AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 00:00   Link #101
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
Is it answered on ep. 26?
Because up to 25, nothing heheheh

This is more important than Oyashiro-Sama or the great disaster
This was answered at the beginning of Tsumihoroboshi.
Rena goes overboard purposely to forget her family situation.
It's her escape.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 01:27   Link #102
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
Is there enough information in the anime to figure out the central culprit of Higurashi, his/her motives, allies, and procedure?
With only the anime? Probably not. Even if you played through the original game (Onikakushi ~ Tsumihoroboshi) in its entirety with all the details and TIPs and everything, it'll still take a genius (or psychic) to be able to figure out all those things you stated.

Then again, finding the true culprit isn't really the goal of the story anyway. Rather, it's only one of the necessary things that we needed to know in order to achieve the true goal.

The true goal? It's all about Rika and her fate.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 21:25   Link #103
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Okay this has been confusing me for a while now. I think I know it, but just to clarify. Which Sonozaki sister was in the Angel Mort the first time Keiichi went there, Shion (meaning the one we know as Shion who likes Satoshi and not the "real" Shion or whatever that whole business is) or Mion (meaning the one we know as Mion, etc etc)? It was Mion, right?

And the one that gave Keiichi the boxed lunch was also Mion, correct?

Sorry if this was confusing
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 14:37   Link #104
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi
Okay this has been confusing me for a while now. I think I know it, but just to clarify. Which Sonozaki sister was in the Angel Mort the first time Keiichi went there, Shion (meaning the one we know as Shion who likes Satoshi and not the "real" Shion or whatever that whole business is) or Mion (meaning the one we know as Mion, etc etc)? It was Mion, right?

And the one that gave Keiichi the boxed lunch was also Mion, correct?

Sorry if this was confusing
Spoiler for For people to seen up to Meakashi Hen:
Old 2006-10-03, 14:44   Link #105
MarthX

Hanyu and Hanyuu. I've seen it spelled both ways. If "Hanyu" is the correct way then why do so many people use Hanyuu?
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 15:04   Link #106
Freakman

Hanyuu is the correct spelling.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 15:12   Link #107
LostBlue
祭囃子

Hanyuu is really the correct way to spell it via Romaji.
Same way that Ooishi is the correct way to spell Oishi via Romaji.
It's just for readability and an accepted way of writing when two identical vowels are line together like that.

Personally, I like writing Oishi and Hanyuu
Old 2006-10-03, 15:36   Link #108
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Spoiler for For people to seen up to Meakashi Hen:
But that only applies to Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen. right? It seems like in episode 11 (Tatarigoroshi-hen) there was a moment when Shion answered a phone call from K1 as Mion. She knew details about Satoshi that only Shion should know.

bleh, K1 is right. Just being able to tell those two apart would be nice.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 15:57   Link #109
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai
But that only applies to Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen. right? It seems like in episode 11 (Tatarigoroshi-hen) there was a moment when Shion answered a phone call from K1 as Mion. She knew details about Satoshi that only Shion should know.

bleh, K1 is right. Just being able to tell those two apart would be nice.
Shion would've been screwed in Watanagashi and Meakashi if they checked her back.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:09   Link #110
Kisuke06
I see...

I don't know if here is the right place to ask this, I didn't want to post this on "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" because there you are only supposed to post questions, so I tought that this would be a good place to post this. This post can be deleted if this is not in the right place.

Well, I just want to know if "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" thread will spoil too much, I mean I plan on playing translated games so I don't want to get too spoiled.

kj have warned that reading the TIPS thread following this post would spoil you if you plan on playing the translated games.

But at "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" thread kj just said that "questions like "So who killed Rika? What is the Hinamizawa Gas Disaster? Will be set aside since it spoils too much." That means that is it safe to read that thread(if you plan on playing the translated games)?

I just want to make sure.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:41   Link #111
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan
I don't know if here is the right place to ask this, I didn't want to post this on "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" because there you are only supposed to post questions, so I tought that this would be a good place to post this. This post can be deleted if this is not in the right place.

Well, I just want to know if "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" thread will spoil too much, I mean I plan on playing translated games so I don't want to get too spoiled.

kj have warned that reading the TIPS thread following this post would spoil you if you plan on playing the translated games.

But at "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" thread kj just said that "questions like "So who killed Rika? What is the Hinamizawa Gas Disaster? Will be set aside since it spoils too much." That means that is it safe to read that thread(if you plan on playing the translated games)?

I just want to make sure.
Yep. We'll answer each of them discreetly, without giving away too much.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 11:09   Link #112
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
I'm posting this here and not in the other thread because this one doesn't seem like it would fit in there. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been answered or not, but I was rewatching Tatarigoroshi a while ago and I think someone said it was Shion on the phone when Keiichi called the Sonozaki house in episode 11, and how it was Shion who said he was acting like Satoshi. Now while it would make sense for her to play the part of "Mion" in that situation, when it showed her, she was dressed up as Mion too.

So my question is, do we know what Shion was doing as "Mion" at that time, since it wasn't the Watanagashi festival yet, if it even was Shion on the phone? Though if it wasn't, then the question would be how did Mion know about what Satoshi told Shion on the phone that day?
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 00:06   Link #113
Aortic

Something curious I spotted while rewatching Onikakushi-hen.

Spoiler for The significance of games:
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 03:10   Link #114
tehtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi no Hibi View Post

So my question is, do we know what Shion was doing as "Mion" at that time, since it wasn't the Watanagashi festival yet, if it even was Shion on the phone? Though if it wasn't, then the question would be how did Mion know about what Satoshi told Shion on the phone that day?
My guess is that the person that answer keichii phone is Mion, as in how did Mion know about Satoshi's conversation with Shion.... well, Shion need to tell Mion about it so Mion will bring his sister to the festival right? (Even if it's Shion who brought Satoko to the festival, she still needs to explain to Mion the reason for switching right?)
tehtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 10:34   Link #115
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Maybe Shion just happened to be over and Mion asked her to take some calls while she went to bed? As for dressing as Mion, if the scene suddenly showed someone dressed as Shion answering the phone it would be incredibly confusing to the audience who hadn't seen Meakashi-hen.

I don't think Shion would tell Mion something that would incriminate Satoshi. I mean, when the Sonozaki finally found out about Satoshi and Shion from the cops, they obviously weren't too happy.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 20:41   Link #116
Rias

Something curious after watching the whole anime:

Spoiler:
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 21:24   Link #117
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Something curious after watching the whole anime:

Spoiler:
I think it means the burnt body wasn't hers
Her reasons? If you want some spoilers:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36807
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31732

good luck!
Old 2006-11-04, 02:11   Link #118
Khym Chanur

Some questions:

1) According to Wikipedia, the "kana kana" with which Rena often ends her sentences is an onomatopoeia for the sounds that the cicadas make. But according to the anime, putting "kana kana" after a sentence is something like adding "Huh? Huh?" after a sentence. Which is right?

2) I've read that "Higurashi" means something like "turning dark", and is used to refer to certain cicadas that start making their noises when it starts turning dark. Is this a species or genus of cicada native to Japan, or is any cicada that makes noise at that particular time a higurashi?

3) What is the "distinction" that Mion, Shion and her grandmother keep talking about? Punishment? Why didn't Rika understand it's use in context? Also, wasn't the tattoo on Mion's back called a distinction?

4) Did Yukie (Mamoru Akasaka's wife) used to live in Hinamizawa? One of the TIPS seems to imply so (though I can't remember which one).

5) In the first seven "games", there isn't any game play, you just keep on clicking to go from one scene to the next (so I've read; I haven't played the game). But the final chapter, Matsuribayashi-hen, seems to have some sort of gameplay to it. There are fifty pieces which can be read somewhat out of order, but not entirely, since some pieces must be read before others in order to unlock the other pieces. Then, after having read all of them, you somehow have to "put the pieces together", like some sort of mental jig-saw puzzle (at least, that's how I interpret the prologue). What's the gameplay for fitting the pieces together?

6) This refers to TIPS titled Note of Grudges?, and concerns spoilers for ep 12 (or maybe ep 13?)

Spoiler:
7) Someone had asked earlier about the ages of the main characters. From TIPS titled Keiichi's Past (spoilers for ep 25). A small quote (not much of a spoiler), from before Keiichi's family moved to Hinamizawa:

Quote:
It was sort of a reactionory antipathy towards my parents who constantly bickered me to go to secondary school even when I have lost all interest in studying.
So, before moving, he was in 9th grade (since secondary school in Japan is 10th to 12th grades). The story arcs involving him take place in June. He moved to the village a month before, or in May. The Japanese school year starts in April. So, if the events described in "Keiichi's Past" took just one month (took place during April), and his family moved immediatly afterwards (at the beginning of May), then Keiichi is still in 9th grade. If the events took longer, and/or the family spent some time deciding where to move next, then he'd be in 10th grade.

EDIT:

8) Spoiler for ep 13:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Khym Chanur; 2006-11-04 at 06:01.
Khym Chanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 08:33   Link #119
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
Some questions:

1) According to Wikipedia, the "kana kana" with which Rena often ends her sentences is an onomatopoeia for the sounds that the cicadas make. But according to the anime, putting "kana kana" after a sentence is something like adding "Huh? Huh?" after a sentence. Which is right?

2) I've read that "Higurashi" means something like "turning dark", and is used to refer to certain cicadas that start making their noises when it starts turning dark. Is this a species or genus of cicada native to Japan, or is any cicada that makes noise at that particular time a higurashi?

3) What is the "distinction" that Mion, Shion and her grandmother keep talking about? Punishment? Why didn't Rika understand it's use in context? Also, wasn't the tattoo on Mion's back called a distinction?

4) Did Yukie (Mamoru Akasaka's wife) used to live in Hinamizawa? One of the TIPS seems to imply so (though I can't remember which one).

5) In the first seven "games", there isn't any game play, you just keep on clicking to go from one scene to the next (so I've read; I haven't played the game). But the final chapter, Matsuribayashi-hen, seems to have some sort of gameplay to it. There are fifty pieces which can be read somewhat out of order, but not entirely, since some pieces must be read before others in order to unlock the other pieces. Then, after having read all of them, you somehow have to "put the pieces together", like some sort of mental jig-saw puzzle (at least, that's how I interpret the prologue). What's the gameplay for fitting the pieces together?

6) This refers to TIPS titled Note of Grudges?, and concerns spoilers for ep 12 (or maybe ep 13?)

Spoiler:
7) Someone had asked earlier about the ages of the main characters. From TIPS titled Keiichi's Past (spoilers for ep 25). A small quote (not much of a spoiler), from before Keiichi's family moved to Hinamizawa:

So, before moving, he was in 9th grade (since secondary school in Japan is 10th to 12th grades). The story arcs involving him take place in June. He moved to the village a month before, or in May. The Japanese school year starts in April. So, if the events described in "Keiichi's Past" took just one month (took place during April), and his family moved immediatly afterwards (at the beginning of May), then Keiichi is still in 9th grade. If the events took longer, and/or the family spent some time deciding where to move next, then he'd be in 10th grade.

EDIT:

8) Spoiler for ep 13:
Spoiler:
1- both.
8- IIRC, in the game, it was a tiny rope bridge. (not having got this far in the game, was it the bridge going to the rubbish heap?)
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:07   Link #120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
we would need Ryukishi07-san to answer this
there are a lots of possible reasons :
-the cicada
-rhym for her first "kana"
-like you said, some personnal onomatopia for "huh?" or "right right?"

i'll pass the second question ^^;

Quote:
the distinction is an act to prove to sonozaki family that you have redemeeded yourself, and you will not betray their trust anymore etc.

I would assume that this kind of things is reserved for sonozaki matter, and it's kinda their dark side i would say.

Quote:
errr, i can't find anything about that :s

Quote:
no in fact, you are just reading the pieces under a specific order.

if you try to read an unavailable piece, the "game" will simply mark it as unavailable (the thumbnail of the piece will turn into a broken glass)
when a piece become available later, you will see a bright blue border around the broken glass.

you won't have anything to "put together", in fact, you are already putting them together, which permit you to read further pieces.

Quote:

Spoiler:
errr... what do you mean in this question?

Quote:
8) Spoiler for ep 13:
Spoiler:
i would assume you didn't see how the game work, in fact, it's rather simple : you will see a photo as the background, and the text in front of it, with sometimes the character CG.
i didn't try tatraigoroshi yet, but the cg would or wouldn't show how the bridge is in the original story.