AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-26, 12:55   Link #1061
alex_drian

Dropped

For now at least. More or less I intuit where we'll go from here and I don't like it. It'll be a shitfest but of the no fun. Maybe I back when all go to shit, and someone has died. Fatguy have a pair of deathflags atop and maybe Ikuno.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 16:47   Link #1062
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Dropped

For now at least. More or less I intuit where we'll go from here and I don't like it. It'll be a shitfest but of the no fun. Maybe I back when all go to shit, and someone has died. Fatguy have a pair of deathflags atop and maybe Ikuno.
It's a shame you dropped this but sometimes it's best to watch a anime that is two count in one sitting
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 06:19   Link #1063
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Next episode Kokoro will ask Nana how children are made and she will go nuke. Kids will start to see that the adults lie to them about stuff or at least hide something.

Later in the story they might learn that they are clones, mass produced clones so they do not get born the normal human way, at the end of the series they might run away from plantation and start living in a small human town near the ocean like humans used to do, kinda learn how and what it is to be human.
Funny, this actually does not sound anything like what this show would do to me.

Interestingly, I wonder about the people who see this as utterly predictable, exactly what are you using as the example of your prediction? Maybe it emulates shows or movies I've never seen before?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 07:07   Link #1064
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Quote:
Next episode Kokoro will ask Nana how children are made and she will go nuke. Kids will start to see that the adults lie to them about stuff or at least hide something.

Later in the story they might learn that they are clones, mass produced clones so they do not get born the normal human way, at the end of the series they might run away from plantation and start living in a small human town near the ocean like humans used to do, kinda learn how and what it is to be human.
Funny, this actually does not sound anything like what this show would do to me.

Interestingly, I wonder about the people who see this as utterly predictable, exactly what are you using as the example of your prediction? Maybe it emulates shows or movies I've never seen before?
What zibi88 suggested sounds similar to some events in Shin Sekai Yori (but with super-robot elements) which I already addressed in my previous comments some pages back. But of course, we don't know if Franxx will have the guts to follow the SSY-path.
Old 2018-02-27, 22:10   Link #1065
KPSJ

Daily Reminder that Ichigo is best girl
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 23:21   Link #1066
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Spoiler for Nah:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 02:57   Link #1067
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah no thanks, I don't like girls who abuse people who did nothing wrong.
Old 2018-02-28, 03:08   Link #1068
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What zibi88 suggested sounds similar to some events in Shin Sekai Yori (but with super-robot elements) which I already addressed in my previous comments some pages back. But of course, we don't know if Franxx will have the guts to follow the SSY-path.

Similar stuff was in that old now movie "The island" where a company was creating clones as health inssurence, foced to live underground under a lie of toxic and dangerous environment. Later a "generation" of clones started to experience curiousity of the world, emotions, feelings that they never had ect, at the end they all run away from those that created them and lived their own lifes.

In comparison its similar as in current episode after seeing that town, nature, outside world Hiro out of nowhere started to doubt of what papa's say and what humans are doing (mining magma) for so called "humans sake". Mitsuru had his curiousity adventure and found that town, Kokoro found that book and might learn that they were born differently from the stuff in that book, all boys start to be interested on the subject of romance yet have no indication on what it is.

Anyway I would really like an episode where the boys are having a mock battle but in those training units to let them see their skills in piloting. We can see that most of the boys except Hiro are just fooling around, eating, doing nothing while Hiro is training daily. I would like to see individual skill than just big talk on how great they are. This would be nice development for the boys since if they see the lack of skill they came to understand that it might result in their and their partners death.

In ep6 except of Ichigo and Hiro others were struggling on the battlefield, Futoshi has no freaking aim and shoots randomly, Mitsuru is trying to show off on how good he is and forgets about everyone else around him, Zorome similar to Mitsuru is a show off and doesnt pay attention to surroundings. They need to get over thsemselfs and start to work together.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 05:56   Link #1069
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Except these kids aren't just locked away to be used as spare parts. They're used as soldiers to fight monsters. If they actually turn out to be clones and artificial and everything I'll be disappointed.

Them escaping sounds rather unlikely too since it's still a mecha show about fighting monsters.
Old 2018-02-28, 11:36   Link #1070
Magewolf

Quote:
Except these kids aren't just locked away to be used as spare parts. They're used as soldiers to fight monsters. If they actually turn out to be clones and artificial and everything I'll be disappointed.

Them escaping sounds rather unlikely too since it's still a mecha show about fighting monsters.
They are not locked away as spare parts instead they are locked away as expendable solderers to protect the "Adults". Conversely I will be very disappointed if they are not artificially created in some way since it make a lot of the foreshadowing misleading.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 13:04   Link #1071
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have a somewhat crass question so I'll put it in tags
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 13:40   Link #1072
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have a somewhat crass question so I'll put it in tags
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hiro doesn't know what a kiss is but he does know what a pervert is. And the boys seem well aware they like girls.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 14:55   Link #1073
EroKing
Version 6.9

Old 2018-02-28, 16:31   Link #1074
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Hiro doesn't know what a kiss is but he does know what a pervert is. And the boys seem well aware they like girls.
More like the boys look on the girls but are unable to understand what is that feeling they have, they dont know what a kiss is or what ero stuff is.

Kids mostly dont even know how kids are born so they have no such ero dreams and so mostly dont have the so called wet dreams, since they dont even know this stuff exist. The book Kokoro took might push stuff further.

But personaly I kinda feel sorry for the kids...they were forced into those pairings and now boys might think that they are free to do everything they want with the girls to test stuff just becouse they are mecha partners. Like Futoshi acts around Kokoro thinking that she belongs to him, yet as we can see Kokoro is looking a bit too much into Mitsuru direction, like subconciously she would want to get closer to him becouse he acts as strong/dominating personality compared to that weakling demanding fatso.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 17:44   Link #1075
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
They are not locked away as spare parts instead they are locked away as expendable solderers to protect the "Adults". Conversely I will be very disappointed if they are not artificially created in some way since it make a lot of the foreshadowing misleading.
Add to this the question of becoming "Adults". To which the leader of the other plantation squad answered negatively. Adding also 002's view of them as in fact extremely expendable and the picture seems quite well defined. Not sure about the clone aspect, though. They may be just subjects that had all the requirements for the job.
Anyways, it's just that an "irregularity" happened, 002 Hiro meeting, that will stray them all from this scenario to another. Which one? Yeah surely one in which they will regain their freedom, within or without their society, dead or alive seems very feasible.
002 wanted to escape, but now her thirst could be mitigated by Hiro. So probably it will be Hiro that learning the truth will bring this topic back, possibly bringing with them all his friends (if still alive).
If we have to follow the numbers they will take over their plantation and so, from then on, fight back the system. Possibly with some Nines, that will indulge them for their own agenda. They still have the mad scientist on board and, most importantly, their misato/Ramius captain

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 20:03   Link #1076
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Similar stuff was in that old now movie "The Island"
Fun fact: that Michael Bay movie actually ripped off a way older movie called Clonus (1979).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Add to this the question of becoming "Adults". To which the leader of the other plantation squad answered negatively. Adding also 002's view of them as in fact extremely expendable and the picture seems quite well defined. Not sure about the clone aspect, though. They may be just subjects that had all the requirements for the job.
Anyways, it's just that an "irregularity" happened, 002 Hiro meeting, that will stray them all from this scenario to another. Which one? Yeah surely one in which they will regain their freedom, within or without their society, dead or alive seems very feasible.
002 wanted to escape, but now her thirst could be mitigated by Hiro. So probably it will be Hiro that learning the truth will bring this topic back, possibly bringing with them all his friends (if still alive).
If we have to follow the numbers they will take over their plantation and so, from then on, fight back the system. Possibly with some Nines, that will indulge them for their own agenda. They still have the mad scientist on board and, most importantly, their misato/Ramius captain
Yeah, the story so far is like a hodgepodge of Logan's Run (1976) and Shin Sekai Yori (novel in 2008, anime in 2012) but with super-robot and rom-com tropes mixed in. Let's see if Franxx' story can break away from those molds.
Old 2018-02-28, 20:56   Link #1077
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

It would make sense that they are clones considering that they are given serial numbers that include which Garden they came from.
Old 2018-02-28, 21:09   Link #1078
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It would make sense that they are clones considering that they are given serial numbers that include which Garden they came from.
This is starting to sound like the novel "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Don't scare me.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 06:15   Link #1079
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think they have to be clones. They could also just be selected. Or artificially bred idk. Or maybe there's something even more outrageous we haven't even thought of yet.

Not saying they can't be clones. I'm just saying if they are I will be thoroughly disappointed because I find that gimmick to be extremely basic, lame and overdone.
Old 2018-03-01, 09:16   Link #1080
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

No preview for the next ep today ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote