AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-28, 08:28   Link #9921
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Some dude pointed this out to me.

What do you think?
Hey! That was what one of my youtube friend pointed out to me but I chose not to believe it as I think humans cannot be Archangels of God, but who knows, later in the series they might just become Aleister's "Archangels" o.o

Also, Raphael is an archangel of healing and Tsuchimikado also have a healing ability xD
Old 2011-04-28, 08:45   Link #9922
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
The "One that cleanses God and exorcises the Devil" and "The one who surpasses the God" also fits Jesus tough if you split God into his three aspects: Father (God), Son of God and the Holy Spirit (part of God ).

"One that cleanses God" - calming down the aspect of the Father so his wrath doesn't punish the humanity. God who was wrathful and prideful in Old Testament becomes forgiving and caring thus you can say that he was cleansed

"One that exorcises the Devil" - by taking on himself all of humanity's sins and dying for humanity's sins, Devil is exorcised from souls of humans (for the time being). I general, Devil is evil that resides in souls of humans and makes them commit sin. Do notice that Touma does the same to most of villains: after preaching and punching them, they turn or start turning good thus you can say Devil was exorcised from them

"The one who surpasses the God" - Son of God surpasses the God in (some?) Christian beliefs. While they are considered to be one being, it is the Son of God who is primarily worshiped by Christians and the one whose teaching they claim to follow

Roman Catholic Church turning against Touma mirrors Jewish Temple turning against Jesus, both for religious and non-religious reasons.

Do mind that this post was written by a Roman Catholic and that a lot of my beliefs are from what I have been thought by RCC in my town. RCC has many different interpretations of the Bible itself, yet alone other Christian faiths.

Quote:
I chose not to believe it as I think humans cannot be Archangels of God, but who know
They can symbolise them tough.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:28   Link #9923
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Worse, imagine a Kamijou Touma who's like the dorm supervisor.
Ahh normal humans truly are amazing things...

Dorm Supervisor: Double attack points when attacking any [Tokiwadai] students. Triple attack points when attacking a [Tokiwadai] student of your Dorm. At the end of every battle phase, minus 1000 love points.

...But yeah, Touma either needs to improve his reaction time, or his Imagine Breaker needs to be stronger.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:40   Link #9924
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
or his Imagine Breaker needs to be stronger.
Wait, I'm sorry. You don't think Imagine Breaker is impossibly broken already?
Old 2011-04-28, 09:50   Link #9925
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Wait, I'm sorry. You don't think Imagine Breaker is impossibly broken already?
Is it? I never got that impression

Though I can't wait to see him crush Innocantis(sp?) with one wave when he fights Stiyl to get back Index- I'm getting carried away I know...

Though you know want I realistically do want to see? Touma grabbing spells and redirecting them back.
Old 2011-04-28, 09:54   Link #9926
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Touma would probably be killed by the Knight Leader if it's 1v1 as of Vol17... in NT, who knows if he has got some kind of powerup that can match him later on?
That time before NT, Acqua tried to cut his arm off, but first gave him a chance after crushing him.

If Acqua would tried to cut his arm first, then the same event with Fiamma would have been triggered.
Touma is mainly known because of his right hand, so people like Izzard will try to rid off that problem without taking in account the baaaaad consequences of their actions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Though you know want I realistically do want to see? Touma grabbing spells and redirecting them back.
I think IB then should be weaker or with an amazing control, but I think that functionality seems to be independent of Touma's will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
The "One that cleanses God and exorcises the Devil" and "The one who surpasses the God" also fits Jesus tough if you split God into his three aspects: Father (God), Son of God and the Holy Spirit (part of God ).

"One that cleanses God" - calming down the aspect of the Father so his wrath doesn't punish the humanity. God who was wrathful and prideful in Old Testament becomes forgiving and caring thus you can say that he was cleansed

"One that exorcises the Devil" - by taking on himself all of humanity's sins and dying for humanity's sins, Devil is exorcised from souls of humans (for the time being). I general, Devil is evil that resides in souls of humans and makes them commit sin. Do notice that Touma does the same to most of villains: after preaching and punching them, they turn or start turning good thus you can say Devil was exorcised from them
"The one who surpasses the God" - Son of God surpasses the God in (some?) Christian beliefs. While they are considered to be one being, it is the Son of God who is primarily worshiped by Christians and the one whose teaching they claim to follow

Roman Catholic Church turning against Touma mirrors Jewish Temple turning against Jesus, both for religious and non-religious reasons.
That one applies very well to this line:
Quote:
Though he only has one hand, Fiamma still shook his head.

“… But, it no longer matters what happens to that.”

Incredibly, an expression of abnormal passion that has long disappeared from his face has arisen once more.

The demon which possessed him has left.

“Seeing your expression, I feel what I have done before was a total waste of time. Probably at that time I had that same expression. At the end, someone that will truly save the world would not have that expression. … At that time, that place, that person will stand at somewhere where no-one else can reach.”

Fiamma has the feeling that he can understand somewhat what he is lacking.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-04-28 at 10:07.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:10   Link #9927
TouMAN

are there any announcements about NT Vol.2 ?

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-04-28, 11:03   Link #9928
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
no, you'll know when its out.
Old 2011-04-28, 15:21   Link #9929
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Acqua's entrance was just so fucking epic
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-28, 15:48   Link #9930
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
It's too soon. I think that it's for about 2 months since the first volume came out? The previews that we usually read about the novel are from the official dengeki bunko site and are usually shown only for about a month before the novel pops up and include the proper release date and some details along that preview. Considering that the novels come out with a for about 4 months of separating distance (4 or a little bit more) it's just too soon to know anything and we probably have for about a full month left of not knowing anything.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-04-28 at 16:04.
Old 2011-04-28, 15:52   Link #9931
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Aqua is just epic, I would have love for kanzaki to wake up during the fight and release just how powerless she is vs a not playing around Aqua.
Old 2011-04-28, 17:28   Link #9932
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Aqua is just epic, I would have love for kanzaki to wake up during the fight and release just how powerless she is vs a not playing around Aqua.
u can be cruel to a lot of characters can't you
Old 2011-04-28, 17:37   Link #9933
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
u can be cruel to a lot of characters can't you
I'd like to see Touma beaten within an inch of his pathetic life; does that qualify as cruel?
Old 2011-04-28, 18:28   Link #9934
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Cruel is what gives our good pal Phibrizzo life! Without cruelness there would be no Phibrizzo. Without Phibrizzo there would be no cruelness. It's what keeps the world in balance.

Quote:
I'd like to see Touma beaten within an inch of his pathetic life; does that qualify as cruel?
And then stand up and kick that person's ass

Old 2011-04-28, 18:46   Link #9935
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Cruel is what gives our good pal Phibrizzo life! Without cruelness there would be no Phibrizzo. Without Phibrizzo there would be no cruelness. It's what keeps the world in balance.

And then stand up and kick that person's ass
Him getting beat up brings balance to the series. Having a character like him beat everyone with a punch can get annoying so once in a while the author brought some change to it and it worked out perfectly or near perfectly.

To me Index>Madoka
Old 2011-04-28, 18:47   Link #9936
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Oh no. God no. We're not bring Madoka into any thread not specifically related to that show. I'm tired of discussing it in places where it has no damn bearing whatsoever.
Old 2011-04-28, 18:49   Link #9937
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Oh no. God no. We're not bring Madoka into any thread not specifically related to that show. I'm tired of discussing it in places where it has no damn bearing whatsoever.
Then lets not. But im loling since its the new way to troll now. But we won't mention it here.
Old 2011-04-28, 18:50   Link #9938
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Did anyone else thoroughly enjoy reading Acqua steamroll everyone in Vol. 16?
Old 2011-04-28, 18:57   Link #9939
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Did anyone else thoroughly enjoy reading Acqua steamroll everyone in Vol. 16?
I just loved when he beat down Touma....and Kanzaki..... and the Amakusas.....
Old 2011-04-28, 19:12   Link #9940
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Tch, I loved it when Touma came out and saved everyone by stopping Acqua's attack

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen