Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-03-22, 13:19   Link #941
AC-Phoenix
Detective

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/c...pace_warships/

Where is my wave motion gun?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 14:09   Link #942
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
-link redacted-

Where is my wave motion gun?
Good question. This doesn't appear to be bad per se... and is the reference to 'Phantoms' in the blurb for the Aurora a hint at a PvE challenge scenario? Still, this and the Arpeggio content just remind me how it's a shame Koei seems to have no current interest in dusting off their Naval Ops/Warship Gunner series... which both of these collections would be so much more at home in.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 01:21   Link #943
Pen3

Just had my first game in the Conqueror with a red transferred captain, so no perk and still got High Caliber, Confederate, Dreadnought, Kraken..... This thing is seriously broken. I purposely tried to play bad, didn't really try to aim that well and just drove straight most of the time. Even the annoying Moskva stood no chance against this HE, just shoot in his general direction and be rewarded heavily.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 02:55   Link #944
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, there is a reason the Conqueror is one of the most hated adversaries in the game - it has too many perks stacked in its favor: stealth, high fire chances, underwater citadel, good heal...and yet WG maintains "Conqueror is fine; is balanz, tovarish".

It should be noted that not even a week ago WG tweaked the game's ballistics algorithm and those minute alterations resulted in the Conqueror's underwater citadel suddenly becoming readily accessible in certain circumstances. You could practically hear the loud cheers from the playerbase across the aisle.

Unfortunately, this has just been fixed, since it was "unintended behavior". However, the developers publicly noted that the players approved of such a change and therefore there's a chance that the Conqueror might be nerfed in the future. One can only hope, but it's WG we're talking about here. Things won't necessarily go our way.

EDIT: got my Alsace yesterday and got rid of the Richelieu. On a side note, I know that I'm probably walking towards the slippery slope of confirmation bias here, but I, too, am now seriously wondering whether WG didn't mess something up with the Missouri. I don't remember its dispersion being this bad...quite the opposite, actually. Of course, it could just be bad RNG, but you know what they say: "once is bad luck, twice is coincidence, thrice is a pattern and four times is hostile action."

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-03-24 at 02:54.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 10:12   Link #945
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

1. Oh Lord, the Alsace is an absolute pleasure to play. Its gun range is quite the downgrade from the Richelieu's, you only get a fighter plane instead of a spotter plane and your armor is far from Kriegsmarine standards, but it's VERY easy to do well in this battleship. Nothing says "catharsis" like twelve BB shells flying straight into your enemy's face...while your secondaries just continuously spit hate in your enemy's general direction.

2. Restarted playing the Zao; I'm performing better now after a period of uncertainty - for some reason, I had forgotten how to play her (her larger turn radius proved to be troublesome for me in certain matches). Heck, in my last match, I won a torpedo duel against a fricking Shimakaze. That was a glorious moment. XD

3. The Akatsuki remains enjoyable, except for DD brawls, as I always get spotted first, even after adding Concealment Expert to my captain's skill set. I'm less than 20K XP away from the Kagero...but I could always fork the FXP to get a Shiratsuyu...weighing my options here.

4. The space battles didn't really click with me, alas, so I'm sticking to Random.

5. WG should think about withdrawing CVs until they figure out a good middle ground for them. Either the CVs are utterly useless, never there when you need them (shame on the players) or they're absolutely overpowered (shame on WG).

6. I'm 15K away (or thereabouts) from the Monarch, but I'm not in a hurry to get what arguably seems to be the RN BB line's low point.

7. Repurchased the Pensacola. This way, once the US cruiser line splits, I'll get a full CA replacement line on top of a free T8 CL.

8. I don't know why, but the Groβer Kurfürst seems reluctant to deal as much damage as what I usually get with, say, my Montana or Yamato. It's puzzling, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-03-31 at 10:29.
Old 2018-04-01, 10:12   Link #946
Psyco Diver

I'm about a month into my break from the game, I hit a point a couple weeks ago when I realized I wasn't having fun anymore. I was getting matches where battleships sniping from max range only using HE, cruisers sitting still broadside firing AP and DD suiciding within the first few minutes of the match. I started wondering if Standard Battle was to complicated because teams would lemming train to one side leaving the Cap exposed. It's almost like the player base in a last few months has degraded severally.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 11:23   Link #947
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

There are days I feel the same and, truth be told, I'm starting to slow down...again (went on hiatus during November-December). Not so much because the degradation in gameplay quality is wearing me down, but simply because I'm running out of ships I want to grind my way up to.

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Add to that the fact that I've finally (re)purchased every old ship I wanted to have back in my port and you'll now find me facing a ever-growing lack of future objectives in this game. I'll practically be grinding just for the XP and the $, which is no fun.

As for the playerbase, well, some streamers are pinning the blame on the influx of new Steam players that reduced overall player quality. And the issues caused by the HE meta and the absolute clusterf*** that is CV gameplay.
Old 2018-04-01, 16:11   Link #948
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I'm about a month into my break from the game, I hit a point a couple weeks ago when I realized I wasn't having fun anymore. I was getting matches where battleships sniping from max range only using HE, cruisers sitting still broadside firing AP and DD suiciding within the first few minutes of the match. I started wondering if Standard Battle was to complicated because teams would lemming train to one side leaving the Cap exposed. It's almost like the player base in a last few months has degraded severally.
I think the Warships is facing the same problem that Tanks has been having. It is the Brazilian and Argentinian player base populating the WG servers. It sounds racist, but it is what it is, just try playing tanks if you don't believe me.
Old 2018-04-01, 20:16   Link #949
Psyco Diver

I put allot of blame with the introduction of the RN BB line honestly, the amount of HE spam seemed to increase allot since their introduction, not just in that line but every BB line. Without the instant deletes AP can give it has now cause cruisers to sail stupidly around because HE doesn't kill instantly like AP does
Old 2018-04-04, 05:00   Link #950
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I put it on Wargaming forcing people to play ships they don't want to via stupid quest, challenges and campaigns.
Its imply no-fun having to play a ship you don't want to.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-04-04, 05:44   Link #951
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I put it on Wargaming forcing people to play ships they don't want to via stupid quest, challenges and campaigns.
Its imply no-fun having to play a ship you don't want to.
That too, I loved them at first but it seems like now there has to be a event for everything
Old 2018-04-04, 07:40   Link #952
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Those events usually allow some leeway in terms of which ships you want to use, preventing you from being definitely locked down to one ship type. I'm not complaining about the profusion of events, BTW: at least it shows the company is involved and keeping the playerbase busy...which is far more than could be said for some competitors that, in comparison, will instead look lethargic if not downright apathetic. *glances at the practically dead Armored Warfare*

However, some of the missions create trends I'm not too fond of, such as "must score (x) torpedo hits on (insert ship type)" that generate whole weekends where you'd witness hordes of DDs bullrushing the caps or ignoring them so that they could get their torp hits on the unfortunate BBs.

The next event, BTW, is a marathon to get the "cruise ship" camo for the Normandie. I admit, it does look good, but I just can't bring myself to care about the Norm when I now have the Alsace and the Lyon, which are much more enjoyable.

EDIT: Holy smokes. Logged back in after a couple days of hiatus and netted myself a Montana Kraken on my first match. There goes my allowance of luck for the entire month!

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-04-04 at 15:36.
Old 2018-04-12, 05:36   Link #953
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm not too happy about the upcoming USN cruiser split, mostly on the ground that the cruisers being moved now suck. I only have up to the Cleveland, but from the looks of the current "Colombia" (the test T8 Cleveland), it is going to be pretty underwhelming/underpowered for T8. I hope to god they give the ship a buff before its official release or it's going to be a nightmare to play.
Old 2018-04-12, 06:15   Link #954
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, there are a lot of concerns with the USN CL line, mostly surrounding the thin armor and the short range. The majority of those ships will have to be played as island campers (kind of like Des Moines, except with much less armor and without the longer reach). I'm also a bit bummed about the Baltimore losing the turret ROF upgrade, but at least the Buffalo gains an extra turret to (mostly) make up for the loss. This however remains a pity, because the fully-upgraded Balt was a gust of fresh air (with all mods and upgrades, it finally had enough range to engage targets at >17km and more or less match its German and Russian counterparts in firepower) after the painful New Orleans grind.

Also, the IJN alternative DD line will finally be completed: https://imgur.com/a/L4rBq
Two Akizuki-based DDs, one aborted design (ordered during WWII, then cancelled) and the other a papierbote: the Kitakaze and Harugumo.

And we'll get a USN campaign with Bull Halsey as a unique captain reward (better him than that idiot Steven Seagal). I'd have preferred Spruance or Nimitz (who were less hotheaded than the Bull and didn't commit the latter's huge mistakes, such as losing 800 men in a storm and getting stupidly baited by the IJN at the Battle of Leyte Gulf), but both of them were almost exclusively CV captains.

In other news, I got myself the Kagero. The Akatsuki is a fine ship with the triple launchers, but that large (for a DD of its tier) detection radius eventually wore me out because I'd always be the last to fire in a DD knife fight. The Kag, OTOH, has access to both the Concealment Expert skill and the Concealment System Mod, which will reduce sea detection radius to a wonderful ~5.4km.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-04-13 at 03:10.
Old 2018-04-13, 10:48   Link #955
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Those events usually allow some leeway in terms of which ships you want to use, preventing you from being definitely locked down to one ship type. I'm not complaining about the profusion of events, BTW: at least it shows the company is involved and keeping the playerbase busy...which is far more than could be said for some competitors that, in comparison, will instead look lethargic if not downright apathetic. *glances at the practically dead Armored Warfare*

However, some of the missions create trends I'm not too fond of, such as "must score (x) torpedo hits on (insert ship type)" that generate whole weekends where you'd witness hordes of DDs bullrushing the caps or ignoring them so that they could get their torp hits on the unfortunate BBs.

The next event, BTW, is a marathon to get the "cruise ship" camo for the Normandie. I admit, it does look good, but I just can't bring myself to care about the Norm when I now have the Alsace and the Lyon, which are much more enjoyable.

EDIT: Holy smokes. Logged back in after a couple days of hiatus and netted myself a Montana Kraken on my first match. There goes my allowance of luck for the entire month!
Its more the Yamamoto campaign and the others, which you can't complete with BBs and CVs alone. - At least not the early stages.
Problem is: You need a T8 ships to complete this, so its technically forcing you to play specific ship types (DDs and CAs)

There are also campaign quests that specifically ask for ship or aerial torpedoes. Some even outright tell you to use Rank VIII Cruisers.

Old 2018-04-13, 10:55   Link #956
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Some of these quests can be repeated ad infinitum to grind those stars, though the rewards are only given once (on the first run).

Oh, BTW, FXP conversion is set at 35XP/DB this weekend instead of 25XP/DB.

As for Yamamoto, it always felt like it was meant to be tackled on after the player had completed Science of Victory and Honorable Service. Which is why it's permanent - you have the time to work your way up to it.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-04-13 at 11:05.
Old 2018-04-14, 21:56   Link #957
Psyco Diver

Been playing here and there on a second account I made for my wife which she has no interest in (WoW is her addiction), got up to T6 with the New Mexico and got the Texas a couple months ago, I decided to play this account some before going back to my main and took out the Texas for a few games and after 4 games and I'm averaging 101k damage in it with a 8 point captain. I do pretty good with my Texas in my main account but not like this, I think WG hates my main account because I never see RNG like this so often
Old 2018-04-16, 02:46   Link #958
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I am super hyped over them finishing the Akizuki line. The Akizuki is hands-down my favorite ship, and getting to go to T9 and T10 versions of it get me quite excited. I guess I better stop converting my exp and start saving to get the next tier.
Old 2018-04-17, 23:39   Link #959
Pen3

First game in the Kongo after about 8 months was better than expected. I don't remember it being this good. Funny thing was i got only one secondary hit, but it was enough to finish off the Texas for close quarters expert.
Old 2018-04-18, 06:13   Link #960
Psyco Diver

Not bad at all, I think I did 150k in one of my ARP Kongos a while back and that took the enemy team making allot of dumb moves in from my

Tags
naval warfare, warships