AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - BD-Box Bonus Episode Rating
Perfect 10 11 30.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 36.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 19.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-21, 19:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Toradora! - BD-Box Bonus Episode Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, BD-Box Bonus Episode.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-12-21, 19:37   Link #2
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, i think this is the first comment and the only thing that i can say of the OVA without spoiling anything improtant is that i liked it very much xD! It's a pretty good side-story with everyone kept in character and also adding all the funny/heartwarming stuff we know about this series xD.

Recomended mainly for those who feel nostalgic about the series xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-21, 20:19   Link #3
Raiga
tl;dr

Quite adorable. Quite adorable indeed. Especially the last scene.

Funny, cute, non-fanservice little side story. Also made me hungry.
Old 2011-12-21, 21:43   Link #4
ion475
にこにこにー

25 minutes is simply not enough. Need a LOT more Taiga....

Other than that, it's great story, Takasu's antics makes me slap my head over and over and over, while the addition at the end (compares to the original text in Toradora Spinoff 3) wraps things up nicely.

On the other hand, do Takasu really expect Taiga actually able to cook something right anyway? He's lucky that it's only onigiri, which lessen the chance of explosion...
Old 2011-12-21, 22:21   Link #5
Freeter
beyond

So glad they decided to use the first OP and ED for this bonus ep, which IMO were far superior to the other ones. It was also great to see the old gang in action again, especially with Minori being Minori (cracked up at the "-man" bit ).

Shame we can't just get a season of Taiga and co. hanging out without the romantic baggage. I like the crew best when they're being zany.
Old 2011-12-22, 02:35   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Quite adorable. Quite adorable indeed. Especially the last scene.

Funny, cute, non-fanservice little side story....
Agreed ... also agree with the previous poster who mentioned the delight at seeing the OP1 and ED1 used.
Old 2011-12-22, 05:37   Link #7
Utsuro no Hako

When does the last scene take place? It felt like it was after the series finale, but that would only make sense if they were following the novel continuity instead of the anime.
Old 2011-12-22, 06:34   Link #8
Zavie

When was the last time that I smiled this much watching a JC Staff's production? Yeah, it was when I watched Toradora TV series. And now this XD

I think it was very clever of JC Staff to include a school arc then wrap it up with a cute little scene after the series. And Taiga in apron at the beginning of the OVA is seriously charming. I'm falling over for her again and again lol.

And the Toradora Co is still funny as ever

There's too much to say that I don't where to start, simply, I'm just happy,
Old 2011-12-22, 10:39   Link #9
Peanutbutter

Did I just heard Filippo Inzaghi uttered by Inko-chan?
Old 2011-12-22, 11:28   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've got to admit I didn't much care for Toradora as a series, but there were episode like this that made me to stick it out. I laughed so much when the rice cooker was unveiled.

He is always been an interesting character. Very manly!
Old 2011-12-22, 11:56   Link #11
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
When was the last time that I smiled this much watching a JC Staff's production? Yeah, it was when I watched Toradora TV series. And now this XD

I think it was very clever of JC Staff to include a school arc then wrap it up with a cute little scene after the series. And Taiga in apron at the beginning of the OVA is seriously charming. I'm falling over for her again and again lol.

And the Toradora Co is still funny as ever

There's too much to say that I don't where to start, simply, I'm just happy,
Zavie, are you reading my toughts? Because i can identify with every single bit of this post.

Toradora's fun happy entertainment with a healthy lack of fanservice/angst(save for the final episodes but that were also relly good in my opinion as they give very catching developement to the cast) is one of the things that make me love this series. Plus, you're right about Taiga, she's still cute as a button as ever and while Ryuuji took the spotlight for most of the OVA i can still laugh and be charmed by Taiga's background antics that are funny as always xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-22, 13:27   Link #12
Zavie

I don't know how JC Staff did it, but even though Taiga's look didn't change at the beginning and the end of the OVA, I can totally see her mature charm as a woman already in those scene.

I didn't really care much about the content of this OVA, but I'm really glad they didn't the choose her tsun side (1st half of the series) to cover in OVA, but her understanding, caring side (2nd half), she's definitely on-of-a-kind Rie tsundere that I seriously love. And I have to say the content of this story is not bad at all (though I would prefer if they choose an arc that features the whole company, not just Ryuuji).

And Akiyoshi, glad to fine a companion here
Old 2011-12-22, 13:28   Link #13
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Dear god the art was painful to look at. I can't tell if it's bad or simply different since I have no sense of visual art, but seriously it's just... I don't know.

Can't argue with the quality of the story, though. Somehow JC managed to make a full episode length adaptation of a 10-20 pages short story and still made it enjoyable, and the added ending was a very nice touch.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:49   Link #14
Sumeragi
Banned

This reminds me of how far I have to go before I catch up with Oppa.

That being said, loved this. Especially the sakura blossom scene.
Old 2011-12-22, 15:17   Link #15
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Oh the nostalgia ;w; This made me feel a bit more appreciative towards the meals made for me and the people who make them, even though I already give sincere thanks for them. The epilouge scene at the was terrific and my absolute favorite part of the episode. Gotta remember to rewatch this series when I get the opprotunity.
Old 2011-12-22, 17:53   Link #16
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So this episode could be called,
*sunglasses on*

Toradorable.
Old 2011-12-22, 19:29   Link #17
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So this episode could be called,
*sunglasses on*

Toradorable.
YEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

...sorry couldn't help it xDU

I'll gave this episode an Excellent 9, the only reason it's not 10 it's because i miss a bit more of the good emotional scenes but that's onbly personal preference. Aside of that detaill this episode is absolutely enjoyable.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-22, 20:33   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Without all the heaviness of subtle(or blatant) char drama, you could easily relax and enjoy this episode w/o trying to analysis minor developments between chars. Taiga and Ryuuji really had a 'couple' feeling to them, esp since there wasn't any focus of her adoration of Kitamura(don't know when this side story takes in relation to the main story). Plenty of funny moments to be had here. I especially lol'd at having the rice cooker cooking in the back of the classroom and everyone knowing Ryuuji was the culprit . There wasn't an ounce of tsun from Taiga either, which made her 10x more toradorable than usual X03!
Old 2011-12-22, 20:48   Link #19
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

nice episode, it was very relaxing series. well Ryuuji challenge himself to make his own cooking style just to show-off to his friends...

and what Inko-chan said something, Inzagi... Philippines!. i'm just LOL'ed on that!

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-12-22, 21:22   Link #20
DorkingtonPugsly

I really enjoyed this OVA, I've always wanted more Toradora and this was fulfilling. Throughout the episode I was just enjoying watching the gang talk, joke, and interact with each other, and having a great time. And at the last scene, when the ending started playing in the background(slowly creeping in), I started crying a little. Nostalgia just hit me like a huge wave and seeing Taiga and Ryuuji together like that made me so happy. One of my favorite things about Toradora was how each episode had a perfect ending with the end theme coming in like that, and I'm glad they did it for this too. Keeping the original op and end songs was an awesome choice. For the first time in a while, J.C. Staff, good job!