them
-Shoutmon, Greymon virus type and Sparrowmon. Best main digimon partners ever!
-A set of awesome and really strong villians introduced from the very first episode. Remember all it took to defeat Tactimon forever? Yeah, that speaks volumes of their strenght
-Many digimon from previous sagas coming back even more awesome than before
-Mervamon. Best female digimon ever
-Apollomon being featured as how a digimon of his level (ultimate) is supposed to. Absolutely kickass!
-The Xros system introduces an infinite number of possibilities
-As previously stated, the elimination of the digimon levels, which makes fights outcomes harder to predict
-Etc, etc

Spoiler:
Misleading, that preview is misleading. If something I learned from Digimon is that previews not always mean what you think.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-08-04, 07:57   Link #334
Akashin

Quote:
-The Xros system introduces an infinite number of possibilities
This actually really bugs me, mostly because it's so true. I've loved the Xros system since the beginning, mainly because it felt to me like an open-ended variation of DNA Digivolution, which I've always liked. But this far into the series, it's far more limited than I'd hoped. We have an open ended system with as many possibilities as there are Digimon to push together, but we end up seeing the same combinations a la every other season. Half the time I find myself wondering, "What would combining those two Digimon do?" and, with very few exceptions, my curiosity goes unanswered.

It's not really a problem that detracts from the show, but it does irk me.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 09:52   Link #335
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
[SPOILER]

Misleading, that preview is misleading. If something I learned from Digimon is that previews not always mean what you think.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for 47 Preview:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 10:18   Link #336
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Better than Zero Two and Frontier? Yes.
Better than Savers? No.
Better than Tamers? Hell no.

Thing is, while Xros Wars has nice animation, excellent music and some pretty damn cool fight-scenes, it lacks what Adventure and Tamers had in spades; Clearly defined, well-developed characters who are all equally important to the plot. It took us over 40 episodes before we got any more than vague hints at Kiriha's character, Taiki has had one flashback that really only served to explain that one single defining trait of his and that's pretty much all we've got for him too, Nene's personality seemed to completely change the moment she broke off from DarkKnightmon, and Akari and Zenjirou were literally written out of the show after 30 episodes of barely making any contributions to the story whatsoever.
Also, the pacing is uneven as hell, and introducing no less than seven new villains in addition to the three older ones that had yet to be defeated, giving us basically 10 antagonists to deal with in around 20 episodes? Pretty damn terrible idea right there. I don't like putting it like this as it makes it seem as if I hate Xros Wars, which is not at all true, but it is far from the best Digimon-series, and it really relies more on just the sheer coolness-factor rather than giving us any actual substance. But for what it's worth, it is pretty damn cool.
Old 2011-08-04, 12:40   Link #337
Homura7

Forget about personal tastes and such, just read episode 48 summary, you're all gonna shit bricks!

Spoiler for 48 summary:
Old 2011-08-04, 15:03   Link #338
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Where can I watch Episode 46 with English Subtitles?!
Old 2011-08-04, 15:14   Link #339
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
Where can I watch Episode 46 with English Subtitles?!
At the moment, you can't. None of the subbers seem to be done with it yet. Still, RyuuRogue has started releasing faster lately, so I reckon we'll be seeing it out within a day or two.
Old 2011-08-04, 15:19   Link #340
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
At the moment, you can't. None of the subbers seem to be done with it yet. Still, RyuuRogue has started releasing faster lately, so I reckon we'll be seeing it out within a day or two.
Yeah I've noticed they've increased their pace, but it's still not fast enough for me.

I want the episodes to be subbed and released 2 or 3 days after they have aired on TV!