Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Romance thread.

Enough said
Like I said Monday was ban day
Dandylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:19   Link #12063
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I stay well away from the romance thread.. thats why I get a little defensive on my "home" turf here.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:19   Link #12064
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Why was he banned, by the way, along with gabbytay?
I am pretty sure I know why she was banned... but I will not say why here..
as for VAR I have no clue..
stay on topic people, or else get infractions..

anyways.. Kallen should figure something out next episode hopefully..
Old 2008-09-19, 19:21   Link #12065
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I am pretty sure I know why she was banned... but I will not say why here..
as for VAR I have no clue..
stay on topic people, or else get infractions..

anyways.. Kallen should figure something out next episode hopefully..
we can only hope she won't stay in the dark until the end
Dandylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:23   Link #12066
Sports72Xtrm

Honestly I want Kallen continue to share opposite views from Lelouch eg his methods or his plan or whatever even through the end. What exactly is she trying to understand about Lelouch? I hope it's not just do you like me? check yes or no since that would make her development seem stupid and even demean her character in my opinion.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:24   Link #12067
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
Yeah, but she just might..
remember the whole "So that's why they did it ending?"
Old 2008-09-19, 19:26   Link #12068
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Only the show can say who is right and who is wrong. I was, with Sol, amongst the ones who said that shirley will not die. I argued about that many times. I always thought that lelouch will save her if she was ever in danger.

The show talked: She died.
Wow, wow wow. Ok I think this is getting out of hand.

Will Kallen die by Suzaku's hand next episode? Maybe, but the chances are maybe 5%, and I'm being generous. She is one of the main 4, and most probably none of them will die before the last episode. We are not even sure one of them will die at all in the end.

Granted we were not shown last episode that Lelouch was trying hard to prevent her from being hurt. But come on : she is the pilot of the only KMF that can fight evenly with freaking Suzaku. Who/what on hell could do her any harm? Do you really think that Fuji's explosion could have hit her by surprise, when even Ougi had time to see it coming and think about Viletta? Kallen had time to see it coming and jump to the Ikaruga's rescue. If anything, it proves that she would never have been caught by surprise by the explosion.
The very safest place for Kallen is in her Guren : as long as Suzaku doesn't fight her, there is nothing that can harm her.

Plus, would you really think that Lelouch would be ok to let her die when he specifically asked her to "live on" in ep 19, something that up to now he said only to CC, Suzaku and Shirley?

I also saw someone in this thread saying that Nunnally was Lelouch enemy, and implying that because of that Lelouch would be ready to kill her off. Are you kidding me? Lelouch would be ready to kill the very person he did all of that for? There is just no way Lelouch could do any harm to Nunally of all people....

So please, if you're actually talking about the possibility of Kallen dying in 24, please make it sound like it is as much an unlikely possibility as it actually is.

And please don't bring in Shirley's death as an argument : her death served the plot and it was closure to her character. Kallen's death by Suzaku's hand would be of no use to the plot at all and would not close anything in regards to her character. You just can not compare them.

And sumimasen Narona, I was not targeting you personally with this post.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:27   Link #12069
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Honestly I want Kallen continue to share opposite views from Lelouch eg his methods or his plan or whatever even through the end. What exactly is she trying to understand about Lelouch? I hope it's not just do you like me? check yes or no since that would make her development seem stupid and even demean her character in my opinion.
She's wanted to know what he thinks of her since episode 7 at least. That isn't going to change. She obviously wants to know what he's up to, as well, because another point with her has been being left out of the loop. She should get at least one of those answers in the next episode, if not both by the last.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:30   Link #12070
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Wow, wow wow. Ok I think this is getting out of hand.
You got me all wrong. I didn't make a comparison with shirley's death. I said that I was sure that shirley will live, but she died. Meaning that I could be wrong about my opinion of what will happen in 24. And so, that I will not say to morbo that he is wrong and I am right.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:34   Link #12071
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You got me all wrong. I didn't make a comparison with shirley's death. I said that I was sure that shirley will live, but she died. Meaning that I could be wrong about my opinion of what will happen in 24. And so, that I will not say to morbo that he is wrong and I am right.
Ok, autant pour moi, fair enough.

Sorry, I'm just back from a party, I may not have my mind as clear as I would like
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:39   Link #12072
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Granted we were not shown last episode that Lelouch was trying hard to prevent her from being hurt. But come on : she is the pilot of the only KMF that can fight evenly with freaking Suzaku. Who/what on hell could do her any harm? Do you really think that Fuji's explosion could have hit her by surprise, when even Ougi had time to see it coming and think about Viletta? Kallen had time to see it coming and jump to the Ikaruga's rescue. If anything, it proves that she would never have been caught by surprise by the explosion.
The very safest place for Kallen is in her Guren : as long as Suzaku doesn't fight her, there is nothing that can harm her.
Well I feel that Kallen will "lose" because she is not as good as Suzaku and his albion.

Quote:
Plus, would you really think that Lelouch would be ok to let her die when he specifically asked her to "live on" in ep 19, something that up to now he said only to CC, Suzaku and Shirley?
I also saw someone in this thread saying that Nunnally was Lelouch enemy, and implying that because of that Lelouch would be ready to kill her off. Are you kidding me? Lelouch would be ready to kill the very person he did all of that for? There is just no way Lelouch could do any harm to Nunally of all people....
No I don't think he would be ok about it but really they did agree not to hide behind aesthtics of morals and frienships to hinder their goal so if he gets a little upset and tries something to deviate from the plan Suzaku should just smack him across the face and wake his ass up. If anything, they'd have a Charles V.V. relationship. Hating each other but still forced to work with one another to further their goals. Lelouch seems to have few allies at the current moment so I hope his pride won't get in the way of his judgment.

Quote:
So please, if you're actually talking about the possibility of Kallen dying in 24, please make it sound like it is as much an unlikely possibility as it actually is.
I agree that it is improbable that she will die since she is a popular character and thus not die due to "plot armor" supposedly since she is somehow integral to show. But I still have a feeling that she will lose to Suzaku.

Quote:
And please don't bring in Shirley's death as an argument : her death served the plot and it was closure to her character. Kallen's death by Suzaku's hand would be of no use to the plot at all and would not close anything in regards to her character. You just can not compare them.
It depends on how she goes. Everything is about circumstance.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:47   Link #12073
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She's wanted to know what he thinks of her since episode 7 at least. That isn't going to change. She obviously wants to know what he's up to, as well, because another point with her has been being left out of the loop. She should get at least one of those answers in the next episode, if not both by the last.
Very well then lets see if she gets her answer. Maybe one answer she will like and other she won't.
Old 2008-09-19, 20:48   Link #12074
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quick comments on questions going on in this thread.

1. Will Suzaku beat Kallen?
Honestly, I don't know. His 'Live On' Geass seems to give him the advantage if Kallen starts to win, but then this show is made for reversals. The majority of me is thinking either way, the fight will end before it reaches it's conclusion.

2. Will Suzaku kill Kallen?
I don't know this either. He was willing to spare Gino, and back when they were friends, Suzaku was far kinder to Kallen than he's ever been to Gino. They've had a serious fallen out, but Suzaku feels at least partially remorseful for that. Then again, with his new attitude, I'm not sure. I'd like to think that if Kallen learns about the 'promise' suggested in the Animedia conversation (which occurs to me might be the promise Lelouch made a long time ago about destroying Britannia), she will try to reason with Suzaku (or vice versa).

3. Will she join with Lelouch?
Depends. If the Requiem involves the original goals of destroying Britannia (which is likely if the promise above is what they're trying to do) and create a peaceful world, then yes. She may not approve of how he got to this point, but that would be rendered somewhat moot in the face of a guy that wants to drop bombs on all the UFN capitals. I'm also assuming that at the very least, the senior BKs must also discover Schneizel's deception since Tohdoh is attacking the Damocles in the opening. (I'm pretty sure Gino and Anya would join with the revelation that Schneizel going to bomb the crap out of the world too.)

4. Will she get her questions answered?
I seriously hope so. Otherwise, why develop her character to the point where she loves Lelouch, just to leave it hanging the final couple episodes. I'm not saying the Lelouch needs to say he loves her, but he should at least admit that he has feelings for her and told her to 'live on' because he didn't want her to die with him. That he refused to answer her in ep22 because he didn't want her to walk the "Demon's path."

At any rate, she seems to be questioning Suzaku (and possibly Lelouch) in the Animedia conversation, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:27   Link #12075
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
At any rate, she seems to be questioning Suzaku (and possibly Lelouch) in the Animedia conversation, so we'll just have to wait and see.
She was questioning Lelouch and why he had a promise with Suzaku
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 21:38   Link #12076
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

My thoughts on younde's 4 current questions

The stars point to no. Of course, astrology is hardly a confirmed science XD. I find it unlikely that he will beat Kallen however. Considering all other information beaten to death, I will simply rely on the data provided by Taniguchi in that Kallen will be "essential" to the story. Which I would find difficult if she were dead/unconscious/stuck in a useless KMF . On a flip side, due to Zero Requiem, I don't believe Kallen will beat Suzaku either. This pretty much leaves us with tie/interruption. Of course, this is for a given value for the term "beat", which will vary person to person.

2.Will Suzaku kill Kallen?
Covered in question 1. It may however be related to him performing a barrel roll.

3. Will she join Lelouch?
I personally find there to be too many possible variables to give a reasonable expectation for this answer. She may get an answer she likes and joins him. She may get an answer she doesn't like and doesn't join him. Lelouch may avoid the whole problem by turning Schneizel into the bad-guy first. Cornelia may help Lelouch dodge the problem by exposing Schneizel. Nunally may start spamming Fleija's again prompting them to ditch what they're doing to get away. C.C. may order a pizza. The list goes on

4. Will she get her question answered?
Ever, or in 24? Ever, I believe so. In 24. Weeeeeeeeell. Again, too many variables. Depending on exactly what else is going on, it may or may not happen. Whether or not she gets the answer could possibly determine the outcome of question 3, so this technically could be called a variable for that whole mess right there -_-.

All in all, it looks like 24 may deal with alot of issues surrounding Kallen as a character...or may stall us again (though, for the final time).
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 21:47   Link #12077
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
I kind of covered this topic in a posting I dis in the Spoiler and Speculation thread.

This is that posting:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=9649

I think that after Anya calls Suzaku out that we might get some answers.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:48   Link #12078
Sports72Xtrm

[QUOTE=kir44n;1915161]My thoughts on younde's 4 current questions

The stars point to no. Of course, astrology is hardly a confirmed science XD. I find it unlikely that he will beat Kallen however. Considering all other information beaten to death, I will simply rely on the data provided by Taniguchi in that Kallen will be "essential" to the story. Which I would find difficult if she were dead/unconscious/stuck in a useless KMF . On a flip side, due to Zero Requiem, I don't believe Kallen will beat Suzaku either. This pretty much leaves us with tie/interruption. Of course, this is for a given value for the term "beat", which will vary person to person.

Taniguchi said Kallen is "essential" to the story? Is this from an interview? Source please.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:49   Link #12079
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Taniguchi said Kallen is "essential" to the story? Is this from an interview? Source please.
It's in a magazine scan from around Turn 13 or so.
Old 2008-09-19, 21:52   Link #12080
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yeah, Taniguchi said that Kallen is an essential character, and this was in an interview about the bonds Lelouch has.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote