AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 19:37   Link #141
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Is Valrave the only mecha in the show?
I can't believe nobody answered this yet. It is not, Nosferatu; two other mecha series under the titles of Majestic Prince and Galgantia with I think something airing called Straight Robot Title or.... I don't know what it's called. *looks it up* Ah, Straight Title Robot Anime.... Wow is that a generic title.

On one hand I kind of want to watch all four of them, but on the other ever since I got banned from MAHQ I've lost the will to live and my taste for mecha went with it.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:22   Link #142
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I can't believe nobody answered this yet.
But it already has been answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well knowing that Bandai likes to milk out of something, there could be some Zaku wannabes, Valverave MK-II, Zeta Valverave, ZZ Valverave, Psycho Valverave, & heck even the mass production models such as the VM's (Valverave mass production types) or even the sidestories (Valverave Astray?)
Also Nosferatu is not asking if there are any more mecha shows this season, he's asking if Valvrave (the mecha) is the only mecha appearing in THIS show.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:36   Link #143
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
yes i know this series is Aniplex, its the guys who's incharge of the following merchandise such as toys that i am talking about

its just that the teasers never show other mechas in action yet aside from some several shots of the battleships (& combat vehicles?), which makes it look like the Valverave is the only giant robot in existance in this show, you know it could be lame for a show about a single kung-fu-karate giant robot going godzilla pawning all of those helpless conventional combat vehicles such as tanks & fighter jets, its like Gundam's One Year War era but backwards
There are 6 mecha designers on the show, so I think it's safe to say that the Valvrave can't be the only mech in the show. Even taking into account ships and Ball clones and whatnot, there has to be more that they're not showing. I guess we'll either find out more next week at ACE if there's a new trailer, or when the show starts airing next month.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 05:43   Link #144
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Apparently Akira Senju confirmed Valvrave is a 2-cour show on the Nico program "THE JASRAC SHOW!". If it's really 2-cour, then Sony Music probably has a few more songs lined up for it, since the first cour already has 3 theme songs. Lol.
Old 2013-03-26, 06:49   Link #145
Jetzero Infinity

Not remotely surprised it's two cour since that's par the course for Sunrise original shows most of the time. Frankly I'd have been more surprised if it wasn't. But yeah it should be interesting to see how much more music they can cram in.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 07:08   Link #146
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Apparently Akira Senju confirmed Valvrave is a 2-cour show on the Nico program "THE JASRAC SHOW!". If it's really 2-cour, then Sony Music probably has a few more songs lined up for it, since the first cour already has 3 theme songs. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Not remotely surprised it's two cour since that's par the course for Sunrise original shows most of the time. Frankly I'd have been more surprised if it wasn't. But yeah it should be interesting to see how much more music they can cram in.
Very happy to see it getting 2-cour, but I'm not sure if I'll watch the second half since I'll probably be busy during summer though, but since I noticed on Syoboi that FlyingDog is marked as the music production indicator for this series, perhaps I'm sure some FlyingDog artists will plan to sing the second half. I also really hope most of characters will have enough development and flashbacks to get a good grasp and not ending up so rushed like Psycho-Pass.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 17:21   Link #147
melina_putri

Crunchyroll get.

Seems to be 1 days late simulcast.

Licensed by Aniplex USA as well.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 02:14   Link #148
duckroll
綺羅星★!

PV3 w/ Preserved Roses (finally!): http://www.valvrave.com/

And more cast announced: Jun Fukuyama, Mamoru Miyano, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Yuuki Kaji, Daisuke Ono, Nana Mizuki.

Tons of super big names for the villain characters. Lol!
Old 2013-03-30, 02:18   Link #149
Kunagisa

Quote:
PV3 w/ Preserved Roses (finally!): http://www.valvrave.com/
The song's amazing, all those tweets going off when they showed it at ACE

And holy crap at the PV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post

These guys reminds me of Incognito
LET'S GO ED, IKE IKE GO GO
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 03:55   Link #150
duckroll
綺羅星★!

As for the question about what the other non-Valvrave mechs in the series look like, there's a closer look at some of them in the new PV.

Images
Dorssia mechs invading JIOR
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Plane mechs defending against the attack
Old 2013-03-30, 04:40   Link #151
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the hell at those type of Dorssia mechas, they looked like Dra-C's from Gundam Stardust Memory slapped with Yuusha series's robot face

& yes ~LET'S GO ED!!! IKE IKE GO GO!!!~ cuz Sunrise needs more fujoshis becuz of their absence during the Gundam AGE year, they had to include a shota (child soldier?) in the ZAFT boys expy team, let the sausage-giant robot gangbanging our male hero's DT begin
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 08:11   Link #152
Kakkou
Tch.

That voice cast is divine. Oh my, I'm so sticking with this even if it ends up crapping all over itself, which I really hope that it doesn't.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 10:21   Link #153
blackwhite67
Banned

From what I could tell from the recently released PV and cast members, it seems like L-elf, the white haired guy with our MC, was posing as a student along with A-drei, H-neun, X-ein, and Q-vier.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:56   Link #154
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That voice cast is divine. Oh my, I'm so sticking with this even if it ends up crapping all over itself, which I really hope that it doesn't.

I'm not going to lie: even if it does, I'll probably still love it. I supposed I'm mecha + bishounen + Sunrise deprived.
Old 2013-03-30, 22:08   Link #155
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Just found out that this is a 13 ep anime. Is it split cour? Because if it isn't that fucking sucks. Last time Sunrise did a 13 ep original anime it was disastrous.
Old 2013-03-31, 02:10   Link #156
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Just found out that this is a 13 ep anime. Is it split cour? Because if it isn't that fucking sucks. Last time Sunrise did a 13 ep original anime it was disastrous.
I think I understand what you mean. Sunrise as a studio is old school and as such, isn't used to making anime that is shorter than 2 cour. The Valvrave character list is so huge that I don't see them fitting them all in 13 ep.

Note that we have contradictory info. The director supposedly said it is 2 cour.

Now, the likelihood is that both are correct; that Valvrave might be a split cour show. This is actually likely as even though Sunrise need 25 ep to tell a story properly, their animators ironically can't catch up after half way. So ever since Gundam 00 they have started giving their animators a breather mid-season by splitting the show in half. 50 into two 25s or 26 into two 13s.

It is my opinion that Valverave seems like a Gundam show without a Gundam. Which, if I thought about it, is actually something I always asked for. So I am looking forward to it.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:13   Link #157
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Aww, I just finished watching Sacred Seven, and it was a very charming show. Not particularly great? Sure. But it was light, fun entertainment, and I don't think it ever wanted to be more. I really don't understand why it gets so much hate... (I mean, what did people expect after the first episode? )

Anyway, that aside I hope Valvralve is going to be split cour, the cast is way too large for a one-cour show...

As for seiyuu, I'm glad Hosoya Yoshimasa does the dark-haired megane guy, but I hope neither Fukuyama nor Miyano are going to use their "deep and srs" voice... (and lol, poor Kaji Yuuki gets the psycho kid, well, at least that's going to be interesting)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 16:38   Link #158
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Dat opening theme!
Old 2013-04-03, 22:47   Link #159
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
As for the question about what the other non-Valvrave mechs in the series look like, there's a closer look at some of them in the new PV.

Images
Dorssia mechs invading JIOR

Images
Plane mechs defending against the attack
Not bad not bad, I'm digging em.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:00   Link #160
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post

I'm not going to lie: even if it does, I'll probably still love it. I supposed I'm mecha + bishounen + Sunrise deprived.
Same here. I have to admit that I haven't been this excited since Sunrise originally announced AGE. And now the very thought of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Just about anything has got to be better than that.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire