AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2018-04-19, 00:27   Link #821
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I think it was subtle (cam focusing on his sleeve)
Old 2018-04-25, 06:50   Link #822
Random14

It was only for a few minutes, but it was fun to hear Killerbee rapping again. And huh, so Shukaku can still talk to Gaara. Though if Shukaku sensed something happening to Gyuki, you'd think Kurama would have sensed it too.

I liked that we see Sasuke tell Konohamaru that he'll be teaching Boruto, its nice to see Konohamaru treated seriously rather than just comic relief (and Sasuke even thanked him for looking after Sarada).

I'm looking forward to next episode with all the rivals. They were all minor characters in the movie (less than that even), but there should be more time now to give them a little bit more characterization.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 18:51   Link #823
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I hope we'll see more of Gaara's son. The poor guy barely appeared in the movie. Then again, the manga also made more changes to the movie like making Momoshiki far more overpowered (although his design was completely different).
Old 2018-04-26, 11:00   Link #824
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looking at the OP and the preview for next week, it looks to me they're going to focus on the chuunin exams just as much as in Naruto.
Old 2018-05-03, 20:05   Link #825
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They improved the opening vid a bit, expanded the first exam and even focused more on Gaara's son
Old 2018-05-03, 22:56   Link #826
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

What is the point of watching the movie again ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 10:58   Link #827
Random14

Its a reflection of the times that one of the first big arguments takes place in a burger place. I think the Cloud trio has probably already had more lines in this episode than in the movie. And glad to see the other kages already, its fun to see them together (particularly the Tsuchikage planning to personally retrain those idiots from her village). And even a Kagura mention.

Glad the series had kept Boruto as friendlier than his movie version (since his supporting cast didn't exist back then). And that little race gave everyone a chance for some action. So next week is round two, that's when things get serious, I'm hoping they can expand on the movie fights.
Old 2018-05-04, 10:59   Link #828
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Not much, people were just as bored when the manga did it. However, the manga introduced some differences that make this arc too important to be skipped.
Old 2018-05-05, 13:15   Link #829
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
It is like Macross with its take on Canon. Namely what Canon? Each medium has a different take on the same event.

The first Chuunin exam involving all the five major ninja villages. While this is sign of greater cooperation between the allies of the last war the smaller villages are left out.

During Naruto other villages participated. Kusagakure (Hidden Grass), Takigakure (Hidden Waterfall), Amegakure (Hidden Rain), and Otogakure (Hidden Sound).

I can say you can no longer call Oro's outfit a village since it is made up of four other persons.

We can only guess what happened to Amegakure after Nagato died. Remember Amegakure is in the middle of the major countries that it usually ends up like Belgium when Germany wants to go to France in war time.

As we see not only has the five major ninja villages diversified their economies they also made them interdependent with transport infrastructure.

Does that mean the minor villages are left out of this properity? In this era of peace how much are ninja from minor villages needed?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 21:38   Link #830
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Based on the next episodes's summaries, the TV series will show more content regarding the Sand kids than the manga and movie
Old 2018-05-10, 12:28   Link #831
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

New episode: A lot of new stuff that didn't happen in manga or novel. Already the preview shows material never seen in those two
Old 2018-05-11, 00:15   Link #832
Random14

And there goes the newer characters. At least Metal tried, but unfortunately he inherited his father's luck in facing overpowered opponents. Sumire's team performance was even worse, and then there's Boruto. He's up to four clones now but even his own clones insult him (well, more like brutal honesty, but its not helping Boruto's confidence).

Mostly same as the movie, but I do wish Boruto could have put up more of a fight considering some of the stunts we've seen him pull in the series, but then this is the low point of his arc, relying on the "fake power" too much.

Gaara being attacked by the third Ohsutsuki is new though, wonder if they'll hunt down more of the bijuu. I'm looking forward to the tournament to see the side characters get more screen time.
Old 2018-05-11, 11:57   Link #833
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Speaking of Boruto's clones, I wonder if them having their own personalities is something that will be relevant to the plot or just the staff having a bit of fun.
Old 2018-05-17, 17:03   Link #834
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I was afraid of a slow pacing but we got many fights in one single episode. Also, I think they are going to change more things from the movie based on the director's comments but I don't think I can post spoilers.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 17:34   Link #835
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed the fight between Shikadai and Yodo. The genin from the sand are really strong.
Old 2018-05-17, 23:44   Link #836
Random14

Yeah, the Shikadai and Sarada fights were the best of the bunch (especially with their parents cheering them on). Good pace, though Inojin's fight was pathetic, but one of the Konoha kids had to lose. Boruto's fight wasn't great either but then that's the point. I wonder how long until we see Mitsuki's power. Huh, looks like Cho-cho's fight will get a decent amount of focus next episode too, at least before the Shikadai vs. Boruto fight.
Old 2018-05-19, 10:49   Link #837
Wandering Soul

The Shikadai and Sarada fights were the best of the first round so far. Boruto and Inojin's weren't really that good and it looks like they might have Cho Cho put a real fight against Gaara's son. I still fully expect her to lose though.
Old 2018-05-24, 14:57   Link #838
Random14

Not bad fights this week. Heh, that's Cho-Cho for you, losing the fight then thinking Shinki's handsome. Not to mention Chouji's cheering for his daughter was fun to watch too. Shinki's arrogant but at least he's not violent like Gaara used to be and he's got the power to back it up.

Kakashi and Guy are in the stands too, I think that's different from the movie. I liked this version of Boruto's cheating better. One extra shadow clone seems like obvious than when he summoned like an extra ten in the movie.

Too bad the Shika-Ino-Cho trio is out, but the guilt's really weighing down Boruto now. So I wonder if Mitsuki will use his full power or not. After all this buildup, I expect Boruto will fight Shinki at least a little bit before any interruption.
Old 2018-05-24, 17:52   Link #839
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Boruto's track record in this exam has been pretty pathetic. Would have lost if Sarada and Mitsuki didn't rescue him during the quiz because he immediately gave up. Would have lost during the team battle without his ninja tool (the fault is shared by Mitsuki and Sarada for leaving him alone to defend their flag though). Couldn't manage to win against bubble boy without using the ninja tool. Ditto with Shikadai.
Old 2018-05-25, 11:58   Link #840
Chosen_Hero

^It is exactly because he is relying too much on the ninja tool that he is doing worse than he would normally.