AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 06:41   Link #10481
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Kurome is still dying, and there is no way to save her either except once again fan speculation.
The healing spring was brought up 4 chapters ago.

Quote:
There being a cure from the path of peace, is fan speculation as in, not from the author.
The priest having healing powers is a fact.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 06:44   Link #10482
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
The healing spring was brought up 4 chapters ago.

The priest having healing powers is a fact.
It was noted that the best is a delayment by five years maybe longer according to Akame.

That isn't curing, that is merely extending the time.

Kurome is still very much dying.

Edit: Also I should probably add that most of the guys that were treated, weren't in as sever a condition as Kurome is.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-12-24 at 06:56.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 06:56   Link #10483
B214

Quote:
It was noted that the best is a delayment by five years maybe longer according to Akame.

Kurome is still very much dying.
So i guess medicine can't improve even during the 4-5 years.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 06:59   Link #10484
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
So i guess medicine can't improve even during the 4-5 years.
If that's the best they can do now, then very unlikely.

Like I said above that is a best case scenario, remember that all those other people that were treated weren't in as sever a condition as Kurome and she was wounded by Chelsea and that is still effecting her.

They have been using these drugs for a very long time, if they haven't developed a way to cure the side effects in that time, then its unlikely a cure will be developed in the near future.

Kurome challenged Akame because she is close to death and on top of that her mind has been vastly warped by the drugs.
Old 2015-12-24, 11:02   Link #10485
Fwarlord

Quote:
Rather hypocritical when just one post ago you were claiming that this series would have a happy ending as if you were the one writing it.

Like you said, I am not the author but neither are you and you are taking fan speculation of this cure like its a fact.

According to the author Kurome is still dying. That is a fact.

Tatsumi is losing his mind and that is a fact according to the author.

Akame's best move will cost her humanity that is a fact.

There being a cure from the path of peace, is fan speculation as in, not from the author.
It's strange, but I don't remember saying this series will definitely have a happy ending. I just said with the current development, it wouldn't make sense if the author suddenly kills off Kurome for no good reason, especially after the issue with her sister was solved. In other words, I gave my opinion for a hypothetical situation, I didn't claim something will happen for sure as if I am the author.

Like Grand-Chariot-Wave said, the author already gave a hint about methods that may cure Kurome and Tatsumi, whether it will happen or not is up to debate, but you cannot say it's impossible to happen.

About Akame, her final move indeed costs her humanity, but looks like you didn't notice she failed to obtain it through the only method available at the moment, according to Akame herself. So until there is another way to active it, I don't see any reason to worry about her humanity.
Old 2015-12-24, 12:52   Link #10486
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It's strange, but I don't remember saying this series will definitely have a happy ending. I just said with the current development, it wouldn't make sense if the author suddenly kills off Kurome for no good reason, especially after the issue with her sister was solved. In other words, I gave my opinion for a hypothetical situation, I didn't claim something will happen for sure as if I am the author.

Like Grand-Chariot-Wave said, the author already gave a hint about methods that may cure Kurome and Tatsumi, whether it will happen or not is up to debate, but you cannot say it's impossible to happen.

About Akame, her final move indeed costs her humanity, but looks like you didn't notice she failed to obtain it through the only method available at the moment, according to Akame herself. So until there is another way to active it, I don't see any reason to worry about her humanity.
You claimed that when the series has a happy ending everyone will complain about it not being edgy enough, so yeah you were trying to talk as if you were the one writing it.

You spoke as if there were facts that there was a cure, but its purely fan speculation.

As I said before, Akame noted that any treatment can only extend people in Kurome's situation for about 5 years or maybe a bit longer and that is the best case scenario, there is no actual known cure that has been stated as a fact by the manga for Tatsumi or Kurome.

The path of peace having a cure is just something fans are theorizing about, there is no actual proof in the manga that they have one. And the characters have only spoken of the hidden spring possibly helping Kurome's condition not Tatsumi's.

And saying that there is no reason to kill Kurome off except drama? That is the same argument that is used every time a character gets close to death in the series and it never stopped the author from brutally killing off over half of the cast.

Most importantly, if there was a way to fix Tatsumi's situation, than the characters would already be trying it. Tatsumi doesn't have a disease or a medical condition, he fused himself to his Teigu and now is having to deal with the consequences, so its not something that can be cured, they have to remove the Teigu.
Old 2015-12-24, 12:58   Link #10487
Kazu-kun

Quote:

So? I'm sure just spending a few years in peace with someone she loves is enough of a happy ending for Kurome. Besides, it's not like the manga is going to fast-forward to 4 years in the future just show you Kurome's death and ruin your day.

So, not a perfect ending, but happy enough.
Old 2015-12-24, 13:00   Link #10488
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So? I'm sure just spending a few years in peace with someone she loves is enough of a happy ending for Kurome. Besides, it's not like the manga is going to fast-forward to 4 years in the future just show you Kurome's death and ruin your day.

So, not a perfect ending, but happy enough.
Well yeah, I guess a few years are better than none.

Its not like Akame will have to deal with it if she is killed off in the end.

With Esdeath pretty much guaranteed to be killed off, Kurome won't have to worry about being hunted for desertion.
Old 2015-12-24, 13:08   Link #10489
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
With Esdeath pretty much guaranteed to be killed off, Kurome won't have to worry about being hunted for desertion.
You see, that's where you're wrong. So what if Esdeath dies? You never know if some lone assassin sent by the empire tails and watches Wave and Kurome, and strikes at the moment they least expect. Kurome may not even have "a few years left" to live.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 13:58   Link #10490
Homura7

Why is that whenever someone brings up the possibility of a happy or at least, bittersweet finale, there're people that are rabid about it?

I guess for this reduced group it isn't the same if the manga ceases being so edgy at a certain point? Cmon people...

Or as this guy wisely puts it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The Peace Path (can we call it like that?) reminds to how things in Berserk have been improving for the heroes and people are still complaining because they miss the must f#cked up things.
Characters being killed off one after another has to cease at some point.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 14:03   Link #10491
Fwarlord

Quote:
You claimed that when the series has a happy ending everyone will complain about it not being edgy enough, so yeah you were trying to talk as if you were the one writing it.

You spoke as if there were facts that there was a cure, but its purely fan speculation.

As I said before, Akame noted that any treatment can only extend people in Kurome's situation for about 5 years or maybe a bit longer and that is the best case scenario, there is no actual known cure that has been stated as a fact by the manga for Tatsumi or Kurome.

The path of peace having a cure is just something fans are theorizing about, there is no actual proof in the manga that they have one. And the characters have only spoken of the hidden spring possibly helping Kurome's condition not Tatsumi's.

And saying that there is no reason to kill Kurome off except drama? That is the same argument that is used every time a character gets close to death in the series and it never stopped the author from brutally killing off over half of the cast.

Most importantly, if there was a way to fix Tatsumi's situation, than the characters would already be trying it. Tatsumi doesn't have a disease or a medical condition, he fused himself to his Teigu and now is having to deal with the consequences, so its not something that can be cured, they have to remove the Teigu.
You really don't understand, do you? I said "once the series end without a tragic conclusion", in other words, "in case the series end without a tragic conclusion", meaning I gave a predict about the reaction of a certain fanbase when a hypothetical scenario happens. I didn't claim anything will happen, and there's certainly nothing about anything happy. You either refused to understand or tried to put your words into my mouth.

You know something about foreshadowing? It's when the author's building up a development, he gives hints about it beforehand so that readers won't feel completely dumbfounded once the actual development happens. Meaning if he gives hints, he's going to do something with them. Before you say those curing methods are hints for something else rather than to cure Kurome and Tatsumi, it's just a theory, another one is it will be used to cure them. So you can't say there's no way for them to be healed, but if you insist on being the author, I have no thing else to say.

About Tatsumi, you seems to forget there is another character who literally became one with her teigu without any negative consequence. It means fusing with teigu isn't something necessarily bad, it's just Tatsumi hasn't figured out the right way to do it yet. He may or may not find a way, it's completely up to the author, but I remember he got his power up just by begging the armor for more power, so it's not so farfetched to think once his psyche's mature enough, he can control it properly.
Old 2015-12-24, 14:05   Link #10492
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Essentially, character deaths only matter if we don't expect them. Just as the inverse that's usually involved in shounen where danger only matters if there's a chance of death. It's the two extremes of the same issue. If characters die just because their story is "done", then there's very little reason to care about a death any more than you would for them just leaving the story.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 14:05   Link #10493
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Why is that whenever someone brings up the possibility of a happy or at least, bittersweet finale, there're people that are rabid about it?

I guess for this reduced group it isn't the same if the manga ceases being so edgy at a certain point? Cmon people...
It's insane right? I don't want another death fest like the anime. I don't see how anyone else that isn't Esdeath, Suzuka, or Prime Minister is going to help story wise when they die.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 16:00   Link #10494
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
You really don't understand, do you? I said "once the series end without a tragic conclusion", in other words, "in case the series end without a tragic conclusion", meaning I gave a predict about the reaction of a certain fanbase when a hypothetical scenario happens. I didn't claim anything will happen, and there's certainly nothing about anything happy. You either refused to understand or tried to put your words into my mouth.

You know something about foreshadowing? It's when the author's building up a development, he gives hints about it beforehand so that readers won't feel completely dumbfounded once the actual development happens. Meaning if he gives hints, he's going to do something with them. Before you say those curing methods are hints for something else rather than to cure Kurome and Tatsumi, it's just a theory, another one is it will be used to cure them. So you can't say there's no way for them to be healed, but if you insist on being the author, I have no thing else to say.

About Tatsumi, you seems to forget there is another character who literally became one with her teigu without any negative consequence. It means fusing with teigu isn't something necessarily bad, it's just Tatsumi hasn't figured out the right way to do it yet. He may or may not find a way, it's completely up to the author, but I remember he got his power up just by begging the armor for more power, so it's not so farfetched to think once his psyche's mature enough, he can control it properly.
You must have a really poor understanding of the English language then.

Saying "once it ends with a ending that isn't tragic" means that you are trying to claim a happy ending is guaranteed, its an absolute comment saying that this is how it will be. Meaning that you said it would have a happy ending as if it were a fact that you already know for sure will happen.

Your entire argument is based on pure fan speculation and mine is based on facts that the author has presented.

So I am simply using what the manga has presented, you are trying to take fan theories and act as if they are genuine facts.

So really you are being a complete hypocrite by saying I am trying to act like the author as you are treating your theories as if they carry greater weight than what the author has presented.

So you are the one trying to act like the author, but I can see at this point you take the manga way too seriously and you believe that what you want to happen will happen and can't stand it when anything is presented that contradicts how you want things to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
It's insane right? I don't want another death fest like the anime. I don't see how anyone else that isn't Esdeath, Suzuka, or Prime Minister is going to help story wise when they die.
Its a manga about death, I could argue that half the deaths in this manga don't contribute anything to the story or even help it and yet they died anyway. Its like Game of Thrones, the whole point is that no one is safe.

Or like in horror stories where everyone dies in the end, you don't want them to die, but fans ultimately don't go to horror films for happy endings.

Its not meant to be a feel good story and trust me I love feel good stories and I know one when I see one.

Quote:

Or as this guy wisely puts it.

The board is for debating and you aren't always going to like what some people argue. There isn't much point to this forum if we aren't going to argue.

As for characters stop being killed off, yes it will stop: most likely at the end of the story.

Final battles are typically not the battles where no good guys get killed off, most likely it will be a complete slaughter for characters on all sides.

Probably why the author is avoiding having Akame kill Kurome, something bitter sweet before things get ugly again.

Last edited by saw2097; 2015-12-24 at 22:56.
Old 2015-12-24, 16:12   Link #10495
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

The consquences of having edgelords being part of the fanbase .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Essentially, character deaths only matter if we don't expect them. Just as the inverse that's usually involved in shounen where danger only matters if there's a chance of death. It's the two extremes of the same issue. If characters die just because their story is "done", then there's very little reason to care about a death any more than you would for them just leaving the story.
In AgK is more a case of characters dying after being introduced one after other making readers stop caring anymore.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 16:19   Link #10496
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The consquences of having edgelords being part of the fanbase .
You do realize that some people like both edgy and happy feel good stuff right?

Maybe I should clarify my argument, its not that I will be upset or angry if the author stops killing characters off, its just that from everything I have read for the last 60+ chapters tells me he won't. (For example, I have my fingers crossed that Leone won't die, but I know she probably will).

Its like watching horror film, you don't go to the theater expecting a happy ending.

In horror films you are hoping they all survive and have a happy ending, but you know they won't, or Game of Thrones, you want the characters you like to live but what makes it appealing is that you don't know what will happen next and the author of the books has no line he won't cross.
Old 2015-12-24, 16:27   Link #10497
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
You do realize that some people like both edgy and happy feel good stuff right?
Do you know what edgelord means?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 16:28   Link #10498
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Do you know what edgelord means?
I was under the impression that it means people who are obsessed with edgy content.
Old 2015-12-24, 16:55   Link #10499
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
No one's rabid about anything.

I suggest you read those posts properly before spouting bullcrap.

If you can't accept differing opinions, why waste your time posting over here, in the 1st place?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 20:45   Link #10500
B214

Okay regardless of what will happen later, the thing now is Kurome is still alive albeit severely injured, Mine is still alive albeit comatose, so the only thing we need to know is that we can't based the manga using the anime anymore at this point.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!