AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 00:16   Link #2361
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If it's like second season 00... just about all of the usual groups will pick it up immediately and have the episode translated in 24 hours, sometimes a little less. A number of them will slow down, and slack off almost entirely *coughmenclavecough*.
Old 2011-10-03, 02:53   Link #2362
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If it's like second season 00... just about all of the usual groups will pick it up immediately and have the episode translated in 24 hours, sometimes a little less. A number of them will slow down, and slack off almost entirely *coughmenclavecough*.
LOL. indeed fansubbers slacking off is pretty fun.

00 S2 episode 5 raw is out

" Hey guys, we just finished subbing 00 S1 episode 14 / Menclave "
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 04:30   Link #2363
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

A better PV I believe.

Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 11:54   Link #2364
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What's better about it? The Chinese subs?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 12:04   Link #2365
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Chinese is only marginally easier than Japanese to translate to English... so not really.
Old 2011-10-03, 13:38   Link #2366
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What's better about it? The Chinese subs?
The quality of it. The other doesn't look so great.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:10   Link #2367
monster

Wow, I thought this forum disappeared until I realized it has been moved to the current series section. I guess this is really happening, the start of a new Gundam series, nice.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:24   Link #2368
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Wow, I thought this forum disappeared until I realized it has been moved to the current series section. I guess this is really happening, the start of a new Gundam series, nice.
What's wrong? Thought AGE wasn't gonna happen at the last second?
Old 2011-10-03, 15:35   Link #2369
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What's wrong? Thought AGE wasn't gonna happen at the last second?
Not at all, it's just that prior to the move, the series still seems to be far away. But now it's like it's just around the corner, so my anticipation is rising and now I can start to get excited.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:47   Link #2370
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Not at all, it's just that prior to the move, the series still seems to be far away. But now it's like it's just around the corner, so my anticipation is rising and now I can start to get excited.
Imagine how it'll be the day of the episode. >.<
Old 2011-10-03, 16:42   Link #2371
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
LOL. indeed fansubbers slacking off is pretty fun.

00 S2 episode 5 raw is out

" Hey guys, we just finished subbing 00 S1 episode 14 / Menclave "
Slow or not, its still worth watching those. They even gave us a bit of info about Aeolia's involvement in mobile suit development in S102 that only appeared in background text.
Old 2011-10-04, 00:15   Link #2372
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
A better PV I believe.

Hmm, so I just watched the PV...First off I thought it started really strong..It really had a feel of an older Gundam show, and that's what I liked...The setting seems really appealing...However as it progressed I can't deny that as the main cast started to be set up it once again was hard to detach what was happening from the obtuse cartoony-ness of the characters...

I mean I approve of the goal that is giving some ode's to the older style of Gundam character designs, but here it appears so cherrypicked that it doesn't come off to me as genuine (Capt. Harlock with Gundam X Jamil Neate sun-glass sensibilities?)...It's like, Let's just litter the show with a whole bunch of eccentric designs some older fans will like that...But to me it's as potentially misplaced as littering a show with DOMs or //.hackatsuki (Akatsuki), and Gouf's just for the show of it...

Obviously (as I smirk) it's easy to get around this if you just effin like what the designs look like...Overall I don't, especially the main character..I won't dwell, I just can't take him seriously as of now...

Additionally I wish there was more action to judge from, since I didn't see anything that stellar action-wise...Not showing buttloads of spam is always a good thing in my book, but I'd like to see a sortie or two...Hopefully more 1 v. 1 battles over spammaggeddens...

So I guess after watching this, I'm still kinda in the same place where the show is gonna have to prove it to me as I'm not ridiculously oozing hype right now...I'm usually on pins and needles for new G-shows, and I will give it a chance as I LOVE Gundam, but I think it's fair to look at this and judge it and say I'm a bit underwhelmed, and yes the character designs are a factor in that...But hey, there was a dude who hopped out of the cold-sleep who looked pretty cool...I'll ponder his coolness^^...
Old 2011-10-04, 02:09   Link #2373
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hey wingdings, why don't you actually watch the first I don't know 6-10 episodes of the show first before making generalizations based on several PVs, huh?
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:00   Link #2374
bio9205
Reborn

Hmm. From this back shot of the HG 1/144 Baqto it would seem that it does have a "dragon mode":

Does anyone have a back shot of the Zedas? Can't seem to find one anywhere.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:28   Link #2375
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Hey wingdings, why don't you actually watch the first I don't know 6-10 episodes of the show first before making generalizations based on several PVs, huh?
How bout I just never post again (Oh you’d love that)? How bout I just don’t log on to an internet site and post a comment about Gundam material in a Gundam thread? How bout I realize that my opinion is the only one that counts and that I am so powerful of a member that the mere construction of my words creates a persuasive wave of conflict that makes people deny there own mental sensibilities on absorbing things (I actually kinda believe that one)…How bout you just ________________....Huh?

Point is, don’t tread on me…A preview came out, I watched the preview, I commented on the preview…

That’s the internet...,Welcome officer…
Old 2011-10-04, 12:55   Link #2376
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Here ya go.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6WEUFPNlKD...M/s1600/31.jpg

Also, it appears there is a new character, seen here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5leczwrFLQ...M/s1600/27.jpg
Old 2011-10-04, 12:56   Link #2377
DXBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Hmm. From this back shot of the HG 1/144 Baqto it would seem that it does have a "dragon mode":

It looks kinda like the Baqto..actually, they both look like the gafran, wich I'm finding quite disappointing, at least from the eyes of a gunpla fan, because they will probably all look awesomly cool and different in the anime, but they kits will be much of the same, just diferent colors and "fatter" arms and legs...anyone like me who wants to get them all will have a collection of multi-colored deformed gafrans by the looks of it...so much for being a heavy-weapons type when it's weapons are all inside...

Still, for anime purposes, which I agree that is all that actually matters, it's a really neat idea, and I hope it's really as good as it looks. It kinda gives the idea that ELS from Gundam 00's movie we're just a failed atempt to introduce aliens to the gundam series. In which case, this attempt's looking much better.

Last edited by DXBlaze; 2011-10-04 at 16:46.
DXBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 17:14   Link #2378
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I wonder though, where all these names that we have of the UE mobile units are actually given by the humans themselves for identification or whether they are the names actually used by the UE? I mean, back in Halo series most of the common names we get accustomed are the ones used by the humans rather than the ones used by the alien enemy. Of course, those are usually simple english names rather than some complex sylables that we have here but my question still stands.

We're likely not going to get designation numbers soon if ever, if the HG boxes are any indication, so I wonder how far they're going to go into this "we don't know much about the thing", whether it would extend into their actual names as well.
Old 2011-10-04, 17:23   Link #2379
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the UE mechs don't even have names. That they're just there to help us, the viewers.
Old 2011-10-04, 23:01   Link #2380
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBlaze View Post
It looks kinda like the Baqto..actually, they both look like the gafran, wich I'm finding quite disappointing, at least from the eyes of a gunpla fan, because they will probably all look awesomly cool and different in the anime, but they kits will be much of the same, just diferent colors and "fatter" arms and legs...anyone like me who wants to get them all will have a collection of multi-colored deformed gafrans by the looks of it...so much for being a heavy-weapons type when it's weapons are all inside...

Still, for anime purposes, which I agree that is all that actually matters, it's a really neat idea, and I hope it's really as good as it looks. It kinda gives the idea that ELS from Gundam 00's movie we're just a failed atempt to introduce aliens to the gundam series. In which case, this attempt's looking much better.

Opinion-wise I disagree with 00's aliens attempts not working though, they certainly succeeded in the alien feel and design for me. At least it works well for a one-off movie format but that would be a topic for another thread.

============

Yes, some could even say a genetic coincidence I must say. Like they're all related. They could be like brothers for all we know. And what I'm about to say its not meant to be an insult (with all the people saying its childish and all), but maybe they're even like Pokemon where they essentially evolve or transform from each other. I am hoping these UE are actually aliens. Living mechanical metal aliens so to speak, like the Reapers from Mass Effect. Much more interesting than say if it turns out to be some sort of shadow conspiracy controlled mobile suits causing havoc to show a point (that just happened with 00 recently). Maybe because I'm just really hoping for aliens, but shadow conspiracy working with aliens doesnt sound too shabby though.

Either that or they are just variants of each other, like the GN-X and many other MP mobile suits out there. Gafran could just be the basic units while the others can be upgraded from one another in some form. I won't be surprised if we'll see more variants of them as the series progresses though.

Ah, the start of the series, where one's expectations, dreams and theories are rampant. Can't wait for the start of AGE, not looking forward to waiting weekly episodes again though...