Notices

Old 2004-06-07, 21:21   Link #161
wnkryo
HainShodan

Go Lakers!!!!

wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:33   Link #162
IntegraTypeR

I hate the Flames since I was at game 7 against the Canucks and they knocked us out.
BUT, I don't want Lord Stanley to be in the US.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, go Lake show!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 - 0 tampa
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:35   Link #163
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I have my own cup that I call the Tyler Cup. I like to put orange juice in it and drink it. It is yummy.

(What I'm trying to say is, please don't post spam threads. One-liners don't make for very meaningful discussions)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:37   Link #164
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

and there is also this thread... the general chat index is very helpful...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9197
Old 2004-06-07, 21:39   Link #165
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Go Search Buttons Woooo!!! ...
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:40   Link #166
IntegraTypeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I have my own cup that I call the Tyler Cup. I like to put orange juice in it and drink it. It is yummy.

(What I'm trying to say is, please don't post spam threads. One-liners don't make for very meaningful discussions)
You still drink from your 'sippy'-cup? Gotta put some Champaign or Gin in there to make it sweet.
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:45   Link #167
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraTypeR
You still drink from your 'sippy'-cup? Gotta put some Champaign or Gin in there to make it sweet.
Nope, orange juice still tastes the best to me. Although some nights I'll get FUCKING C R A Z Y and put some strawberry milk in there! Holy shit balls!!!!
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:30   Link #168
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning the Stanley Cup!

You know the same person that owns the Tampa Bay Lightning also owns the Detroit Pistons. Some people have all the luck. For those whom don't follow basketball, the Detroit Pistons are playing the LA Lakers in the NBA Championships. So far, game one was won by the Pistons.

(BTW: It was because Calgary beat the Wings I was rooting for them. Sorry to confuse.)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-06-07 at 23:31. Reason: Threads Merged
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 04:46   Link #169
Iron Monkey

Yes, it's true. The Flames magical run has finally come to a sad end. Man, I'm so depressed right now, I don't even know how to describe it.

But with all that being said, a reflection of Calgary this season cheers me up a little. I know with confidence that they will NOT be like the Anaheims and Carolinas of the past. I believe this Calgary team shows a lot of promise. But, at this moment, that's of little consolation. Damn, we should have HAD it in Game 6!!! Damn you St. Louis and your flukey goal!!!

Ah well, the even sadder part is this: if things continue to go like they are now, then the World Cup of Hockey may be the last good hockey we see in awhile. Here's to freakiing Bettman and Goodnow coming to some kind of agreement and we don't have a lockout next year.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go cry.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:23   Link #170
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It was a good game...

/me beats Fraiser with a bat

Honestly, almost as enjoyable as watching the game was listening to the Tampa Bay spectators. I doubt, near completely, that they had any clue what they were watching. They would boo Calgary then boo Tampa almost randomly, boo Calgary for taking a shot on goal and then boo Tampa for taking the puck down ice. Do they not understand the game?

More than that was the fact that in games one and two, to get people to attend, they had to give the fans a free beer on top of lowered ticket prices ($20). In game five, the dropped the price ($5), gave them two free beers and a free 'white' t-shirt. This would have been good except the Tampa home color in black while the Calgary away color is white. >.>; I'm still awaiting word of what they offered people to convince them to attend.

/me beats Fraiser with a bat

Maybe some better ref'ing would have helped but it was still a good game.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:46   Link #171
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning the Stanley Cup!
I can't believe a Florida team won! Hockey at that!!! WOW... well now basketball season is about to end then FOOTBALL season starts!!!! I wonder how the Jaguars will do this year? hmmm....
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 12:28   Link #172
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Winners of the 2003-2004 NHL awards:

Hart Memorial Trophy, MVP - Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Vezina Trophy, goaltender - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey

James Norris Memorial Trophy, defenseman - Scott Niedermayer, New Jersey

Calder Memorial Trophy, rookie - Andrew Raycroft, Boston

Frank J. Selke Trophy, defensive forward - Kris Draper, Detroit

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, most gentlemanly - Brad Richards, Tampa Bay

Jack Adams Award, coach - John Tortorella, Tampa Bay

King Clancy Trophy, humanitarian contribution to hockey - Jarome Iginla, Calgary

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy, perserverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey - Bryan Berard, Chicago

Art Ross Trophy, points scoring leader - Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay

Maurice Richard Trophy, goal-scoring leader - Rick Nash, Columbus, Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta, and Jarome Iginla, Calgary, 41 goals

William M. Jennings Trophy, goalies with fewest goals against, minimum 25 games - Martin Brodeur, New Jersey

Lester B. Pearson Award, outstanding player - Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay
Old 2004-08-07, 11:11   Link #173
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Some big moves have been made during the off-season:

- Dominik Hasek signs with the Ottawa Senators.
- Marck Recchi returns to Pittsburgh.
- Brett Hull signs with the Phoenix Coyotes.

I wonder if Kariya will stay with the Avs...
Old 2004-09-18, 19:48   Link #174
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

NHL Lockout

Pretty sure all of you heard by now that there has been a lockout in the NHL... meaning that there will no hockey this season...

I personally think it sucks balls that there isn't going to be hockey... since the media puts on a nice spin on the story for both sides... I'm not sure who is at fault... but it seems to me that if a team isn't making money in terms of their sales then their players should accept some sort of salary cut... it's just business...

any thoughts on the lockout?
Old 2004-09-18, 23:00   Link #175
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Go Canada!
World champions once more!

we are the champions, my friends! and we'll keep on fighting till the end...

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:39   Link #176
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Go Canada!
World champions once more!

we are the champions, my friends! and we'll keep on fighting till the end...
Whooot! Canada kicked some ass in this year's hockey. However, Finland did put up quite fight in the final game. I mean, Finland immediately scored a goal 6 seconds right after Canada scored, evening up the game. You know that goal I'm talking about. That was a "what the hell happened" goal. But in the end, Finland can't keep the world cup away to it's rightful owner: Canada .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Pretty sure all of you heard by now that there has been a lockout in the NHL... meaning that there will no hockey this season...

I personally think it sucks balls that there isn't going to be hockey... since the media puts on a nice spin on the story for both sides... I'm not sure who is at fault... but it seems to me that if a team isn't making money in terms of their sales then their players should accept some sort of salary cut... it's just business...

any thoughts on the lockout?
I just heard this on the news, and I'm disappointed. I really want to see Canucks take the cup this year. Anyways, I read some of the news on NHL's home page. There's also a very long speech on this issue. Anyways, what bothered me the most is this:

"It is a fact -- a fact -- that during this CBA, a team in the top one-third in salaries has been three times more likely to make the playoffs than a team in the bottom third. That is a status quo with which we simply cannot continue to live. Our game and our fans deserve better"

I fully agree to what is said in this passage. It is simply isn't right that the team with the most money plays better than a team with less. It's also not fair. Because I'm not 100% clear on what is going on, I don't know which side I'm going to support yet. I'll have to read and watch some more news before I can form an opinion on this situation.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 19:16   Link #177
Iron Monkey

Yup, it's true. There's not gonna be any hockey anytime soon. This sucks big time, but, although I hate Gary Bettman, I do agree with him that they need to seriously overhaul the CBA in order to level the playing field for all the teams. I really hope a salary cap goes through at the end of all this.

I think Goodenow's an idiot too. He keeps spewing his "we want to play under a free market system, and thus we won't have a salary cap." Did anyone ever tell him "true market system" also entails no minimum salaries as well? If he does indeed want this market system, then is he prepared to abolish the minimum salaries in the NHL? I have a feeling he wouldn't, which effectively makes him a hypocrite.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 23:59   Link #178
DJjazzyjeff

Send a message via AIM to DJjazzyjeff Send a message via MSN to DJjazzyjeff
The Official Hockey Thread

In case the NHL sees this post, this is actually an unofficial hockey thread, completely unrelated to the NHL in any way.

How about them Ottawa Senators!
DJjazzyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 13:56   Link #179
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJjazzyjeff
In case the NHL sees this post, this is actually an unofficial hockey thread, completely unrelated to the NHL in any way.

How about them Ottawa Senators!
The official NHL thread already exists. Since there were no NHL last year, luckily we didn't lose much on this thread except for the very few comments of this season, due to the forum hack. Anyways, yeah, the Ottawa Senators sure is a monster. Win after wins, 23-5-3 stat, they're the #1 in points in the NHL (tied with the Detroit Red Wings). No doubt they're a shoe-in for the playoffs.

Now about my team, the Vancouver Canucks. We had a brief winning streak, but I'm not very happy with them right now after two disappointing games against the Oilers. An overtime shootout loss, and a straight loss against them, at home too! Blasphemy! Ruined our home record. Gave up three short handed goals in three games in a row?! What wrong with our team? Inexcusable. Well, we lost Dan Cloutier for the rest of the season due to knee surgery. I think this more of an positive opportunity for us as it gave our backup goaltender Auld to shine, and then Ouellet, who so far gave a great performance for our team. I'll see some of our players in Olympic hockey. Bertuzzi in team Canada. Hurray!
Old 2006-04-27, 23:04   Link #180
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

BUMP! There appears to be a paucity of interest in Hockey here. Anyways, the NHL playoffs have already began and it's been about a week or so since the start. Unfortunately, my team, the Canucks, did not make it in. On April 13th, we lost a critical game to the Sharks, while Edmonton Oilers won theirs against the Mighty Ducks on that same day. Consequently we lost battle for the 8th place standing to the Oilers in the Western Conference on that day. Canuck's horribly inconsistent performances, and underwhelming play of our top line cost us the playoffs. Heck, the Sedins+Carter were the top line, as they generated more offense than Naslund, Bertuzzi, and Morrison did. And with Marc Crawford gone, and rumors (almost certain) of trades of the top line, Canucks won't be the same come next season. *Sigh*. In an effort to keep the playoffs interesting me, I have chosen another team to cheer for temporarily, and that is the Mighty Ducks. The Mighty Ducks use to be my team when I was in the U.S. way back when. Ducks face the Flames currently in the quarter-finals. The only thing Flames got is Kiprusoff. Go Ducks!

So what teams do you have your eyes and interest on? Or what are some of your thoughts for the playoffs?

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup