AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-21, 04:27   Link #81
Chrono Helix

All this talk of books and knowledge has me thinking about Discworld and its L-space. (Knowledge = power = ...)
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 14:59   Link #82
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hmmm...interesting.

hope this series gets subbed.
Old 2008-04-22, 19:20   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah... I figured there were challenging aspects to subbing the show.....

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign...
Old 2008-04-22, 21:00   Link #84
feRfe

sounds like a task for a.f.k.
too bad strato is dead
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 23:26   Link #85
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I guess so. The problem with this is that it is not exactly the easiest to fansub for most groups. Moreover, the groups that are dealing with it have their hands full. Of course, if someone would want a "your-mom" version (well, much better as in no typos and silly mistakes), I could do a stop-gap before the quality subs come in.

Everything is still unconfirmed though. I don't think that anyone will really want me to translate and go bonkers. =3
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:02   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I know enough about Aegisub to process an episode... but you'd have to wait weeks at the speed I work
Old 2008-04-23, 07:17   Link #87
wao
OK.

After episode 2 I decided that while I usually like a bit of braininess in some series, I'm going to just take the library war thing as a metaphor or something vague (like... a background element, i.e. I'll follow the hand-waving and not take it too seriously/question it a lot)

...and instead enjoy the oooooh so cute interactions between the characters. Special A should take a leaf out of this show for how to make character relationships squee-worthy despite a (perhaps overly) fast pace.

Although I have to admit that end of episode 2 WAS really sudden. I mean sheesh we could see it coming and it was ridiculously cute but they could've paced it out more... I guess this means there's even more plot twists and things to keep me giggling to last the end of the show.

Well, at least I enjoy this much mroe than FMP for now. I like how the directing does not get on my nerves very much. It feels natural enough to me (and I like Shibazaki's voice acting a lot! Particularly the bit where she started laughing after the bear thing)

Right, now you all can start shooting me for taking a fluffy approach to this anime.
Old 2008-04-23, 13:41   Link #88
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Right, now you all can start shooting me for taking a fluffy approach to this anime.
I like fluffy things too. I like them even more when I can understand them. *hint* *hint* *looks at fansubbers expectedly*
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:46   Link #89
vivacioussky
Hyper Bunny

It's a pity for people like me. I would love to watch the raws, but I think I;ll just end up missing loads of stuff. I have no choice but wait for the subs

I have tried to find novel summaries for this series. Can someone please point me in the right direction

Thank you
vivacioussky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:37   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think.. the metaphor of the library wars directly corresponds to the ongoing fight in Japan over its history texts -- will the rightwingnuttery assert more and more control and continue to revise history or will moderate forces be able to push the book content to a more balanced level of content?....
I agree, except that I think both sides in that debate might identify themselves with the ones being censored.

I really thought the premise sounded silly when I first heard it, but they are playing it very well, it seems to me. Makes emotional and metaphorical sense to me. Of course, I also like the fluffy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 02:55   Link #91
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

It's possible AFK will be back after exam season, he might pick this up after finishing zoku sayonara zetsubou sensei

EDIT: Good news, seems Menclave is subbing this, just read through their progress posts.

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2008-04-25 at 06:28. Reason: new stuff to report
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 07:05   Link #92
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So...we're going into the third week of raws...

Spoiler for Ep.3 summary (raw):
Old 2008-04-25, 07:50   Link #93
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I added a torrent for episode 1, by TSHNN. Please let me know if it isn't an actual fansub
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:45   Link #94
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
cant wait to get home and judge for myself how the subs are.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 10:40   Link #95
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

WE'VE GOT SUBS!! WOOHOO!!

*dances a happy dance*
Old 2008-04-25, 15:36   Link #96
Molenir

I definitely had issues with episode 3. What are they shooting, rubber bullets? No one ever seems to get hit, despite the millions of bullets being fired. How ludicrous was that. This is a military organization? Me thinks they need a little more time on the range.

Glad this is finally being subbed. Subs look pretty good too. Hope they keep going.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 15:38   Link #97
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
INo one ever seems to get hit, despite the millions of bullets being fired. How ludicrous was that.
It's not ludicrous, it's the Stormtrooper Effect. Hard fundamental science (of fiction)! 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:15   Link #98
Kirarakim

Aww the first episode was cute. I am not really sure about the execution of the plot but I already enjoy the two main characters. So I'll keep watching for now.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 17:20   Link #99
Ransom

Hmm. The sub of ep. 1 I saw seemed to suggest that the Library Brigade was associated with a defense ministry, while the Media Improvement folks were a specially created government task force. Given that you have the military on one side of defending books, and federales acting "for the children" on the other, it feels like "nasty right-wingers vs. leftist/moderates" isn't the only way to interpret the series. Lots of people from all parts of the political spectrum want to ban books/media outlets they don't like, after all.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 17:55   Link #100
Kaijin
かいじん

Does anyone know the two groups that have subbed this so far. Are they good? I've seen releases from Euthanasia and TSHNN. I've never heard of them, so I was just wondering?

Tags
noitamina, production i.g.