AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 05:06   Link #1
OPN

Aku No Hana (Flowers of Evil)

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/74136
I vaguely remember reading about the manga and it looked interesting...looking forward to the anime.
Plot (from MAL)
Quote:
Kasuga Takao is a boy who loves reading books, particularly Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal. A girl at his school, Saeki Nanako, is his muse and his Venus, and he admires her from a distance. One day, he forgets his copy of Les Fleurs du Mal in the classroom and runs back alone to pick it up. In the classroom, he finds not only his book, but Saeki's gym uniform. On a mad impulse, he steals it.

Now everyone knows 'some pervert' stole Saeki's uniform, and Kasuga is dying with shame and guilt. Furthermore, the weird, creepy, and friendless girl of the class, Nakamura, saw him take the uniform. Instead of revealing it was him, she recognizes his kindred deviant spirit and uses her knowledge to take control of his life. Will it be possible for Kasuga to get closer to Saeki, despite Nakamura's meddling and his dark secret? What exactly does Nakamura intend to do with him?

Last edited by OPN; 2012-08-05 at 08:42.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 05:20   Link #2
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Aku No Hana (Anime Series)

Synopsis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Takao Kasuga receives an F on a math test. But he doesn’t even seem to notice because he’s too engrossed in surreptitiously reading Beaudelaire’s The Flowers of Evil. And the day goes downhill from there. In a moment of weakness, he finds and takes home the gym clothes belonging to sweet, pretty Nanako Saeki on whom he has a major crush. Unfortunately for Takao, there’s a witness to the theft: Nakamura, who has a huge chip on her shoulder and a sadistic streak. As the saga unfolds, we see Takao struggling to decide whether to confess or cover up his misdeeds at the same time that he tries to win over the girl of his dreams, and avoid the blackmail attempts of Nakamura, his new BFF.
The manga did well to portray the awkward period of one's early teenage years, but sometimes things just goes way beyond the edge.

In any case, I don't see them replicate things faithfully and I can't see the anime becoming a hit at all. But it will make for a great peek into the human psyche.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-08-05 at 05:31.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 06:31   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Wow, sounds like it'll be the third Bessatsu Magazine manga to get an anime, after Sankarea and Joshiraku.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 07:02   Link #4
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The guy just made it complicated....

Looks like a lot of manipulative behaviors will be seen in this on... I give it a shot.

This gives me an Another feeling... hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 07:15   Link #5
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

This anime will not attract much of a following because none of the characters are likeable and it might strike too close to home for some people.

But if you are looking for something that focus on the human psyche and wants to go into topics about dissecting and discussing on it, here's the anime for you.
Old 2012-08-05, 08:09   Link #6
topboy
poor man

Censored Everywhere.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:11   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
Censored Everywhere.
I know what you mean... reminds me of Elfin Lied then...
Old 2012-08-05, 08:17   Link #8
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Nothing really objectional to be censored apart from one certain scene in the later part of the manga anyway. No gore, no sex. Unless you consider the stupidity and immaturity of youth to be a crime.
Old 2012-08-05, 08:24   Link #9
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Nothing really objectional to be censored apart from one certain scene in the later part of the manga anyway. No gore, no sex. Unless you consider the stupidity and immaturity of youth to be a crime.
Thanks for clearing it.... I'll still watch it anyway.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:30   Link #10
Utsuro no Hako

Wow, I was just reading the latest (English) volume last night and wondering if this could ever get an anime.

Quote:
This anime will not attract much of a following because none of the characters are likeable and it might strike too close to home for some people.
I don't expect it to be super-popular, but it should appeal to the same people who liked Sankarea and Mysterious Girlfriend X -- it's meaner than either of those, but it has the same kind of weird vibe.

Quote:
Nothing specific, but the overall tone might cause problems. Vertical says they're having trouble getting some bookstores to carry the series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical Inc.
I got word from our Canadian seller that some stores in Canada are not happy with the title. They feel it's too "adult" for their stores. Mainly chain stores, but there might be some trickle down.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:42   Link #11
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well I consider Nazo no Kanojo X to be quite a sweet story so I have no hard time believing this could be meaner!
Just wondering,how much is Les Fleurs du Mal referenced in the manga,are specific poems brought up?

Also we don't have a studio but Nagahama Hiroshi (Mushishi) will be directing.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:58   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
HELL YEAH! The Flowers of Evil - School Days edition. Should be awesome >=03! I actually had one qualm with the manga, but I left that reason in the manga thread if you want to know. Plus, the next volume should be out in the next couple of months, finishing the story. Perfect time for an anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't expect it to be super-popular, but it should appeal to the same people who liked Sankarea and Mysterious Girlfriend X -- it's meaner than either of those, but it has the same kind of weird vibe.
I dunno. With an MC the way he is, I'd hardly compare it to Sankarea or MGX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well I consider Nazo no Kanojo X to be quite a sweet story so I have no hard time believing this could be meaner!
Just wondering,how much is Les Fleurs du Mal referenced in the manga,are specific poems brought up?
There are no specific poems brought up, but the book's ideology(or at least the main char's interpretation of it) is.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:01   Link #13
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Don't expect this to be Chihayafuru for Baudelaire. You can tell the main character is the sort of kid who thinks Fleurs du Mal is the best thing ever, and the story is definitely influenced by Baudelaire, but the main character doesn't break out direct quotes that often.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:05   Link #14
konart

Quote:

Also we don't have a studio but Nagahama Hiroshi (Mushishi) will be directing.
Les Fleurs du Mal is the mc's favourite book. As far as I remember the wasn't any particular referenced to the poems
Old 2012-08-05, 11:05   Link #15
Iron Maw
Banned

Never expected this would ever get an airing. It should be... interesting. hahahaha
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:39   Link #16
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Thanks everyone for the replies

Quote:
Don't expect this to be Chihayafuru for Baudelaire. You can tell the main character is the sort of kid who thinks Fleurs du Mal is the best thing ever, and the story is definitely influenced by Baudelaire, but the main character doesn't break out direct quotes that often.
I would have appreciated a "Chihayafuru for Baudelaire" but wasn't holding my hopes up,still the fact that the MC thinks "Fleurs du Mal is the best thing ever" tells me quite a bit about him and the tone of the story,should be interesting!
Old 2012-08-05, 12:09   Link #17
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've read some of the manga recently as well, and wondered if this might get an adaptation. It's very, very dark - MGX and Chihayafuru are not good comps at all - a less explicit "Sundome" is closer to the mark.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:29   Link #18
leokiko

Dark, twisted, crazy story incoming. I was missing those
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:41   Link #19
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've read some of the manga recently as well, and wondered if this might get an adaptation. It's very, very dark - MGX and Chihayafuru are not good comps at all - a less explicit "Sundome" is closer to the mark.
I did say it's not Chihayafuru for Baudelaire.

As for MGX -- it's a twisted love story with the same basic set-up of a weird girl discovering a loser guy doing something embarrassing and taking him under her wing. It's just that if Urabe was 6 on the weirdness meter, Nakamura's 11.

Whatever you compare AnH to, the reactions in this thread should be as entertaining as the show itself.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:54   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
As for MGX -- it's a twisted love story with the same basic set-up of a weird girl discovering a loser guy doing something embarrassing and taking him under her wing. It's just that if Urabe was 6 on the weirdness meter, Nakamura's 11.
I get what you're trying to say, but in Tsubaki's defense, I hardly believe he is a "loser". He's not even ostracized by his peers or anything.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avantgarde, romance