Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 11:48   Link #6801
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well.....

1) The employment pass in question is from the Ministry of Manpower here. I don't think it's an issue of watchdogs.

2) It's not really 2 months for processing an employment pass; it's that amount of time for an appeal. Her initial one got rejected for a minor technical detail, like I said earlier. And I did hear that appeals take quite a bit of time over here.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm working myself, I can't spend that much time with her....but that's hardly an issue, at least for this girl, since she's very motivated in keeping herself occupied.

And thanks to everyone else as well. I'll keep doing my best in lifting her mood. Just hope good news will come soon for her.
Have you seen the China workers strike outside MOM before? It is a testament to that the bureaucrats in the building are just too indecisive - you have to really push them to make a decision and 2 months is really taking too long.

Every one month or two weeks, you have to call them and ask (politely of course). It is mean to keep breathing down their neck, but this is a serious issue because it concerns the legitimacy to stay in a foreign country.

Ask her to seek the Vietnamese Embassy for assistance if MOM doesn't give a solid reply*, 9 months is long enough for both of you to have a child AND a shotgun wedding.

* - Departmental forwarding is a favourite tactic, always ask for the full name of the person whom you are speaking over the phone after the conversation ends, then NAME the person in the next department. Trust me on this, I had plenty of experience in dealing with overpaid goverment buckpassers like these.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 05:47   Link #6802
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Garr.

I got crossfire shot down.

I found out that she liked 'someone', but I didn't know who that someone was, so I just waited to see how it played out.

Then she told me who she liked...then she went and confessed to him.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 07:00   Link #6803
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Garr.

I found out that she liked 'someone', but I didn't know who that someone was, so I just waited to see how it played out.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
*pat on the back* That bites.

Pick yourself up and find someone else to aim for.
Old 2010-10-27, 15:17   Link #6804
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Garr.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Same thing happened to me a few years back and I know it's tough. Stranger still she got shot down when she confessed and I still don't know if that was a good or a bad thing: she ended up dating a friend of mine for over 4 years little after that and the same thing happened to him (it was a weird "triangle" we had there).

But sadly I'm not in a very good position to give out advice since I'm seeing myself getting into a similar situation again... *sigh*

So here's the deal: the new year started and as such new people got into my university obviously and amongst them there was this blue-eyed girl (let's call her M) who I must say virtually made my jaw drop when I first saw her. Now here's the thing: she's fun to talk to and all that but I find that we two alone don't have much to talk about and my infatuation with her is quite probably one-sided and it's this that's killing me.

But then again this is probably the freakin headache I have right now that's making me feel worse about the situation and I just wanted to vent it out.
Old 2010-10-28, 00:42   Link #6805
Samari
World's Greatest

Something unwarranted occurred today. For those of you who have followed my situation, you know who Macy is. Or rather, the nickname I've given that person. I believe the last time I mentioned her name was in regards to me having a rocky situation with my current girlfriend. I wasn't sure what I wanted. To be honest, I'm still not sure within certain aspects of my relationship.

I hadn't spoken to Macy since the beginning of September when school started. She had gone back to China to see her friends and family. When she returned I spoke to her briefly on Skype. It was small talk really, but it was quite awkward to say the least. The conversation was short. I felt as if she was being a little cold towards me actually. Not sure what I wanted out of the conversation really. I suppose I just wanted to talk...to see what she had been up to. At least that is my excuse on the surface. I told her I had been studying Chinese during the new semester. I even asked if she could lend me a hand if I needed some help. She said she'd think about it basically...and afterwards mentioned that she wasn't sure if it would be okay or not because of her boyfriend. I was really taken aback by that comment. I just couldn't figure when she had the time to get a boyfriend. I asked if she had met him here in the states, and she said yes. She had been in China practically the entire time. I didn't really pursue the matter. It wasn't really any of my business. I just assumed she had other friends and got close to one of them. Or she was lying. I guess I could see why she might do that too...after what happened the last time we spent time together. I remember when she told me she had a boyfriend...I pretty much told her bye and signed off. I wasn't mean about it. I just told her I had to go and good luck this semester. I acted like a spoiled child really.

So that was the last time I had really talked to her. Almost two months. About a month ago I had seen her in the elevator I was about to get on. She was looking at her phone and she didn't see me. I decided to wait for the next elevator. Even after two months I would think about her sometimes. Then there was today.

I was walking back home with my girlfriend from Chinatown and the thing I never wanted to happen, happened. As we were walking back Macy saw me on the same street as did I. There was no time for me to hide myself and get by. We acknowledged each other and I introduced her to my girlfriend...and when they shook hands a lot of things when through my mind...specifically the time I held hands with Macy for a split second months ago. The conversation was short. I smiled as best I could and asked her how things were going. Small talk. I can't remember the last time it was so hard to look at someone. I did it of course, but it felt uneasy.

Afterward, we left and I remember the icing on the cake which was the comment from my girlfriend. And that was "She sounds like a guy with her voice". I simply smiled lightly and started talking about something else. This was bad timing really, because it came a day after me and my girlfriend were on uneasy ground regarding Halloween socializing...something I might talk about later. But the day before made me think of Macy a little bit and then of course the next day I randomly met her on the street with my girlfriend.

All in all I suppose it's not a big deal. Nothing will really come of this unless I make it an issue. I was planning on talking to her again though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2010-10-28 at 00:58.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 01:13   Link #6806
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Nothing will really come of this unless I make it an issue.
Remember these words, is all I can say...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 08:09   Link #6807
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

So so gay. ;_;

My best friend keeps thinking that I've already moved on when I'm TRYING to distance myself from those feelings for the time being >_>

And I met an old friend of mine...sigh. She used to be an old crush of mine, lol. And I guess I still feel some of that, I dunno. Everything is just...blehhhh. Screwed up majorly. ;_;
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 08:20   Link #6808
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
So so gay. ;_;

My best friend keeps thinking that I've already moved on when I'm TRYING to distance myself from those feelings for the time being >_>

And I met an old friend of mine...sigh. She used to be an old crush of mine, lol. And I guess I still feel some of that, I dunno. Everything is just...blehhhh. Screwed up majorly. ;_;
Just a question, this old friend of yours, is she also taken? Either way, you can always try and move on. It is hard at first but don't let yourself be consumed by it. The important thing is to have faith that you will run into the right person some day, but of course this shouldn't stop you from searching on your own
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 09:02   Link #6809
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Follow Keima's example and immerse yourself in the world of 2D girls You could fall in love with lots and lots of women, key point is doing so with the ones that might give you a chance as well!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 09:38   Link #6810
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Something unwarranted occurred today. For those of you who have followed my situation, you know who Macy is. Or rather, the nickname I've given that person. I believe the last time I mentioned her name was in regards to me having a rocky situation with my current girlfriend. I wasn't sure what I wanted. To be honest, I'm still not sure within certain aspects of my relationship.

I hadn't spoken to Macy since the beginning of September when school started. She had gone back to China to see her friends and family. When she returned I spoke to her briefly on Skype. It was small talk really, but it was quite awkward to say the least. The conversation was short. I felt as if she was being a little cold towards me actually. Not sure what I wanted out of the conversation really. I suppose I just wanted to talk...to see what she had been up to. At least that is my excuse on the surface. I told her I had been studying Chinese during the new semester. I even asked if she could lend me a hand if I needed some help. She said she'd think about it basically...and afterwards mentioned that she wasn't sure if it would be okay or not because of her boyfriend. I was really taken aback by that comment. I just couldn't figure when she had the time to get a boyfriend. I asked if she had met him here in the states, and she said yes. She had been in China practically the entire time. I didn't really pursue the matter. It wasn't really any of my business. I just assumed she had other friends and got close to one of them. Or she was lying. I guess I could see why she might do that too...after what happened the last time we spent time together. I remember when she told me she had a boyfriend...I pretty much told her bye and signed off. I wasn't mean about it. I just told her I had to go and good luck this semester. I acted like a spoiled child really.

So that was the last time I had really talked to her. Almost two months. About a month ago I had seen her in the elevator I was about to get on. She was looking at her phone and she didn't see me. I decided to wait for the next elevator. Even after two months I would think about her sometimes. Then there was today.

I was walking back home with my girlfriend from Chinatown and the thing I never wanted to happen, happened. As we were walking back Macy saw me on the same street as did I. There was no time for me to hide myself and get by. We acknowledged each other and I introduced her to my girlfriend...and when they shook hands a lot of things when through my mind...specifically the time I held hands with Macy for a split second months ago. The conversation was short. I smiled as best I could and asked her how things were going. Small talk. I can't remember the last time it was so hard to look at someone. I did it of course, but it felt uneasy.

Afterward, we left and I remember the icing on the cake which was the comment from my girlfriend. And that was "She sounds like a guy with her voice". I simply smiled lightly and started talking about something else. This was bad timing really, because it came a day after me and my girlfriend were on uneasy ground regarding Halloween socializing...something I might talk about later. But the day before made me think of Macy a little bit and then of course the next day I randomly met her on the street with my girlfriend.

All in all I suppose it's not a big deal. Nothing will really come of this unless I make it an issue. I was planning on talking to her again though.
Is it possible to suggest that you consider not talking to her at all? It seems you never explained the full situation to your girlfriend, and now Macy also seems a little uncomfortable around you. Continuing to talk to her might make things worse overall in the long run, especially since she isn't as open to you as she was before.
Old 2010-10-28, 11:18   Link #6811
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Garr.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Confessing to someone is never easy, and is always a huge risk. Should you never take the chance and keep your feelings bottled up inside? Some might say yes, even though everyone wants people to be open and honest with them. How is she acting around you now? If she's at least friendly to you, then count it as a win. She could totally hate and ignore you, which is the worst result of a confession, haha!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 14:37   Link #6812
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Samari: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man gotta take a breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She probably had a boyfriend the entire time... just like you had a girlfriend the entire time... oh lawd, that's hilarious.

Karma. It's a bitch.
Old 2010-10-28, 17:25   Link #6813
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@Samari: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man gotta take a breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She probably had a boyfriend the entire time... just like you had a girlfriend the entire time... oh lawd, that's hilarious.

Karma. It's a bitch.
I highly doubt it. No photos of her with anyone on her facebook. Never hung out with him at social events. Unless it was a guy back in China. I doubt she would have hung out with me as much if this was the case. Honestly what she said about that and how it happened really doesn't add up. But whatever.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-10-28, 17:39   Link #6814
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya'll ever like a girl/guy, but couldn't do anything because they were taken already? Then came a time where said persons broke up with their other half, and you felt "Alright, now is my chance!" Only to see that they got back together about 48 hours later?

I had that happen to me recently.

It sucked.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 18:01   Link #6815
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ya'll ever like a girl/guy, but couldn't do anything because they were taken already? Then came a time where said persons broke up with their other half, and you felt "Alright, now is my chance!" Only to see that they got back together about 48 hours later?

I had that happen to me recently.

It sucked.
It happened to me, but the girl didn't get back with him. She rejected me anyways
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 20:04   Link #6816
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
It happened to me, but the girl didn't get back with him. She rejected me anyways
Double negative, I feel for ya bro.
Old 2010-10-28, 21:46   Link #6817
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Getting together with someone who has just broken up is asking for a rebound anyway. Like a lot of things, it could work out(always an exception to the rule), but odds are against you. Of course, if you're only interested in a short-term fling, go for it anyway. ;p
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:13   Link #6818
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
@Samari, I agree with Beams. She might have thought about the whole situation while away and decided to distance herself from you - thus her behaviour.
If you aren't in love with that girl and want to fix things with your girlfriend, you should focus on your gf. It doesn't look like anything good would come out of socializing with her to be frank.

@khu & nosfu, sucks D: You have my sympathy :/
But I agree with Kaijo - meddling with freshly broken up people is messy business. Almost always.

I know that I'm not able to hook up with someone else seriously right after a break up. I just don't want to play around with people (if they don't want to be toyed with ;P) and I'm not able to be serious about someone before I'm really over the whole past relationship.
And then I need to get used to being allowed to flrt around as much I want again ...

What's up with things atm anyway? Two of my closest friends have a broken love life, just like me - or far worse. Only one of our power quartette is still in a happy relationship. That traitor!
Things were so much easier when boys were still stupid and they just shoved you at the playground.
Stupid men genders.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 00:16   Link #6819
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Getting together with someone who has just broken up is asking for a rebound anyway. Like a lot of things, it could work out(always an exception to the rule), but odds are against you. Of course, if you're only interested in a short-term fling, go for it anyway. ;p
I'm at the point of my single life where I am desperate enough for sex with a female Krogan.

So a rebound would not bother me that much.
Old 2010-10-29, 01:34   Link #6820
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
@Samari, I agree with Beams. She might have thought about the whole situation while away and decided to distance herself from you - thus her behaviour.
If you aren't in love with that girl and want to fix things with your girlfriend, you should focus on your gf. It doesn't look like anything good would come out of socializing with her to be frank.
Deleted her number on my phone. Perhaps end our friendship on Facebook. You're right, nothing good will come of this it seems.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom