5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-04, 16:11   Link #81
Irenesharda

Well, this is my very first Fate/ series and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. I've been very confused on where to start with this series since it has so many pieces to it. I've never seen the first Fate/Stay Night, nor Fate/Zero and so I'm coming into this completely new.

There are some things that seem to rely on the other series for, such as what this Holy war is, what is up with these mage families, what's up with Rin's family, who the orange haired kid is, and these servant warriors that are all known by their combat weapons rather than actual names. However, the animation was nice, and other than the the parts I listed above, I can pretty much understand what is going on to a degree. The fight scenes are really good and the music is superb. I think I can get into this. It's cool so far.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:14   Link #82
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theminimanx View Post
If they assume people have the knowledge from F/SN, why have the infodump in the first place?
Because the infodump from FSN and F/Z isn't the same. F/Z expands on F/SN origins, so, some of it is new or how it exactly went down is new.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:35   Link #83
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, this is my very first Fate/ series and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. I've been very confused on where to start with this series since it has so many pieces to it. I've never seen the first Fate/Stay Night, nor Fate/Zero and so I'm coming into this completely new.

There are some things that seem to rely on the other series for, such as what this Holy war is, what is up with these mage families, what's up with Rin's family, who the orange haired kid is, and these servant warriors that are all known by their combat weapons rather than actual names. However, the animation was nice, and other than the the parts I listed above, I can pretty much understand what is going on to a degree. The fight scenes are really good and the music is superb. I think I can get into this. It's cool so far.
Welcome! And
Spoiler:

For you shall soon achieve your YUETSU!!
Old 2014-10-04, 16:39   Link #84
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
Welcome! And
Spoiler:

For you shall soon achieve your YUETSU!!
Thank you,

but who's that and what is yuetsu? Never mind, I'm guessing that I will know in time.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:42   Link #85
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Episode was so good really can't wait until next episode Saber revel at the end was so beautiful and elegant for me. I was going to skip this episode and wait for Shirou episode but I an glad i didn't it was so good. Hope Uflotable adapt more Type Moon series like fate/extra and fate/extra ccc along with Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and Fate/Apocrypha because they did this episode justice.
Old 2014-10-04, 16:43   Link #86
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That was great. I agree with TwilightsCall (your avatar is so similar to GreyZone's I thought he had changed his name) that Lancer's powering up wasn't intense enough. It needed more bass like the VN had.

Rin, as always, is Rin, and awesome.
Nah I still have my signature that should have been distinct enough to recognise me I mean I have long ago announced to be an inquisitor of "knowledge" and "lore" gained through VN anime-adaptions by DEEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Why is ufotable so good?

Why does it make me sad when I remember that only the prologue occurs from Rin's perspective?

Where are the Shirou defenders, because I just called them!
I have absolutely no idea who you may be talking about... I have never once heard the name "Shirou" in this episode. Is perhaps a name of some character from Fate/Zero that I forgot?
Old 2014-10-04, 16:44   Link #87
chaos_alfa

Quote:

Nothing shown in this episode actually relies on the other series, except for on detail which wasn't in the visual novel. It is very fateful to the visual novel, so all your questions will be answered in due time.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:47   Link #88
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I dunno who this "Shirou" is, all I saw was some random kid getting stabbed in the heart by Lancer.

Obvious Redshirt is obvious.

Actually that's a good one. I'll save that for future use. XD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:51   Link #89
The Green One

*rolls eyes* Now now, Rin is still the costar, lets be reasonable here.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:52   Link #90
Random14

Awesome prologue, beautiful animation, oh this is going to be such a good series (hopefully). Nice to follow Rin the whole time, she's such a great character, always so entertaining (grumpy when waking up but sort of acts nice at school). And epic fight scene between Archer and Lancer, can't wait to see what else is in store.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:54   Link #91
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I have absolutely no idea who you may be talking about... I have never once heard the name "Shirou" in this episode. Is perhaps a name of some character from Fate/Zero that I forgot?
Your sig image...it's awesome
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 16:55   Link #92
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I dunno who this "Shirou" is, all I saw was some random kid getting stabbed in the heart by Lancer.

Obvious Redshirt is obvious.

Actually that's a good one. I'll save that for future use. XD
Oh, I see! "Shirou" is that character ufotable cut out from the adaption due to fan demand, which I heard about in the internet! Everything makes sense now!

In that case talking about that non-existent character is off-topic, isn't it? You should delete/edit your posts!

Quote:
Your sig image...it's awesome
Yes, that sig is from some not all too noteworthy niche-VN. Pay no heed to it. It's only function is to protest against DEEN's existence, who were luckily reduced to a mere on-demand animation studio that has no say on the script, as seen in Log Horizon 2.
Old 2014-10-04, 17:01   Link #93
GDB

Quote:
Nah I still have my signature that should have been distinct enough to recognise me I mean I have long ago announced to be an inquisitor of "knowledge" and "lore" gained through VN anime-adaptions by DEEN.
I have signatures turned off.

Quote:
Yeah, he was in the last half of the last episode, ya goof.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:02   Link #94
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Twitter user deepbluejeer translated Nasu's commentary. You can read it here.
Old 2014-10-04, 17:10   Link #95
mirakura

I think they are talking about the red head, 'Emiya'. That dude that the blue haired guys with the deep voice was with. The one that says Rin's an early riser.
Old 2014-10-04, 17:11   Link #96
Gundamx

Quote:
Why is ufotable so good?

Why does it make me sad when I remember that only the prologue occurs from Rin's perspective?

Where are the Shirou defenders, because I just called them!
actually, it would be better if you don't even mention his name since I can't answer you without spoiler
(he didn't even show up officially yet)

anyway, it's unlimited Blade Work route so there will be many defenders of him
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:13   Link #97
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, he was in the last half of the last episode, ya goof.
What? I didn't EVER HEAR the name "Shirou", neither did I even once read this in the subs and this thread is dedicated to only this episode (and the ones that aired before), so who is this "Shirou" you are talking about? You... you aren't spoiling, are you?
Old 2014-10-04, 17:14   Link #98
Thess

Quote:
Thank you,

but who's that and what is yuetsu? Never mind, I'm guessing that I will know in time.
Fate/Zero reference.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:17   Link #99
mirakura

Quote:
What? I didn't EVER HEAR the name "Shirou", neither did I even once read this in the subs and this thread is dedicated to only this episode (and the ones that aired before), so who is this "Shirou" you are talking about? You... you aren't spoiling, are you?
They're talking about Emiya-kun. The red head, who's name was mentioned by the blue-haired with the deep voice.
Old 2014-10-04, 17:17   Link #100
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Twitter user deepbluejeer translated Nasu's commentary. You can read it here.
"The suspicious person loitering within campus ran away. Everyone, please be careful when staying out late at night!

Lancer wastes no time in going out to kill. What very efficient movement."

See folks! This is what happens to side characters. Expendable Redshirts are quite expendable.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote