AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-02-21, 15:53   Link #41
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I know about that but that was for readers. The casts themselves have no idea about that and they can't check their stats by popping out the in-game menu like other isekai based Arpg anime.
Well there are general stats it’s just more built in. Stats are just built into the overall world.
Old 2018-02-21, 17:25   Link #42
AB079
Banned

What's more important, what part of the story is a good place to end the adaptation?
Old 2018-02-21, 17:50   Link #43
Twi

Hmm... probably Volume 2's end, depending on the length. Volume 1 would take up like 7 episodes depending on how its spaced, so Volume 2 could be adapted in that space for a single cour.

Edit: Let me rephrase that, Volume 1 needs at least seven episodes to milk enough details out. 2 for the first part where hero meets heroine, one for the the burning of old tree, two for the mid-boss, and two for clash at the farm.
Old 2018-02-21, 19:06   Link #44
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I know about that but that was for readers. The casts themselves have no idea about that and they can't check their stats by popping out the in-game menu like other isekai based Arpg anime.
I am pretty sure High Elf Archer, Barrier-chan, Cow Girl and Guild girl can check their stats. Just because they let Demon lord destroy world few times, doesn't mean they can't read...
Old 2018-02-21, 19:14   Link #45
Twi

It's not a game for the ones living on that world. A headshot is a headshot.
Old 2018-02-22, 02:44   Link #46
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post
TBH tho, getting 2 volumes adapted in 1-cour is pretty much a luxury for LN now when the norm is like 3/4 volumes in 1-cour nowadays. We had 1 volume per cour adaptation like Rokka no Yuusha for the latest one but that didnt do so well on sales. But then, we also had 5 volumes crammed into 1-cour like DanMachi which did quite well for itself (mostly for Hestia but still).

Just saying that if that's how you're putting up your standards, you're putting yourself up for a disappointment here.
After falling in love with the story and the manga as well, I don't want to see it get short changed. I know some sacrifices will have to be made. But I'm really nervous about this one.

I really want this to do well and get a comparable amount of attention that other great anime adaptations are getting. I hope the staff and White Fox are on their A-game.

Ideally, I want this to do well and for the Year One manga to also get an adaptation.

Quote:
I am pretty sure High Elf Archer, Barrier-chan, Cow Girl and Guild girl can check their stats. Just because they let Demon lord destroy world few times, doesn't mean they can't read...
They just have a more general casual way of doing it. In the Goblin Slayer world you can "level up" and train to get more miracles or do more magical spells in a day. They just don't call it leveling up. Characters all have special classes and such. They have special items that give them abilities or have different attributes just like in video games and they are described in a similar way. It's just done in a way that's makes it more built into this fantasy world. Like Priestess is able to cast I think three miracle spells a day. I think Dwarf Shaman has about 5-6 depending. So they all have stats, limits and attributes like in RPGs.

They simply don't have those magic status plates that usually show up in isekai stories. Instead of like a telepathic HUD menu, they have those magical status plates that show them everything. Or in DanMachi, they have it on their backs that can be accessed using magic.
Old 2018-02-22, 13:41   Link #47
Twi

Priestess being able to cast 3 spells a day is considered a prodigy for all intents and purposes when the average starts out at 1. Dwarf Shaman and Lizard Priest have been at it much longer too since they're experienced and older, so you can't it leveling up at all. They don't get status cards, their name tags just state their names so that you can identify them and what they're made of tells you if the Guild thinks they've been working hard enough to move up in rank.

Mind you, they do have terms for NPCs, Stats, and Experience points, so its clearly based on that.
Old 2018-02-22, 14:09   Link #48
Wheeljack83

I think you can. The adventurer's start at porcelain rank and have to level up their ranks at the guild.

As I recall, Priestess only knew Holy Light and Heal at first. Then she learned the holy shield miracle thanks to her training.
Old 2018-02-22, 15:14   Link #49
Twi

It was a handout from her Goddess after she went back to the temple and prayed for a few days. That was before her second outing was showed, the one with the fortress and creative killing was discussed. She gained 2 spells that day instead of 1, both of which she used when she went on the quest that led to her ranking up after that. The one that established how physics and water pressure was a factor.
Old 2018-02-22, 17:39   Link #50
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It was a handout from her Goddess after she went back to the temple and prayed for a few days. That was before her second outing was showed, the one with the fortress and creative killing was discussed. She gained 2 spells that day instead of 1, both of which she used when she went on the quest that led to her ranking up after that. The one that established how physics and water pressure was a factor.
That's training and leveling up in this world
Old 2018-02-22, 17:40   Link #51
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post

They just have a more general casual way of doing it. In the Goblin Slayer world you can "level up" and train to get more miracles or do more magical spells in a day. They just don't call it leveling up. Characters all have special classes and such. They have special items that give them abilities or have different attributes just like in video games and they are described in a similar way. It's just done in a way that's makes it more built into this fantasy world. Like Priestess is able to cast I think three miracle spells a day. I think Dwarf Shaman has about 5-6 depending. So they all have stats, limits and attributes like in RPGs.

They simply don't have those magic status plates that usually show up in isekai stories. Instead of like a telepathic HUD menu, they have those magical status plates that show them everything. Or in DanMachi, they have it on their backs that can be accessed using magic.
Geez, saying girls can see their stats was supposed be joke on them playing pseudo D&D. You know their hobby...

I even said world got destroyed! Shouldn't that be big enough hint?
Old 2018-02-22, 17:44   Link #52
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Geez, saying girls can see their stats was supposed be joke on them playing pseudo D&D. You know their hobby...

I even said world got destroyed! Shouldn't that be big enough hint?
Sorry, sometimes I skim over things on my phone.
Old 2018-02-24, 19:08   Link #53
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Just heard about the adaptation. It is good news indeed but as usual, we can't help but worry a bit as well considering how often we've been burned.

...damn, now I can't help but wonder how "bouncy" Cow girl would be on-screen.

*shakes head* Anyway, I wonder just how dark they can go...how is White Fox's record regarding such?
Old 2018-02-25, 01:56   Link #54
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Just heard about the adaptation. It is good news indeed but as usual, we can't help but worry a bit as well considering how often we've been burned.

...damn, now I can't help but wonder how "bouncy" Cow girl would be on-screen.

*shakes head* Anyway, I wonder just how dark they can go...how is White Fox's record regarding such?
White Fox apparently made Re:Zero. Unless you absolutely hated that show, I think this is a good sign.
Old 2018-02-25, 06:43   Link #55
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh, cool.

Haven't finished ReZero & I've been unable to get back to it for a while now so I've totally forgotten that they were in charge of it.

Took a quick look at their past jobs, looking good so far I guess.
Old 2018-02-25, 07:21   Link #56
Tenzen12

I am good as long as they do justice to High Elf Archer (no pun intended).
Old 2018-02-27, 00:40   Link #57
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Game-like RPG fantasy? what the heck you guys talking about?

there is no classes, people just get called by their job title or what they do, like in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the "quest system" is entirely manually operated by a guild, with paper, not by a game system of some sort. there is no stat or level system either, monster also need to reproduce biologically. there is not a single game mechanic shown either in the LN or the manga.

It's just a story set in a fantasy setting, nothing more, nothing less.

so really guys? wtf are you talking about? have you guys even read the LN/Manga?
Old 2018-02-27, 00:44   Link #58
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Game-like RPG fantasy? what the heck you guys talking about?

there is no classes, people just get called by their job title or what they do, like in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the "quest system" is entirely manually operated by a guild, with paper, not by a game system of some sort. there is no stat or level system either, monster also need to reproduce biologically. there is not a single game mechanic shown either in the LN or the manga.

It's just a story set in a fantasy setting, nothing more, nothing less.

so really guys? wtf are you talking about? have you guys even read the LN/Manga?
It mostly stems from the fact that the sign-up sheet for the adventurer's guild is a 5E sheet from DnD: https://imgur.com/a/NY5so, which has blanks for you to put your stats in.

Then there's the whole "rolling the dice" scene. If anything has come up in the LN I wouldnt know, I only read the manga.
Old 2018-02-27, 00:45   Link #59
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
It mostly stems from the fact that the sign-up sheet for the adventurer's guild is a 5E sheet from DnD: https://imgur.com/a/NY5so

Then there's the whole "rolling the dice" scene.
it's just some fun references, nothing that make Goblin Slayer's world game-like in anyway.
Old 2018-02-27, 02:54   Link #60
Wheeljack83

The term NPC is an accepted term in the world for "Non-Prayer Characters."
Closed Thread